Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E31: Walnuts and Rain

Finn and Jake stumble into two different holes and meet two different fates.

I would've set up the thread beforehand, but my cable said Regular Show was running at 7:30. Lucky that I had to make sure of it.

This week: weirdness occurs. Finn and Jake fall down different holes. Finn lands in the Large Kingdom (I think) and becomes the prisoner of a plus-side dude. Jake meets a travelling salesbear who fell down the hole for a long time, slowly descending by makeshift hot air balloon. Jake and 7718 (you have to look at it carved and upside down) bond, while Finn uses his wits to break an intricate clock and escape the giant. I'd elaborate, but I didn't record the episode because I thought Regular Show was running in that slot.

Yeah, I almost missed this ep for the same reason! I think Finn was in the "Huge Kingdom" but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, although I thought 7718 looked familiar and wondered if he was related to the teddy bears that lived and partied in that hill giant's(?) stomach. It was kinda funny that he thought he had been falling for several months when in fact he had reached an equilibrium in the huge stove's exhaust shaft.

This was really weird. But also a lot of fun.

Finn's plan to escape was the best, especially  how it fell apart almost immediately. It reminded me of the plans me and my friends used to make when we played Dungeons and Dragons. The first 2-3 steps would go off without a hitch and then the poop would hit the fan and panic set in.

I loved how the stories intersected. And I like when there's just random stuff that's never explained, like "krimber".

I did think it was kind of bad for Jake to eat 7's walnuts when he appearsed to be starving, but maybe the deal was that he had reached equilibrium with his walnut intake, just like with the hot air.