Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I don't dislike Will at all.  In fact I feel he has gotten the shaft in the writing for several years.  That said that spoiler is not good for him.  Sure it may end up with a lesson for him but the fact that he does it in the first place is just wrong.  Him "learning a lesson" at the end of it doesn't erase that he plans on throwing his VA kids under the bus because he has an affinity for past and current members of ND.  The show may want me to buy into the idea that the ND kids are more deserving than any others but I won't.  Even back when we were much more invested in the ND kids (because that is where most of the story focused) that was irksome.  

As for jumping the gun, we are discussing spoilers which involves some speculation and judgement.  It just so happens it is Will's turn to be written suckily in episode 4 so people are talking about that.  

Edited by camussie

Maybe Will  agreed cause he knew he could give the leads to some of the kids who may not be as strong but need to shine anyway.  Then they could sing  Kumbaya and  remember to pull out the big guns for the actual competition.   :)

Edited by tom87

On another note it is incredibly cruel of Sue to have a hypnotized Sam lead Rachel on given that the person she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with died.  Moving forward after that should have strong emotions attached to it and it is just plain wrong for Sue to play with said emotions.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

I am so not here for more disappointing spoilers. So after acting irrational and with much haste from getting pet names to moving in together Blaine realizes he wants to be with Kurt. I actually thought it would be around episode 6 but 4 really? I don't know how the Glee writers expect anyone to really care when one of the two does this big romantic gesture to become endgame and declare their undying love for each other. As for Kurt, the age difference is quite disturbing and I think it will be more about the older gentlemen finally admitting he is gay than it will be about anything substantial for Kurt. But at least it gives Kurt something to do that doesn't involve groveling for Blaine or holding up Rachel's coattails. 

Sam and Rachel this bothers me because it really does make Rachel look like a jealous backstabbing friend who is envious of whatever it is her friends get. Point being she was so upset to the point it destroyed whatever progress she had made with Santana because she got an understudy role as far as building a friendship. Now with Mercedes she basically swore that "Sam and Mercedes are obviously soulmates" https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BzBs12ICUAAPiQa.mp4 but how quickly she forgets. Mercedes actually has also been her most closest female friend with no agenda, false bickering, or competing for the spot light after episode 100. Also, Rachel was leading the pack with oh "Mercedes let him go so you guys can find your way back to each other" when Mercedes was ready to head out on tour. So now she is having feelings for the man/boy who was her friends first real love. That's shady and beyond words. Glad they gave acknowledgment by Sam that he is still in love with Mercedes. Sam is hypnotized Rachel is not so what is her excuse, and hypnotizing really Glee (way to put it out there without really putting it out there, grateful for small miracles) I think this is fan pandering and setting the ground work for Rachel to move on and date someone without causing too much of a stir but I could be wrong. But I definitely don't want to see Sam and Rachel together. It seems everything at one point that Mercedes has had ends up being Rachel's this has happened too often IMO.

Sue really she is hypnotizing Sam to manipulate the destruction of the Glee club again. At least the hypnosis is an original take on an already stale since season 1 plot. 

Will well that whole premise is stupid that he would sabotage his own choir to build the confidence of another to the point where his own job is put in jeopardy, really? Why is he not giving his students 100% and advising Rachel to talk to and instill some confidence is her own choir not throwing it (well I guess this comes back to Rachel getting what she wants whether she worked for it or not). At this rate with horrifying spoilers coming out like this they might not have anyone tuning in for S6. 

Oh yeah they just had to do DaLeaStreet I guess at least one song together seeing how they have been pimping them since what May of this year. 

I will wait for 6x05 to see if the terrible writing and character assassination continues. Wow Glee really knows how to take the wind out of any excitement sails and just make you want to capsize the boat altogether!

Edited by Ann Mack

Revisiting Rachel & Sam makes me stabby.  I am one who has said of course Rachel should move forward with a new person but I have always been adamantly against that person being Sam.  There is simply no unringing the "Sam was brought in as Finn 2.0 at the beginning of season 2 even though at that point Finn was a hugely popular character" bell.  I have long said if/when they move Rachel forward it shouldn't be with a Finn clone and especially not with a character they brought in on the premise that he was a blonder better Finn.  

Ever since Finn passed they have tried even harder to say Sam is the new Finn.  The Sam/Rachel tease last year, the heavy handed nationals episode where they had Finn's close mentor telling us Sam was Finn, and now this.  No matter what RM and team think Finn and Sam aren't interchangeable.  

Edited by camussie
It seems everything at one point that Mercedes has had ends up being Rachel's this has happened too often IMO.

You have to actually have something first before it can be taken so no songs or roles were ever taken.    And I guess you could be talking about friends but that makes no sense because friends are not exclusive to one person and if any of Mercedes' friends decided to be friends with Rachel too that is their decision.   

I think it is fair to say the writing more than once stripped something from Mercedes and given it to Rachel.  Not necessarily the character' of Rachel's fault but still a pattern that is not good.  First with the Kurt/Mercedes friendship.  Then with the role of Maria which we were told Mercedes gave the better audition for.  Not to mention that both Mercedes and Santana were called lazy in comparison to Rachel.  

Sure Rachel is the lead and that means she should be the A story but there are much better ways to make sure she is A story than tearing down other characters in comparison.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

What it is revisiting Rachel & Sam makes me stabby.  I am one who has said of course Rachel should move forward with a new person but I have always been adamantly against that person being Sam.  There is simply no unringing the "Sam was brought in as Finn 2.0 at the beginning of season 2 even though at that point Finn was a hugely popular character" bell.  I have long said if/when they move Rachel forward it shouldn't be with a Finn clone and especially not with a character they brought in on the premise that he was a blonder better Finn.  

Ever since Finn passed they have tried even harder to say Sam is the new Finn.  The Sam/Rachel tease last year, the heavy handed nationals episode where they had Finn's close mentor telling us Sam was Finn, and now this.  No matter what RM and team think Finn and Sam aren't interchangeable.  

They cleaned that all up last season so to revisit it make no sense.    I have to hope it is just to renew Samcedes.  Lets have all the kids except Rachel marry their high school  love. .      

Rachel go back to NY ASAP.

I think it is fair to say the writing more than once stripped something from Mercedes and given it to Rachel.  Not necessarily the character' of Rachel's fault but still a pattern that is not good.  First with the Kurt/Mercedes friendship.  Then with the role of Maria which we were told Mercedes gave the better audition for.  

Artie and the other directors made that decision they never said Mercedes was better  in fact Arty defended his position the next week.  Rachel thought Mercedes did better than her but she did not have a vote .  She didn't take the role away  as implied cause the role was still there for Mercedes.

Kurt started getting distant from Mercedes more due to Blaine than Rachel . He blew her off even.   He accused her of tot loving as a replacement.

• Love 1
Sam and Rachel this bothers me because it really does make Rachel look like a jealous backstabbing friend who is envious of whatever it is her friends get.

I don't think it does at all really.  It kind of shows that's her feelings are a bit easily manipulated probably, but I don't think she's stabbing anyone in the back when Sam's the one pursuing her and kissing her (perhaps not under his own actions, but still).  

I hate this whole stupid thing in the first place and think Sam is barely smart enough to function as a human being, but I think what's really gross is Sue manipulating someone who's ex-fiance DIED not that long ago who hasn't had any other romantic relationships since his death.  

Edited by dizzyizzy01
  • Love 1

Rachel look like a jealous backstabbing friend who is envious of whatever it is her friends get.

Zero evidence she asks  Sam out becasue she wants   him becasue he use to date  Mercedes.    Did Mercedes star dating Sam and Puck cause she was jealous of Brittany  or Quinn or Santana?

I don't think it does at all really.  It kind of shows that's her feelings are a bit easily manipulated probably, but I don't think she's stabbing anyone in the back when Sam's the one pursuing her and kissing her (perhaps not under his own actions, but still).  

I hate this whole stupid thing in the first place and think Sam is barely smart enough to function as a human being, but I think what's really gross is Sue manipulating someone who's ex-fiance DIED not that long ago who hasn't had any other romantic relationships since his death.  

Yeah I am not happy with the writers or the directions they are taking the characters in these final 13 episode either.

Zero evidence she asks  Sam out becasue she wants   him becasue he use to date  Mercedes.    Did Mercedes star dating Sam and Puck cause she was jealous of Brittany  or Quinn or Santana?

Its obvious to me and I hope to you as well that by now we will agree to disagree on most matters pertaining to Rachel. So to each his own that is to include your and my interpretation of the actions of each character and in particular Rachel. Which is fine difference of opinions are a good thing. 

Sue is not happy that Kurt and Blaine broke up.

Okay, what?  Why ON EARTH would Sue care about this?!?  Can anyone say, "Hello, plot device!"  What miserable, pathetic, lazy story-telling.  If you have to resort to this kind of contortion, then maybe you shouldn't do whatever you were trying to do.  Good grief.

Also, when I read the spoilers, I took the Rachel/Sam interaction to be the closing of that door - because Rachel asks about dating, and Sam flatly says no.  I realize it's a little bit crazy to believe that actions in one episode will carry on through the season - heck, sometimes they don't make it to the end of the same episode! - but I will hope that Rachel/Sam is just a way to show, as others have said, that Rachel is ready to move on from Finn.  On the plus side, if we keep getting spoilers we should know soon enough what direction the writers are heading.  

• Love 2

I am sure that Will turn will come. So far all of the returning graduates have sung as has Sue, someone who only sings a couple of times a season, that's a lot of people. Only Rachel and ( surprisingly to a lesser extent) Blane has had consistent song opportunities. There just isn't many organic reasons for Will to sing since he is with VA but I am happy that that he has quite a lot of plot in this episode. Also I like that he has a scene with Rachel in the premiere and hosting dinner for the graduates in the next episode. Storyline wise they are at least making an effort to include him in the action.

I think Will had more songs last year because he end up filling both his and Finn's roles as far as leadership of ND.  I have been saying for a while I don't think they altered a lot of what they had planned last year through episode 512/513 (100).  As far as I can tell these were the only major changes up until they went to NY

• They moved Sam over to Penny
  • Nixed Rachel/co-star or director fling,
  • Nixed Finn being the one to bring Ryder back to Glee
  • And had Will playing the role with ND both he and Finn would have played through 512/13 which meant more songs for him

Now that they are back to business as usual Will is back to his usual role - riding the white-board.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

After letting the new spoilers sink in for a while, here's some of my thoughts. Most of it has already been said before, but I just wanna add my own words to those similar opinions and put it together in 1 post.
(This is gonna be loooong, sorry.)

First of all: these spoilers are absulotely stupid, even for Glee standards. I've seen some people (e.g. on tumblr) say that it's back to the old days of season 1's cracktastic dark comedy fun, but imo it's too late for that as too much has happened to these characters that 'really' mattered in the canon (as in: told as a PSA message so in an !important! way), and even in season 1 Sue would have not hypnotized someone (pushed them down the stairs: yes, but hypnotized,? no). It's just such cheap and lazy writing.
These spoilers are not only ridiculous, they're downright dumb, and a 10 year old could have done better. It's an insult to the (very few) people still watching and it's a shame these 'writers' get paid for the crap they put out.

Rachel asking Will and Blaine to make their choirs flub the invitational performance so 'her' ND can have a confidence boost is stupid, selfish and not very educational. Rachel is not doing her ND members a favour here, on the contrary: if they would get an easy 'win' at this performace they could become careless and overconfident, while some stiff competition would make them more determined to improve themselves (as ND did after they saw VA perform in season 1). If I was one of her ND kids and I found out I'd be mad at her for not taking me serious and not having much confidence in my abilities, both as a performer and as a human being (who can cope with stuff).

But Will then promising Rachel to actually do it and throw the game is what's really appaling to me. He is VA's coach now, but yet he's willing to sacrifice their performance/competition mentality and reputation out of feelings for his former choir and pet student? What an awful teacher Will is (and I kept rooting for him for 5 seasons, dammit). He's made many questionable decisions as a teacher before but this is a very low thing to do. Sue rightfully calls him out on it and he should get fired over this.

Sue hypnotizing Sam so he pursues Rachel romantically.....I have no words. Besides the already mentioned stupidity and laziness of writing a hypnotizing plotline (jumping a 100 sharks at once imo) to create/further a storyline, which ironically is yet another boring love triangle, there's also the ickiness of a character forcing a sexual action unto another (young) character against his will. Eww.
And manipulating Rachel, who hasn't dated since her first love died, like this is just horribly cruel. Even for someone like Sue this is a real new low.

Why would Blaine need to give Sam and Rachel piano lessons, when Blaine lives at least a town away, and Kurt is right there with them at McKinley? (but of course RIB have long since forgotten that Kurt could already play piano in season 1) I fear we'll get more Blaine solos and/or #Daleastreet mugging behind a piano in the near future. Brace yourselves.

Sue caring about Kurt and Blaine's relationship, pleeeezz. It seems everyone in Glee needs to be a Klainer so Kurt can be pushed from basically all sides to get back together with gelhelmet bowtie whiny baby Blainey Days. Half of Lima being present at their proposal was apparently still not enough to keep Kurt chained to his 'soulmate' forever, so now they are also making pod people of everyone else in Ohio who wasn't there when Kurt was pressured in saying "yes" the first time.
He will never escape his doom, excuse me: endgame.

And in order to show us that Klaine is indeed still klendgame besides everything that happens between them in canon screaming otherwise, they bring back a character like Karofsky, who was in a vulnerable but reasonably good state when Glee left him the last time, only to humiliate and slut shame him. But RIB care so much about the underdogs and gay PSA issues, right? Hypocrites.

Also: Blaine only realizes (again, I might add: this is the 3rd time now) he loves Kurt when Kurt is moving on while at the same time Blaine puts (or wants to put) his dick somewhere else. Classy.
And of course as soon as he finds out his current bf has had other partners besides him Blaine's not okay with that and starts doubting him. I wonder if Dave knows anything about Blaine's past, like Eli the lighthouse?

Kurt will date (or think about dating) a 50+ old, recently divorced man with kids, who clearly has a lot of his own issues to work through after being in the closet for 40 years. That's just what Kurt needs. *sarcasm*. But still this could have been interesting, if:
- Kurt again wouldn't (need to?) resort to forced/arranged dating, first with the speed dating, now an online datingsite. Why can't a handsome guy like Kurt just meet someone while going out in the town? There must be more (gay) bars than just Scandals in Ohio? (Or just let him go back to New York, please.) Is it just to let us know that Kurt isn't as attractive as Blaine, or is it to only give him horrible alternatives in comparison to his dreamboat gelhelmet? Or both?
- The age gap was not this big: why not someone around 40? A college student with a 50+ year old, who met online(!) after the old guy lied is just creepy, and pathetic. (Not to even mention the idea of some of the writers fitting all too well into this little sexual fantasy, eww, eww.)
- The writing on Glee wasn't so horrible. I bet my house on this 50+ turning into a Klainer in the end: they all do on this show.

Oh, why do I even bother anymore.

• Love 1

I guess I'm the only one who likes the Will stuff. Yes, it's wrong, but it makes sense for his character. Like Rachel, I've just accepted that he's one of the characters who always has to screw up and then learn a lesson. I still find him a sympathetic character albeit a lousy teacher.It makes him a bad coach for VA, but that's not surprising to me.

Edited by Sara2009

I can totally understand Will's over-investment in ND in general and Rachel in particular. He spent so much of his life at McKinley, both as a student and as a teacher so it's understandable to me that this is where his heart really lays. And Rachel is a huge part of what ND was while he was coaching them. She was, for him, the centerpiece of the team.

The problem is that he is no longer coaching ND and he has a group of students who are looking to him to do his best by them. It's not at all fair that he would even entertain the notion of asking them to not perform to the best of their abilities for another team's benefit. Some of this kids might want the same things that Rachel wanted in life. What about their aspirations and hopes? They deserve a coach who puts them first, not who's so willing to throw them under the bus for their competition.

It's unfortunate for Will's character that he doesn't renege on the agreement because he realizes that he was wrong and wasn't living up to his professional responsibilities to VA but because he got caught and because he thinks that Rachel was trying to screw him over. I want to be sympathetic toward Will, but for all the other times when he's held back other students for Rachel's benefit, for all the times he ensured that she would get what she wanted even if it came at the expense of one of other others, it's mighty hard.

• Love 1

These spoiler make Will, Rachel and Blaine look bad.

Especially Will and Rachel.  Why would a teacher not have his students to  give their all, and why would a choir director not want her Glee people to win something fair and square?

Edited by caracas1914

I'll be blunt - Rachel hasn't not always shown a lot of interest in "fairness". She wants to succeed and there have been a lot of times when she didn't much care how she did it or who she threw under the bus in order to make it happen. I think back to the Nationals auditions in Funeral where Jesse pretty much told her outright that she was going to win the solo regardless of how the others performed and she wasn't exactly protesting. Or how she manipulated the duets competition in order to achieve her goal of keeping Sam in the group, regardless of how it impacted any of her team mates. And I definitely can't see her considering the well-being of her competition (which is all VA and the Warblers are to her).

As bad as Rachel's behavior seems to be here, Will's is really indefensible. He's supposed to be a professional with years of experience as a teacher and show choir director and he's playing these amateurish games that put his own students at a disadvantage because he can't keep his personal loyalties out of things.

• Love 3

These spoiler make Will, Rachel and Blaine look bad.

Especially Will and Rachel.  Why would a teacher not have his students to  give their all, and why would a choir director not want her Glee people to win something fair and square?

I don't see how they make Blaine look bad? Will and Rachel collude to throw the thing, Blaine refuses as he should. If it's for the Klaine spoilers, I don't see it there either. It's Kurt they're throwing under the bus now, him going forward with a man his father's age who faked his identity to get a date with a 20 year old.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I think with regards to the Kurt/Blaine spoilers, I imagine Blaine looks bad because predictably, as Kurt indicates he's moving on, he suddenly decides once again Kurt is the love of his life. This after moving on with Kurt's former tormentor to the point of having nauseating pet names for each other and taking a step as big as moving in together. I do agree that I don't see how he looks bad for saying he won't make The Warblers throw the competition for Rachel and ND.

As for Kurt, I don't see how he's being thrown under the bus by dating the older guy, unless the term is being used in another manner. The previous episodes having him hurting and pining over his ex and I imagine the whole thing will likely play out as he's lonely and talking to the guy is nice so he looks past all the other awkward stuff because it's just nice having someone he can talk to. I think the only person who would looks bad in this situation is the 50 year old guy who creepily went after a 19/20 year old kid.

• Love 1

We don't know if Kurt's date faked his age. It's very likely that the question of their ages never really came up. Kurt can come across as mature beyond his years at times, and if this guy is fairly youthful then I have no issue with there be a bit of miscommunication about this. And I don't see this as any creepier than an older man who wants date a younger woman after a divorce. The fact that the spoiler is pretty clear about the guy being nice and good looking gives me a strong indication that the encounter is not going to be a negative one, even if it ends up being  friendship and not a romantic encounter. Kurt certainly can use more friends that exist outside of the claustrophobic McKinley bubble and the ones that he has been allowed to make (like Elliot) certainly have been to his benefit.

I imagine Blaine looks bad because predictably, as Kurt indicates he's moving on, he suddenly decides once again Kurt is the love of his life.

This.

It's seeing Kurt trying to move ahead after Blaine has made it clear to him he's in another relationship that gives Blaine his epiphany?  Just a retread of possessive and jealous Blaine. 

Blaine is living with someone else and yet Kurt isn't trying to break him up and accept that he had to move on also, so of course NOW Blaine realizes Kurt is THE love of his life.

I think with regards to the Kurt/Blaine spoilers, I imagine Blaine looks bad because predictably, as Kurt indicates he's moving on, he suddenly decides once again Kurt is the love of his life. This after moving on with Kurt's former tormentor to the point of having nauseating pet names for each other and taking a step as big as moving in together. I do agree that I don't see how he looks bad for saying he won't make The Warblers throw the competition for Rachel and ND.

As for Kurt, I don't see how he's being thrown under the bus by dating the older guy, unless the term is being used in another manner. The previous episodes having him hurting and pining over his ex and I imagine the whole thing will likely play out as he's lonely and talking to the guy is nice so he looks past all the other awkward stuff because it's just nice having someone he can talk to. I think the only person who would looks bad in this situation is the 50 year old guy who creepily went after a 19/20 year old kid.

We don't know if Kurt's date faked his age. It's very likely that the question of their ages never really came up. Kurt can come across as mature beyond his years at times, and if this guy is fairly youthful then I have no issue with there be a bit of miscommunication about this. And I don't see this as any creepier than an older man who wants date a younger woman after a divorce. The fact that the spoiler is pretty clear about the guy being nice and good looking gives me a strong indication that the encounter is not going to be a negative one, even if it ends up being  friendship and not a romantic encounter. Kurt certainly can use more friends that exist outside of the claustrophobic McKinley bubble and the ones that he has been allowed to make (like Elliot) certainly have been to his benefit.

I don't care about how the show chooses to present it, and that they will make it "sweet" and "mature". In essence it looks nothing like that. In such a dating situation, every reasonable person will be out of the door the minute they realize the other person hid vital information about themselves. It's really naive to think that such questions as who the guy is will not have come up in Kurt's communication with him, it's said they met online, and then also talked on the phone. How stupid must Kurt be to agree to meet with a stranger (after how Blaine cheated on him with a random person online?!) without asking some basic questions? The guy hid practically his whole identity, since Kurt just now realizes the guy's age, the guy's marital situaton, kids, etc. And I don't buy the excuse of the guy being sweet and Kurt being mature. This is a huge red flag and if Kurt decides to go for it, they make him seem really desperate and willing to set aside all his trust issues and cheat issues which were made such a big deal of, for a stranger?

Kurt will be thrown under the bus because he will be made to act OOC in that his trust issues will be forgotten so that a creepy stranger who lied about his identity will impart life lessons. It's like another PSA in disguise.

• Love 1

I'm going to speak to my own experiences dating people that I've either been set up with or met over the internet. No matter how much you might speak to them before your physically meet, the people are nearly never how you imagined them. I've dated guys who apparently used their old college pictures because they ended up being older/fatter/balder/etc than I expected. And I had the lovely experience of dating someone who didn't know from my profile that I have tattoos and had a real bias against women with tattoos. When you date someone that you meet on line, you're hedging your bets a bit, but you still don't get the whole picture until you physically meet. And judging from the fact that Kurt at least had a phone conversation or two with the guy, that's a far cry from going to fuck someone that you poked on Facebook.

My guess is that Kurt knew that this guy was older than he was, and just not quite that much older. Just as this guy knew that Kurt was younger, but not that much younger. It happens. The good thing is that Kurt isn't going "Ewww! Old man cooties!" and giving the guy a chance. This is a young man who routinely gets rejected because of the pre-conceptions that others have of him and that he's not doing it to someone else shows a lot of maturity on his part.

This.

It's seeing Kurt trying to move ahead after Blaine has made it clear to him he's in another relationship that gives Blaine his epiphany?  Just a retread of possessive and jealous Blaine. 

Blaine is living with someone else and yet Kurt isn't trying to break him up and accept that he had to move on also, so of course NOW Blaine realizes Kurt is THE love of his life.

Meh. Kurt broke up with him and then one fine day decided he wanted him back just like that, that doesn't look flaky at all. Both are shown not in their best light imo because they are made to follow the typical romantic scenario of will they won't they, so when one decides he wants the other, the other has seemingly moved on, then it's repeated with the other an so on until the coming back together. 

• Love 1

I'm going to speak to my own experiences dating people that I've either been set up with or met over the internet. No matter how much you might speak to them before your physically meet, the people are nearly never how you imagined them. I've dated guys who apparently used their old college pictures because they ended up being older/fatter/balder/etc than I expected. And I had the lovely experience of dating someone who didn't know from my profile that I have tattoos and had a real bias against women with tattoos. When you date someone that you meet on line, you're hedging your bets a bit, but you still don't get the whole picture until you physically meet. And judging from the fact that Kurt at least had a phone conversation or two with the guy, that's a far cry from going to fuck someone that you poked on Facebook.

My guess is that Kurt knew that this guy was older than he was, and just not quite that much older. Just as this guy knew that Kurt was younger, but not that much younger. It happens. The good thing is that Kurt isn't going "Ewww! Old man cooties!" and giving the guy a chance. This is a young man who routinely gets rejected because of the pre-conceptions that others have of him and that he's not doing it to someone else shows a lot of maturity on his part.

I'm sorry I'll be blunt. Real life people are not that relevant, you are not Kurt. You may choose to give a second chance to people who fudged a bit. But Kurt is a character with a specific story which goes on as the writers wish (for plot reasons, not for character development), it's not your story which goes as you make it happen and follows your particular decisions. The question to be asked is: does it make sense for the character, not for your life. Kurt is someone whose trust issues were made such a big part of who he is romantically, and now he throws this out of the window for someone who lied to him online and on the phone.

You misunderstand why I brought up the facebook hookup. Exactly, Kurt won't be as careless not to try to establish who the guy he's talking to is. So obviously the guy lied about who he was. 

I can't see a single shred of maturity about this, both on Kurt's and on the guy's side. It's not about the guy being old. It's about the guy lying to get dates with guys half his age or less. This is creepy, but Kurt suddenly sees it as no problem because the guy is sweet and good looking? 

If I accept this as not OOC, then Kurt has massive issues himself too, choosing to form relationships with guys who come to display questionable behavior, just because they're sweet and handsome (aka Blaine No.2)

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1
Meh. Kurt broke up with him and then one fine day decided he wanted him back just like that, that doesn't look flaky at all.

This is actually why I have so much annoyance whenever I think about that Blaine and Karofsky mess because honestly, that grossness aside, Blaine is really not doing anything so wrong in moving on or at least trying to. I think it makes perfect sense that after two failed attempts to live together, Kurt breaking things off and his being so dependent that the breakup caused him to flunk out of school and spiral, that he gets to a place of trying to move on from Kurt and accept that the relationship is not meant to be. Hell, that's actually kind of mature. So I for one would have had no issues or judgment of Blaine's dating some random Joe. But no, that would have been too simple and drama free for the writers so let's add in the ick factor of making him date Karofksy, the guy formerly known as Kurt's physical, emotional and mental abuser. 

That's why I disagree with the comments that only Kurt has never been allowed to move on and is presented as so unattractive that only some old guy would want him because in my opinion, NEITHER Blaine or Kurt have ever been fully allowed to move on. For all the "Blaine is presented as so attractive or appealing in canon", Blaine's only romantic interests or love life or whatever beside Kurt has been a hookup with a guy who didn't even have face because it was set up purely for him to feel shame as soon as it was over. Then he had a crush on straight Sam so RIB could have all their homoeroticism entendres and wink-wink moments all while telling viewers theirs was an inspiring depiction of friendship between a straight guy and a gay guy. And now he's dating Dave Karofsky, the once creepy, psychotic guy. 

As for Kurt, he was actually given a fairly decent alternative love interest in Adam. Sure I was one of those who thought he looked like he was in his 30's but he was still a decent looking guy who seemed nice enough but the writers pretty much dropped the ball on the entire storyline and got rid of him without even so much as a decent follow through. One day they were going to see a movie and the next he no longer existed. And now I guess there's the old guy to explore Kurt's Daddy complex or something, I don't know. The point is neither Kurt or Blaine have truly been allowed to truly move on from each other, which I guess is the evidence that despite all the shit the writers are doing they mean to have them end up together. Of course par the course with these kind of pairings, the contrivances to keep them apart get worse and worse that when the end comes absolutely no one will care and more importantly no one, even ones who like the characters would want either of them near each other.

• Love 2

Until we know the man lied about his age to get a date this conversation is meaningless.

Maybe Kurt fudged some info to so he is understanding of the guy who is just getting back into the dating pool.

Anyway Kurt is not thrown under the bus again.  Right now it seems he is even totally absent from the invitational story  probably so he doesn't have to take sides.

Until we know the man lied about his age to get a date this conversation is meaningless.

Maybe Kurt fudged some info to so he is understanding of the guy who is just getting back into the dating pool.

Anyway Kurt is not thrown under the bus again.  Right now it seems he is even totally absent from the invitational story  probably so he doesn't have to take sides.

You are perfectly in your right to see it like that. When I read:

"When Kurt finally meets his date, he realizes the man he had been talking to on the telephone is in his 50s, with kids, just out of a marriage to a woman. Kurt is freaked out" , this doesn't immediately strike me as Kurt fudged info and the guy didn't lie and not only about his age. This is like Blaine cheating on him and then going to see him to confess. The guy goes to meet him with the clear knowledge that he has led Kurt on (Kurt is freaked) and now will have to reveal the truth and rely on his charm to make Kurt stay. Kurt didn't stay for Blaine, why should he stay for a random guy because he's sweet and good-looking, wasn't Blaine sweet and "the cutest" (in Kurt's eyes)?

Edited by fakeempress

I still don't think the Will spoilers are that bad. The situation is hardly ideal, but this isn't even a real competition. If it was, I'd be singing a different tune. VA have never lacked confidence, so Will 's probably thinking " Why not throw the least established team a small bone?" It makes him a bad VA coach but not a bad person IMO.

...The point is neither Kurt or Blaine have truly been allowed to truly move on from each other, which I guess is the evidence that despite all the shit the writers are doing they mean to have them end up together. Of course par the course with these kind of pairings, the contrivances to keep them apart get worse and worse that when the end comes absolutely no one will care and more importantly no one, even ones who like the characters would want either of them near each other.

I agree with your whole post. There is no doubt for me that Kurt and Blaine are getting back together in the end, that the writers are doing the worst job they could to sell it, and in the process both characters are made to take one stupid decision after another, because the writers are recycling one and the same story for three seasons 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

You are perfectly in your right to see it like that. When I read:

"When Kurt finally meets his date, he realizes the man he had been talking to on the telephone is in his 50s, with kids, just out of a marriage to a woman. Kurt is freaked out" , this doesn't immediately strike me as Kurt fudged info and the guy didn't lie. 

I didn't say the guy didn't lie I said Kurt may have  too. I only said that spec becasue maybe there is a reason Kurt is ok with the guys ommission or lies.  

This is probably going to be a one date deal anyway so   I do not think it puts a negative light on Kurt is he gives s this guy a break right now.

I only said that spec becasue maybe there is a reason Kurt is ok with the guys ommission or lies.

If I read the spoiler correctly, I don't think it's so much Kurt's okay with the guys' lies or omission of the truth but that despite being slightly freaked out by the truth, after talking to the guy he finds him to be nice and sweet and so agrees to see him again as friends. So it also doesn't sound like it's a one date thing. But I imagine the whole thing will play out in one of two ways - the guy tells him he still loves Blaine to facilitate that reunion or the guy turns out to not be fully ready to openly date and embrace who he is. I mean if this is someone who was married to a woman, had kids and in his fifties - it's likely he was in the closet for a long, long time. 

I still don't think the Will spoilers are that bad. The situation is hardly ideal, but this isn't even a real competition. If it was, I'd be singing a different tune. VA have never lacked confidence, so Will 's probably thinking " Why not throw the least established team a small bone?" It makes him a bad VA coach but not a bad person IMO.

I do not either.  

I keep thinking back at how overwhelmed ND was in the pilot when they went and saw VA for the first time. Later on in the pilot the kids even  think Will maybe leaving Mck cause VA was so good.  At this point Rachel has 4 kids for maybe 2 weeks. It doesn't seem like she is asking for the to go out and be lousy just to maybe scale back a bit.  Maybe just a more subdued performance.

Yes I agree it is not fair to the kids yada yada.  But I have to keep telling myself just a show, just a show but I still  fail keeping my emotions in check with this dumb show for some dumb reason.  

I didn't say the guy didn't lie I said Kurt may have  too. I only said that spec becasue maybe there is a reason Kurt is ok with the guys ommission or lies.  

This is probably going to be a one date deal anyway so   I do not think it puts a negative light on Kurt is he gives s this guy a break right now.

Why is Kurt "freaked out" then? And where do the spoilers suggest Kurt may have fudged too, and for what reason actually, what does he have to fudge about? While it's pretty clear why the guy will have not only fudged a bit but totally misrepresented who he is, otherwise Kurt will not be effing freaked.

There is no character-based reason for Kurt to be OK with omissions or lies by someone he barely met. The reasons are all plot related as truthaboutluv says, and I also thought.

Edited by fakeempress

Why is Kurt "freaked out" then? And where do the spoilers suggest Kurt may have fudged too, and for what reason actually, what does he have to fudge about? While it's pretty clear why the guy will have not only fudged a bit but totally misrepresented who he is, otherwise Kurt will not be effing freaked.

There is no character-based reason for Kurt to be OK with omissions or lies by someone he barely met. The reasons are all plot related as truthaboutluv says, and I also thought.

I don't really care tbh since  it is probably a one or two scenes and this guy is gone forever..  Again as I said already twice I was only speculating Kurt MAY have a reason to be understanding even if initially he was "freaked out". 

Freaked out is semantics until we see it played out on the screen.     Freaked out on screen could be his eyes  popped out of his head and he got flustered or it could mean he slapped him and ran out of the room.  

One script declares that "amercia wept" so...

The reasons are all plot related as truthaboutluv says, and I also thought.

The same thing can be said for every thing in the show.

They have the characters do things we think are OOC all the time. 

Edited by tom87

Sorry I don't blame the characters but having Blaine fucking the bully who threatened to kill your ex love and tried to hook up with Kurt while Blaine was still dating him is truly throwing the character under the bus by the writers.

A shrink would have a field day with Blaine on the couch. First he cheats by fucking a random face book and now he moves in with the man who tormented his EX.

Kurt single again and dating a 50 year old man is questionable, but the spoilers says they start a friendship first after all. of course a 20 year old would freak out about a 50 year old but meeting in person it's obvious everything is out in the open so the ball was clearly in Kurt's court.

For all we know , kurt finds the man charming, intelligent and attractive when he meets him so that's hardly throwing him under the bus. Sadly what throws Kurt under the bus is hooking him back with needy possessive Blaine but alas that is his fate.

Edited by caracas1914

How does anybody want to see Kurt fuck a guy more than twice his age as some kind of good thing? That's messed up. I hate the fandom almost as much as I do the show.

Nobody normal wants this. You do you, but this is really fucked. So is anything Blaine anymore because that guy needs a lot of professional help for his doing the bully spite thing, but Kurt should not be dating his dad ever. Whoa, how is this even a question? Y'all are fucked up. Ban me if you need to for saying it out loud, but step back and look at this through not wanking off at it goggles. Kurt should not be dating anybody his dad's age. Period. Full Stop.

• Love 2

I don't really care tbh since  it is probably a one or two scenes and this guy is gone forever..  Again as I said already twice I was only speculating Kurt MAY have a reason to be understanding even if initially he was "freaked out". 

Freaked out is semantics until we see it played out on the screen.     Freaked out on screen could be his eyes  popped out of his head and he got flustered or it could mean he slapped him and ran out of the room.  

One script declares that "amercia wept" so...

The same thing can be said for every thing in the show.

They have the characters do things we think are OOC all the time. 

"Freaked out" would be either a direction of how it is to be played by the actor, or expressed in dialogue. And yes, they have characters OOC all the time, it doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Edited by fakeempress

Sorry I don't blame the characters but having Blaine fucking the bully who threatened to kill your ex love and tried to hook up with Kurt while Blaine was still dating him is truly throwing the character under the bus by the writers.

A shrink would have a field day with Blaine on the couch. First he cheats by fucking a random face book and now he moves in with the man who tormented his EX.

Kurt single again and dating a 50 year old man is questionable, but the spoilers says they start a friendship first after all. of course a 20 year old would freak out about a 50 year old but meeting in person it's obvious everything is out in the open so the ball was clearly in Kurt's court.

For all we know , kurt finds the man charming, intelligent and attractive when he meets him so that's hardly throwing him under the bus. Sadly what throws Kurt under the bus is hooking him back with needy possessive Blaine but alas that is his fate.

I don't doubt they'll present it as sweet etc. They'll present Blainofsky as non-problematic too. And agreeing to see a 50+ year old with such baggage, who lies to get a date with him, and then charms him into seeing him again, will also be a windfall for a shrink. If it were a different genre show, it will be a criminal case waiting to happen. I don't find anything sweet in making Kurt date 50+ who lies to him, when Kurt has had such huge issues with lies before. That's the best Kurt can do? How is that guy being charming, intelligent and attractive so Kurt chooses to oversee his lies, any different from Blaine being charming, intelligent and attractive and Kurt deciding to forgive his cheating and take him back? Why is Blaine in the same situation needy and possessive, and this old guy is A-OK? People here have said that taking Blaine back was throwing Kurt under the bus so that Blaine is validated, but now this guy is not validated for his lies by Kurt choosing to go ahead with him for superficial reasons and so that's not throwing Kurt under the bus? Let's do a thought experiment: replace this guy with Blaine having lied to Kurt and being sweet and charming (he is in Kurt's eyes, remember) and have Kurt act the same way, If you still think - but honestly - that it's no big deal that Kurt decides to keep seeing him, then OK.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

At this point, I'm just going to enjoy the cracktasticness. For instance, I 'll laugh and laugh if it turns out that Will is the one who picked " Whip It" and " Rock Lobster." LOL

The bear cub thing is also amusingly WTF? to me.

• Love 1

Lol we know Kurt is freaked out due to his age, but of course that must mean the character has lied to Kurt in the most egregious way possible. Of course he pretended to be a 20 year old though, ..we uh... We actually don't know that yet do we?

it's not like we know the character is threatening to kill Kurt or tried to kiss him against his will.

Lol we know Kurt is freaked out due to his age, but of course that must mean the character has lied to Kurt in the most egregious way possible. Of course he pretended to be a 20 year old though, ..we uh... We actually don't know that yet do we?

it's not like we know the character is threatening to kill Kurt or tried to kiss him against his will.

People are not freaked out if someone tells them they are 40ish and turns out to be 50. I'd say handsome takes off 10 years easy. And the freakout is due to the whole litany of basic stuff about who the guy turns out to be, you know that very well to be making it like it's just the age. If that's not egregious, ok.

Anyway, I'll be curious next time Blaine does something of even half the magnitude as this guy with hiding everything about himself, if people will also dismiss it as no big deal. But why wait? Let's start now with having no issues with Blaine dating Karofsky because Kurt doesn't, he freaked out but clearly is ok with it since he's been talking to Blaine, even about his dating life. It's not like Blaine threatened to kill him or to kiss him against his will, right.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1