Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

The only thing I want to see in this finale is Sue either in jail or in a mental hospital's secure ward.  If this show has any reality left in it, a woman that dangerous should not be out in society at large.  Maybe I take it too seriously, but a teacher should NOT bully students.  EVER.  If she ends up drowned in a giant slushie, well that would be fine too. 

• Love 3

DC was on Access Hollywood yesterday and the interview is now available on YouTube. If you can stomach Billy Bush for a few minutes, there is talk about "This Time" and the last day of shooting.

Plus, at 2:21 there is a brief shot of Blaine and Kurt beginning to perform in a classroom or daycare (you can hear the first few notes of "Daydream Believer"). So either one of them is a teacher, or they are visiting, perhaps as parents or as well-known people who come to entertain the kids (the latter perhaps improbable in real life, but quite possible in the world of Glee).

Edited by Florinaldo

The only thing I want to see in this finale is Sue either in jail or in a mental hospital's secure ward.  If this show has any reality left in it, a woman that dangerous should not be out in society at large.  Maybe I take it too seriously, but a teacher should NOT bully students.  EVER.  If she ends up drowned in a giant slushie, well that would be fine too. 

It seems that Sue is Vice President of the United States. At least, that's what her track suit logo in I Lived says.

Becky is Glee's ultimate version of the proverbial bad penny, the one that keeps turning up no matter how much one hopes to be rid of it.

What I took from Glee is the more vile you are the more you succeed, you get what you want. The only characters left who are not horrible people are in relationships with horrible people.

"This Time" full performance: http://www.fox.com/watch/415611971604/7684378368

The excess aural fat has been trimmed, the visuals clarify and unify the lyric's themes, and Lea is Lea, providing more emotion than all previous S6 songs combined. Kudos to Darren.

What? I found it incredibly boring.

It's just one of those "Rachel stands on a stage singing to no one making weird faces" things but intermixed a bit with "Rachel walks around alone in the hellhole of McKinley."

At the very least, I prefer Listen to Your Heart and Let it Go.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 6

The song would've worked for me if Rachel was saying goodbye to her high school experience for the first time, and not for the inexplicable n-teenth.

And what goodbye is she saying to her high school friends, they are as attached to the hip in the flash forward (or even more if the surrogate story pans out) as they ever were. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2

FakeEmpress, I think a lot of these last goodbyes at McKinley will fall somewhat flat for that very reason.  Sure I know the show is ending but in the canon of the show this will be yet another goodbye at McKinley in a long string of them.  For example, I saw the sneak peak of Will singing "Teach Your Children" and while Matt Morrison is awesome, there was a part of me that thought didn't he just do this like 2.5 years ago when many of the people he is singing to graduated?  Why are they all acting like they won't ever ever visit Lima again?  We know they will.  

Beyond that most of them (Artie, Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, and maybe Mercedes) are all heading back to NY with 2 of their other friends already living there (Brittany, Santana) and one living a train ride away (Quinn).   It seems the only people who won't be in the New York area are Sam and   Puck, although he gets an inordinate amount of leave, so I am sure he will be in New Haven visiting Quinn.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

And why is the whole saying goodbye to McKinely for the last time only being told through Rachel's POV? I'm sure that Kurt, Artie, Mercedes, Tina, etc.. all have their own memories, good and bad. Even in the Teach Your Children scene, the camera kept panning to Rachel crying and then Will blows her the kiss goodbye. I kind of wanted to remind him that he did have students not named Rachel Berry (though he often seemed to forget that). But then, Rachel is the only character that got anything resembling a season-long storyline.

• Love 3

I know the chances are less than 1%, but I can't help but keep searching the internet hoping to discover one little spoiler that Marley makes an appearance in the finale. It's futile but I can't stop. The finale needs to air.

• Love 1

And why is the whole saying goodbye to McKinely for the last time only being told through Rachel's POV? I'm sure that Kurt, Artie, Mercedes, Tina, etc.. all have their own memories, good and bad. Even in the Teach Your Children scene, the camera kept panning to Rachel crying and then Will blows her the kiss goodbye.

Hasn't Rachel be described generally as the lead female character, performed by an exceptional that comes about once in a generation, or words to that effect from RM? Plus, this season was indeed supposed to deal mainly with her story post-TV failure. So having her as a representative of everybody's experience probably semed fitting when they assigned her that song (which could very well have been sung by the ensemble).

Although Sue certainly gave her a run for the spotlight over the past several weeks.

Why are they all acting like they won't ever ever visit Lima again?  We know they will.  

I think that not only are they saying goodbye to a locale, but also and perhaps more importantly to a central phase in their existence so far, which they are bringing to a close, finally, so that they will now start dealing with the adult stage of their life.

What? I found it incredibly boring.

It's just one of those "Rachel stands on a stage singing to no one making weird faces" things but intermixed a bit with "Rachel walks around alone in the hellhole of McKinley."

At the very least, I prefer Listen to Your Heart and Let it Go.

I thought it was boring too, it would have made more impact if they had shown flashbacks of Rachel as she walks around singing it. Showing her best moments/worst moments as she sings, to show us how far she has come and what she has over-come. 

• Love 1

The thing is why should I believe they are finally bringing that phase to a close?  I feel like if one of them hit a roadblock they would be right back in that choir room post haste.  Unfortunately Glee has gone to this well too many times for me to be able to say I believe this time they are really moving to the next phase of their lives.  I know they will show that they did in the fast forward but much like I will roll my eyes in disbelief at Blaine & Kurt being a happy couple there is going to be some eye rolling at all of these kids acting like this goodbye is the one  they truly mean, they promise.  

Edited by camussie

The meta data around the pictures have it as scene 7 so I doubt it is unless that was wrong but I can't recall a time when it was.  My guess is the new people joined as a result of the sectionals win,  

I thought it was boring too, it would have made more impact if they had shown flashbacks of Rachel as she walks around singing it. Showing her best moments/worst moments as she sings, to show us how far she has come and what she has over-come. 

Yes, it was repetitive since it was so similar to previous performances where she was also shown singing while standing on stage and then walking through the corridors. But at least the song itself compensated for it.

I know they will show they meant in the fast forward but much like I will roll my eyes in disbelief at Blaine & Kurt being a happy couple there is going to be some eye rolling at all of these kids acting this goodbye is the one really mean, they promise.  

I think my eyes will most probably remain comfortably unrolled (there has to be some diversity in audience reception).  ;-)

Edited by Florinaldo

The meta data around the pictures have it as scene 7 so I doubt it is unless that was wrong but I can't recall a time when it was.  My guess is the new people joined as a result of the sectionals win,  

I thought none of tonight's episodes were in the present? So is some of Dreams Come True set now?

Yes some of "Dreams Come True" is set in the present (present being December 2014). Actually it seems like most of "Dreams Come True" is with only the last act or 2 set in the 5 year flash-forward.  

• The Will song, the Kurt/Blaine picture at that locker, the Blaine/Sam scene in the locker room all seem to be set in "the present"
  • I am also guessing the Mercedes song is set in "the present" and it is sung to Sam which gives a hint that they may end up together.
  • "This Time" also seems to be in "the present" as it is Rachel's last goodbye to McKinley.  (and this time she means it)
Edited by camussie

Sue thanks Kurt for about 120 seconds for teaching her how to be yourself,

She says in about 20 seconds that Blaine dated Kurts ex bully and that " she doesn't get him".

The boys at the beginning of the scene thank her for getting them back together.

Edited by caracas1914