Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

The way to make it fresh would be for Will to orchestrate a comeback for ND that some how gets rid of Sue's influence once and for all.  Sue is a funny character played by a wonderful actress and Sue was the face of glee for so long but Sue has long outstayed her welcome.  As long as she has to be a factor we will be doing a retread of these stories.  

I still say the desire to keep Sue active on the show was another factor in splitting the narrative (along with Fox and RM wanting to keep the Glee brand going with a new set of stars to tour, etc).  The "kids" could have been moved to a new setting fairly easily.  Sue doesn't really work outside of high school as we saw in "Opening Night."

Edited by camussie

They'll probably give Will back his blackboard and themes of the week in the end when they're done with Rachel's winning everything with the new new new directions that somehow gets her another shot at Broadway leaving that stand and and point at the board job open again. He will get to continue to save the arts forever in that horrible place that we're supposed to think is less bad now because post-glee.

Nitpicking, but Finn didn't play drums on that song. He sang along and had a verse. That episode also was originally supposed to air after "Funk," in which Puck and Finn kind of rebonded through taking revenge on Vocal Adrenaline.

Which isn't to say the aftermath was well handled at all, because it wasn't. 

All Episodes

Edited by wingster55

Well, Finn's participation in "Beth" was all about Kurt, IIRC.  The writers probably forgot about the complication with Puck, because they wanted Finn to echo Kurt's earlier "A house isn't a home".  Or, more charitably, Finn was willing to look kindly on Puck's song to Quinn and Beth, because he wanted to sing to Kurt.

• Love 1
The story of Will restarting Glee club from scratch and coaching them to the championship has already been told ( s1-3). RIB just can't/ doesn't want to retell that story in a novel way but prefers to tell exactly the same story but with different characters slotted in.

Well that's what they did with the Noobs in Season 4, having them do the same tired love triangles, gay bashing, losing virginity SL's that the old gang did. 

The problem is worse now because the new new Noobs aren't going to get full focus which is lose/lose.  It makes the story of Glee choir less impactful when the characters are deliberately marginal and it also makes the Regulars  passive participants in the show. 

Edited by caracas1914

Yeah, the show is conveniently forgetting that Will was in a sense kicked out of NDS and by extension he had to leave Mckinely so he could coach a Glee club. It wasn't his choice. If CM had not passed, I suppose Will would have chosen to step down as a coach and given Finn the reins but still be a teacher. That would have been a choice, him going to VAs  club wasn't really his choice. It was a consolation prize Sue got him an interview for. So.. my whole thing is he didn't make that choice. It was his only option. It does kind of suck a bit that Rachel can swoop in because she has a "Failed TV show" paycheck to save it. It paints her as a savior. Whatever. Season 6 will probably sit on my DVR unwatched this year. 

I actually think Will might have had a nice send off going to work  full time for  the arts council and their preservation of the arts in schools. 

Otherwise it never made sense for a man in his 30s to be giving up his job to a  college kid.  

Edited by tom87

A little bit more from MJ's blog for 6x02:

- Dinner at Mr. Schue’s house is the new/old Monday Night Dinner
- The couples Kurt/Blaine/Kurofsky, Quinn/Puck, Brittany/Santana, aren’t the focus of this episode. It’s all about recruiting new members for the Glee club. None of the couples have one on one scenes.
- Brittany gives Kurt relationship advice, but it’s played for laughs (aka super-jokey Brittany speak.)
- For Blaine, dating Karofsky is about shaking his life up post-break up with Kurt.
- There’s a pep rally everyone attends, including Karofsky and Blaine. This happens after Blaine’s tiff with Rachel and Kurt.

It just gets better and better.

*sarcasm*

Edited by Glorfindel

Are they trying to kill this dead months before it even starts? This seems like it will drive off even the most determined fans. They're not going to get to the comeback part if they keep on like this. It'll be straight to dvd/on demand. Maybe Saturday if they're lucky. I'm calling a .2 in the demo now unless they pull it before it gets there.

- Dinner at Mr. Schue’s house is the new/old Monday Night Dinner

That was a nice premise in NY but what they ended up doing it like what 2 times?

Plus a dinner with Rachel, Kurt, Santana, Mercedes Artie and the others  is somewhat interesting, not sure about Rachel, Kurt, Will, Blam.  

Brittany gives Kurt relationship advice, but it’s played for laughs (aka super-jokey Brittany speak.)

Is it me or did super-jokey Brittany speak stop being funny sometime in the first part of season 2???  But sadly I'd take that over super heroes and puppets.

Still hoping the originals being back they at least have a set up line or two as to where  they are in life so when they come back they can build off  that an have at least a focus plot line in an up coming  episode   

Edited by tom87

Seems to me like they're trying to mitigate Blaine's assholishness in starting a new relationship very shortly after his engagement to Kurt ended. Knowing that the most hardcore fans are going to be only marginally less happy about Blaine dating someone else than they were with Kurt tried to date Adam, it seems like they're trying the "Oh no, but it's not a serious relationship" tactic. Poor Blainers is so torn up about Kurt dumping him that he needs to use Dave in order to try to get his life back on track. Doesn't that make it better?

Of course, the fact that he's picked someone who has a long and not always happy history with Kurt, and who the last time we saw him was very emotionally vulnerable to use doesn't help matters. It's shows a huge amount of disrespect for Kurt (who I doubt Blaine is considering because he's just so sad!) and Dave (who doesn't deserve to be a placeholder).

And of course, we can have Kurt at the center of a major storyline but not have him sing a single line. The one good thing is that unlike some in this cast (*coughDarrencough*), Chris doesn't need to use a vocal performance as a crutch to get the audience to see what's going on with Kurt. He doesn't have to sing sad songs about a bad break up to make the audience see what he's feeling. As much as I want to hear Kurt get lots of solos this season, I know that he's not so rather than focus on being so disappointed about that, I'm looking forward to Chris showing off his acting chops again. Unlike Darren, who can sing all the sad songs he wants and fail to get any tangible emotion that doesn't involve facial contortions more often than not, Chris can show all those conflicted, nuanced emotions. That he can recognize that he ended their engagement for damned good reasons, but still feel torn and confused about being drawn back to Blaine.

• Love 1

Each spoiler released is worse than the one released before it. SMH at the idiocy of it all. How do they write this stuff then come to a unanimous conclusion that this is something they want to present to an audience. I would much prefer to have Kurt move on, not go whining, pleading and crying after someone who doesn't deserve his time or attention. You break up and in order to bounce back you jump on the first penis that gives you any attention maybe he should have went back to Craiglist or wherever he found the first sleeze he laid with. Dinners at Mr. Shue sounds really ridiculous is this suppose to be more of their movement into adulthood because now Mr. Shue sees them as equals who can have dinner with him (its pointless and something they should have left in NY). When he himself was the biggest man-child I've ever seen (what grown ass man only has his high school students as his friends to the point one is the bestman at this wedding, creepy). All the originals are back but they have no scenes they are only there to help further the needs of Rachel and Blaine how bloody brilliant is that (sarcasm). I just don't get what they are playing at and with only 13 episodes. I have a feeling that lots of things will go unresolved as long as they get to do the Klaine wedding and Rachel once again rises to the top everything else and everyone else be damned! 

• Love 1

Honestly, I have a feeling there will be no Kurt/Blaine wedding which should make a lot of people happy. In my opinion, these early spoilers make it clear RIB have zero fucks to give and could give a shit about pleasing the shippers and give a shit about their characters.

So at this point, my guess is the Blaine and Karofsky (seriously I still vomit a little in my mouth everytime I type that) mess will run its course (correct me if I'm wrong, Max Adler is only confirmed for four episodes right) and just as it ends and Blaine decides he wants Kurt back after weeks or months of diddling his former tormentor, Kurt will move on to the new gay kid he's trying to recruit for New Directions (maybe he and Blaine will both be going through a jock phase).

That way, the writers can spend another four/five episodes retreading the EXACT same storyline they just did the few episodes before, this time with Blaine doing the pining. Then the finale will come and at best, maybe they'll leave it ambiguous or they may get back together at the last hour but I will honestly be shocked if those two get married. Of course I guess the fact that it will make such little sense is probably why it will happen so nevermind. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

They'll get married in that damn choir room after some kid wins a trophy. We just have to accept that even though it's absolutely terrible on all fronts. There's no way to avoid it even though the shippers are all maybe this isn't a good thing anymore. It's just toss your cookies in your mouth time everywhere. They got one season too many.

They got one season too many.

They got four seasons too many if you ask me. Season 2 already showed that the writers didn't really give a damn or have a clue where they were going with this, but most of the characters were still recognisable by then. I would give them Season 3 except how overly preachy that one was and there were some truly bizarre storyline choices as well, so I'd only keep a handful of those episodes. Maybe Glee should have been a movie - it might have become a cult classic, with the Season 1 black humour and interesting characters. Now it's just a sad, sad mess.

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with the kids having dinner at Mr. Schue 's house. I actually think it's sweet. He's friends with Beiste and married to Emma, so it's not as if he only hangs out with his students. His relationship with the kids is a bit unusual, but there's nothing untoward about it.

Given how Lima was portrayed (super small town) I didn't find it unusual or untoward that Will considered his students his friends and asked the student he was closest to to be his best man.  Small towns can end up less structured social norms simply because everybody a lot about everybody.  

I really don't think there is anything wrong with Will having some graduates over to his house, other than the fact that I really dislike that it appears his role this season is to be an advice giving Switzerland caught between Kurt/Rachel & Blaine.

Edited by camussie

I'm still waiting to have some spoiler information released on Kevin and Amber the "other" returning regulars. So far its been real heavy on Rachel and Blaine with a side of Kurt. Coach Beiste is on set today per Dot's tweet. So that probably means some scenes between her and Sam. But why bring them back to exclude them. I know they are only up to episode 2 as far as spoilers go but it doesn't seem promising that they are going to get too much screen time given all the new characters, the drama of Klaine and the rebuilding of Rachel so they can place her back on her pedestal. I do care for the other characters not just these 2. And although it is understood that Ryan's want to focus heavily on them does not mean that the others have to be completely ignored. I'm just at a point were none of the stuff released so far is appealing to me!

Edited by Ann Mack

Well, just like Finchell was going to reunite in the originally planned ending  per Ryan Murphy (I know, anything that is uttered by him should be taken with a grain of salt the size of Gibraltar)  something similar may happen with Klaine.  

The problem  as everyone has mentioned in this thread,is that  the writers don't seem to grasp how badly the characters come across in their storylines.  Hell, Blaine will have jumped to 3 different guys every time he's broken up (in his mind) with Kurt and I would not put it past these writers to give him yet another "soulmates meeting forever" speech in some  schmaltzy wedding while Chris Colfer as Kurt  looks like a deer in headlights whose body language screams "someone help me":  The few thousand hardcore teenage shippers left will lap it up and Ryan and Company will  pat themselves in the back for being the bestest showrunners of all. 

The Gleek fandom  was a level that  Ryan and Company had never encountered before, so they are going to milk it for their entertainment/amusement since they realize they will probably  never get another such fandom to exploit  for any of their  shows again.

Edited by caracas1914

Given that Karofsky will be in at least 4 episodes I suspect somewhere around episode 6 or 7 the rebuilding of the "Klaine" relationship will begin. But so much damage can happen before they reach this point. I agree that the writers probably have no idea about how the way they are writing Blaine right now is quite repulsive and to have Kurt still wanting to build a future with him makes him look weak and desperate. Also, if the conditions of living together for 6 months (actually less than 6 since Blaine is already back in Ohio and moving on) were unbearable how do they intend for them to work through those differences and reach yet another level of "trust" upon which they can build a future together? Glee does not do long process thinking. To admit that you don't know how a show is ending when you have had from May until the September filming to figure it out does not bode well with their capabilities to produce anything of substance (I present the current spoilers as evidence). Any how it may be interesting to see how deep they dig the hole before someone (hopefully the network and viewers) begin to shovel the dirt back in and over them!

Edited by Ann Mack

I really don't think there is anything wrong with Will having some graduates over to his house, other than the fact that I really dislike that it appears his role this season is to be an advice giving Switzerland caught between Kurt/Rachel & Blaine.

Maybe Will puts up a whiteboard next to the dinner table, to write the theme of the week on every Monday night dinner.

All kidding aside, I also don't think it's wrong for Will to have these graduates over to his house, as they are all show choir leaders and coaches now, colleagues as it were. (Lol, I can't even type this with a straight face. Oh Glee.)

It's not uncommon for a teacher to befriend and/or help former students with their first jobs by inviting them in his/her own inner circle, introducing them to the other side of the table, the  'adult' world. (E.g. my own singing coach became my colleague and eventually a friend after I graduated at the conservatory and started working as a singing coach myself.)

The stupid storyline that had them all come back to Lima in the first place to play schoolteacher at the ripe age of 20-21 is another matter entirely, but I digress.

Jumping ahead only 6 months just doesn't make sense. So we are supposed to believe that college drop outs are all allowed to work in a high schools, no education needed. I know we had Finn doing the same thing during season 4 but he, at least ended up in college.

I gotta stop reading stuff about this season as nothing makes sense and the stuff I am hearing gets more inane by the day.

• Love 1

Wow now Brittany, Santana and Quinn I guess will be performing at the pep rally wait for it..... in their "alumni Cheerios cheerleader" uniform. Not sure if that's an actual thing but I know what is Glee's refusal to let these people grow up and move on, Glee continues to live in the past stifling any hope of any of its graduates moving forward. Oh well I guess any excuse to put them back in their uniform but no Tina (even if for a short stint she was a Cheerio). They are really going strong with the overkill of "The Unholy Trinity" that wasn't actually a thing that got more than 3 mentions I believe in the whole first 3 seasons now they make it sound like they were the ultimate trio who stood strong and by each other no matter what. I can't with this show!

Edited by Ann Mack

Yeah I know but still.. I'm not a big fan of what I hear that Rachel is going to be the Glee clubs golden girl savior because she was able to swoop in with a check. If all of these teenagers don't call her out on the fact that she's only back in Lima because her tv show failed and she has nowhere else to go.. then I'm going to be a bit angry. And if we're being honest, nothing about season six sounds that original to me. 'Hey look we're bringing back the Graduates to mentor the newbies..oh wait, we did that two seasons ago'. 

I think it all sucks too but still do not get why the kids need to call her out for wanting to get the club back up and going.    

I guess you hope the same for that Warblers to call out Blaine for only being there becasue he flunk out or Kurt for only being there  cause he followed Blaine home.  

Sorry that doesn't make sense to me.    If she does something like holds it over their head or something ok but to call her out just for trying to  reinstate it doesn't make sense to me no matter what the reason behind it.  

Even Mr Shue had an ulterior motive to do  glee club in the beginning and even he  paid for it.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

So Blaine's just dating that guy who he has horrible history with because lolsies? Sure, Glee. Sure. Just make it canon you're doing it to shake things up. I guess there's no better reason. It's just an attention grab, so toss those cookies in your mouth and be this desperate right out loud. 

They're not even trying to make anything make sense anymore.

Kurt is going speed dating (while still in New York). From MJ:

One of his speed daters senses that Kurt isn’t over an old relationship and calls him out on it.

So Kurt is once again told how he feels.

Since season 4 it seems that Kurt needs to be told how he feels and what he should do when it comes to Blaine (I can think of Santana, Rachel, Isabelle, Burt and Elliot telling Kurt how much he loves Blaine, that he should forgive him, that his relationship is so special, that he should keep his loved ones close and marry young, not to even mention everyone of his 'friends' smiling and beaming during Blaine's proposal).

Maybe deep down the writers know that after all the crap Blaine pulled, and how disfunctional Klaine has been, a character like Kurt would never reach the conclusion to go back to Blaine by himself. Certainly not season 1 or season 4 Kurt. So he has to be told how he feels (instead of giving Kurt his own POV and voice, which Chris would knock out of the park, but probably not in a way RIB want), and be pushed and pushed again back to 'klendgame'.

Kurt's being moved around on the Glee board like a mute pawn to whatever place Blaine or Rachel’s storylines need him to be.

Also: why would Kurt Hummel need to go speed dating when all those guys in fight class at NYADA were practically drooling over him, and he has shown he's able to make new friends in New York on his own? Season 5-6 Kurt could get a guy on every arm without even trying.

Edited by Glorfindel

Eh, personally I think Kurt speed dating has alot of comedy potential.

Of course Kurt going back to Blaine makes no sense, but at least Kurt is being shown doing something on screen as opposed to off screen narration about his actions.

Edited by caracas1914

Eh, personally I think Kurt speed dialing has alot of comedy potential.

Of course Kurt going back to Blaine makes no sense, but at least Kurt is being shown doing something on screen as opposed to off screen narration about his actions.

I agree it could be funny.

I think the complaints of Kurt having someone else tell him how he feels are more about what is being said.  If the stranger told Kurt to tell his ex to Foff he would be cheered and no one would care that  someone else told him that  as long as Kurt followed his advice.   It seems kind of like blaming the messenger  IMO of course.

Yeah and I guess it depends on how the whole thing is played out. I mean if Kurt starts bawling in the middle of a date or starts babbling on about Blaine, I think it's understandable for whoever is on the date to think, "uh yeah maybe you still have unresolved issues about your ex." I also don't remember any of these people listed above telling Kurt how much he loves Blaine and should be with him. 

Santana - the only thing I remember Santana caring about in terms of Blaine and Kurt was when she was being a shit-stirrer which is true to her personality and almost brought up in front of Adam that Kurt had spent Will and Emma's wedding weekend banging Blaine. Other than that I don't remember her caring. The only thing I remember Rachel ever doing was actually encouraging Kurt to pursue something with Adam. Elliot listened to Kurt's gripes about living with Blaine and told him that maybe they needed to carve out their personal space and time.

Even Isabelle who yes encouraged Kurt to call Blaine but if I remember correctly, her advice was that Kurt needed to talk to Blaine and try to forgive him because he would never really move on if he didn't, not so much that he should take Blaine back. I mean you can forgive someone for hurting you and still not want to be with them again. Now granted my Glee watching since S4 has been a handful of episodes so I will concede that maybe I missed something but that's how I remember things so I don't agree that so many people have been telling Kurt how he feels and should feel and encouraging him about Blaine.

• Love 2
I don't agree that so many people have been telling Kurt how he feels and should feel and encouraging him about Blaine.

Well there's that whole absurd proposal where everybody from NY flew back to, but whatever.

Ironically the one person who by his actions and words the show has pushing them together the most  is ex-best Dad Burt.  What crappy parent flies your son's ex to NY and surprises him with that as his XMAS present, seriously WTF. 

Then after saying sensibly  that a teenage engagement is insane, later backtracks and evokes the son's dead mom to drive home the point home that we don't have much time in this world.  Seriously.  Saying his opinion "doesn't matter" anymore.  Then joins in a chorus of singing while the teenager serenades his son for that proposal just days after getting back together.  If that's not greasing the wheels of your child's wagon and pushing it downhill  I don't know what is.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Some of these have been confirmed as the  new newbies not all but  tweets and other info strongly suggest these people are new cast.

Noah Guntrie = Roderick  - https://twitter.com/only1noah - RODERICK | Chubby and shy with a voice like Otis Redding, his looks don’t match with his talent. Described as, “a true goober.” He’s the show’s new underdog

Marshall Williams = Spencer  - https://twitter.com/itsmarshallw - SPENCER | He’s the new resident “football stud” who just so happens to possess an incredible voice. He’s also gay. But, per the casting notice, “he’s post-Glee gay — no one messes with him about his sexuality because he will kick their asses if they do.”

Samantha Ware = Jane - https://twitter.com/Sammie_Ware - JANE | Righteous, ambitious and unconventionally pretty, she’s funny because she doesn’t have much of a sense of humor. She wanted to be a Warbler but tradition kept her from joining so she jumps ship to the New Directions.

Billy Lewis = Mason - and  Laura Dreyfus = Madison - https://twitter.com/lauradreyfuss  - MASON AND MADISON |  Male and female twin Cheerios. They’re super-positive and extremely weird. Mason gives off a gay vibe (spoiler alert: he’s not).

Max George - VA singer  - https://twitter.com/MaxGeorge

From Aug - tvline - 5 new cast :  http://tvline.com/2014/08/06/glee-season-6-cast-new-characters-spencer-roderick/

The title of 6x03 will be 'Jagged Little Tapestry'.

So 6x03 will be a Carole King/Alanis Morissette  tribute episode.

Because a tribute episode is exactly what Glee's last season with only 13 episodes to wrap things up needs.

*sarcasm*

Edited by Glorfindel

Spoilers from mjsbigblog for 6x03. You might wanna sit down before reading this:

- The alums decide to stick around another week to help out. Quinn, Puck, Brittany, Santana, Puck and Tina are on hand (Not Mercedes or Artie, though)

- Kurt and Rachel come up with the idea of an Alanis Morissette/Carole King mashup week. Kurt wanted to go classic–Rachel wanted something more modern and angsty. They compromise. The two continue to have power struggles.  Rachel accuses Kurt of allowing his heartbreak to affect his work. She’s not wrong.

- Jane, Roderick, Mason and Madison are members of New Directions.

- Kurt runs into Blaine and Karofsky at the music store and they have a little awkward conversation. As they walk off, Kurt breaks into song. A montagey duet between the two of them ensues.

- Santana proposes to Brittany in front of the Glee club. Brittany says yes.  Kurt objects, due to his painful engagement and break-up with Blaine. They’re all too young to be married, he says.  Santana tells Kurt off, pulling out every insult she can muster.

- There is a very sweet scene, before the proposal, between Brittany and Santana. They lay in bed together in Brit’s bedroom.

- Kurt apologizes to Brittany for his behavior in the choir room.  She drops the news that Blaine and Karofsky have moved in together.  (Happens AFTER Kurt runs into them at the music store/montagey duet). She knows, because they asked her to decorate their new apartment. She gives him real advice. He should move on, date someone else.  He takes her advice in, appreciatively, but continues to struggle.

- Spencer wants a shot at being quarterback, but Beiste isn’t convinced. Sam champions Spencer’s ambitions.

- Beiste is acting weird, and Sam and the team, including Spencer, are worried about her.  It turns out she has a huge personal issue going on.  Everybody, including Sue, promise to support her.

- Becky is still around too. She needs help with a boy. The others, including Sue and Roz Washington (she’s back!) worry because he’s not special needs. Tina and Quinn help in Becky’s quest to impress him.  She lies about being in a slew of after school activities including the CPR society of America.

Ryan Murphy has some really weird obsession with young people getting engaged. It is odd, it is boring and it is lazy.

It really is weird, one relationship I could sort of go with, I mean it's rare but I know people who married their high school sweetheart. But these characters are suppose to be 21 and no-one has had a relationship with someone they didn't meet in high school.

So Will appears to be only in a single scene in the first two episodes, is absent from the third and no songs for him at all yet? Woo hoo ( scarsam).

On one hand, I'm frustrated. On the other, I'm relieved because so far he isn't getting screwed over. Just look at how they seem to be butchering Rachel and Blaine this season.

Are we 100% sure Klaine are still endgame?

I get that all the couples have had moments of dysfunction, but Klaine passed that awhile ago.

Seriously, that's what I've said. Every spoiler so far has seemed designed to piss off and alienate every poor little shipper who was still hanging on. And with Santana and Brittany getting engaged and seemingly having their happy ending and word so far is Puck and Quinn are still together, that's at least two couples that got the endgame treatment. 

I mean like you said there is moments of dysfunction but this...this is just "blow the fucking roof off of everything this couple was." Not only is Blaine diddling Kurt's ex-tormentor but now he moves in with him and I'm sure they'll be blissfully happy to further highlight how shitty Kurt and Blaine was since the impetus for their breakup was their once again not being able to get along for too long living together. Plus I know Adler is only signed on for four episodes but it occurred to me that Blaine can still be dating Karofksy without us seeing him so Adler's only being contracted for four episodes is no indication that the relationship will end. 

It's baffling though because while I've always heard the stories of how intense and downright crazy the Klaine shippers were, by all accounts I thought they always supported the pairing and fought for them despite all the setbacks. And the writers certainly seemed like they liked the couple but man, did a few of the shippers murder Ryan Murphy's dog, send death threats to RIB because this is just...wow. I have seen some bad writing for couples in my life but this one takes the case. Because with examples like Chuck/Blair on Gossip Girl and Damon/Elena for example on Vampire Diaries, the guys started the show as assholes and they were always written as "oh so tortured" which was used to explain all their shitty choices. But Glee with Blaine has just been taking a seemingly decent character and running them to the ground for whatever reason and pretty much destroying every last vestige of the same couple they created. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3