Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Can we somehow make this the spoiler topic title? Because it totally fits.

Klaine is for sure endgame. They are the king couple for dysfunctional relationship and that's pretty much the only type of romance Glee serves. At this point, the only normal relationship that we can hardly call abnormal on this show is Will/Emmas and thats because one of the counterparts of that relationship if offscreen. When they were both onscreen, it was pretty much a Glee standard romance. So yes, the spoilers indicate that Klaine will be together forever and they will probably ride off on a unicorn at the end of their wedding. 

its glee show Kurt will be wearing  a rainbow suit while Blaine has on  a classic tux.

So everybody sticks around their old high school to prop up kids they never knew and Klaine get more disgusting by the day. Seems like Glee's idea of how to stage a "comeback" season. It's only episode three. They think they can clean them both off after Kurt goes for a spin on whatever dick they find for him to force himself onto for the middle few episodes and still make it fine by the end. Blaine probably has to cry too. My money's still on gay jock kid in spite of the sex offender laws in Ohio making it really extra illegal. Who cares if it means he can never have a career because it's so edgy and might get social media talking.

This is epic romance in their minds. Rachel was happily shacked up with a gigolo no strings style back when she was endgame style slated for Finn. This is kind of nothing in their book. They want the lows because they think it makes the highs more epic instead of hard to understand how those crazy people got there when they clearly are horrible for each other. I don't think a one of them could find a functional relationship if they tried. I sure wouldn't want to be in their idea of one.

Brittana might get out of this okay, but equal odds Santana falls for a guy and Brittany dies in some kind of circus-related accident. They actively hate those fans. They've made no secret of it. This is too early to celebrate there.

Edited by ThatThingYouDo
  • Love 1

Yes now the lighting guy from Glee who you normally can't get to shut up about some of the cast seems to be upset just a tad bit with MJ!

Joaquin Sedillo
‏@JOAQUINSEDILLO
Stop reading the spoilers.  Stop reading the spoilers.  Stop reading the spoilers. #JOAQUINthegleeDP

It just keeps getting better and better. What a full blown circus this last season is becoming. 

Edited by Ann Mack

Can we somehow make this the spoiler topic title? Because it totally fits.

Klaine is for sure endgame. They are the king

couple for dysfunctional relationship and that's

pretty much the only type of romance Glee

serves. At this point, the only normal relationship

that we can hardly call abnormal on this show is

Will/Emmas and thats because one of the

counterparts of that relationship if offscreen.

When they were both onscreen, it was pretty

much a Glee standard romance. So yes, the

spoilers indicate that Klaine will be together

forever and they will probably ride off on a

unicorn at the end of their wedding.

Even on screen they were better than this(with the possible exception of season 2.) At least their struggles were fairly realistic by this

show's standards. Heck, even Finchel at their

worst were better than this, and that's saying something.

This Klaine stuff is beyond the pale, though. It's not just dysfunctional. It's destroying everything that people ever liked about the relationship.

Edited by Sara2009

He needs to just ignore everyone .. some examples of a tweets he is getting..

@JOAQUINSEDILLO Pls...ppl in the fandom are threatening to kill themselves over Blainofsky. Ppl are self harming :( Dont the writers care?

@JOAQUINSEDILLO I know you're trying to help, unfortunately there are people out there truly triggered by this. It's really really bad.

@JOAQUINSEDILLO hello, can someone stop the leaks or say something bc people are self-harming over the Glee spoilers. Please.

@JOAQUINSEDILLO It's just that everything out there feels like a personal attack on #Klaine fans who were always the most dedicated fanbase.

Rachel was happily shacked up with a gigolo no strings style back when she was endgame style slated for Finn. This is kind of nothing in their book.

Except two things - one, Finn didn't have a very ugly, traumatic history with Brody. Brody was just a guy Rachel met at college and she got involved with him after Finn dumped her at a train station when she thought she was going to a wedding and vanished without a phone call for the whole summer.  Two, she didn't know about Brody's being a gigolo and things promptly ended between them after that. For some reason, the Kurt/Blaine issues have always seemed a bit worse since S4. 

I remember reading many comments by fans who shipped the pairing who were trying to explain to people why they were so upset when the breakup happened in S4. As many noted, it wasn't that they broke up they had a problem with because with them in different locations, many expected it. It was the WAY the writers had them break up with Blaine consciously making the decision to have sex with some guy he met online whose name he didn't even know. The entire thing was completely gross. And when you look at other pairings, it's true no one had a situation that horrible save for the Quinn/Puck/Finn mess but that's just it, Finn and Rachel were the endgame couple so you weren't supposed to root for Quinn.  So her banging Puck and lying about it was all in service for their endgame couple of Finn and Rachel. Not so with Kurt and Blaine. 

And now this. It's not that they have broken up AGAIN because apparently they couldn't stand living with each other AGAIN but it's that the best person the writers deemed for Blaine to move on with is the guy who tormented and tortured Kurt to the point that he was the impetus for Kurt transferring to Dalton where he and Blaine got even closer. Like the whole thing is just so bizarrely twisted and fucked up there are simply no words. As for that Joaquin guy, he's been saying that same "don't listen to the spoilers" crap since the first rumors about Blaine and Karofksy being a couple came out. Thing is, unless the spoilers all turn out to be one giant fake, there's no way for this not to be awful. So unless he's saying they're not true then the storylines and the show is shit. I don't care how much some people may say spoilers are just snippets of an episode and seeing it play out is different - bullshit. Since probably S3 of this show, everything expected to be shitty has been shitty. 

• Love 2

This truly seems to be a case of people confusing fiction with reality. How do you get yourself to a point were you would harm yourself over some fictional characters? I know some people are fragile and they do cling to TV shows as their foundation and grasp of reality but really what is he (Joaquin) suppose to do? Blogging is this woman's business, she is not going to stop. I am really at a loss for words that some "fans" are taking this so personally. This is why some times I take objection to some of the Glee cast feeding their delusions because you never know what a fan can separate as real and not real. But I know at the same time they want to encourage fans to continue to tune in, it truly is a catch 22. Most Glee fans at one time or another have had their ships ripped away from them, maybe its me but I truly just do not understand how someone releasing "spoilers" for a show can drive someone to self inflict harm. None of these spoilers have been confirmed and if they are well I can only speak for myself here, its only a show! Something will come along and replace it, the actors will become other characters, and Glee will be archived until its or if its picked up for syndication. I truly hope no one is actually doing harm to themselves but is using social media simply as a means to try to encourage the show to release "spoilers" that they prefer and not what has been give thus far. Truly, truly hope no one has taken such drastic measures as to harm themselves over Glee!

Edited by Ann Mack

Honestly,  I wouldn't pay that much attention to those tweets. Sure there are some people who truly lose sense of the difference between fiction and reality and honestly you can find that stuff in many fandoms. I mean you don't want to hear the stories about people who ship the actors on Supernatural or the days of Harry Potter shipping. However, they are in the minority and instead the majority of these types of comments come from people who just love being melodramatic, especially on social media, particularly for the attention it brings. 

I almost find that as troubling that you are would lie and try to get attention in that way.

Oh you must not follow many fandoms on social media. I have heard stories of people faking illnesses, dead and/or dying family member to get attention from favorite singer, actor, other people in the fandom, etc. The above stuff is actually tame.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I do not get it either. If you are self harming over this now  just by spoiler what would they do if they didn't know and saw it on screen first without any warning.

And I can't put the blame on the cast or even the writers. It is there job to promote and tell a story.  They can't be responsible for how people take it.

that are also a lot of people who just love being melodramatic,

I almost find that as troubling that you are would lie and try to get attention in that way.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Oh you must not follow many fandoms on social media. I have heard stories of people faking illnesses, dead and/or dying family member to get attention from favorite singer, actor, other people in the fandom, etc. The above stuff is actually tame.

I really don't. I normally interact on Twitter with people who like what I like but I don't do fandoms. I went into the Glee fandom a couple of times but it seems most of the fans in it were completely missing the point of the show. It was mostly ship wars and people saying really nasty, mean and distasteful things about the actors who played the fictional character because they didn't like this or that about where the story line was going. I really don't have time for hating on an actual human being because of the way some writers write for that character. I can understand disliking a character but the hate (and yes it was hate) directed at the actor(s) is not necessary in my opinion.

Yeah shipping wars can get incredibly ugly and nasty. Again, you don't want to hear the stories from the Harry Potter days. As for the stuff about disliking the actors and the hateful stuff, hey, you get no argument from me as I've always maintained any issues the show have should be laid at where it deserves to be - the writers. 

• Love 1

Except two things - one, Finn didn't have a very ugly, traumatic history with Brody. Brody was just a guy Rachel met at college and she got involved with him after Finn dumped her at a

train station when she thought she was going to

a wedding and vanished without a phone call for

the whole summer. Two, she didn't know about

Brody's being a gigolo and things promptly

ended between them after that. For some

reason, the Kurt/Blaine issues have always

seemed a bit worse since S4.

I remember reading many comments by fans who shipped the pairing who were trying to explain to people why they were so upset when the breakup happened in S4. As many noted, it wasn't that they broke up they had a problem

with because with them in different locations,

many expected it. It was the WAY the writers

had them break up with Blaine consciously

making the decision to have sex with some guy

he met online whose name he didn't even know.

The entire thing was completely gross. And

when you look at other pairings, it's true no one

had a situation that horrible save for the

Quinn/Puck/Finn mess but that's just it, Finn and

Rachel were the endgame couple so you weren't

supposed to root for Quinn. So her banging

Puck and lying about it was all in service for

their endgame couple of Finn and Rachel. Not

so with Kurt and Blaine.

And now this. It's not that they have broken up AGAIN because apparently they couldn't stand living with each other AGAIN but it's that the best person the writers deemed for Blaine to move on with is the guy who tormented and

tortured Kurt to the point that he was the

impetus for Kurt transferring to Dalton where he

and Blaine got even closer. Like the whole thing

is just so bizarrely twisted and fucked up there

are simply no words. As for that Joaquin guy,

he's been saying that same "don't listen to the

spoilers" crap since the first rumors about Blaine

and Karofksy being a couple came out. Thing is,

unless the spoilers all turn out to be one giant

fake, there's no way for this not to be awful. So

unless he's saying they're not true then the

storylines and the show is shit. I don't care how

much some people may say spoilers are just

snippets of an episode and seeing it play out is

different - bullshit. Since probably S3 of this

show, everything expected to be shitty has been

shitty.

This is nitpicking since it doesn't change your over all, but I think Will/Terri were just as bad as Finn/Quinn.

Another problem with Klaine is that I haven't felt love from them for quite awhile. As dysfunctional as ALL the endgame pairings could be at times, I could at the very least believe their love for each other. I can't do that with Klaine anymore.

Speaking strictly as a Kurt fan, I am laughing my ass off at these spoilers. And way to make Blaine look like the asshole - that he's able to move on so quickly from "the love of his life" to a new beau (who used to torture the love of his life). Am hoping that this is the final nail in the Klaine coffin. Kurt is finally seeing Blaine for what he really is and what the real depth of his love for Kurt really was (probably not much deeper than the average kiddy pool).

And I'm okay with Kurt getting to go through major heartache here. They didn't show it to us after Blaine's cheating (since they were too busy focusing on Blaine and his "woe is me I'm a bad person and don't deserve nice things" pity party. Chris is going to be amazing in this and I want to see Kurt upset over all this. He took the Grease Stain back, accepted his marriage proposal, bent over backwards to help him in New York and he gets put aside only a few weeks later. He has every right to feel upset that Blaine could move on from him so quickly.

I am delighted to be getting so much Kurt-centric drama, even if it's heartache for him. Chris has been starved of good material for so long and he can be amazing in scenes like this. And if it makes Blaine the bad guy? So much the better.

I hope that this starts to push Kurt to start breaking away from Lima and everyone here. These are his old high school friends, but they really aren't good for him. What I wouldn't give for him to start putting all of this and these people in the past where he can remember them fondly but start focusing his life in New York. It's clear that none of them are really in his corner and he deserves so much more.

• Love 1

I won't be able to help but laugh if out of all the characters it's Brittany and Santana that end up happily married together before everyone else (besides Will and Emma).  Though tbh I've always thought they've been the only two characters who would actually make sense getting married.  Everyone else has too much crap between them to make sense being in a healthy life-long relationship.

• Love 1

They're not going to let Kurt out if this without some kind of tie to Klaine. Don't fool yourself. It's comeback season. They're going to go back at the end and probably really hard with a wedding, kid and whatever else they can come up with before they have to leave because that .6 isn't airable unless you're the CW and even they beat it sometimes.

They're not going to let Kurt out if this without some kind of tie to Klaine. Don't fool yourself. It's comeback season. They're going to go back at the end and probably really hard with a wedding, kid and whatever else they can come up with before they have to leave because that .6 isn't airable unless you're the CW and even they beat it sometimes.

Fox shows aren't burning up the ratings. 

Utopia - .08

New girl - 1.3

Mindy - 1.0

Red Band Society 1.0

Well, those Brittana spoilers are certainly something.  Although as the wise among us say, "Lower your expectations!"   I hope that Santana's barrage of insults is of the entertaining variety, and not like those where the writers go too far and it's just unpleasant.  (Yes, I know, it's asking a lot)  I'm also happy so many of the originals are back for these two episodes - there's something about all of them together that makes the show more entertaining, even when I know it really isn't.

So:  I agree that although it's ridiculous, the Glee writers will bring back Klaine before the end of the show, in lieu of Finchel.  But it really stretches the imagination (even the Glee writers, I would hope) to think that after Blaine has moved in with Karokfsky, Blaine and Kurt can make it to the altar by the end of the show.  What if it's a Brittana wedding, and the Klaine reconciliation - which they'll be working on through the season - is capped with them officially reuniting in the last episode?  RBI would get a gay wedding AND Klaine.  Too reasonable?

Or the nightmare scenario (for Brittana fans) - it's a planned Brittana wedding, but (as per ThatThingYouDo) Santana gets cold feet and runs off with man and Brittany leaves for the circus, where she'll die in a knife-throwing incident -- and Kurt and Blaine step in and get married instead!

I won't be able to help but laugh if out of all the characters it's Brittany and Santana that end up happily married together before everyone else (besides Will and Emma). Though tbh I've always thought they've been the only two characters who would actually make sense getting married. Everyone else has too much crap between them to make sense being in a healthy life-long relationship.

By the standards of this show Brittana have a healthy relationship. But I think them getting married is an awful ending for Santana, Brittany is a small town loser, and honestly when they're together Santana comes over as more of a carer than a girlfriend. Marriage would just cement that all she thinks she's good for is looking after Brittany.

By the standards of this show Brittana have a healthy relationship. 

By the standards of this show every last girl who lost her v-card to somebody else on it is healthy and endgame unless they were shown to regret it or made a rape joke. Because lesbians, lol aliens and boys they didn't even like until retcon after death. Also, for the sake of this explanation Kurt is a girl as usual. They keep going there no matter how "progressive" they claim to be. They just can't see past the voice and the coding as female they did real early. He's going to be punished all season long for his "sins" of thinking about any other boy he might actually like in close quarters as an option. It's going to be hard to take with a full stomach.

I do believe they think this is all funny. Maybe they like tummy tossing. There are weirder fetishes. Please don't google it because I said that. I'm not responsible for the laundry you might have to do after that.

Boys they didn't even like until retcon after death

Don't get this one.  Santana didn't lose her virginity with Finn.  She had slept with Puck long before her and Finn ever had that ONS in the hotel room.  Rachel did but she was in love with him.  

As for current spoilers they just keep getting worse.  It annoyed me in season 4 when the grads would just pop up at McKinley, even though they had lives outside of Lima, and it annoys me now.  

Regarding Kurt & Blaine, given those spoilers, why would I be rooting for them to reconcile?  Twice within a year they couldn't make living together work and they just seem to be dragging each other down (at the very least with Finn/Rachel I can say that he did everything he could to make sure she didn't put her dreams on hold for him).  On top of that I agree with Sara2009 I don't really see a connection between them.  They don't even seem to like each other, let alone love each other.

Edited by camussie
Regarding Kurt & Blaine, given those spoilers, why would I be rooting for them to reconcile?  Twice within a year they couldn't make living together work and they just seem to be dragging each other down.  On top of that I agree with Sara2009 I don't really see a connection between them.  They don't even seem to like each other, let alone love each other.

This is where the writers fail in writing 101.

It's one thing,  even if still fucked up,  to  try to ignore that elephant in the room that

Blaine is fully aware that Karofsky bullied and threatened to kill Kurt previously.  

They most likely will not have anybody bring that up. Not Kurt, Not Blaine and not Karofsky.

The problem is they referred back to the Bullying  in NY in "Tested" when Blaine mentioned it;  so it's not as if they can now  pretend either boys' forgotten. 

So just because nobody mentions it doesn't mean it went away per their own shitty writing.  

Storytelling like that is just a Grade F, simple as that.  Their WTF writing shoots them in the foot  every time and it has nothing to do with whether you ship "Klaine" or think their endgame  or like/dislike the characters of Kurt, Blaine or Karofsky or are indifferent to them.   It simply has to do with crappy, fuckingly bad inconsistent writing that doesn't give a shit about characterization or narrative sense.    The problem is that they tell their story "straight" when the audience can clearly see all the holes.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 4
Storytelling like that is just a Grade F, simple as that.  Their WTF writing shoots them in the foot  every time and it has nothing to do with whether you ship "Klaine" or think their endgame  or like/dislike the characters of Kurt, Blaine or Karofsky or are indifferent to them.   It simply has to do with crappy, fuckingly bad inconsistent writing that doesn't give a shit about characterization or narrative sense.    The problem is that they tell their story "straight" when the audience can clearly see all the holes.

This...this is what I've been saying for seasons now and why I checked out mid-way through S4, barely watched S5 and won't watch one episode of that shitfest when it comes back if someone paid me to. Like I said once back at TWOP, most shows, if not all have their issues, some more than others. However, I can personally look past some flaws in a show that still gives me interesting characters and interesting storylines and more importantly where I can still feel like the writers are trying and actually care about what they're writing.

That more than anything is what has made me just say "forget it" with Glee because I don't get any of that from them. I don't feel like RIB and company give a shit about any of this anymore - not the show, the characters, the viewers, etc. And it's not about shipping a couple since frankly I stopped shipping anything on Glee in S4 when I realized how fruitless an endeavor that was. It's simply wanting the show to respect its audience and characters and tell some stories that make any kind of fucking sense. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Just hit it a as much as you like until you're ready to peace out on a good note as some kind of noble thing because that's what Glee says is endgame, redeeming, and how you recover from fucking that kid up so much with threats he had to change schools to escape you. Good times. Good times. Everybody will know they mean well and want us to like it if the cuter options just fuck some more before the end. Who cares how dropped out of school and fucked their lives got if you say it went okay somehow? Make up an ending that doesn't suck and toss confetti.

Are you nauseous yet? One of the producers tried to go on twitter and get Klainers to donate to his brother because trust them in the end and send money seems like it could work to them. They think it's funny and edgy. Why is everybody running like death is on the menu?

I have to point and laugh. No, that didn't work and the mentions are seriously funny. The brother's social media team had to be crying by the end at what he got tagged in. Their pet fan charity also completely bailed on them and the entire ship because they started hating everything about it. Yes, the box scene people ran away and probably regret the name they're stuck with now. They've broken them all except a few kids left not sure how to deal because they're kids in their first fandom.

• Love 1

Yes now the lighting guy from Glee who you normally can't get to shut up about some of the cast seems to be upset just a tad bit with MJ!

Joaquin Sedillo

‏@JOAQUINSEDILLO

Stop reading the spoilers.  Stop reading the spoilers.  Stop reading the spoilers. #JOAQUINthegleeDP

I still haven't gotten over how dark he shot Veronica Mars since he took over from Mark Piznarski in S2. Scenes looked like shot in a cave compared to Mark P's gorgeous lighting and colors.

I remember reading many comments by fans who shipped the pairing who were trying to explain to people why they were so upset when the breakup happened in S4. As many noted, it wasn't that they broke up they had a problem with because with them in different locations, many expected it. It was the WAY the writers had them break up with Blaine consciously making the decision to have sex with some guy he met online whose name he didn't even know. [..]  And now this. It's not that they have broken up AGAIN because apparently they couldn't stand living with each other AGAIN but it's that the best person the writers deemed for Blaine to move on with is the guy who tormented and tortured Kurt to the point that he was the impetus for Kurt transferring to Dalton where he and Blaine got even closer. Like the whole thing is just so bizarrely twisted and fucked up there are simply no words. 

It's so obvious even from the other side of the galaxy that's the nail in the koffin, and not just that they split. RIB had the foundation in S4 to break them up because they're at different places in their lives, which was a-OK reason. For what they're doing now, twisted is the right word. But Ryan Murphy always writes with a pen dipped in Nip/Tuck and AHS, that's his true sensibility and that's what he can't avoid bringing to his "teen" shows. I remember there was something of it in Popular too.  

The problem is they referred back to the Bullying  in NY in "Tested" when Blaine mentioned it;  so it's not as if they can now  pretend either boys' forgotten. 

So just because nobody mentions it doesn't mean it went away per their own shitty writing.  

I'm not sure if that's just crappy writing without intent. I'm leaning more to it's the twisted mind of RM, and they know what they're doing. The thing is though, they consider this to be fine because Karofsky has been "redeemed", like it makes perfect sense for you ex to rebound with you ex-bully and stalker (who was in creepy love with you) no matter what. 

One of the producers tried to go on twitter and get Klainers to donate to his brother because trust them in the end and send money seems like it could work to them. They think it's funny and edgy. Why is everybody running like death is on the menu?

Do you mean this tweet?

tumblr_nchfd15hVS1r4ezfzo2_500.png

Yeah, warm fuzzy person right there. It's on a par with "close your eyes and think of England". 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

The box scene people bailed on Klaine? Good god

Yeah, I wasn't following very closely, but there was definitely flouncing and trying to rebrand their charity around kids who need scholarships. I don't blame them at all for distancing themselves from what Glee has become. It did happen before season 6 went horrifically off the rails. They've probably been spared trying to deal with all this, but it's kind of a signpost it all went wrong even before they decided to destroy everything for the fun of doing it all again with much more reprehensible people.

Do you mean this tweet?

tumblr_nchfd15hVS1r4ezfzo2_500.png

Yeah, warm fuzzy person right there. It's on a par with "close your eyes and think of England". 

Yeah, just lie back and take it. Think of England. You'll like it if you'd just stop being so uptight.

They're horrible people and see no real problem saying that in public. They're massively tone deaf, and people are starting to notice. They can point and laugh at the few fans left spamming their twitter feeds with hate, but the ratings and future job options won't be nearly as funny. For them. One pilot is already dead because HBO knew better than to hop in bed with these guys. Four for you, HBO.

Edited by penpen
  • Love 1

Who are the box scene people, were they advertisers who sponsored the show, not sure what is meant here probably due to my lack of not knowing who else is still standing with this show outside of Fox who I'm sure by now are wishing they could take back that 2 year renewal!

^I don't know too much about it but IIRC the "box scene people" are Klaine fans who donated money for a charity Brad Falchuk was involved in. A few Klainers coordinated everything and collected the donations from a larger group of other Klainers.

In return of this donation for charity (and this was probably why those Klainers did it in the first place) Glee/Fox released a cut scene from 3x09 (Extraordinary Merry Christmas) of Klaine, a cut scene that fandom by then had named the "box scene", in which Blaine gives Kurt a sort of promise ring made out of candy wrappers at Christmas.

I believe there was already a still released earlier (before the episode aired) of Blaine holding a little jewelbox up in front of Kurt (and that box contained the paper ring, but noone knew that yet at that time: hence the "box scene" name).

If I'm not mistaken there were other 'prizes' given out by Glee/Fox after other donations, like scripts from episodes and such, and this group of Klainers kept donating to get those scripts (for the Klaine scenes of course). They said they were also 'closer' to Brad because of all these donations for his charity.

From what I've seen on tumblr those (admittedly large) donations are often still mentioned by Klainers to claim that Fox/Glee/RIB 'owe' them, and that Klaine is obviously the most popular ship because their fandom raised so much money, and therefore Klaine should not be touched or 'ruined' by the writers.

The "box scene people" are held in high regard in the Klaine fandom because of all of this. If they've bailed on Klaine and are turning their backs to RIB now (when they kept defending the writers the last few seasons, believing that Brad was in their corner because of the charity stuff) then it means that even these hardcore Klainers can't take the Blainofsky/Klaine spoilers crap any longer, have lost their trust/faith in RIB and are abandoning the sinking ship.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about some details and/or mixed things up.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1

By the standards of this show Brittana have a healthy relationship. But I think them getting married is an awful ending for Santana, Brittany is a small town loser, and honestly when they're together Santana comes over as more of a carer than a girlfriend. Marriage would just cement that all she thinks she's good for is looking after Brittany.

From the spoilers, they appear to be working together with Mercedes in showbiz, so their career endeavours appear to be aligned at the moment.

One of the things I find most amusing about this season setup is that the non-regulars are the ones who avoid having to return to Lima as failures (instead, they just come back for visits because of their evidently copious free time).

From the spoilers, they appear to be working together with Mercedes in showbiz, so their career endeavours appear to be aligned at the moment.

I think Santana ending up as Mercedes backing singer is an awful ending for her. Santana's shown to be a smart girl, she should be in college or working towards a great career. And dating women who can form complete sentences that make sense.

I think Santana ending up as Mercedes backing singer is an awful ending for her. Santana's shown to be a smart girl, she should be in college or working towards a great career.

She's only 21.  I don't think she has to "end up" as a backup singer.  It's a place to start.  As for being in college, that ship sailed (having her go back to university after giving up on UofL because she hated it would just make her look like she was wasting her time, and money), and in the show pretty much the only valid careers are entertainment ones (and Puck joining the army).

The creators of this show have been the writers on a good many of the episodes so it isn't "their" writers who couldn't sustain a good story.  It is them.  Also I wouldn't say Kurt or Rachel are more complex than most characters.  It is just RM and team are simply incompetent when it comes to sustaining a narrative over multiple seasons.  They proved that with almost every character on this show.  

Edited by camussie

The strength of some characters (most notably Rachel, Kurt, Sue, Will, Santana and Finn), I believe, is 99.9% due to the strength of the actors who played those characters. The writing for every character, across the board, has been crap and everyone suffered from anything from inconsistency to outright assassination, but the stronger actors have been able to mitigate the damage to their characters to some degree. The ones who suffered the worst (Sam, Blaine, Brittany) were played by the weaker actors who weren't able to keep the core of their characters in mind and couldn't rise above the shitty material.

I think that there's a reason why Chris seems to play some scenes a bit differently than the writers apparently intended. Because he knows his character so well and has a clear sense of what make him tick. I think this is one of the primary reasons that even with dialogue that is supposed to be romantic with Blaine that Chris plays Kurt in a reserved, nearly arms length manner. He (and Lea and the others that I mentioned) are able to give performances that are nuanced and layered enough to make the poor material bearable.

Tbh, if we're playing the " whose character was damaged the worst" game, Will, Blaine, Rachel,Sam and Quinn would be in the top 5 for me. All of the characters are shadows of their former selves, but the writers butchered those 5 in particular beyond belief. Even the arguably strong actors in that bunch can't completely save some of the crap they get.

• Love 1

Before Finn passed I would have put in that group.  He was completely trashed in season 2.  Lost anything and everything in season 3 through early season 4 (which I didn't mind until they piled it on too much).  Finally found a passion and because of that he was to never take a chance away from his high school and instead was slated to be Will of seasons 2+ 2.0, riding the blackboard to support the "kids" stories (we got a taste of that after the Glee came back in January season 4 when Finn as teacher took a backseat to the Blam! show).  Never mind his original arc was that he needed to develop the confidence to break out of his comfort zone (what McKinley essentially represented) in order to prove to himself he was more than just the "high school hero/life zero" guy. 

As for Sam being trashed, I think the spoilers we have for him so far sound pretty good for his character.  Unlike the rest of them he has never had the whole "Lima Loser" baggage, probably because he didn't grow up there nor is there a drive within him to prove himself away from McKinley.  It seems he is finding his niche in working with Beiste.  The only thing that would make it better would be if we find out he is taking classes at a local college while he is doing that.  

Edited by camussie

I think that there's a reason why Chris seems to play some scenes a bit differently than the writers apparently intended. Because he knows his character so well and has a clear sense of what make him tick. I think this is one of the primary reasons that even with dialogue that is supposed to be romantic with Blaine that Chris plays Kurt in a reserved, nearly arms length manner. He (and Lea and the others that I mentioned) are able to give performances that are nuanced and layered enough to make the poor material bearable.

I don't know which scenes you have in mind. My impression is he responded to the progression of the character in his acting, and made him more reserved esp. after the cheating. It's a no-brainer imo. but people take this as proof of their own biases, e.g. how he totally hates Klaine and/or Darren or can't care less to make an effort. But this summer I heard him say in one of his TLOS interviews the questions he always wanted to be asked but didn't get were about his acting technique, and he made a point of how he devises the character. And he's always said he prefers the conflict scenes because he gets to do more as an actor - he's basically like every other actor in this. I think people shortchange him when they think he's become careless or hateful because he's not playing lovey-dovey so much now .

Sam - I don't see him ruined tbh. He got the good Finn edit in saving the day at nationals. He's always been a bit of a blond, and the modelling gig they threw at him in NY was plausible (but not Paris). His return to Lima is not out of failure but about where he saw himself. No, on balance I don't see him ruined at all, and he'll probably be the super coach.

Finn, Blaine, Will, Quinn - yes. Santana to an extent too since she can't get shake off the Latina bitch stereotype. Rachel definitely with the leaving NYADA, then getting bored with Funny Girl

Edited by fakeempress

I assume Ryan kept Matt as a regular, so that " Glee " would still be his first priority.

At least there's a scene where Will counsels Rachel in 6x01, I've enjoyed the return of their interactions.

Edited by Sara2009

I'm okay with where Mercedes is now. They haven't had her do anything outrageous, evil, manipulative, drastic or stupid although I say yet. But that doesn't mean she hasn't sometimes suffered at the end of their ill written story lines for her or the perception of her that they projected out to the general audience. That also may be due to the limited amount of screen time she has gotten since she left in season 3. She did a few appearances in S4 and her return for the back 7 of season 5. But during all those quick and extended returns I don't think they have tampered with her too much than what they had already put out there. Puck he has fared pretty well he grew up, got his life and purpose by joining the Air Force. He has reconnected with Quinn and they seem to be in a committed relationship right now. So overall maybe Puck and Mercedes aren't doing to bad right now. So of course Glee will do something to change that. 

Finn well I have to agree with they just sidelined him for Blam and the students in the choir room and unfortunately what may have been will never be known. Poor Quinn they almost turned her into Sybil she had a different personality each season. Kurt they made him the brave little choo choo that could and then derailed him when he entered adulthood. Blaine at one point had confidence and some maturity they have reduced him to a clingy, needy, almost stalker boyfriend who needs validation. Rachel never my favorite character, she was always spoiled, self-centered, ambitious and determined to make it to Broadway but I don't believe she was ever reckless and naive were her career was concerned to the point she would throw away her Broadway career in hopes of becoming a TV star. 

Santana they stereotyped her as the bitchy, confrontational, sometimes insecure, own worst enemy, blah blah blah (and Mercedes I'll never forget how the Glee writers tried to label Mercedes as lazy, not willing to work for what she wanted, expected things to just be handed to her oh yeah they threw all the red meat words that people have been taught or brainwashed to think of African Americans and yes they had Jesse St. James refer to Santana as lazy too) but she knew she wanted to make it and be successful, instead they had her wondering around with no purpose and no focus. Brittany well they just completely took her from being an annoyance of a woman-child to a complete toddler in season 4 in my opinion. Then to spring she was a genius math savant after having a 0.0 GPA and no concentration shown the whole season that she was improving any where and oh yeah she aced her SAT by drawing a picture of a penis really Glee really! 

Sam the bar may not have been set high but at most he was a naive, innocent dork when he first came on the scene but they gave him a complete lobotomy in season 4 (I mean he didn't know what a debate was or how to find his way to the auditorium he had practiced in for 2 years without a map, really?). They also had Sam and Brittany spewing some pretty racial and inflammatory things that just seemed to uptick in season 4 and 5 that were suppose to be funny but were not as we all know by now the show doesn't know how to be funny any more rude, insulting and ignorant yeah Glee has that down to an art form.  Artie well they just made him a man-whore for an episode but he still has his snark, unfortunately not enough screen time for him. So while I ponder those who have been mentioned I still am weary about the lack of mention about Artie and Mercedes the other 2 regulars. The returning graduates have come in got their current story lines laid out will be in episodes 2 and 3 then probably gone for awhile while Artie and Mercedes so far have only been scheduled for episode 2. I hope they are going to be in more but it really seems to me that season 6 is truly shaping up to be all about the antics of Rachel and Blaine and their handy sidekicks Sam and Blaine and that does not make me happy or give me any warm and fuzzies! 

Will has faded into the background which really doesn't bother me because I thought he was the worst teacher ever with all his favoritism and trying to relive his youth and dreams through his students (or should I say Rachel and Finn cause they really seemed to be the only ones he really cared about). Oh yeah as for Sue she is just a caricature of the season 1 version with almost no purpose than to continue her reign of unholy threats and attempts to destroy the Glee club yet AGAIN! BTW I know I may have ranted and swayed away a little from the topic but these are the thoughts I had while addressing the state of these characters and Glee currently.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

Will was always very flawed, but he was at least sympathetic and layered in the beginning. Now he 's just a joke.

But to get back on topic, I 'm still in disbelief over the Klaine stuff. If I didn't know better, I 'd assume Ryan was actually trying to punish that fandom. It's more likely that he just loves writing soapy drama, but it still boggles my mind. Klaine went from being arguably the healthiest couple in season 2 to being the most toxic one by a wide margin.

Edited by Sara2009