Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Tomorrow

Cthulhudrew, I know what you mean. When Ramses's gf was introduced I felt like (and still do to some extent) that was padding to prolong the story. I'm still not that interested in that part of the story, but it has brought up some interesting questions. As does/did
needing to replace the core & where Jones went to find another one. Still not sure what Foster's compound was called, but that whole section felt like filler. Again, although it did bring up some interesting questions.

About the watch scratch - maybe the unscratching we saw is reflecting something that gets changed in 2015, like maybe Cole doesn't do that demonstration and/or doesn't kill Goines.  Maybe something either he or Cassie did catches up with them when she died in the scene we saw & negates the scratch in the past.

Cthulhudrew, I know what you mean. When Ramses's gf was introduced I felt like (and still do to some extent) that was padding to prolong the story. I'm still not that interested in that part of the story, but it has brought up some interesting questions. As does/did

needing to replace the core & where Jones went to find another one. Still not sure what Foster's compound was called, but that whole section felt like filler. Again, although it did bring up some interesting questions.

About the watch scratch - maybe the unscratching we saw is reflecting something that gets changed in 2015, like maybe Cole doesn't do that demonstration and/or doesn't kill Goines. Maybe something either he or Cassie did catches up with them when she died in the scene we saw & negates the scratch in the past.

Well, she did say a lot happened in two years. I assume it will take that long, in our timeline, to tell the whole story.

I think that the unscratching of the watch is due to Cole going back to 1987 (or whatever it was) that Goines mentioned.  If he goes further back, that may change things. OBVIOUSLY Cassie's timeline must change as evidenced by the clue that she would see him again.  

I think that the unscratching of the watch is due to Cole going back to 1987 (or whatever it was) that Goines mentioned. If he goes further back, that may change things. OBVIOUSLY Cassie's timeline must change as evidenced by the clue that she would see him again.

But I took that to mean they would see each other in her past, 2015. They have those two years to live yet.

Cassie knew he had to come back in time and scratch the unscratched watch.   It wasn't that deep a scratch so she had it buffed out in the intervening 2 years so it could be unscratched.

Occam's razor.

Cassie knew he had to come back in time and scratch the unscratched watch.   It wasn't that deep a scratch so she had it buffed out in the intervening 2 years so it could be unscratched.

Occam's razor.

But it was scratched when she died.  

Edited by bluebonnet

Perhaps Cassie has a plan to prevent herself from dying in 2017 and the paper she gave Cole was a part of it. Perhaps its something she knows Cole can't have knowledge of and she'll be pulling the strings from the grave so to speak to get him to "resurrect" her (well, prevent her from dying/getting sick) even if the plague is still released.

Perhaps if it succeeds she will even go back to the CDC and place a corpse with a watch in that room so Cole will still come back in time.

Although, that's might not be necessary anyway, as if the rules of time travel followed that logic, any actual wiping out of the virus by Cole's actions would prevent him from going back in time in the first place. The watch repairing itself, by whatever means it was, show that time can be altered in this universe. Presumably the pictures Jones showed Foster show the same thing.

As I do with all my time travel shows, I think less, and drink more. Otherwise, I go mad. So, at this point, I ignore the watch and just go with what they will offer as an explanation. This show has certainly earned my trust that I will be able to accept it.

I loved the back-and-forth between Jones' nihilism about everything (that somehow translates also into the hope of saving everyone) and Foster's hope for a future that saves what's left (that somehow looks like pragmatism but also comes across as futile and crazy). While Jones pretty much justifies her actions with the idea that eventually, she won't have to live with the consequences since they won't have happened in her alternative life. She might be primarily driven by her daughter's death, but that doesn't necessarily mean that that is her only motivation. Saving the world in the process doesn't hurt.

And now we have that conflict between Ramse and Cole. I don't like them being at odds. I get Ramse, besides having his girlfriend back, he now has an extra incentive to believe her since he has a son now. And as I remember, he never really liked Jones all that much. I actually had more problems with Cole being so torn up about Cassie but then I don't really see the chemistry between them. It's fine but not on a screw-the-future-I-want-to-correct-the-past-to-save-my-girlfriend kind of level.

This show is pretty cool.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 1
I actually had more problems with Cole being so torn up about Cassie but then I don't really see the chemistry between them. It's fine but not on a screw-the-future-I-want-to-correct-the-past-to-save-my-girlfriend kind of level.

You know, I think I actually do. Which is weird - 9 times out of 10, I don't buy the central romance of the show, but here, I do. Maybe because the show doesn't hit over the head with it. I mean, you could even say that there isn't a romance, just a very strong platonic connection, and it would still make sense. I just can't help but compare it to another show that deals with time travel, The Flash, and holy shit, they basically have to tell the audience the leads like each other in that way all. the. time - thus it comes off as very forced and inorganic (not to mention make them much less likable, as they're both with other people). With Cassie and Cole, there's just something special, and especially after two episodes where both of them had to live through the other dying, I can't help but buy their bond. Especially from Cole's side - the guy's basically written himself off already, Cassie's the only tether to life he has. 

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3

Did anyone notice that Cassie is really old when she dies?  There is that massive grey streak in her hair.  So when she says that a lot has happened, we may not be looking at the Cassie two years from 2015, but a Cassie who has experienced decades.