Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hey Derick, if anyone could be called manipulative, it's your dear mother-in-law.  If I had been in that situation, instead of using a kind woman for years, I would have gone to the doctor and had my tubes tied.  Quit making babies you cannot handle!

Selfish woman, that one.  But we all know that.

True, but given how submissive Michelle was behaving, I squarely blame Jimbob. He was the selfish one. How could he be so self-centred as to keep impregnating this woman who is so dim-witted she doesn't even know how to say No. (Not that he would accept that answer anyways).

• Love 5
On June 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

So, JimBoob looks for a husband for his daughters. But, they have no education and never plan to work, but, they arent really prepared to be a stay at home wife either? I'm not sure I'm getting what their goal in life is?

I guess they are emulating dear ol' mom. She is exactly the same - what is her purpose aside from procreating?

• Love 6
On July 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM, ariel said:

Fireworks are legal in some states of the US.  Thankfully not mine.  I just looked up Arkansas & a 12 year old can legally buy fireworks in that state.  What could possibly go wrong with a 12 year old & fireworks?   ;)

https://weather.com/holiday/july-fourth/news/are-fireworks-legal-your-state-20140619#/1

I read this - 12 years old to buy something quite dangerous and I shake my head., Is it any wonder Arkansas is the punch line of a lot of humour, teasing, or jokes about backwards people with incestuous thoughts? Please - someone tell me about someone from Arkansas (or something from there) that's good and came from that state.

• Love 2
On May 14, 2017 at 0:37 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I refuse to give any of their websites hits. ?

Exactly Sew Sumi. As I have mentioned before, I appreciate the links, but I REFUSE to give these idiots a false impression of a visit by a new fan.

On May 14, 2017 at 0:41 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Joy and what's-his-name are totally having hand sex in that video, lol

I find it interesting that the Duggar girls are finding men to marry them quite easily, but not so much the Duggar men. I bet you single, Fundy, young women are looking at Me-chelle and Jimboob's expectations of marriage, while thinking "Not an F'ing Chance!!!" and running in the opposite direction. Eww, can you imagine having to marry one of the male Duggars? Blech!

• Love 3
On May 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Annb67 said:

Oh my god. I can't stop laughing.....in bed?. Btw Ben has the "fuck my life" face on. That's right Ben, you could have been sleeping off an incredible night of fun on that Sunday morning. But no...you have been relegated to sitting on a step with 30 other children wishing someone who is not your mother a happy Mothers day. Enjoy life Ben.

And like (I'm sure) Ben, I remember when I first saw Jessa, I thought she was so beautiful and she seemed a bit sassy, like she wasn't buying into this Fundy mentality. But how wrong I was. As the years went by, I realized that Jessa self-centred, judgemental attitude has made her so unattractive. And after her insistence that Josh was just inquisitive, she has absolutely no redeeming qualities. As a result, a once beautiful woman has become very unattractive, and I can't help but wonder if Ben has arrived at the same conclusion. Does he look at Meshell and Boob and resent them for taking over his life and relegating his 'real' family to the background? Does he resent being indentured to Boob for marrying a daughter?

• Love 7
On May 27, 2017 at 8:46 PM, EAG46 said:

If Michelle was as popular as the myth wants us to believe....why did she end up with a creep like JimBob?  What made her settle for him?  Why not a more adjusted, less controlling man?

When I see this picture of Michelle, I see a very attractive, outgoing yet naive young girl.I remember her saying that she and Jimbob were dressed 'immodestly' and she was on the pill, and they were like any other couple. Personally, I think JB manipulated Michelle's vulnerability after that first miscarriage. Does anyone else remember her saying that she was essentially punished for being on the people and not following the Christian way? I think Jimbob twisted Michelle's guilt over a lost baby and kept at it until she was brainwashed to become totally submissive. And when they were successfully having a family, Jimbob merely had to point to Gothard's teaching for their success.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I find it interesting that the Duggar girls are finding men to marry them quite easily, but not so much the Duggar men. I bet you single, Fundy, young women are looking at Me-chelle and Jimboob's expectations of marriage, while thinking "Not an F'ing Chance!!!" and running in the opposite direction. Eww, can you imagine having to marry one of the male Duggars? Blech!

The Bates men aren't marrying either, though. I think it has to do with the fact that they're supposed to be able to support their future wives and family at a job where they work for themselves. The girls are only expected to be able to cook, clean, and raise babies and most of the have been doing those things since they were preteens.

I don't think single, Fundy, young women have much say in who they're expected to court beyond mentioning that so&so looked cute. The parents talk among themselves and present both the girls and boys with their choice. Even with all Josh's issues, JD would be considered quite a catch, so if he wanted to be married, all he would have had to do is let it be known when they were at the camp at Big Sandy. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think it has to do with the fact that they're supposed to be able to support their future wives and family at a job where they work for themselves. The girls are only expected to be able to cook, clean, and raise babies and most of the have been doing those things since they were preteens.

A couple of the Duggar men have managed to acquire independent means, financially, but nothing marriage wise is on the horizon. Have you noticed the boys are never (maybe once) teased about a potential gal in their future, whereas it seems the girls have been? Wouldn't it be fabulous if the  Duggar men have quietly taken in many of life's lessons just by watching their parents, and are intending on a more lenient lifestyle, once married? I can only keep my fingers crossed.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

OMG - and I do mean My, (not Michelle's) God, lol - When I read about her breakdown - I wanted to break down. I realize she put herself in this position, but where the hell was JimBob? Your wife is in the laundry room at 2:00 a.m., crying, and you don't even know. And why isn't he embarrassed that a stranger has to come into their house to help his wife. Doesn't he look like an unsupportive ass? If she's doing chores until 2:00 am, is he just waiting for her to come to bed so he can impregnate her again? And since Josh was her firstborn, why the Hell wasn't he helping out? Why is she waiting to enslave her girls, or did she already know that Josh should not be left alone with the kids? This really made me angry when I read about it. I had no idea she hit a wall in her parenting. It makes me even more angry that she continued popping out kids -praying more strangers will take on her work load? These people make me so mad, yet I keep coming back to see what everyone is posting. I swear I torment myself.

Welcome to the patriarchy. The kids are there to show the world what a he-man Jim Bob is and for him to push around. Josh, as the first-born male, is king of the hill and a Jim Bob patriarch in the making. And you want them to do chores? Tsk Tsk. ..... .

That's the Duggar god talking. 

• Love 7

I'm suspect about "Nana" being Alice. That silly piano teacher didn't have to do Michelle's laundry more than ONCE to help her out. If she didn't agree to do it, why go on for 12 years. (Michelle should have been ashamed of herself taking advantage of an older woman to do this task for her for so many years.) This shows me that even back then, Michelle had a sense of entitlement because of how "Godly" she was/is. NaNa simply could have told Michelle she had 'other things to do' besides help her out and ended the offer. The Alice post was NOT complimentary to the Duggars and seemingly saw them for what they are...good liars and users of others' kindness, taking it as entitlement and God's reward to THEM for their spiritual superiority.

On another note, I shake my head at their belief that God seems to only communicate with males, like the "direct receiver', Jim Bob. How can this be so, if the greatest God/human communication was between the Almighty AND A WOMAN, Mary, the mother of Jesus? Didn't the angel, Gabriel, appear to her, at the instruction of God, the Father, and ASK HER for permission for HER to be the mother of the Savior and usher Him in to the physical world to save all from 'death'? YES...they should acknowledge this passage in the Bible as the Christians they claim to be.....so, why can't God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit/Ghost intercede and communicate with females today? These people boggle the mind.

• Love 15

Jana, I'm looking at you, honey. Why can't God help you determine WHAT YOU WANT out of your life directly? No one has to wait for their fathers' direction on that.

Jana is a grown up woman of 27 ...she's not a 16 year old needing to 'still grow up',, although intellectually and emotionally Jana IS about 16...she's just better at cooking, cleaning, sewing and child rearing that her sisters and MOTHER are. Soon she will be a middle aged person and begin to grow older looking. I have already seen some aging on Jana's face. It's so sad. Her parents have committed TWO sins against the Ten Commandments, IMO. They have killed her spirit and have stolen her youth from her...Thou shall not kill, Thou shall not steal....her parents should be ashamed of themselves in front of God...and the rest of the 'heathen world'.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jana, I'm looking at you, honey. Why can't God help you determine WHAT YOU WANT out of your life directly? No one has to wait for their fathers' direction on that.

Jana is a grown up woman of 27 ...she's not a 16 year old needing to 'still grow up',, although intellectually and emotionally Jana IS about 16...she's just better at cooking, cleaning, sewing and child rearing that her sisters and MOTHER are. Soon she will be a middle aged person and begin to grow older looking. I have already seen some aging on Jana's face. It's so sad. Her parents have committed TWO sins against the Ten Commandments, IMO. They have killed her spirit and have stolen her youth from her...Thou shall not kill, Thou shall not steal....her parents should be ashamed of themselves in front of God...and the rest of the 'heathen world'.

Jana may be doing what she wants, given the most favorable options she has. I think she does take her responsibilities towards her younger sibling seriously, and she may stay because of that AND she hasn't found anyone she wants to marry yet. Not to say she won't want to marry some day, but she may not be interested in having a passel or ANY kids and being single now allows her more intellectual and emotional freedom. JB & M want the house run a certain way but they aren't in her face the way a husband would be IMO. 

I do agree that JB and M take her for granted and over work her, but something tells me Jana and JD are smarter than people give them credit for and on some level they are doing what they WANT to be doing. 

• Love 4

Hmmm...I do not see being single in the Duggar family allowing Jana to have more intellectual and emotional freedom. She is the nanny to her own siblings and her nephews and nieces because her parents, married siblings except for Jinger and Joy to be their go to slave because *gasp* they do not want to take care of their children 24/7/365.

JD choose these professions because JB and Gothard approved them. JB also benefits from having more skilled labor aka his sons because he is too darn lazy and cheap to pay others to do his dirty work. He brought the planes JD flies so in a way JB is still riding shotgun over him.

Also they love to show Jana and JD off with their yes we do allow our children to lead their own lives and choose professions to suit their own talents and needs aka yes, as long as they can prove to be an asset which benefits JB and Michelle who are we to deny them this special, blessed, season of life opportunities.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It doesn't appear that Michelle or any of the married daughters were prepared to be housewives yet they found spouses. Another overlooked Gothard rule?

Well, I don't know that they're actually is all that much about housekeeping in the Gothard materials, at least. What it really seems to demand is joyful availability, tons of layers of clothing in solid colors worn together with bare sandaled feet and long hair in sausage curls, being under "daddy's" umbrella, churning out a million kids, speaking Gothard-speak, refusing to read or be interested in school or jobs or getting a group of friends or listening to music with a beat,  homeschooling, not going anywhere near a boy your own age until you're going to marry him, and considering (or at least calling) your husband -- and then your firstborn son -- as the fabulous leader of your home. 

The Duggar women do all that. ... From what I've seen, I get the very strong sense that that's a gazillion times more important than housekeeping to Gothard or in Gothardland. 

"Anybody can make him a sandwich," as Meeechelle has said. YOu're there to assure him that he is indeed a demigod, and a sexually desirable one at that ..... That, and to birth his army. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It doesn't appear that Michelle or any of the married daughters were prepared to be housewives yet they found spouses. Another overlooked Gothard rule?

I think the only thing you need to be a Gothard bride is functioning ovaries.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Hmmm...I do not see being single in the Duggar family allowing Jana to have more intellectual and emotional freedom. She is the nanny to her own siblings and her nephews and nieces because her parents, married siblings except for Jinger and Joy to be their go to slave because *gasp* they do not want to take care of their children 24/7/365.

JD choose these professions because JB and Gothard approved them. JB also benefits from having more skilled labor aka his sons because he is too darn lazy and cheap to pay others to do his dirty work. He brought the planes JD flies so in a way JB is still riding shotgun over him.

Also they love to show Jana and JD off with their yes we do allow our children to lead their own lives and choose professions to suit their own talents and needs aka yes, as long as they can prove to be an asset which benefits JB and Michelle who are we to deny them this special, blessed, season of life opportunities.

I think it does, perhaps in a "devil you know" type of way. As a single woman Jana isn't obligated to have sex she doesn't want, be pregnant if she doesn't want to be, cook food or keep House in a way that doesn't appeal to her. I think she's running the TTH and nurturing the lost girls how SHE wants. I believe they respect her. The older girls are married now but at least she has JD. As a married person she may only have her husband. As a married man JD would be responsible for his wife and supporting a baby every year. After all the Josh stuff so long as he doesn't embarrass the family JB M are letting him do as he wants- I think Jana and JD are both running that household. 

IMO I would rather be a Jana than a Jill. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"Anybody can make him a sandwich," as Meeechelle has said. YOu're there to assure him that he is indeed a demigod, and a sexually desirable one at that ..... That, and to birth his army. 

Guess what, Michelle. He could make his own sandwich! Literally and metaphorically.

I hope Jana is choosing her life from the options available. I think I'd rather be enslaved at my parents' house than my husband's, considering she'd probably be adding bearing and raising countless blessings to her jobs list, and maybe her sisters' children too, and considering the husband lottery throws out such gems as Derick, Josh and Michael Pearl. (Jury is out on Jeremy and Bin, but they seem less intolerable.) The thought of being their helpmeets and submitting to their useless, selfish umbrellas would keep me happy to be single. I get the impression that Blob and Mechelle have clocked out when it comes to the home jurisdiction, and if so there's less pressure on her to keep up with the housework too much. Is anyone still being so-called educated? There's another job for Jana gone. Her siblings are old enough to require less direct supervision. 

So she can't get a part-time job, probably has limited social options, is still doing her negligent mother's job, but I think she's probably still got time for herself around that. I'd rather that than spending that time making a husband any kind of sandwich.

• Love 13
(edited)
10 hours ago, Obsidian said:

So she can't get a part-time job, probably has limited social options, is still doing her negligent mother's job, but I think she's probably still got time for herself around that. I'd rather that than spending that time making a husband any kind of sandwich.

I think this is probably true. At the same time, though, I think the big downside is that her upbringing has most likely left her with no actual sense of who "herself" really is.

Given that absolutely no one out of that now pretty large mob of young adults has simply walked away from Duggardom suggests strongly to me that they've been so successfully brainwashed that they (at least the older half of the clan) learned as toddlers to suppress any inklings of personal desires and interests and thoughts before those things even became conscious. Otherwise, to me, the odds of at least one person walking by now are too great. 

So if that really is the case, then even in the time Jana has for her "self," she most likely doesn't have any authentic self to give rein to, I expect. ...........So -- no real authentic personal identity, even though she is ostensibly more on her own than the married ones. .... She doesn't have to do the repeated childbirth from an early age onward, of course, which is probably a bonus. But she also doesn't get any doors accidentally opened up to her by being around another adult who wasn't raised the same way, though, and I'd see that as a bit of a bonus that the married females do get.

I think they're all trapped without much will or knowledge of who they actually are, just trapped in slightly different ways. Choose your poison. .... I can't decide which I'd choose. Both look horrible to me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:50 AM, floridamom said:

That silly piano teacher didn't have to do Michelle's laundry more than ONCE to help her out. If she didn't agree to do it, why go on for 12 years. (Michelle should have been ashamed of herself taking advantage of an older woman to do this task for her for so many years.) This shows me that even back then, Michelle had a sense of entitlement because of how "Godly" she was/is. NaNa simply could have told Michelle she had 'other things to do' besides help her out and ended the offer.

Or Michelle could just be lying about this. The piano teacher could have come over to help Michelle out a couple of times because she felt sorry for her and Michelle has since blown the story completely out of proportion, exaggerating until "a few weeks" has become "twelve years". It would suit Michelle to claim this because it would underscore her message: that she is such a special and wonderful woman that other people consider it a privilege to serve her and that the Lord will send you all the help you need if only you are as devout and Godly as she is. I'm going to file this story away with Michelle's "bulimia", her "missing back muscle" and her days as a bikini-clad homewrecker.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Or Michelle could just be lying about this. The piano teacher could have come over to help Michelle out a couple of times because she felt sorry for her and Michelle has since blown the story completely out of proportion, exaggerating until "a few weeks" has become "twelve years". It would suit Michelle to claim this because it would underscore her message: that she is such a special and wonderful woman that other people consider it a privilege to serve her and that the Lord will send you all the help you need if only you are as devout and Godly as she is. I'm going to file this story away with Michelle's "bulimia", her "missing back muscle" and her days as a bikini-clad homewrecker.

I got pissed off about:

God lifted my burden (literally mountains of laundry!) and freed me to meet the more urgent needs of my family.

Clean clothes ARE an urgent need of your family - as is food, shelter, education, etc. But, as Jill demonstrates, it's cool to die in a ditch as long as you accept Jesus as your personal savior.

• Love 11

And why film Jill (IIRC) in the laundry room in an early special prattling on about how laundry was her jurisdiction when reality was far different (if Mechelle's story is to believed). If Joe was a baby, that means the older girls were supposedly well into their teens before Laundry Lady left. 

Uhm, no. 

• Love 11
On July 8, 2017 at 4:33 AM, Chalby said:

I realize she put herself in this position, but where the hell was JimBob?

I just remembered something I saw a few years ago.  It was some kind of documentary or news story (20/20 type show) on another large family, but I can't for the life of me remember who they were. Anywho, they showed a home video of some of the kids, who were quite young at the time,  jumping on a bed, some getting dangerously close to the edge and the father, instead of putting down the video camera and getting the kids off the bed and out of danger, started calling for the wife, repeatedly,  until she came running in the room and got the kids off the bed.  The dad never stopped filming, just kept calling for the wife.  I'm sure that was how it was in the Duggar household until the sister moms got old enough to take over all baby raising duties,  I doubt Jimboob ever lifted a finger.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

And why film Jill (IIRC) in the laundry room in an early special prattling on about how laundry was her jurisdiction when reality was far different (if Mechelle's story is to believed). If Joe was a baby, that means the older girls were supposedly well into their teens before Laundry Lady left. 

Uhm, no. 

I thought the girls, first Jill, then Jessa and Jinger helped with the laundry, both with Nana, then with Grandma. Like collecting the dirty laundry and also putting the clean laundry away.

I remember Jill speaking with some authority about it that I was led to believe that she was in charge of the entire operation at the tender age of 12/13 (pretty sure that this scene was from the very first special that filmed in early 2004). Too lazy to watch old Duggars specials to confirm. I do remember Jessa was in charge by the time they got to the TTH. But why the deception? Show us that sometimes large families with scads of little kids needs help.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2017 at 6:43 PM, Churchhoney said:

"Anybody can make him a sandwich," as Meeechelle has said. 

I doubt any of his daughters could.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Summer said:

Anywho, they showed a home video of some of the kids, who were quite young at the time,  jumping on a bed, some getting dangerously close to the edge and the father, instead of putting down the video camera and getting the kids off the bed and out of danger, started calling for the wife, repeatedly,  until she came running in the room and got the kids off the bed.  The dad never stopped filming, just kept calling for the wife.  I'm sure that was how it was in the Duggar household until the sister moms got old enough to take over all baby raising duties,  I doubt Jimboob ever lifted a finger.  

My son-in-law does this crap. He'll sit on the couch playing games on his phone and holler at my daughter to come deal with the kids that are playing at his feet. Drives me insane! My husband was as involved with the raising our kids as I was; it would never have occurred to him to call for me to discipline them or meet their needs unless he couldn't do it himself for some very valid reason.

• Love 9
(edited)
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well, that's the Gothard line. Nobody's supposed to have friends outside the home, really. Women's friendships aren't encouraged any more than kids' are. .... So all you've got left as friendship candidates are your spouse and generations of your immediate family. She sure can still spout that saccharine ridiculous crap, can't she? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

She ends her post with the rather stupid hashtag #mommaspray. At first glance I thought it was a reference to bladder weakness, which must be inevitable after 19 kids. 

Like some kind of mace you'd keep in your purse to repel Michelle.

3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Then Michelle is a crappy friend.

Frenemy

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

The comments are always the best part

Good grief. These comments...apparently spelling is from Satan.

My favorite: "Children are a blessing and I understand why you are relaying (sic) on god (sic) because otherwise wouldn't have someone like god in control of your blessings."

WHAT?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

She ends her post with the rather stupid hashtag #mommaspray. At first glance I thought it was a reference to bladder weakness, which must be inevitable after 19 kids. 

Too close to home!  And I only had three blessings. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

No kidding!  I have it after ONE kid, but I am old.

She's a weird duck, and then some.

• Love 5
On 7/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, JoanArc said:

1. You were and are inadequate. You did nothing to change after this other than pawn work off on other while you continued to breed and glorify yourself.

2. Correction (aka punishment) is what you live for, and clearly your favorite part of parenting. How else would you show you're in control?

3. Not a lot of praise during the Josh scandal - just a lot of blaming of others.

4. The sacrifice of praise sounds like a late night suck-up session to the boss, which was quickly rewarded. Nice religion.

5. Wanna bet this person is 'Alice'

Oh, and soon after all this she enslaved Jana to raise her kids.

I am stuck here wondering why dumbass Jim Boob didn't help his wife when she was clearly losing her mind.   I don't even have kids but if I had to do all that and Mr. Natalie didn't help I would lose my mind as well and he just might lose something else.  I have been watching this show long enough to know the answer to the stupid question I posed in my first sentence.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

My son-in-law does this crap. He'll sit on the couch playing games on his phone and holler at my daughter to come deal with the kids that are playing at his feet. Drives me insane! My husband was as involved with the raising our kids as I was; it would never have occurred to him to call for me to discipline them or meet their needs unless he couldn't do it himself for some very valid reason.

Mom is that you??? Seriously this describes my brother-in-law to a T, though for him it's usually the computer not his phone, and my dad was very involved in our upbringing. Being raised in a house where both parents did all kinds of chores makes me even crazier when I do tune in to the Duggs.

• Love 4

They were filming the first special when that article was posted; it was just a couple weeks before Jackson's birth. So, about a year after they sent Smuggar off to Gothard Construction Camp. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Michelle and Jessa are all the bitches they need.

Jasmine was probably the only one smart enough to run away.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, Aja said:

I doubt any of his daughters could (make a sandwich)

Bolding mine...I have a visual of Joy handing JB a sandwich with mayo and mustard spread all over the outside of the bread.

Forgive me for asking this, but as far as we know, is Michelle still "joyfully available?"  Could we end up having Duggar kids that are younger than their nieces and nephews?  Or has she closed up shop?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2