Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

I used to like looking through the American Girl catalogue when I was a kid, so I got curious about how much things have changed and checked out the website. The girl of the year dolls lined up in the display cases come with backstories. Should I point out the irony of Josie standing next to a doll who overcomes the challenge of needing a tutor to help with her reading so she can keep up with her class at school? (Also, the character is a gymnast. Nike!)

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

I used to like looking through the American Girl catalogue when I was a kid, so I got curious about how much things have changed and checked out the website. The girl of the year dolls lined up in the display cases come with backstories. Should I point out the irony of Josie standing next to a doll who overcomes the challenge of needing a tutor to help with her reading so she can keep up with her class at school? (Also, the character is a gymnast. Nike!)

Maybe it's not irony, but deliberate placement. You know, bonding?

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Josie spent a lot of time this summer with the M kids, who play outside like normal children. It has really improved her looks.

Poor Jennifer is wearing a dress made from leftover curtain fabric. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

On 10/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, BitterApple said:

I don't know if Josie is filling out or what, but she's been looking much cuter lately. More like a normal girl and not quite so pale and wispy.

3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Josie spent a lot of time this summer with the M kids, who play outside like normal children. It has really improved her looks.

I agree it's a combination of good old pioneer-preached "fresh air and exercise". 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Nysha said:

She does look much better. As much as I dislike Anna, her kids look healthy. 

• Like 9

Is Momma Bear in something resembling PANTS? I suppose it could be a skirt with the slit diving between her legs, but it's awfully close to defrauding.............image.png.c8fb33e2a5dd8332847a088e7d0ac4cf.png

image.png

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 2

It looks like all the non-pregnant visiting Duggar women wore jean skirts that day. Given that it's difficult to tell if it's a skirt or a pair of shorts, they might as well have worn shorts. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Is Momma Bear in something resembling PANTS? I suppose it could be a skirt with the slit diving between her legs, but it's awfully close to defrauding.............image.png.c8fb33e2a5dd8332847a088e7d0ac4cf.png

image.png

My question is, did she actually get a better bra? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zella said:

My question is, did she actually get a better bra? 

But, seriously, is she wearing hose with those sandals?  It sure looks like it. 

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2

3 minutes ago, judyjudyjudy said:

She might be! There's a lot to unpack in this photo. LOL

• Laugh 7

6 minutes ago, judyjudyjudy said:

I think she is. At least they aren't the black Wicked Witch of the East stockings and clogs she used to wear all the time even at the beach. I don't like her, and hate to pass up a good chance to snark. But, all those pregnancies must have taken a toll on her body, and I wouldn't be surprised if she wears support hose on doctor's advice, if not doctor's orders. I'm no doc but I have read that some women can develop leg vein issues after pregnancy - and heaven knows what all those pregnancies did to Meech's body. 

• Like 7

My mom wears RX support hose everyday.  She wears closed-toe shoes with them. Sandals like the ones Michelle is wearing have the tendency to slide right off with the hose 

• Like 8

Oh my goodness!  She’s wearing culottes!!!  Never thought I’d see the day. 

• Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Nope.....still sagging.

True--it just looked less saggy than usual. LOL And I am so ashamed of myself for knowing this much about or manifesting this much interest in Michelle's bosom! 😫😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

1 minute ago, Zella said:

And I am so ashamed of myself for knowing this much about or manifesting this much interest in Michelle's bosom! 😫😂

I'm hanging my head in shame.

• Laugh 4

As long as your boobs aren't hanging, you're good. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There's no communal bra closet here at the house, so I'm good.

ETA: I've never been to Goodwill

• Laugh 4

She needs to buy new bras or learn how to wear the ones she has by moving a notch on the band and shortening the straps.  The bra may be the right size and not worn out, but if she isn't fastening it correctly, you still get sag.  Sadly I noticed Queen Elizabeth has drooped to elbow level also and her team has done nothing about it.

• Like 9

The best bra in the world doesn't work if it isn't adjusted properly - not that Michelle is going to buy the best one.  I don't really care about Queen Elizabeth, I was just a little surprised when I noticed it.  I doubt I'd have noticed if there wasn't so much discussion about bras in the Duggar section here.  🙂  I really didn't pay attention until it was pointed out so often.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now I have, "do your boobs hang low, can swing them to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow?" stuck in my head....

• Like 2
  • Laugh 20

34 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Now I have, "do your boobs hang low, can swing them to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow?" stuck in my head....

"Can you throw them over your shoulder like a Continental Soldier?"  Stuck in my head too!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

"Can you throw them over your shoulder like a Continental Soldier?"  Stuck in my head too!

thanks, now its stuck in mine too. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

On 10/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, Fig Newton said:

image.png

I think it's a skirt!  Culottes and capris would have the slit on the outside of the knee.  Only skirts have a slit in the middle of the bottom hem.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

36 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think it's a skirt!  Culottes and capris would have the slit on the outside of the knee.  Only skirts have a slit in the middle of the bottom hem.

Its a skirt. There is no way she would be caught in anything but. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

51 minutes ago, louannems said:

And she’s wearing support hose with sandals, which is unforgivable IMO.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I love Goodwill, but I wouldn’t buy my bras there.

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, dariafan said:

So another grandchild for her to collect and not really give a damn about 

Did I miss a recent announcement?  

• Like 3

I don’t know who wrote this, so I’m putting it here. From the Duggar Facebook page:

These photos make my heart overflow!! Precious memories that we will forever be grateful to have. Love these ladies so very much!!
Joy and sorrow seem to run on parallel tracks and often arrive at the same time. Each day of our lives delightful things occur, reasons to celebrate or smile, and often, at that exact time, there are disappointing or painful things that happen to us or those we love. 
Our goal in life is not to figure out how to live only on the “joy” side of the tracks, avoiding all sorrow, but to continually look to Christ who has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
We look forward to seeing Grandma Mary and baby Annabell again in Heaven someday! We celebrate the lives that have been lived, both long and short, and we rejoice with anticipation of the new little ones we can’t wait to hold! 💕
Photographer Credit: Lori Blythe/TLC

F3AE73C1-B3E2-42CD-B057-5CCCD6318C98.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t know who wrote this, so I’m putting it here. From the Duggar Facebook page:

These photos make my heart overflow!! Precious memories that we will forever be grateful to have. Love these ladies so very much!!
Joy and sorrow seem to run on parallel tracks and often arrive at the same time. Each day of our lives delightful things occur, reasons to celebrate or smile, and often, at that exact time, there are disappointing or painful things that happen to us or those we love. 
Our goal in life is not to figure out how to live only on the “joy” side of the tracks, avoiding all sorrow, but to continually look to Christ who has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
We look forward to seeing Grandma Mary and baby Annabell again in Heaven someday! We celebrate the lives that have been lived, both long and short, and we rejoice with anticipation of the new little ones we can’t wait to hold! 💕
Photographer Credit: Lori Blythe/TLC

F3AE73C1-B3E2-42CD-B057-5CCCD6318C98.jpeg

Nothing about Asa? Lauren won't like that!

• Like 15

Just now, realityfan26 said:

My first thought.

• Like 7

On 11/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, realityfan26 said:

Joy is pregnant with Annabelle, so she Grandma Mary are in the pictures. Lauren is pregnant with Asa's little sister in this pic and there's no balloon, so no mention.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

On 11/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, realityfan26 said:

Yep, we can definitely eliminate Lauren from the list of possible authors.  The whole post seems too articulate and coherent to have come from anyone in the family.

• Like 9

Michelle would never wear culottes; it's definitely a skirt captured at an angle that makes it difficult to tell.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

I don't get bras there, but I have no snark when it comes to thrift stores. It's silly for them to pretend they still need to worry about money, but for anyone on a budget, they're a great resource, and although they don't care about such things, shopping used is great for the environment!

• Like 15

Out of curiosity, I just checked realtor.com to see if Boob's round mansion has sold - no, it hasn't. The asking price is now $1.1 million (original asking price, in May, was $1.8M). 

And the 21-acre property near NW Arkansas Regional Airport hasn't sold either. Weird thing about it though: their original asking price was $599,000, in Feb. 2019. On Nov. 11, 2019, the price was INCREASED to $899,000. And on Nov. 15, the price was RAISED again to $999,000. WTF? Anyone have any idea why they're increasing the asking price on this? Can it serve as any kind of larger write-off if the property is "worth" more?

I've seen mentioned on here that Mary Duggar's pool home was for sale after she died. Does anyone know if it has sold?

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

11 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I've seen mentioned on here that Mary Duggar's pool home was for sale after she died. Does anyone know if it has sold?

Still for sale, the price was lowered:

022143C5-F5FB-4981-B2FE-1260C7D0ED97.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Useful 6