Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I don't think they mean to punish Klainers at all. I think they believe they're telling an epic romantic story with lots of angsty goodness and focus. As many pointed out, they tell the same stories again and again. I think Klaine got handed down Finchel's old plot. So now the abruptly engaged secondary couple to provide contrast and commentary is Brittana. Dave being Kurt's former tormenter is the equivalent of Brody being a sex worker.  In both cases the problematic mid-game happens fast and they move in together right away. There's likely room for one more complication even in the sped up version. They'll spend most of the season on the enormous and character damaging obstacles that true love has to overcome. They they'll get back together right at the end with yet another grand gesture.

By the end of these things I usually wonder why they haven't all moved on. However, I think these show runners believe the more horrible things done to each other along the way, the more it proves how great the love is to overcome it. So they think they're creating an epic romance everybody will swoon over by the end.

I disagree. It's going to be sad to watch the characters be put through all this. Kurt and Blaine may end the show together, but I'd assume on/off again for several years of big drama. They seem to have a romanticized idea of what their relationship is and trouble keeping their hands off each other, but no actual compatibility. That's a recipe for lather/rinse/repeat until they get jaded enough to get over the romance part. After that it'll be drunken hookups every now and then, but that's a much smaller problem. That's not an epic romance in my book.

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking of the show's presentation of how horrible Brody's sex work was, not my own opinion on it. That rant is too long and off topic for here.

I don't think they mean to punish Klainers at all. I think they believe they're telling an epic romantic story with lots of angsty goodness and focus. As many pointed out, they tell the same stories again and again. I think Klaine got handed down Finchel's old plot. So now the abruptly engaged secondary couple to provide contrast and commentary is Brittana. Dave being Kurt's former tormenter is the equivalent of Brody being a sex worker.  In both cases the problematic mid-game happens fast and they move in together right away. There's likely room for one more complication even in the sped up version. They'll spend most of the season on the enormous and character damaging obstacles that true love has to overcome. They they'll get back together right at the end with yet another grand gesture.

By the end of these things I usually wonder why they haven't all moved on. However, I think these show runners believe the more horrible things done to each other along the way, the more it proves how great the love is to overcome it. So they think they're creating an epic romance everybody will swoon over by the end.

I disagree. It's going to be sad to watch the characters be put through all this. Kurt and Blaine may end the show together, but I'd assume on/off again for several years of big drama. They seem to have a romanticized idea of what their relationship is and trouble keeping their hands off each other, but no actual compatibility. That's a recipe for lather/rinse/repeat until they get jaded enough to get over the romance part. After that it'll be drunken hookups every now and then, but that's a much smaller problem. That's not an epic romance in my book.

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking of the show's presentation of how horrible Brody's sex work was, not my own opinion on it. That rant is too long and off topic for here.

But will Kurt swoop in and punch Dave and tell him to stay away from his future husband???

But will Kurt swoop in and punch Dave and tell him to stay away from his future husband???

More likely Kurt cries and looks miserable until Dave nobly redeems himself by stepping aside. They actually care about Dave's character getting a decent sendoff, and it's not like they have to make this look bad at the end to kill any interest in the ship. It's a non-starter from word one.

Not everything lines up perfect, but it's pretty scarily close. Broken teen engagement over being too young. Trouble sharing space. Breakup resulting in separation in NYC/Lima that ends in a visit of the remorseful dumper finding the dumpee has moved on. Blaine flunks out of college and Finn the Army. Both wind up teaching show choir as a result. It's a lot of repetition of elements.  Same general story with slight variations for time constraints and maybe some characterization issues.

If this ends in Kurt staying in Lima for Blaine because Blaine's discovered his mission in life is teaching at Dalton, I will throw something. I may need to sit near soft things during the finale. If they'd do it to Rachel, there's no reason to think Kurt's safe.

More likely Kurt cries and looks miserable until Dave nobly redeems himself by stepping aside. They actually care about Dave's character getting a decent sendoff, and it's not like they have to make this look bad at the end to kill any interest in the ship. It's a non-starter from word one.

If this ends in Kurt staying in Lima for Blaine because Blaine's discovered his mission in life is teaching at Dalton, I will throw something. I may need to sit near soft things during the finale. If they'd do it to Rachel, there's no reason to think Kurt's safe.

Imo Dave had a decent send off in season 3 the more they mess with him the more likely he will not fair as well

Also  I actually do think Kurt has a better chance than Rachel.    Kurt will maintain his  core personality and righteousnesses even if he  pines over Blaine for a few episodes.   It will be almost impossible to get  Rachel back to where she was before they started her journey to under the bus.

I just want to know why the  fresh level of hell the audience deserves to go through with yet another Becky wanting to do the  nasty with a  guy.  They had shipped Becky off to college and now she's back, like Damian, or Freddy Krueger or a Cher farewell tour.   Won't doubt if they also have Becky mouthing her bitchy lines in another "alunmi" cheerleader outfit.

Sure, the last season is all about the importance of performing arts in schools, 

my ass. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

You want to show off the importance of the arts in school? Then show where those who participated in performing arts activities go in their post high school lives. Whether they go on to some type of performance careers or whatever, show how the arts had such a positive influence in their lives. Not by dragging these characters kicking and screaming to their old high schools where they are trapped for the rest of their lives.

Imo Dave had a decent send off in season 3 the more they mess with him the more likely he will not fair as well

Also  I actually do think Kurt has a better chance than Rachel.    Kurt will maintain his  core personality and righteousnesses even if he  pines over Blaine for a few episodes.   It will be almost impossible to get  Rachel back to where she was before they started her journey to under the bus.

And not once but twice. I'm sure they'll do another one at the end of this fresh round, after he becomes the wronged party and everyone must sympathize with him.

• Love 1

Remove the Blaine/romance factor and this would be awesome in my opinion and about three years overdue. 

It is just RM and team are simply incompetent when it comes to sustaining a narrative over multiple seasons.  They proved that with almost every character on this show.

Basically and it's why the only writing RIB needs to be doing in my opinion are one shot stuff like The Normal Heart or even a movie script where it's a beginning, middle and end and that's it. This is also why American Horror Story has been able to work so far (and even that still has issues because RIB can't even sustain a coherent story for one damn season but it's still an improvement over the mess of their other work) because every season is like pressing the re-set button. And in my opinion, that's the only serial style shows they should do. Ones where they're not expected to develop consistent stories and maintain consistent characterizations over multiple seasons because THEY SUCK at it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

You want to show off the importance of the arts in school? Then show where those who participated in performing arts activities go in their post high school lives. Whether they go on to some type of performance careers or whatever, show how the arts had such a positive influence in their lives. Not by dragging these characters kicking and screaming to their old high schools where they are trapped for the rest of their lives.

We should know by now that Ryan Murphy talks out of both sides of his mouth and his neck too. He didn't have a cohesive theme for the final season all he wanted was to some how get them all back in that choir room. Ryan will say whatever he thinks will sound believable and get him some press. Not like the bullshit he is turning out and turning fans off with!

They had shipped Becky off to college and now she's back, like Damian, or Freddy Krueger or a Cher farewell tour.

Not only that, I just looked, and apparently QUINN and TINA are supporting BECKY's story line.  What the everlasting fuck?  Granted, it means Quinn and Tina get a song, which is good, but really?  I don't know why Becky gets a storyline at all, since the character had become unrelentingly unpleasant toward the end, but it boggles the mind that SHE got the storyline, and not, say, oh, I don't know - anybody else!  Like for instance, say, TINA?  

• Love 2

Not only that, I just looked, and apparently QUINN and TINA are supporting BECKY's story line.  What the everlasting fuck?  Granted, it means Quinn and Tina get a song, which is good, but really?  I don't know why Becky gets a storyline at all, since the character had become unrelentingly unpleasant toward the end, but it boggles the mind that SHE got the storyline, and not, say, oh, I don't know - anybody else!  Like for instance, say, TINA?  

With Tina it's either nothing or she becomes a pathetic fag hag, no soup for her either way

• Love 1

I agree with those who think shorter things are much better for these guys. They flat out say they don't care about things like continuity and blow off complete characterization changes by shrugging and saying people change. It's a terrible way to run a serial tv show. People are still watching in later seasons because they liked the characters and stories they already told. Logical development from that is awesome, but blowing it all up, completely changing personalities or ignoring things you already did on a whim becomes frustrating fast.

What's the point in speculating what Kurt of the past would do in this season's situation? The current one could be a simpering fool following Blaine around like a sad puppy if that's what they need for this version of the "endgame" couple makeup/breakup cycle. Which, yeah, huge issue there too. They seem to only have so many story ideas for any setting and group of characters. Once they run out, it's time to do them again, and again, and again. Only to keep it "fresh" they make each trip through the story somehow more extreme than the last. It's just exhausting and everything you liked about the show and characters is slowly drained away bit by bit.

• Love 1

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-6-episode-4-song-spoilers-the-hurt-locker.htm

Glee Season 6 Episode 4 titled “The Hurt Locker.” Episode 6×04 was written and directed by Ian Brennan.

As far as I know, there are only 4 songs in this 6×04.  Yes, it is an unusually short set list, as there are usually 5 or 6 songs in every Glee episode.  As always, if I receive any updates, I’ll let you know!

Max George of The Wanted makes his debut in this episode. He plays Clint, the leader of Vocal Adrenaline.

Glee Season 6 Episode 4 Song Spoilers Setlist:

“Bitch” by Meredith Brooks – Sung by Sue Sylvester
    “A Thousand Miles” – by Vanessa Carlton – Sung by Rachel and Sam
    “Rock Lobster” – by B52s – Sung by Clint and Vocal Adrenaline
    “Whip It” – by Devo – Sung by Clint and Vocal Adrenaline

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-6-spoilers-episode-4-the-hurt-locker.htm

Glee Season 6 Spoilers Episode 4 – “The Hurt Locker”

For “The Hurt Locker” song spoilers, Click This Link!  The episode is written and directed by Ian Brennan

I managed to get my hands on more Glee Season 6 spoilers. Next up, is Episode 4, titled “The Hurt Locker.” The action centers around Principal Sue Sylvester and her ongoing manipulations. Some of her schemes are what you’d expect. Some others…not so much! Could Sue be the savior of your favorite ship? Read on to find out!

Glee 6×04 features Kurt (Chris Colfer), Rachel (Lea Michele), Blaine (Darren Criss), Sam (Chord Overstreet), and the New Directions newbies– Roderick, Mason & Madison and Jane (Spencer is not in this episode). As far as I know, Mercedes, Artie, Quinn, Puck, Santana, Brittany and Tina, have left Lima. Figgins and Becky make appearances.
    Clint, the leader of Vocal Adrenaline, is introduced. He’s played by The Wanted’s Max George.
    Sue organizes a last minute glee “invitational” at McKinley in order to break the spirit of the fledgling New Directions.  Vocal Adrenaline and the Warblers are invited. They all assemble at McKinley for rehearsal.
    Rachel asks Will to throw the invitational, otherwise her kids will be demoralized. Since it’s not a real competition, Will agrees. Also. It’s Glee and he has a soft spot.  Blaine is also asked, but he refuses.
    Sue hypnotizes Sam to do her bidding. She suggests that he lead Rachel on romantically, which culminates in a kiss between the two. Rachel feels something and asks Sam out on a date. Only, he was in a trance when he kissed her and doesn’t remember it. Sam declines. Mostly because, he says, he’s still in love with Mercedes.
    Blaine gives Rachel and Sam piano lessons.
    Sue is not happy that Kurt and Blaine broke up. She schemes to get them back together: The Karofsky/Blaine apartment is invaded by a bear cub, sent by Sue.  During a date night at Breadstix, the restaurant is filled with the many men Karofsky has dated, courtesy of Sue.  Karofsky and Blaine are 3rd cousins, according to Sue’s ancestry research. Kurt is aware of her manipulations and is annoyed.
    When Sue learns that Will plans to go easy on Rachel at the Invitational, she tattles to the Carmel High Principal. Clint and Vocal Adrenaline find out, and demand that Will resign.
    Under Sue’s hypnosis, Sam steals Will’s mail. When Will catches him, Sam claims that Rachel put him up to it and is out to get Will. Upset, Will decides VA will go full-throttle at the Invitational.
    Kurt and Blaine have a one on one moment. Kurt reveals that he’s about to go on a first date with a guy he met online. Blaine feels a twinge of regret. He realizes that Kurt really IS the love of his life, but he keeps that thought to himself.  However, he does share with Kurt that Sue’s schemes gave him second thoughts about his relationship with Karofsky.
    When Kurt finally meets his date, he realizes the man he had been talking to on the telephone is in his 50s, with kids, just out of a marriage to a woman. Kurt is freaked out, but the man turns out to be sweet and good looking. They agree to go out again, but to begin as friends.

*If you use my spoilers I would like a credit as mjsbigblog.com AND a link bank. Thanks a bunch!

These spoilers sound like Glee is trying to get back to the 'wacky' dark comedy of season 1. Is it just me who has found absolutely nothing even remotely funny. Honestly is just makes Sue look like a sociopath who needs psychiatric help. Why does a grown woman give a shit whether the glee club succeeds, why does she care if Kurt and Blaine broke up? And emotionally manipulating a young woman who has dated since the love of her life died is just horrible.

• Love 1

Kurt "dating" an older man is the things that offends me the least, oddly. One, that an older man would find Kurt attractive enough to meet and second, because there is something really sad about a man who lived his whole life in a lie and is finally coming out. Of course, having kids that are probably as old (or older) than Kurt can be problematic, but it could be fun if the relationship progressed and Kurt gets to scandalize everyone.

And of course.... Blaine recognizes that Kurt is the love of his life and questions being with Dave. Because he apparently did so much soul searching and introspection before getting into a new relationship after the end of his engagement and moving in with his hew "boyfriend". Explain to me again why I'm supposed to want to see him and Kurt get back together...

Rachel, of course, wants to take the easy path by getting the other choirs to throw the competition so that her kids can get an easy win. The hell with them actually learning and rising to meet a real challenge, the win is what matters. Will, being the dunce who could never say "no" to Rachel of course gives in until he doesn't. Sue's manipulations are just idiotic. Sam is just an idiot.

Why am I still watching this crap?

I actually think the Will part of the spoilers make sense. He's just not ruthless, which makes him all wrong for Vocal Adrenaline. It could be interesting if the writers actually explored it.

Rachel, of course, wants to take the easy path by getting the other choirs to throw the competition so that her kids can get an easy win. The hell with them actually learning and rising to meet a real challenge, the win is what matters

Nice spin on the actual spoilers. 

Sue organizes a last minute glee “invitational” at McKinley in order to break the spirit of the fledgling New Directions.

Rachel asks Will to throw the invitational, otherwise her kids will be demoralized. Since it’s not a real competition

Not saying it is the right approach but not sure how those spoilers say she is just doing to get the WIN or that she thinks the win is the main goal here.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

If Rachel has some knowledge that Sue is setting up ND for take a big fall (and I don't think that this is completely clear from the spoilers), then she's trying to engineer a "win". Either way, it does these kids a disservice. They're going to face the Warblers and VA in real competitions, with impartial judges (presumably) who aren't going to care about Sue's manipulations or crushing these kids' spirits. Either they're talented enough and ready to face real competition or they're not. Shielding them from possible failure won't help them succeed in the long run. Better to take a fail now, see where they need to improve and build up from there.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Rachel is very failure apprehensive after her experience in LA. She's gotten a taste of what a total failure can do to one's prospects, but if that's the case, it would be Rachel putting her issues on these kids.

I'm going to start calling Blaine the Weather Vane because he just shifts in whatever direction the wind is blowing at that particular moment. He's all for moving on with his own life and not just dating, but moving in with someone else only months after his engagement to Kurt ends. But the instant that Kurt shows any inclination that just maybe he's moving on from Blaine, then all of a sudden Blaine is back to thinking that Kurt is his soul mate and that being with Dave is a mistake. He is so completely shallow and devoid of the ability for real introspection that I want Kurt to have a real relationship with this supposedly good looking and sweet older man. Because he deserves so much more than an impulsive child who can't get his own head straightened out enough to know what he really wants.

If Rachel has some knowledge that Sue is setting up ND for take a big fall (and I don't think that this is completely clear from the spoilers), then she's trying to engineer a "win". Either way, it does these kids a disservice. They're going to face the Warblers and VA in real competitions, with impartial judges (presumably) who aren't going to care about Sue's manipulations or crushing these kids' spirits. Either they're talented enough and ready to face real competition or they're not. Shielding them from possible failure won't help them succeed in the long run. Better to take a fail now, see where they need to improve and build up from there.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Rachel is very failure apprehensive after her experience in LA. She's gotten a taste of what a total failure can do to one's prospects, but if that's the case, it would be Rachel putting her issues on these kids.

I am just saying her intentions seem to be good here she may be going about it the wrong way but it doesn't seem to be as you imply she is doing ti for the WIN.

Why can't she just once get some credit for trying at least????

Well all the people who love writing and reading age kink fanfics featuring Kurt should be happy. I don't read fanfics, never really been my thing but I hear that one is very popular. Also, maybe Chris Colfer will enjoy it as one of the more out there ideas he had for Kurt. I heard something about his wanting Kurt to date a teacher once and he had some idea that was so out there he never publicly talked about it but stated he ran it by the writers some years ago. And hey, maybe an older guy would be perfect for Kurt. I'm sure the writers can use it to highlight how the guy is mature and knows who he is and what he wants something that can't be said for Blaine the guy since S4 they've turned into a weak, whiny, confused, clingy mess. 

And of course, as predicted they go "the Kurt move on so we can now switch to Blaine pining" and the same storyline that they spent four episodes showing. Guess they get props for Kurt's new interest not being the new gay kid. Of course there are still more episodes to go. I also love how in all Sue's caring about Kurt and Blaine not being together which makes zero sense and all her Blaine and Karofsky breaking up schemes, I doubt they will have her mention the obvious, "you're banging someone who tortured and threatened your ex who you once called the love of your life. That  is fucked up and twisted." But alas, viewers are supposed to conveniently pretend that never happened or it's not fucked up and gross, so can't have that being mentioned. 

And so as suspected, they're going the Rachel and Sam route. Well who didn't see that coming. Sam is after all the convenient boyfriend for any girl who currently does not have one. By the way, among all that nonsensical, batshit stuff, the Blaine gives piano lessons to Sam and Rachel just seem so random because it's probably one of the only normal things there in that whole mess. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

And so as suspected, they're going the Rachel and Sam route. Well who didn't see that coming. Sam is after all the convenient boyfriend for any girl who currently does not have one. By the way, among all that nonsensical, batshit stuff, the Blaine gives piano lessons to Sam and Rachel just seem so random because it's probably one of the only normal things there in that whole mess. 

But are they really?  Sam shoots her down because he still likes Mercedes.  

Blaine giving them a  lesson is clearly a way to get them to sing while he plays the piano.  Not sure why they need Blaine there.  Where is Brad?    

Sam shoots her down because he still likes Mercedes.

Yeah but how long will that last? Brittany still loved Santana before she ended up dating Sam and with Mercedes likely making brief appearances, it will be all too easy to write about her meeting someone and moving on to facilitate Sam's moving on.

• Love 1

Yeah but how long will that last? Brittany still loved Santana before she ended up dating Sam and with Mercedes likely making brief appearances, it will be all too easy to write about her meeting someone and moving on to facilitate Sam's moving on.

But nothing about this date or kiss was real.  It is a really odd way to start  something they would want us to want. 

I think it is odd enough that Rachel's first steps towards dating again she will get shot down but then  he also lies about her to Mr Shue and then we are suppose to want Sam and Rachel to be together?

Or is this more punishment for  Rachel for  her early success?

It is a really odd way to start  something they would want us to want.

This is Glee we're talking about. Nothing makes sense and at this point, nothing seems odd for those shitty ass writers. This is the show where supposedly Blaine and Kurt are endgame and they break them up to have Blaine date the guy who tormented and emotionally and physically abused Kurt. And I don't think they see anything wrong with that. My guess is they'll play the whole hypnotism thing for laughs and it will all set up for Rachel to pine for a bit before Sam realizes he likes her too. 

• Love 1

This is Glee we're talking about. Nothing makes sense and at this point, nothing seems odd for those shitty ass writers. This is the show where supposedly Blaine and Kurt are endgame and they break them up to have Blaine date the guy who tormented and emotionally and physically abused Kurt. And I don't think they see anything wrong with that. My guess is they'll play the whole hypnotism thing for laughs and it will all set up for Rachel to pine for a bit before Sam realizes he likes her too. 

I know I know,  still after all this time I try to use logic or at least common sense.  I just can't help myself.

Well, Rachel's absolutely shit taste in men seems intact. They seem determined to cement her status as newly minted Lima Loser by having her pine for the guy you literally dated every single girl in his ND group (including a lesbian). And oh goodie... a pointless Daleastreet scene to remind us of the epic anti-chemistry that these three have together.

The idea of Kurt and his older date is growing on me. Chris did say that he wanted Kurt to get involved with a teacher, so he should be having fun with this. And older men date girls much younger than they are all the time. Michael Douglas is 25 years older than Catherine Zeta-Jones. Kurt has always had an old soul and I can easily see why he would be attractive to an older man. He would see Kurt as a means to recapture the youth that he should have had, and Kurt would be the kind of guy that he would have been attracted to when he was younger. And dating someone older should not be taken as any indication that Kurt can’t get someone his own age. It’s actually a badge of honor that he’s too mature for guys his own age and that an older man would find him attractive and interesting enough to want to meet.

They can be good for one another in at least the short term. And it would be entertaining as all hell to see Kurt involved (even casually) with someone who’s probably older than his own father and who has kids who are as old as Kurt. Let them go out and scandalize all of Lima. We could watch Burt’s head explode and Blaine turn into a puddle of moping goo. And if the guy is well off, then Kurt may have found himself a sugar daddy! He could be the trophy boyfriend!

• Love 1

The spoilers that annoy me the most are Rachel asking Will to throw the invitational and Will agreeing.  Rachel's heart seems to be in the right place but that is just a bad way to run the club and Will agreeing is even a worse way to run his club.  He may have a soft spot for ND but VA is his club now and those are the kids he needs to support. 

As for Sam & Rachel, best case scenario is that it is used to show Rachel is ready to start dating again.   Worst case, for me, is that it is the start of their romance. 

Really I hope that is the end of them but they will ALWAYS annoy me because Sam was brought on as Finn 2.0 in season 2 and I feel like TPTB are simply slotting Sam in because Finn is not there.  The characters are not interchangeable no matter what RM and team think.  By the by if I am right and that isn't the end of them that is how Rachel will end up staying in Lima. 

I actually like that Kurt dates a much older guy (as it is something new for this show) but as predicted Kurt dating again is just a way to turn the tables so Blaine is pining.

Edited by camussie
epic anti-chemistry that these three have together.

Not a fan but we haven't even had a scene with just these 3 before .

But chances are little Lea can only shoulder so much of the acting here.

Edited by tom87

I changed my post to invitational but it isn't that he agrees to host the invitational, he agrees to "go easy" on ND.  Sure it isn't as bad as throwing a competition but I still don't think it is justifiable at all.  I don't care how soft of a spot he has, the kids he is responsible to now are the kids at VA.

• Love 1

Well all the people who love writing and reading age kink fanfics featuring Kurt should be happy. I don't read fanfics, never really been my thing but I hear that one is very popular. Also, maybe Chris Colfer will enjoy it as one of the more out there ideas he had for Kurt. I heard something about his wanting Kurt to date a teacher once and he had some idea that was so out there he never publicly talked about it but stated he ran it by the writers some years ago. And hey, maybe an older guy would be perfect for Kurt. I'm sure the writers can use it to highlight how the guy is mature and knows who he is and what he wants something that can't be said for Blaine the guy since S4 they've turned into a weak, whiny, confused, clingy mess. 

I think Chris had in mind something of the Ricky Martin variety when he said that about Kurt and a teacher. The writers continue to throw anything they can into the fan and it comes out crap. A 50 yr old going after 22 yr olds - he either had a fake/very old profile picture, or he didn't have a pic but lied / led people on about his age, and Kurt didn't bother figuring out what kind of guy he's going on a blind date with?? I'd like to see how they will try to sell that as sweet and mature.

As for Sam & Rachel, best case scenario is that it is used to show Rachel is ready to start dating again.   Worst case, for me, is that it is the start of their romance.

Rachel was so definitive last season that the Sam thing was a momentary thing, that should've been a clue the writers are gonna turn it on its head. They keep giving their characters defining resolutions and then keep scrapping them for a fresh round of wtf-ness. Anyway, the Rachel-Sam kiss treatment reminds me of the BIOTA kiss with Blaine so I think it may just be for this episode. I'm looking for small mercies.

a pointless Daleastreet scene to remind us of the epic anti-chemistry that these three have together.

Brace up for all the #DaLeaStreet tweets from this trio, you know they're coming. Anything to keep Sam relevant. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I gotta say I find 50 year olds going after kids still in college (how old is Kurt now? Like, barely 20?) creepy as hell. In straight and in gay couples. Michael Douglas is much older than CZJ, but she was almost thirty when she met him, which is makes it much better IMO.

Kurt is only just not a teenager anymore and still in college. I tend to question old men who are so interested in boys that look like they could be their own sons and couldn't possibly relate to them on many levels. In my experience those men like to be adored and worshipped without being questioned or criticised so they take this young, more inexperienced (both with relationships and life in general) partner.

Are we sure this isn't another twisted RM fantasy? Maybe the old guy will have no hair and wear weird hats?

And Rachel/Sam, really? Ugh. I guess at this point they really want Sam to have dated every single female character of his glee club by the end of the show's run.

• Love 3

Kurt feels too young to be engaged, but bring on the 50+ year old man who just left his wife and two kids!

So, who in the production just wants to believe he'd have a shot with Colfer?

• Love 1

The parallels continue. Wasn't Rachel originally supposed to date an older guy in season 5? Seems Kurt gets that now. Klaine really are the new Finchel. There's no way they're tossing Klaine them back together until the last episode. That's unfortunate as the character destruction won't end all season. We're going to be in store for plenty more since there's half a season more left.

Also, I don't see attracting an older partner as some kind of badge of honor. Kurt is young and hot. Look at every cliche of a mid-life crisis out there who wants to feel young again by dating somebody young. This guy missed his own youth because of the wife/closet/kids, so now he's living it out through Kurt even if they do only start as friends. His history makes this harder to sell as anything substantial because the guy clearly has massive, massive baggage. That's hardly a good thing for Kurt. Kurt is also still a NYADA student headed back to NYC within a few months, so guy with kids is just a terrible idea even without the wife and lifetime of being closeted baggage.

I agree with everybody else on the online dating being crazy. There are colleges all over the place around Ohio with gay scenes. There are clubs and bars if he goes to slightly bigger cities. He's a good looking guy. There's just no reason he'd need or want to go online to date (or speed dating in NYC). Meeting people isn't that hard at 20-something. They just don't want Kurt to have a real threat of a mid-game any more than Blaine so the Klainers keep watching for their 45 second reunion in the final episode.  I can't imagine how that's worth it. I really wish they'd toss the entire idea of them reuniting and let both guys move on to healthier relationships without more baggage than your average 747.

• Love 2

I changed my post to invitational but it isn't that he agrees to host the invitational, he agrees to "go easy" on ND. Sure it isn't as bad as throwing a competition but I still don't

think it is justifiable at all. I don't care how soft

of a spot he has, the kids he is responsible to

now are the kids at VA.

It's not the correct thing to do obviously, but I actually like the conflict. One of Will's character traits is that he wants everybody to feel good about themselves. Since it isn't even a real competition, I understand why he agrees to throw it. Both he and Rachel do the wrong thing for the right reasons, and that's interesting and sympathetic to me. That doesn't make it justifiable

As for Will he should have been told Quinn the only reason he allowed her to stay in Glee club is because they need 12 people. And don't mistake his concern for the Glee club having the requisite number to qualify for regionals as being okay with her part on Terri's baby lie. He will never be okay with that.

And this is why the fallout over the half-second kiss Finn and Emma shared never clicked. Quinn got a free pass for helping Terri to lie, but Emma leaves the wedding over doubts and insecurities she had well before that happened and now Finn is the devil? Hell, Finn willingly fessed up to that, which is more than I remember Quinn doing.

I could see Will being more angry at the adults in both of those situations, but it's just another example of inconsistent writing.

It's not the correct thing to do obviously, but I actually like the conflict. One of Will's character traits is that he wants everybody to feel good about themselves.

But what about the VA kids feeling good about themselves?  Do they not count because McKinley is where he got his start?  Since they decided to put Will at VA they should at least have him act like the coach of VA and put those kids first over the pleadings of a former student and nostalgia about where he got his start as a glee club coach (which to me is not the right reason to throw his VA kids under the bus).  It annoys me for Will how bad I think this makes him look.  At least when he was screwed up while coaching ND I could always say he truly cared about those kids.  With this spoiler I can't say the same about how he views his VA kids.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

But what about the VA kids feeling good about themselves?  Do they not count because McKinley is where he got his start?  Since they decided to put Will at VA they should at least have him act like the coach of VA and put those kids first over the pleadings of a former student and nostalgia about where he got his start as a glee club coach (which to me is not the right reason to throw his VA kids under the bus).  It annoys me for Will how bad I think this makes him look.  At least when he was screwed up while coaching ND I could always say he truly cared about those kids.  With this spoiler I can't say the same about how he views his VA kids.

I think that Wills story of the season will be him realising that he doesn't belong with VA ( which was predictable since that plot was first introduced in " New Directions ") and will eventually take over ND from Rachael/Kurt. With that in mind I like this spoiler for Will, yes it's flawed that he would ignore his own students, but his heart will always be with ND. It fits his character.

But what about the VA kids feeling good about themselves? Do they not count because McKinley is where he got his start? Since they decided to put Will at VA they should at least

have him act like the coach of VA and put those

kids first over the pleadings of a former student

and nostalgia about where he got his start as a

glee club coach (which to me is not the right

reason to throw his VA kids under the bus). It

annoys me for Will how bad I think this makes

him look. At least when he was screwed up

while coaching ND I could always say he truly

cared about those kids. With this spoiler I can't

say the same about how he views his VA

kids.

I think the VA kids probably ALREADY feel good about themselves. They've never lacked confidence before. They 've always kind of been portrayed as soulless automatons too. I'm not saying it's the right thing for a teacher to do. I'm just saying that I get it. This story line is obviously going to have consequences anyway, so I won't judge Will or Rachel too harshly before I actually see it play out. I think I'd be more irritated if it was a real competition tbh.

With that in mind I like this spoiler for Will, yes it's flawed that he would ignore his own students, but his heart will always be with ND. It fits his character.

Which means his character is remarkably sucky.  The kids in VA deserve to be coached and to perform and to compete as much as any other kids.  Why should Will have some weird affinity for students whom he hasn't even met just because they walk through the doors of McKinley High versus anywhere else?  And if he can only give his all to students who are oh-so-fortunate enough to go to McKinley, maybe the real arc of his story should be realizing how terribly, terribly ill-suited he is to the education profession.

I guess TPTB want to show how very important the arts are, but only to 12 ficticious kids who go to the magical McKinley High and only while they're going to the magical McKinley High.  After that, well, meh.

• Love 5

I feel like we're jumping the gun because we have no idea how any of this is going to be resolved. I realize that most people dislike Will, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. There's no way that there won't be a lesson in here for him somewhere.

Also, this doesn 't excuse his actions AT ALL, but I think the writers probably don't want us to care about the VA kids. These spoilers kind of hint at that anyway. Sloppy writing all around, but I'll take this any day over the Klaine fiasco.

Edited by Sara2009