Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Plus what kills me about the girls not knowing how to cook is they had so much time to learn & read about it & try out recipes when they were at home waiting for their Prince Charmings to come along.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, SMama said:

Why is the turkey in a plastic bag? Was it delivered and she pretended to slice?

It's a Reynolds Oven Bag.  It avoids a greasy, splatted oven mess.  Some say it steams the turkey instead of truely roasting it.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, louannems said:

It's a Reynolds Oven Bag.  It avoids a greasy, splatted oven mess.  Some say it steams the turkey instead of truely roasting it.

I love oven bags. Not only does it cut  down on mess, it cooks the turkey or whatever meat much quicker.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I always do my turkey wrapped in foil, and, yes, I guess you could say it steams, but it cooks faster and stays really tender and juicy. We unwrap it about 1/2 hour before it's done to let it brown. That was the way Mr. Jyn's mother always did it when he was growing up, and since I didn't know much about cooking turkey when we were first married the technique got handed down.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it was 4yrs ago she got a makeover with this stylish cut- she went right back to the puffed up look saying JB liked it more. 

That makeover was years ago, before they went to Japan and China, IIRC. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That makeover was years ago, before they went to Japan and China, IIRC. 

I knew it was before the Josh scandals, so 2014 at the latest. Thanks. 

Edited by Scarlett45
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

"In 2 c measuring cup fill cup to 2 mark with hot tap water."

Christ on a cracker, just say "add two cups of hot water."

This family's a real brain trust, aren't they... 

They probably have the slaves . . . er, kids working in the kitchen from the time they can read, so best make the instructions as simple to understand as possible. If they say "add two cups hot water," that might imply getting another measuring cup to measure out the water. (The Duggars are also lazy . . . er, purpose to be efficient, so of course save time and work where they can!) 😛

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

"In 2 c measuring cup fill cup to 2 mark with hot tap water."

Christ on a cracker, just say "add two cups of hot water."

This family's a real brain trust, aren't they... 

I think what they're saying in their own incoherent English is:

1. Crack two eggs into a 2 cup measuring cup

2. Beat the eggs

3. Add water to the measuring cup so that the total volume is 2 cups

I doubt that they can follow it anyway, because I think she meant to write: Purpose to beat the eggs and then purpose to fill the cup with hot tap water.

Edited by cmr2014
typo
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think what they're saying in their own incoherent English is:

1. Crack two eggs into a 2 cup measuring cup

2. Beat the eggs

3. Add water to the measuring cup so that the total volume is 2 cups

I doubt that they can follow it anyway, because I think she meant to write: Purpose to beat the eggs and then purpose to fill the cup with hot tap water.

Yep, that's exactly it. That's what I meant when I said they want to avoid having to get another measuring cup for the water. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, graefin said:

Yep, that's exactly it. That's what I meant when I said they want to avoid having to get another measuring cup for the water. 

But won't the volume of water you need to add to make 2 cups of water/egg mixture vary based on the eggs? It'll be similar enough to probably not matter, but not every egg is the same. 

I have a sugar cookie recipe passed down from my great grandma that works the same way. It's an egg and enough milk to make a third of a cup. I never questioned it or thought it was a way to avoid dirtying another vessel.

(Also, if I'm just measuring water you can for sure assume it's not getting washed afterward and it's just going directly into the drying rack.)

• Love 11
2 hours ago, McManda said:

But won't the volume of water you need to add to make 2 cups of water/egg mixture vary based on the eggs? It'll be similar enough to probably not matter, but not every egg is the same. 

I have a sugar cookie recipe passed down from my great grandma that works the same way. It's an egg and enough milk to make a third of a cup. I never questioned it or thought it was a way to avoid dirtying another vessel.

(Also, if I'm just measuring water you can for sure assume it's not getting washed afterward and it's just going directly into the drying rack.)

Yes, true, but since it's the Duggars, I somehow assumed they aren't paying attention to those finer details. But I also suppose they probably got the recipe from somewhere else. I haven't seen enough other recipes for rolls to know if the instructions are similarly worded.

19 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Nope, not being familiar with cooking bags does not make you an ignoramus. I learn something new from the internet every day. Even on the Duggar threads!  😉

Though generally the learning on the Duggar threads is not things learned from Duggars, I assume, unless it is how not to do something.

• Love 10
On 11/22/2018 at 5:52 PM, awaken said:

Hahahaha. The people who can’t defrost frozen rolls in the oven are going to make homemade ones?  

Pillsbury people. Pillsbury.    I know it’s difficult for them.    And as a side note my dog loves the occasional Parker house roll 

• Love 2
On 11/23/2018 at 12:33 AM, Love2dance said:

Nope, not being familiar with cooking bags does not make you an ignoramus. I learn something new from the internet every day. Even on the Duggar threads!  😉

I tried the bags on the thanksgiving bird. Omg, will do that again! Super moist. 

• Love 5
Just now, Catfin said:

I tried the bags on the thanksgiving bird. Omg, will do that again! Super moist. 

Question: Was the skin super crispy? I HAVE to have dark, crispy skin. Or do you open the bag at the end to brown it more?

Cue Jilly Bean's breakdown.  Derick is hitting finals and having to study all the time, TTH just emptied out and went to Honduras, Jessa isn't going to put up with her everyday, all day.  She might want to invite Joy over, but she's probably helping Austin out, I don't see her going over to Smuggars and hanging out with Anna, Abbie and JD are newlyweds.   What is she going to do for like the next 2 weeks or so with just her alone with her 2 kids????  

• Love 9

Ah, thanks.  I didn't realize there was an age for mission trips with these folks.  I'm sure Jana is probably thrilled to stay home with only 2 kids, now if she can just keep Jill away, she should be able to sleep in and have some fun

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

288BEE77-CE41-4844-A074-D94B6B446AA4.png

I wonder if the Honduran natives have their arrows ready?😂😂😂

That green shirt is an abomination. Why does she persist in wearing shades of green that flatter virtually no one?  Another unanswerable Duggar question. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Kbo said:

That green shirt is an abomination. Why does she persist in wearing shades of green that flatter virtually no one?  Another unanswerable Duggar question. 

Her headship must like that color on her, or some other ridiculous bullshit like that.

Is the little girl in the striped dress standing under the 'S' of Honduras Jordyn? Her face is in the shadow so its difficult to tell.

1 hour ago, Kbo said:

And those black stockings!

At least it looks like her hair is up?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought the one to the left of Michelle was Jana.

That does look like Jana. She might have gone as well but was left to entertain the Littles who cannot officially go on the missionary trip.