Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Who is skeletor? I swear, I get so confused when topics are merged and renamed.

I meant Jerry Jones. But it's no biggie--it's just for the general head honchos etc. The people that run the show, as it were.

11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Ouch. Charlotte isn't the warmest nicest person ever, but I think she is an attractive lady.

Tell you what, I wish MY arms looked like hers!!  I think the Skeletor thing came from when her hair was really dark and of course she's so thin.  I liked her fashion much better this season.  She tends to be very edgy in her casual looks and that's not my taste.  But I thought she looked lovely on the tour of the Star. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Samantha Finglass‏ @samfinglass  Oct 31

Happy Halloween. Here's a throwback to my modeling days

DNhL8aPUQAI1sOH.jpg

While I don't view the newer two piece kid's costume as scandalous as some (more just really unnecessary), I think this one is so much cuter. Wonder if it is still available (probably not).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 6

I ran across this while browsing other news:

Jerry Jones Forfeiting Cowboys Reportedly Discussed by Owners over Goodell Saga

The one thing I kept thinking while reading this (other than, "Wow, is it just me, or is this badly written?") is "but you just put him in the Hall of Fame" (which the article doesn't mention at all).

Okay, this one is a lot clearer (still doesn't mention Hall of Fame that I can see):

NFL Owners Could Try to Take the Cowboys Away From Jerry Jones Because of What Papa John Did

Edited by hannahbanana
added 2nd article link
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2017 at 11:19 PM, hannahbanana said:

The one thing I kept thinking while reading this (other than, "Wow, is it just me, or is this badly written?") is "but you just put him in the Hall of Fame" (which the article doesn't mention at all).

Okay, this one is a lot clearer (still doesn't mention Hall of Fame that I can see):

NFL Owners Could Try to Take the Cowboys Away From Jerry Jones Because of What Papa John Did

Media, sports writers and current HoF members nominate possibly inductees. Fan votes are the determining factors of who is inducted.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:19 PM, hannahbanana said:

waaawaaaawuuuut? Wow, these are two fascinating articles! I have questions...so curious...

1) It is thought that Jerry Jones is angry that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell because "he suspended star Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott for six games over domestic violence allegations". --> Has Jones ever confirmed this? Does anyone know how long of a suspension (or any at all) Jones thinks Elliott should have received? Or any other sort of punishment? 

2) "Jones also weighed in on the notion of players protesting police brutality and racial inequality by kneeling during the national anthem, saying anyone who 'disrespects the flag' will not be allowed to play." --> Has anything come of this? Have any players been benched/not allowed to play following a game where they kneeled? 

I think Ezekiel Elliot conceded and took his lumps. I do believe he was given a 6 game suspension. Jerry was upset because Ezekiel was punished before being declared guilty. At least, that is my understanding.

If one of my players was being punished for an alleged offense before a guilty verdict, I would be upset, too. Very angry. 

• Love 1

The Ezekiel Elliott situation was complicated.  He was not charged by police, who did not find the accuser to be credible, so there will never be a “guilty verdict.”  Regardless, neither the NFL nor any other employer is prohibited from disciplining an employee in the absence of a criminal conviction. In this case, in line with NFL policies and the collective bargaining agreement, the NFL conducted an internal investigation, and the investigator did not recommend any discipline. In spite of the finding of the NFL’s own investigator, Roger Goodell decided to impose a suspension, which — at least according to media descriptions of the CBA, as I haven’t read it — he has the power to do.  From what I’ve read, Jerry Jones feels like Elliott is innocent but is being used as a scapegoat to show that the NFL takes a hard line against domestic violence after the Ray Rice debacle. 

Just to be clear — I take no position on any of this; I’m just recounting what happened. 

• Love 5

@Jazzhands, thank you for explaining that whole situation in much greater detail. After the Ray Rice situation, I can see why TPTB have itchy trigger fingers. At the same time, I can also understand why Jerry Jones is aggravated.

No matter what, domestic violence should not be tolerated. Ever. 

5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I think Ezekiel Elliot conceded and took his lumps. I do believe he was given a 6 game suspension. Jerry was upset because Ezekiel was punished before being declared guilty. At least, that is my understanding.

If one of my players was being punished for an alleged offense before a guilty verdict, I would be upset, too. Very angry. 

I see your point of view, but he may have abused women in the past or may abuse women in the future. The sad fact is a lot of football players are abusers and have gotten away with it. I am not saying he is guilty in this incident, but if a DCC was accused of abusing a man there would be heck to pay, and I wonder if Jerry would defend her and keep her on the DCC squad.

On 11/22/2017 at 6:17 PM, Acromantula said:

waaawaaaawuuuut? Wow, these are two fascinating articles! I have questions...so curious...

1) It is thought that Jerry Jones is angry that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell because "he suspended star Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott for six games over domestic violence allegations". --> Has Jones ever confirmed this? Does anyone know how long of a suspension (or any at all) Jones thinks Elliott should have received? Or any other sort of punishment? 

2) "Jones also weighed in on the notion of players protesting police brutality and racial inequality by kneeling during the national anthem, saying anyone who 'disrespects the flag' will not be allowed to play." --> Has anything come of this? Have any players been benched/not allowed to play following a game where they kneeled? 

15 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I seem to remember that one of the articles I read (maybe not one of the two I posted) stated that Jones was also upset because Elliot received a 6 game suspension while a player from another team (with a similar offense, I think) only received a one game suspension. Others agree this is a problem (uneven/willy-nilly punishments), but don't want to rock the boat.

The other big issue seems to be Goodell's pay/compensation package. 50 million/year, I think. Jones says that's too much, especially given the job he's doing. Again, others agree but don't want to cause problems.

They also don't like that he supposedly involved Papa John -- got him to dis Goodell et al as well as the kneelers.

In other words, they agree with Jones but don't like that Jones is airing their dirty laundry. 

I haven't heard anything about kneelers being unable to play.

Edited by hannahbanana
spelling
  • Love 1

Thanks @Jazzhands and @tinabee1967, knew there had to be more to this story as your comments definitely show. That does make me uncomfortable to think that he was suspended without any real evidence of concrete guilt or a verdict (even from the NFL investigation). As well, I read a little of the investigation report, and it sure doesn't look good that the ex girlfriend was texting her own friend telling her to lie about Elliott dragging her out of the car, and also the fact that she got into a bar fight with another woman the same day she claims Elliott hit her (could explain the bruises). But then, I worry that perhaps she thought she had no chance at coming out on top against a tremendously wealthy and popular Elliott, and felt that she needed to fudge the truth to get heard. Ugh, just frustrating all around. 

Anyways, it helps explain to explain why Jerry Jones is so peeved about this situation, especially if there was a similar incident that happened to another player, and a far less serious sentence incurred. It's also good to hear that kneelers were not ostracized. I did figure, however, that if the Cowboys did that they would lose a lot of valuable players (even if it was a 1 game suspension, etc). 

LOL @bigskygirl, Jerry definitely wouldn't support a DCC accused of domestic violence. I don't think there have been any incidents where this was an issue, but you can bet Kelli and Judy would have her packing her bags before Jerry even caught wind of it! And then they would play it off as an "injury" or something. 

Edited by Acromantula
kneelers were "not" ostracized (forgot the "not").

I read in the news today that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tried to delay the talks on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's contract extension.  Ultimately he was unsuccessful, and Goodell's contract was extended for another five years.

Apparently Jerry Jones was unhappy with the way Goodell has handled Cowboys' RB Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension, and also with the manner in which Goodell has handled the knee-during-the-anthem controversy.

I try to teach my children this (among other things): do not find fault in others until you have cleaned up the fault in yourself.  Ezekiel Elliott's behavior, and not Roger Goodell's actions, ultimately led to his six-game suspension.  Certainly if Elliott had behaved differently at the outset, and likely if he had not exacerbated the issue with an alleged bar altercation, I do not think the suspension would have been for six games. 

Zeke is fortunate to be learning an important lesson early on, while he is still young, and has almost all of his amazing career ahead of him.  Bad behavior and deflection don't work out well for anyone, except the President (sorry mods, not sorry).

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, California Girl said:

I read in the news today that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tried to delay the talks on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's contract extension.  Ultimately he was unsuccessful, and Goodell's contract was extended for another five years.

Apparently Jerry Jones was unhappy with the way Goodell has handled Cowboys' RB Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension, and also with the manner in which Goodell has handled the knee-during-the-anthem controversy.

I try to teach my children this (among other things): do not find fault in others until you have cleaned up the fault in yourself.  Ezekiel Elliott's behavior, and not Roger Goodell's actions, ultimately led to his six-game suspension.  Certainly if Elliott had behaved differently at the outset, and likely if he had not exacerbated the issue with an alleged bar altercation, I do not think the suspension would have been for six games. 

Zeke is fortunate to be learning an important lesson early on, while he is still young, and has almost all of his amazing career ahead of him.  Bad behavior and deflection don't work out well for anyone, except the President (sorry mods, not sorry).

Who the hell is Jerry Jones to think hei is to have that much influence where he himself can delay the extension based on his displeasure with how he handled the kneeling "controversy." Just because you refuse your players to exercise their first amendment rights doesn't mean you speak for everyone else. Bye old man.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Who the hell is Jerry Jones to think hei is to have that much influence where he himself can delay the extension based on his displeasure with how he handled the kneeling "controversy." Just because you refuse your players to exercise their first amendment rights doesn't mean you speak for everyone else. Bye old man

He's wealthy and used to having power.

What I want top know is what Goddell is doing to earn 50 million per year? The players are risking their health.  They need to raise the minimum player salary.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, hypeman said:

What I want top know is what Goddell is doing to earn 50 million per year? The players are risking their health.  They need to raise the minimum player salary.

There are alot of wealthy owners, but yes, he's used to having power..he just doesn't have as much as he thinks he does. What they NEED to do is make the players' salaries guaranteed!

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, hypeman said:

What?  Is that right?  I have a law degree (though no NFL experience) and I will do that job for $500K/yr.  The rest can be put into increasing the minimum player salaries, and providing the long-term healthcare fund for injured players.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, California Girl said:

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Who the hell is Jerry Jones to think hei is to have that much influence where he himself can delay the extension based on his displeasure with how he handled the kneeling "controversy." Just because you refuse your players to exercise their first amendment rights doesn't mean you speak for everyone else. Bye old man.

2 hours ago, hypeman said:

It's about a lot more than Zeke's 6 game suspension & kneeling players. Other coaches aren't happy with Goodell as well, but they're upset with the way Jones is trying to do things.

The articles I read said that Goodell is doing a terrible job and the NFL is in shambles with a lot of the fault lying on Goodell's shoulders. Jones is reportedly so upset with the 6 game suspension because a player from another team with a similar offense only got a one game suspension. They all know the uneven suspensions are a problem. They also don't really think Goodell's earning his 50 mill a year, but they don't want Jones making a big stink about these things either.

Jones actually has some valid points (excluding the kneeling controversy -- though that's debatable) -- but trying to change things by stomping his feet and throwing his weight around is backfiring on him big time.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, California Girl said:

What?  Is that right?  I have a law degree (though no NFL experience) and I will do that job for $500K/yr.  The rest can be put into increasing the minimum player salaries, and providing the long-term healthcare fund for injured players.

*jawdrop*

• Love 3
On 12/13/2017 at 0:40 AM, Acromantula said:

*jawdrop*

LOL!  I only chose that number because Goddell's salary is reported as $50 million, so I wanted it to use a number starting with 5 and followed by 0s, and the next one down - $50,000 - seemed too little to pay the NFL Commissioner.

54 minutes ago, California Girl said:

LOL!  I only chose that number because Goddell's salary is reported as $50 million, so I wanted it to use a number starting with 5 and followed by 0s, and the next one down - $50,000 - seemed too little to pay the NFL Commissioner.

....oh, thank you for clarifying...I think I'm regaining a pulse now... ;) 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

1 hour ago, Acromantula said:

....oh, thank you for clarifying...I think I'm regaining a pulse now... ;) 

...for $50,000, I'll repeatedly offer considered opinions, and proofread official DCC social media postings to boot ?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, raindancer said:

...for $50,000, I'll repeatedly offer considered opinions, and proofread official DCC social media postings to boot ?

Hired. When can you start? 

Also, who handles social media with the DCC? Is it Podcast Courtenay, who appear to know nothing about any of the cheerleaders? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Acromantula said:

We start building our team today.

I'm counting on @LaurenBrook to help double up on positive reinforcement, and @SopranoKris to be on medical stand-by for when I inevitably pass out from sheer exhaustion as I maniacally attempt to correct all the errors.  I may also need a volunteer to help guard me as I offer my opinions on the swimsuit calendar pictures ("they're all beautiful!"), and Kelli decides she's had enough and decides to hurl her new director's chair at my head ?

• Love 5
On 12/15/2017 at 8:27 PM, Acromantula said:

Also, who handles social media with the DCC? Is it Podcast Courtenay, who appear to know nothing about any of the cheerleaders? 

Random, but it bothers me that she almost never has it together lol she seems sweet though. I just wish she was better prepared.

• Love 3
On 12/15/2017 at 8:27 PM, Acromantula said:

I think so, but it's hard to believe because she seemingly doesn't know the basic stuff about the girls. Seriously woman just watch the show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think so, but it's hard to believe because she seemingly doesn't know the basic stuff about the girls. Seriously woman just watch the show.

I seriously lol-ed inside when I was watching one of the latest podcasts where Shannon gives Courtenay a rough time for not watching a full DC game over the weekend. He kept telling her she should be fired over this (joking), and I couldn't help thinking, yeah, you BOTH should be! You both know absolutely nothing about the cheerleaders, are unprepared, come up with lame-ass questions, and generally seem uninterested. But of course, if I had to choose it would be Shannon to go first with his snarky dude-bro attitude and put-downs of the cheerleaders. Honestly, he's worse than Wendy Williams with her guests. 

On 12/16/2017 at 2:25 AM, raindancer said:

I'm counting on @LaurenBrook to help double up on positive reinforcement, and @SopranoKris to be on medical stand-by for when I inevitably pass out from sheer exhaustion as I maniacally attempt to correct all the errors.  I may also need a volunteer to help guard me as I offer my opinions on the swimsuit calendar pictures ("they're all beautiful!"), and Kelli decides she's had enough and decides to hurl her new director's chair at my head ?

*happy dance*

• Love 3
On 12/14/2017 at 10:22 PM, California Girl said:

Eh, go for at least $5M. The job could be done for the $500k for sure, but you need those extra millions to shelter you from death threats and loss of privacy :) 

Goodell has done a lot to increase revenue and such, but the $50M makes my head explode. Insane. 

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 5:25 AM, raindancer said:

I volunteer for the position of sitting in the cheap seats, watching the Jerrytron drinking beer while silently judging everyone. Heck...I'll do that for free! Just send beer and nachos, please. 

@raindancer , I will make sure you have a helmet signed by Troy Aikman to protect you from Kelli's chair throwing. You will also need ear plugs for those times Judy screams herself hoarse.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I volunteer for the position of sitting in the cheap seats, watching the Jerrytron drinking beer while silently judging everyone. Heck...I'll do that for free! Just send beer and nachos, please. 

@raindancer , I will make sure you have a helmet signed by Troy Aikman to protect you from Kelli's chair throwing. You will also need ear plugs for those times Judy screams herself hoarse.

LOL perfect!!!  Will do my level best to provide nachos and beer, and will furthermore promise to sneak beer in every way I'm able (I use Guiness in both chili and in my dark chocolate stout cake - I figure we will all need all the chocolate we can get, and besides, it will give us enough energy to run away from Jay when he attempts to take our snacks).

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 5:25 AM, raindancer said:

I'll get my medical bag ready :)

• Love 1