Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

I'm not a big fan of Kitty Carter but she does make "great tv"  I could be miss remembering, but back in season 2 or 3 when Natalie Woods was trying out how KC was always so down on her, then a couple years later on the show (after NW had retired) there is KC and NW hugging and talking like they were the best of friends!  Which makes me believe that maybe some of KC's antics are just for show?  I have never seen her on anything other than MTT, so I'm only seeing a small snippet of her personality.  For all I know she could be a cuddly soft hearted person outside of DCC and her studio. 

According to what I've heard and read, Kitty is tough as nails when you're in front of her in her class, but she'll give you a hug on the way out.  She's as free with the praise as with the criticism.  That being said, I've never taken a class with her, but I would in a heartbeat given the chance.

As for Kitty buying Vivian a whole new outfit, I doubt it was a custom uniform unless there was PLENTY of time between when they film the girls going to see Kitty (which is usually sometime after semis) and the day of finals, especially as custom uniforms are SPENDY and time-consuming.  Even buying different pieces online can take some time and money.  I think Kitty already had the top from another costume and got the rest on a trip around town.  Maybe she even borrowed bits and pieces from other studios because there's usually at least one costume that's paid for, but never claimed due to circumstances.  Maybe it's something like that.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2

Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm not the best at getting screen grabs.

Vivian.PNG.096819549860d7508a79dec9c4bdaaf8.PNGVivian1.PNG.ec15f71c130d4ce2ff354a6176eff26e.PNG

It looks like Vivian's costume could easily be put together if you know where to find the stuff.  Dallas likely has plenty of places to go to find dance costumes (I know Capezio has a brick-and-mortar store there and likely other companies as well) so a costume like Vivian's wouldn't be hard to put together in one to two days, especially if she already had the shoes.

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm not the best at getting screen grabs.

Vivian.PNG.096819549860d7508a79dec9c4bdaaf8.PNGVivian1.PNG.ec15f71c130d4ce2ff354a6176eff26e.PNG

It looks like Vivian's costume could easily be put together if you know where to find the stuff.  Dallas likely has plenty of places to go to find dance costumes (I know Capezio has a brick-and-mortar store there and likely other companies as well) so a costume like Vivian's wouldn't be hard to put together in one to two days, especially if she already had the shoes.

Wasn't this one of her AAIA outfits? I remember seeing it on her (or something similar) while she was performing with the AAIA.

6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Wasn't this one of her AAIA outfits? I remember seeing it on her (or something similar) while she was performing with the AAIA.

Yeah I know I've seen Vivian wear it more than once.  Yeah there are a lot of places to buy dance gear in the Dallas area.

1 hour ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

Yeah I know I've seen Vivian wear it more than once.  Yeah there are a lot of places to buy dance gear in the Dallas area.

From October 2013.

1452233_603198889741253_1760117015_n.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Sheesh.  That means that, if Kitty really DID go out and buy something, it likely would have been the shorts,  The article I remember said that it was a completely new outfit (which obviously wasn't true).  Besides the new costume and the new choreo, was there new music? 

On 3/28/2014 at 8:53 AM, JanetLand said:

This is a good time to repeat a statement I made a while back: I would pay good money, cold hard cash, for a 24/7 cable tv channel called "Kitty Carter Yells At People."

Yea, Kitty and her Dance Studio platform would make a fantastic reality show - tracking how many of her students make it into TC, The Team, Duration on the Team, etc. 

Brainstorm the Title here - Hell in Boots, Dancing in Hell,...add below ;).

7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

From October 2013.

What is that? She can't be serious? If so, she should be blacklisted for lack of Taste - AGAIN!

• Love 1
On 4/7/2014 at 6:53 AM, Italian Ice said:

I know that in previous years, the DCC prep classes were taught by the Group Leaders. I'm glad they're switching things up now. I think that DCC in general could benefit from bringing in more outside choreographers. Kitty needs her own spinoff show, IMO. She's the best part of this series

Agree, a Dance studio drama spin off. Kitty's Hell in Boots; Brainstorm Names Below. 

• Love 2

The show needs to be longer - at least an hour -  and stop horsing around selecting people they know they will never keep because of their looks and skills - attractive enough face, minimum skill set (no kicks, no TCC entry ever), and then of course weight. If they truly selected 40ish high bar candidates, then competed for 10 cuts, that would be good drama. Instead, unfortunately there are usually too many to choose from each time. Even when we grow to like them or want an underdog to win, there are at least 10 every time that are noticeably behind the others in either skill, weight, or facial attractiveness. I think they need to raise the bar on who they let in right from the start and stop dragging the audience along for weeks, hoping and praying that someone like Taylor after 4 years will be able to get her kicks up to snuff on time...C'mon? They should have never let her back in after the first time if her kicks weren't there in the early rounds. Don't get me wrong, I loved Taylor and many others that lacked the flex...but if this team demands they must have it, then demand it before they ever get let in to TCC. 

Get rid of all Jay Exercises or breakout sessions. I don't want to see that. Now if he opened a training studio like kitties dance studio, and some of the girls with challenges take sessions, that would be ok. Then we have a variety of off-campus pros the girls can go to for support. 

Skip the sad family saga's and dramas...lets assume an audience as diverse as that - as all of us - has plenty of sadness and challenges to overcome. 

Replace it with what some of the other commentators have mentioned - how did they get to DCC (develop the interest, skill, find the support/$$ to come to Dallas and stay through TCC). More here and now human interest stories about the girls. How will they support themselves and each other while there; what are their longer term plans, success story features from Vets who have used DCC as a platform for greatness, etc. 

I would love to see more Miss Kitty Break out workshops...longer sets at the studio; Turnaround stories of the hardest workers - and how did they pay for the classes? A day in the life of these candidates and then reality of the team would be fantastic. So once they make it, then what. how is that year managed.

I think about my days as a cheerleader in HS and that was really tough. We started training in early July with daily practice for 2 hours a day, five days a week. We went to a regional cheerleading camp at UC Davis for one week per summer where we had to learn 20 routines fast, and compete with many other HS's for regional ratings. Then there were pre-game scrimmages in Aug we had to be ready for in CA with 110 degree heat. Getting ready for the game in uniform was a big deal - not just having everything laid out and clean but emblems had to be re stiched every time; gear ready to go in case it rained; Then the theater of Hair and Make-up. Then when school started, we had daily field practice starting at 5:30AM, we then had athletic PE weight training for 1 hour during the school day; more practice immediately after school. We were all as thin as a rail because we were working out constantly and barely had time to eat. After practice, got home about 7-8PM, studied until midnight or until I fell asleep, and then got up and did it all over again through the Football season. Off season, there were workshops, appearances, added support to local events, etc. One expectation we had that DCC does not have and should have...we had to learn the football playbook so that we knew what was happening on the field real time and could adapt what we were doing to Game Play. We had to know right down to the hand signals the coach had by play and we would let the hand signals be the Q for what to do next - offense, defense, etc. We were beauties in our day but serious athletes and very very smart - all college bound. 

It was damn hard work all around. Sooo, it would be great to see a real day in the life of these ladies in the pro leagues. 

Edited by larellG
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

From October 2013.

Wow good pic find!   it's obvious she just recycled this outfit.  I think that article was blowing some smoke.  Honestly, I had a hard time believing all that about her buying the outfit for Viv in the first place.  This just proves it was BS.  But that's what stories do sometimes, embellish to make it more interesting.   No offense to Kitty. ...  But the whole Tin Man thing was staged.  Just my opinion. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Wow good pic find!   it's obvious she just recycled this outfit.  I think that article was blowing some smoke.  Honestly, I had a hard time believing all that about her buying the outfit for Viv in the first place.  This just proves it was BS.  But that's what stories do sometimes, embellish to make it more interesting.   No offense to Kitty. ...  But the whole Tin Man thing was staged.  Just my opinion. 

I knew I wasn't trippin..I just didn't feel like doing the research lol

As far as the tin man being staged, I seriously think Vivian thought it was going to be a hit.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I knew I wasn't trippin..I just didn't feel like doing the research lol

As far as the tin man being staged, I seriously think Vivian thought it was going to be a hit.

?yes! ahh cray Viv.  Those were the days.  Lol. 

Edited by Rita J
Reminiscing!
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Link to part 1 of season 1 episode 1!

Oh poor Miranda Burns/Parker.  She was just off in any given area of her dance but I was always rooting for her and really liked her personality.  I always wanted to see if they could make something out of her in camp.  But she never made it past finals in all those years of trying.  

• Love 2

I always  believed that  Vivian thought her Tin Man dance was interpretive, and she would be praised for  her uniqueness for giving that sort of  lyrical depth to his character.  (Hope this came out OK )  :D 

• Love 7

I suspect that, if Kitty did anything for Vivian that year, it was to help her redo the choreography.  I doubt they had time to redo anything BUT that including music.  Too bad she couldn't have gone in there slimmer the first time around.  We might have been spared Training Camp Train Wreck Vivian the next year if she had.

Edited by EricaShadows

I absolutely love the show but one thing drives me nuts... "alumni". Someone in the organization must know that, for an all-female team, alumnae is the correct spelling?

I've always wondered why they do this, It's even on the shirts the ex-DCC wear to some games. Plenty of DCC are sorority women, surely they know?

Alumni is plural for all males or a co-ed group.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

I absolutely love the show but one thing drives me nuts... "alumni". Someone in the organization must know that, for an all-female team, alumnae is the correct spelling?

I've always wondered why they do this, It's even on the shirts the ex-DCC wear to some games. Plenty of DCC are sorority women, surely they know?

Alumni is plural for all males or a co-ed group.

Alumni can be used for both men and women.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Spooky said:

Yes KC, yes! Hope Holly sees this; but more than that, I hope Kitty has had a come to Jesus talk with her (complete with chair throwing) and told her to get her ish together. 

kc.PNG

Great advice all around, but especially suitable for recent events...

• Love 4

I wish CMT would stop editing the dance scenes in such a choppy way OR that they would put clips online of the full dances from the episodes. It's so hard to get a good indication of who is strong when they're splicing together multiple dances. 

Of course, I'm probably not the main target, as I would be perfectly content with an episode full of dance without all of the extra stuff. 

• Love 2

There really hasn't been a male member since the first few years of the DCC.  A guy was rumored to have tried out in the early seasons of the show, but was never really talked about or shown.  It was said that he never made it past pre-lims.

• Love 2

Is it just mean, but is Judy getting more and more candid.  She just comes out and says some mean things about the candidates.  And then there the gratuitous appearances of Cassie, who has clearly let herself go.  She talks about how she just put the 'slam' on people.  Well, she got away with it, anyway.  Like mother, like daughter?

1 hour ago, DDTow said:

Is it just mean, but is Judy getting more and more candid.  She just comes out and says some mean things about the candidates.  And then there the gratuitous appearances of Cassie, who has clearly let herself go.  She talks about how she just put the 'slam' on people.  Well, she got away with it, anyway.  Like mother, like daughter?

I don't think it's "mean" what she says. For the most part I think it's necessary for growth. As far as Cassie "letting herself go," that's a bit of a stretch. She's just older now..with two kids. I'm sure if she could keep her rail thin early 20s body, she would. But things change.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Yup..who knew...maybe she's minoring in journalism for all we know :)

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if she's planning some sort of PR career with the Cowboys

It's interesting that people have such strong opinions on Cassie using her "nepotism" to get a picture of her daughter with the cheerleaders but no one says anything about Sam having opportunities like this ... at the end of the day, they're both lucky that their parents have prominent places in a strong brand.  It's certainly a foot in the door when it comes to job / cheerleading / whatever. 

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

It's interesting that people have such strong opinions on Cassie using her "nepotism" to get a picture of her daughter with the cheerleaders but no one says anything about Sam having opportunities like this ... at the end of the day, they're both lucky that their parents have prominent places in a strong brand.  It's certainly a foot in the door when it comes to job / cheerleading / whatever. 

I guarantee if most of us had those opportunities, we would be taking advantage of it, ha!  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I guarantee if most of us had those opportunities, we would be taking advantage of it, ha!  

I'm one of those who wouldn't.  I've seen too many people who've "taken advantage" of opportunities to advance themselves or get something they wanted and it's usually been to the detriment of someone else.  In very rare cases, it's okay, but, unfortunately it's mostly used when someone knows they can't get what they want any other way then to "cheat".  I know of at least two people who got their current jobs by taking advantage of situations where they weren't the most qualified people for the position (or even had the right skill set), but they knew the right people and said the right words, then PRESTO!  The job is miraculously theirs.

• Love 1

Can someone help a sorta newbie out? What has happened I am seeing posts I made in this thread and I have never heard of this thread before. I also watched the videos of the 2005 special.  @NicoleS9954Thank you sooooooooooo much for doing that. I knew they were being posted back in August but I had no idea where they were. And here they are. What is thread merging?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Can someone help a sorta newbie out? What has happened I am seeing posts I made in this thread and I have never heard of this thread before. I also watched the videos of the 2005 special.  @NicoleS9954Thank you sooooooooooo much for doing that. I knew they were being posted back in August but I had no idea where they were. And here they are. What is thread merging?

Some threads with common topics are sometimes merged. Happened earlier today.