Type keyword(s) to search

Unsung Hollywood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Editor's Note:

Discuss Unsung Hollywood here!

Original post:

Very good eppy, just wish it would have been on for 90 minutes instead of an hour.

FINALLY we got to see Charnele Brown (Kim)!  I wish they would have delved more into the hate mail she received when Kim briefly dated Matthew.  It was good to see Cory Tyler (Terrance Taylor) as well and loved the sweet Lou Myers (Mr. Gaines) memories.

Interesting that Honeymoon In LA was the death knell for the show....guess prime time wasn't ready for that back in the day.

There was a clip where Katie Couric interviewed Lisa Bonet when the show was new, and she was looking totally drugged.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 2

I loved the revelation that the "Baby, please!  Please!" from Dwayne at Whitley's wedding was a moment of unscripted passion from Kadeem.  That was the best part!!!!!!!  I remember getting chills the first time I heard it because he said it with so much desperation.  

• Love 7

You guys have said everything that I felt. That ad lib by Kadeem Harrison will go down in history.

That show meant so much to many people, I'm glad they are getting love again.

Now, I just need a Living Single unsung and I will be complete.

• Love 3

I always enjoyed it more than its parent The Cosby Show, many days as I am getting ready for work I will watch it. Like The White Shadow and Freaks and Geeks for school based shows it holds up.

Edited by Raja

I don't like her new nose and I wish she would have left it alone but other than that the woman doesn't look near the 50 year old she is.  I enjoyed the episode as well. I'm glad she didn't come off as bitter which I was afraid of.  I also enjoyed she makes fun of her love life during those plays.  

There was a clip where Katie Couric interviewed Lisa Bonet when the show was new, and she was looking totally drugged.

That was Jane Pauley, not Katie Couric. Agree, Lisa looked as if she was high.

I loved hearing the back story on the wedding scene where Kadeem ad-libbed. That scene still gets to me. I have the show on DVDs, but I will still watch it when it airs. It is right up there with the greatest shows ever.

This needed to be longer than one hour.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2015 at 9:51 AM, Vixenstud said:

Damn, but Sheryl has been through a lot.  Very good eppy.

She has and it's amazing that she holds no bitterness against her mother and the other people who harmed her in her life.