Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Recommended Posts


Well since they are always praying or asking Jesus what to do, they will probably continue to spout that and change nothing.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Well since they are always praying or asking Jesus what to do, they will probably continue to spout that and change nothing.

And they're never going to admit that praying for Josh has NEVER worked because in addition to praying people also have to actively work to improve the situation. And we all know how much the Duggars like to work.

  • Like 20
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Michelle, for all her fault, is likely gutted by these revelations. I know Josh is the golden boy and blah blah blah but she does seem close with her daughters too -- much more than JB. . Even Jill in 2019 wrote a very drippy  praise message to Michelle.  I think she - much more than JB- actually understands the struggles. There is probably so much guilt involved though she wouldn't publicly admit that.  I fully expect her to be completely overwhelmed by these charges. Sure, she'll blame Satan and she'll lean on Jesus,  but she's still a mother who aches.

Absolutely agree.  Unless she's so deep in denial that she will never admit Josh could be capable of doing this I can only imagine how she must be feeling.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think their religion requires installation of that river of denial early on when joining. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt. Also a river in Arkansas that flows right through the TTH. 

  • Like 19
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Not knowing what his defense is, for all we know they think he's completely innocent and was framed.  We'll see...  They say the "accusations are very serious" which makes me think they are leaning on the side of him being framed.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt. Also a river in Arkansas that flows right through the TTH. 

The Arkansas one is more toxic than a nuclear superfund site.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt. Also a river in Arkansas that flows right through the TTH. 

Do you think that, at least with Michelle, even if there is that reflexive denial that deep down where you really can't lie to yourself that she knows he's guilty and that he's never going to change?  If so despite despising her I can't help feeling sorry for her.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Do you think that, at least with Michelle, even if there is that reflexive denial that deep down where you really can't lie to yourself that she knows he's guilty and that he's never going to change?  If so despite despising her I can't help feeling sorry for her.

I honestly have a very hard time getting a read on Michelle. I think I have an easier time guessing at Jim Bob's thoughts, such as they are, than hers. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I don't care how Michelle feels deep down inside of her about anything. She's done everything she could from the first moment she found out about Josh sexually abusing his sisters to minimize the effects on him instead of making sure everyone got the help they needed. If her thoughts aren't backed up by actions she can just take the same paved road to hell that all the good intentioned people have to take.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I absolutely believe that Michelle doesn't give a hoot about her daughters, or any other girls or women.   She will never stop defending her predator son.   It makes me wonder how much else that's gone on, and was never announced.  

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

From stories I've read, it seems like a lot of parents don't handle sexual abuse well, especially when both victim and offender are their children. Boob and Michelle aren't unique in that aspect. My main criticism is they've continued to treat Josh with kid gloves since then. Jesus Jail instead of real rehab, financially supporting his family, bailing him out of the Ashley Madison scandal, hiring an extremely high-priced attorney for the CP case, asking people who are casual acquaintances at best to act as Josh's foster parents, etc. 

I don't know if it's guilt, denial, self-preservation or what, but their devotion to Josh at the expense of everyone else is insane 

  • Like 24
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I really do try to put myself in her shoes. As a mother, I would have been horrified to find out my 14 year old son was touching his sisters. I absolutely would have sought out all the counseling and help in the world - for all of the children.  But, I would not have cast Josh off. He's my son. I would have tried to help him and to be very vulneralby honest I am not sure if police would have been my very first thought either. Maybe... I just don't know.

In in the context of HER world, with JB and Gothard literally controlling absolutely everything about that world, I think Michelle thought at the time that she was helping. He shaved his head, manual labor, forced to be mute, locks on doors, christian counseling for all of them... In her world, that meant she was helping.

Then she sees her adult son viewing pornagraphy and cheating (I would not understand but lets be honest with the world we live in)... As a mother, I'd feel awful and I'd question where I went wrong. What should we have done?  But he's an adult and technically not breaking the law. 

Now? Gutted. Absolutely gutted to see what he's been doing all along. To know how just depraved and ill his mind must be. To understand now the gravity of these last 20 years in this new context must be incredibly difficult for not just Michelle but his sisters too. I don't think they knew.

All the kids including Josh needed real help and therapy. The therapist would have had to report the abuse to CPS, so it wouldn’t have been Michelle‘a decision. That’s absolutely what should have happened.

22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I really do try to put myself in her shoes. As a mother, I would have been horrified to find out my 14 year old son was touching his sisters. I absolutely would have sought out all the counseling and help in the world - for all of the children.  But, I would not have cast Josh off. He's my son. I would have tried to help him and to be very vulneralby honest I am not sure if police would have been my very first thought either. Maybe... I just don't know.

In in the context of HER world, with JB and Gothard literally controlling absolutely everything about that world, I think Michelle thought at the time that she was helping. He shaved his head, manual labor, forced to be mute, locks on doors, christian counseling for all of them... In her world, that meant she was helping.

Then she sees her adult son viewing pornagraphy and cheating (I would not understand but lets be honest with the world we live in)... As a mother, I'd feel awful and I'd question where I went wrong. What should we have done?  But he's an adult and technically not breaking the law. 

Now? Gutted. Absolutely gutted to see what he's been doing all along. To know how just depraved and ill his mind must be. To understand now the gravity of these last 20 years in this new context must be incredibly difficult for not just Michelle but his sisters too. I don't think they knew.

What “Christian counseling” did any of the kids get??!

22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I really do try to put myself in her shoes. As a mother, I would have been horrified to find out my 14 year old son was touching his sisters. I absolutely would have sought out all the counseling and help in the world - for all of the children.  But, I would not have cast Josh off. He's my son. I would have tried to help him and to be very vulneralby honest I am not sure if police would have been my very first thought either. Maybe... I just don't know.

In in the context of HER world, with JB and Gothard literally controlling absolutely everything about that world, I think Michelle thought at the time that she was helping. He shaved his head, manual labor, forced to be mute, locks on doors, christian counseling for all of them... In her world, that meant she was helping.

Then she sees her adult son viewing pornagraphy and cheating (I would not understand but lets be honest with the world we live in)... As a mother, I'd feel awful and I'd question where I went wrong. What should we have done?  But he's an adult and technically not breaking the law. 

Now? Gutted. Absolutely gutted to see what he's been doing all along. To know how just depraved and ill his mind must be. To understand now the gravity of these last 20 years in this new context must be incredibly difficult for not just Michelle but his sisters too. I don't think they knew.

There is nothing wrong with pornography between consenting adults. It’s legal and I think most people have looked at/watched it at some point. The cheating was unfortunate, but also not illegal and should have been between Josh and Anna only to work out. Michelle wasn’t responsible for either of those. Nor should she have felt responsible for them, imo.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

There is nothing wrong with pornography between consenting adults. It’s legal and I think most people have looked at/watched it at some point. 

I agree however Anna wasn't in agreement nor would she have approved of the cheating.

 

4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

What “Christian counseling” did any of the kids get??!

24 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The girls said they received counseling. I wasn't there obviously and thankfully 🤣

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree however Anna wasn't in agreement nor would she have approved of the cheating.

 

The girls said they received counseling. I wasn't there obviously and thankfully 🤣

Any licensed therapist would have been obligated to report child abuse to CPS. I don’t believe they got any real counseling. They all needed it, including Josh. Or especially Josh!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Any licensed therapist would have been obligated to report child abuse to CPS. I don’t believe they got any real counseling. They all needed it, including Josh. Or especially Josh!

LOL I agree. I doubt they were licensed. Counseling in the terms of "christian counseling" can refer to a person being counseled by church leaders/elders - it doesn't have to mean professional counseling. I can go right now and get counseled by a priest.  For Michelle, she likely doesn't see a difference.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

19 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

 I’m guessing she doesn’t have to shove a Kleenex into her dry eyes to make it look like she’s crying.

Have we ever seen that wizened raisin cry? Maybe when they left Joshley in DC? 

 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Have we ever seen that wizened raisin cry? Maybe when they left Joshley in DC? 

 

Maybe we’ll see her cry when her favorite yet reprobate son’s ass is hauled to prison, where he belongs for decades. I do know he won’t spent the time he deserves to be incarcerated.

Edited by SMama · Reason: Typo
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I really do try to put myself in her shoes. As a mother, I would have been horrified to find out my 14 year old son was touching his sisters. I absolutely would have sought out all the counseling and help in the world - for all of the children.  But, I would not have cast Josh off. He's my son. I would have tried to help him and to be very vulneralby honest I am not sure if police would have been my very first thought either. Maybe... I just don't know.

In in the context of HER world, with JB and Gothard literally controlling absolutely everything about that world, I think Michelle thought at the time that she was helping. He shaved his head, manual labor, forced to be mute, locks on doors, christian counseling for all of them... In her world, that meant she was helping.

Then she sees her adult son viewing pornagraphy and cheating (I would not understand but lets be honest with the world we live in)... As a mother, I'd feel awful and I'd question where I went wrong. What should we have done?  But he's an adult and technically not breaking the law. 

Now? Gutted. Absolutely gutted to see what he's been doing all along. To know how just depraved and ill his mind must be. To understand now the gravity of these last 20 years in this new context must be incredibly difficult for not just Michelle but his sisters too. I don't think they knew.

I keep imagining Michelle taking to her bed and (if she knows that child sexual abuse is involved) being doped up to the gills on Valium/Xanax/etc. to keep from completely losing her mind.  Or maybe I’m just imagining that, because that’s what I would do if he were my son.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I keep imagining Michelle taking to her bed and (if she knows that child sexual abuse is involved) being doped up to the gills on Valium/Xanax/etc. to keep from completely losing her mind.  Or maybe I’m just imagining that, because that’s what I would do if he were my son.

Same.  I mean I know she is nuts - like deeply nuts - but she's not completely evil.  I wouldn't wish what is happening to this family on anyone.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Zella said:

until either of them actively renounce the fact they have been apologists for him and until they have been as vocal in that as they have been in defending him and making excuses for him, I'm not inclined to think they truly accept he is at fault

My guess is that they will never do this, not because they are apologists for him, but because they truly believe Satan exists and Satan was behind Josh's actions.

I don't know how many mainstream Christians actively believe in Satan and that Satan is behind the sins people commit. I know I sure didn't when I was involved in my (Anglican) church growing up and as a young adult. God was good, and people did awful things because they were awful people. Free will, y'all.

But fundamentalist Christians truly believe in the Devil, and that he actively acts in people's lives.

So I don't think we'll see JB, Michelle or even Anna condemning Josh. His actions possibly, but I think they will honestly believe that Satan has taken hold of Josh.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

My guess is that they will never do this, not because they are apologists for him, but because they truly believe Satan exists and Satan was behind Josh's actions.

I don't know how many mainstream Christians actively believe in Satan and that Satan is behind the sins people commit. I know I sure didn't when I was involved in my (Anglican) church growing up and as a young adult. God was good, and people did awful things because they were awful people. Free will, y'all.

But fundamentalist Christians truly believe in the Devil, and that he actively acts in people's lives.

So I don't think we'll see JB, Michelle or even Anna condemning Josh. His actions possibly, but I think they will honestly believe that Satan has taken hold of Josh.

I'm sure that is true for them, but I also know a fair number of people who believe Satan is real who would still not defend and protect Josh. I think he is the golden boy of the family, their prince that was promised, and that is what it all really boils down to. The other kids are expendable compared to him, despite him repeatedly proving he is not worthy of that. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Jim Bob and Michelle need to banish Josh from the family. He poses a grave danger to them all.

He has a deep seated sexual problem that he obviously can't control. I don't know if he's a pedophile, a sex addict, a porn addict, or all of the above.

The path that Josh is on is very dark and dangerous. The family has already suffered public humiliation, molestation, and financial loss due to Josh's problems.

Jim Bob and Michelle need to cut him loose in order to protect themselves and the rest of the family, especially Anna and her children.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Libby said:

Jim Bob and Michelle need to banish Josh from the family. He poses a grave danger to them all.

He has a deep seated sexual problem that he obviously can't control. I don't know if he's a pedophile, a sex addict, a porn addict, or all of the above.

The path that Josh is on is very dark and dangerous. The family has already suffered public humiliation, molestation, and financial loss due to Josh's problems.

Jim Bob and Michelle need to cut him loose in order to protect themselves and the rest of the family, especially Anna and her children.

That will never, ever happen, although I agree with you.  There’s no way to fix what’s wrong with Smuggar.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

They have been breeding this army of Christians for years, their entire family, their church, their friends etc have supposedly prayed for Josh since he was 14 to protect the chosen one from Satan's attacks.

So what are they thinking about all those years of prayers. Surely their god heard them because they are the right Christians. Are their prayers too weak, are they asking for the wrong thing or did God just shrug and let it go with I gave y'all free will, actions have consequences...

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

They have been breeding this army of Christians for years, their entire family, their church, their friends etc have supposedly prayed for Josh since he was 14 to protect the chosen one from Satan's attacks.

So what are they thinking about all those years of prayers. Surely their god heard them because they are the right Christians. Are their prayers too weak, are they asking for the wrong thing or did God just shrug and let it go with I gave y'all free will, actions have consequences...

It's Satan, of course. Always Satan. Let in because of too much interaction with the godless, or some similarly asinine reason. There's absolutely nothing that can happen that will make them rethink their beliefs. There's always an excuse they can use to justify doing the same thing over and over again.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Both parents set this up and I am hard pressed to feel any kind of positive emotion here. They are heartless nasty people, full of themselves, full of hatred and bile. They deserve Karma, big time.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Not one public Happy Mother's Day for Michelle.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not one public Happy Mother's Day for Michelle.

I hope Jill drops enough shade to fix global warming.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a gushing video tribute from Jessa. She knows where her bread is buttered. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a gushing video tribute from Jessa. She knows where her bread is buttered. 

Duggar Time delay?

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jinger posted a mothers day message to Michelle and to Jeremy's mom.

 

 

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I hope Jill drops enough shade to fix global warming.

9 hours ago, Chicklet said:

If Josh were gay they would disown him faster than the speed of sound all while loving the sinner and hating the sin of course. From a very big distance.

I'd like to take this moment to remind people that newly sainted Jill and Derick stated that homosexuality was a sin a few months ago. Just saying... 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

JereME's post.  🥴

“I asked Mom if I was a gifted child. She said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.” (Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes)

Sorry, Mom. I know was a handful. But thanks for hanging in there! 😏 Cheers to all the amazing mothers in this world. I’m blessed to have these remarkable women in my life—Happy Mother’s Day!"
 

 

F6907811-A1E3-419E-8E16-1197BD2AA238.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Claire has posted a tribute to her "new MIL" in her stories. Mechelle replied.

eta Jeremiah just posted.

So did Jed. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Claire has posted a tribute to her "new MIL" in her stories. Mechelle replied.

eta Jeremiah just posted.

So did Jed. 

It seems they all waited to the 11th hour to post. Maybe figuring they could delete comments faster.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jana posted, as well as JD (or Abbie). They used their stories, and posted the same picture. Poof! in 24 hours. 

No gushy post by Jim Bob this year.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, lascuba said:

It's Satan, of course. Always Satan. Let in because of too much interaction with the godless, or some similarly asinine reason. There's absolutely nothing that can happen that will make them rethink their beliefs. There's always an excuse they can use to justify doing the same thing over and over again.

Or, Satan keeps attacking them because they are TOO righteous. Would be a waste of Satan’s time to attack someone who was not so fervent for the Lort.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Jinger posted a mothers day message to Michelle and to Jeremy's mom.

 

 

I'd like to take this moment to remind people that newly sainted Jill and Derick stated that homosexuality was a sin a few months ago. Just saying... 

Oh but they said they would be nice to LGBTQ+ people if they were invited into their homes.  SUCH an improvement over the rest of the Duggars!

Share this post


Link to post

One day do you think that they will have a come to Jesus meeting and wake up that they did everything wrong parenting wise or are their heads so far up their asses that they can never pull them out?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Even if I could get over the hurdle of accepting Michelle's willingness to continue birthing ever more children for the Lord that she handed off to her daughters to raise, I cannot accept the idea she stood behind the idea her daughters should accept culpability, including publicly, for what Josh did to them.   Nope, that's definitely a bridge too far.    

Any credit, any limelight she gets for the sheer number of children she birthed is dimmed and diminished many times over by her failure to do the actual work of mothering them.   Failing grade.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I cannot accept the idea she stood behind the idea her daughters should accept culpability, including publicly, for what Josh did to them.   Nope, that's definitely a bridge too far.    

I know that's Gothardism but when did she say they were culpable publicly? Do we know for sure that she accepted that idea?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tuxcat said:

I know that's Gothardism but when did she say they were culpable publicly? Do we know for sure that she accepted that idea?

It's my understanding the girls had to publicly accept culpability when this was all taken in front of their church along with Josh.   If that is accurate Michelle didn't step in and shut that down.   IMO JB & M should have been the ones up there after the second incident, telling their church how they mishandled things after it happened the first time.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

It's my understanding the girls had to publicly accept culpability when this was all taken in front of their church along with Josh.   If that is accurate Michelle didn't step in and shut that down.   IMO JB & M should have been the ones up there after the second incident, telling their church how they mishandled things after it happened the first time.

Oh gotcha. I didn't realize they had to say they were at fault when they were at church.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size