Type keyword(s) to search

Press Conference: The Law & Order Media Thread!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I don't think Odelya Halevi will be the A.D.A., because the Deadline article that mentions her says Hugh Dancy is getting that role. Maybe she'll be a detective?
But speaking of too-young looking female A.D.A.s, Annie Parisse, Alana De La Garza, Angie Harmon, and Jill Hennessy were all in their 20s when they were cast.

Anyway, Odelya Halevi played a psychopathic homewrecker in Why Women Kill, which is/was a great show.

There will be 2 ADA’s just like always - Hugh Dancy will likely play the lead ADA, the Stone/McCoy/Cutter role, while Odelya Halevi will play the second chair, the Kincaid/Ross/Carmichael/Rubirosa etc role. We already know who the detectives will be, Bernard is returning and Jeffrey Donovan will play his partner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I don't think Odelya Halevi will be the A.D.A., because the Deadline article that mentions her says Hugh Dancy is getting that role. Maybe she'll be a detective?
But speaking of too-young looking female A.D.A.s, Annie Parisse, Alana De La Garza, Angie Harmon, and Jill Hennessy were all in their 20s when they were cast.

Anyway, Odelya Halevi played a psychopathic homewrecker in Why Women Kill, which is/was a great show.

The Deadline article said she will be playing Assistant District Attorney Samantha Maroun.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, LizDC said:

YES!!!! Jack McCoy is back, cannot wait to see him again, this gives me confidence that the reboot was a good idea. He’s an iconic character!! 

14 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Part of me suspected that they had him but were waiting to make him the last announced cast member.  

In other, sad news, Chris Noth has been accused by two women of sexual assault. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/chris-noth-accused-of-sexual-assault-1235063596/

Yikes, I hope that is not true about Chris Noth. I have no idea of the details but I really hope he’s not a scumbag. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, balmz said:

i wonder if the news about chris will affect the reboot or cause it to be cancelled, it's a bad stain on it, appearing right when it was announced jack was returning

I doubt it affects anything - Chris Noth isn’t going to be on the revival and they never planned on having him back and he last appeared on the franchise 15 years ago. So I don’t see why allegations against him would affect the L&O revival. It’s unfortunate, I hate that Noth might be a scumbag predator, but I don’t think it affects the show.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, balmz said:

i wonder if the news about chris will affect the reboot or cause it to be cancelled, it's a bad stain on it, appearing right when it was announced jack was returning

Why? Noth isn’t appearing on the show. He’s currently recurring on The Equalizer. 

He hasn’t been on the mothership since 1995.

This is disappointing as Mike Logan I’d my favorite character. 

JINX! @Xeliou66!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why? Noth isn’t appearing on the show. He’s currently recurring on The Equalizer. 

He hasn’t been on the mothership since 2005.

JINX! @Xeliou66!

you never know with today's culture and what people think, i've seen shows and other things cancelled or dropped for far less terrible things

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He hasn’t been on the mothership since 2005.

JINX! @Xeliou66!

He hasn’t been on the Mothership since 1995, he hasn’t been on the franchise since 2007 on CI. 

Just now, balmz said:

you never know with today's culture and what people think, i've seen shows and other things cancelled or dropped for far less terrible things

I highly doubt this affects L&O at all, just because one actor who was on the show years ago is a possible scumbag doesn’t mean they are going to cancel the shows revival which the actor has nothing to do with. The accusations are very disturbing, but it won’t affect this revival, I’m certain of that, I think they’ve already started filming, and I don’t see any public outrage against the show coming since Noth has nothing to do with it, he’s not affiliated with the show anymore. That’s all I’ll say about it, I’m disappointed/disgusted about the Noth news but I’m 100% sure it won’t affect the show. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, balmz said:

But he’s not going to be on the show. Might as well cancel every show and movie that every accused person (and those found guilty) then. This was an ensemble show. Noth wasn’t the lead.

And I’m trying to be…fair here. These days it seems accusations are proof of guilt. I don’t want to believe this of Noth, but that article was disturbing, to say the least.

What has happened is Peloton pulling the mocking ad and deleting it from their social media platforms.

2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

He hasn’t been on the Mothership since 1995

Right! All fixed.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, balmz said:

I have seen things dropped or pulled for a myriad of a reasons both related to me too and not related me too.  But pulling something because of a very distant affiliation?  Haven't seen that. 

The only concern related to L&O I can think of would be if they pull his repeat seasons from the rotation which I hope they don't do. 

29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I’m trying to be…fair here. These days it seems accusations are proof of guilt. I don’t want to believe this of Noth, but that article was disturbing, to say the least.

I think what stood out to me was that it was the Sex & The City reboot that made both of them come forward.  It seemed kind of strange because he has been a consistently working actor.  But when reading the interviews, what stood out to me that he seemed to use his Mr. Big character, and SATC, to get close to the women.  

And how remarkably consistent both accounts were. I suspect we'll hear of more.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

YES!!!! Jack McCoy is back, cannot wait to see him again, this gives me confidence that the reboot was a good idea. He’s an iconic character!! 

Yikes, I hope that is not true about Chris Noth. I have no idea of the details but I really hope he’s not a scumbag. 

Very excited for McCoy's return.

I read one of Noth's accusers account, there's substance although I have questions. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

But when reading the interviews, what stood out to me that he seemed to use his Mr. Big character, and SATC, to get close to the women.  

From the article it sounds like both women were fans of the show (one was a big enough fan to recognize a restaurant from an episode that aired over a decade earlier), so I can't say I would be surprised if their enjoyment of the character was part of the seduction.   It's hard to know what to think.  One allegation is nearly two decades old, and the other is more recent, but still about six years ago.  I guess we will see how it all plays out.

I would doubt it has any real impact on the L&O revival.  I don't know that he's ever expressed an interest in revisiting his character since he left CI.            

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

The only concern related to L&O I can think of would be if they pull his repeat seasons from the rotation which I hope they don't do

Well as of right now, Sundance is scheduled to air the first season next week after season 20 is done.

I hope they don’t pull them.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

If they did, they’d have to pull five seasons out of rotation 😑

I really hope that doesn’t happen - I love the early seasons and I would hate for the Stone/Robinette/Cragen etc episodes to never be shown because of Noth. Hopefully they won’t pull the seasons from rotation.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I really hope that doesn’t happen - I love the early seasons and I would hate for the Stone/Robinette/Cragen etc episodes to never be shown because of Noth. Hopefully they won’t pull the seasons from rotation.

I hope not, too, but it really can go either way. This show, though, has many Logan-free seasons to show should it want to forget him. (The Criminal Intent repeats would have more of an issue/problem since Logan was the (alternate) male lead (unless only Goren episodes are shown along with Jeff Goldblum/Zack Nichols episodes, etc.))

Sadly, I am inclined to believe all of this. First, he said these accusations were categorically false but, in the same breath, says the encounters were "consensual", which means something did occur.

This is so disturbing.

By the way, Chris Noth's talent agency dropped him as a client.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

By the way, Chris Noth's talent agency dropped him as a client.

They see the writing on the wall.  A third account was posted in the predator thread from a woman who says she worked at a restaurant that Chris would attend. She was told to go to the manager's office to get a paycheck and she was cornered there by Chris where he started to molest her.  She got away by convincing him that they shouldn't do it there and that she'd come to his apartment if he sent a car.  (She didn't.) 

Goodness---this is going to become an SVU episode, isn't it?  (Although I think it already was one starring Craig Bierko.)

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

They see the writing on the wall.  A third account was posted in the predator thread from a woman who says she worked at a restaurant that Chris would attend. She was told to go to the manager's office to get a paycheck and she was cornered there by Chris where he started to molest her.  She got away by convincing him that they shouldn't do it there and that she'd come to his apartment if he sent a car.  (She didn't.) 

Goodness---this is going to become an SVU episode, isn't it?  (Although I think it already was one starring Craig Bierko.)

Another accuser? Man, this is awful. Sigh. Being dropped by his agency, I don't see him lasting on The Equalizer, either. But I just cannot feel anything but grossed out by it all. Sadly for the women, I read the police are not investigating/cannot investigate yet as no official complaints were filed. Time will tell how this all goes.

(On another upbeat trivia note, Craig Bierko lost a big role in that of Chandler Bing to Matthew Perry (for Friends, obviously!) when casting was going on back in the '90s.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sadly for the women, I read the police are not investigating/cannot investigate yet as no official complaints were filed. Time will tell how this all goes.

That's a problem for me, going public in a newspaper with no intentions of filing criminal or civil charges leaves me questioning. Although, that first one is probably too old.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's a problem for me, going public in a newspaper with no intentions of filing criminal or civil charges leaves me questioning. Although, that first one is probably too old.

Yeah. In today's world where a case can be tried in the courts of social media, maybe this will be the one to trigger legislation to do away with remaining arbitrary statutes of limitations on rape charges. 
I hope such law becomes known as "The Noth Law" because he will finally become as well known as he may have always hoped but in the way he allegedly deserves, but also because, unlike cases of mass shootings, most rape victims would prefer to be anonymous and just have the perp's name and face out there as a warning. 

20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well as of right now, Sundance is scheduled to air the first season next week after season 20 is done.
I hope they don’t pull them.

I don't think they will pull them, but it will be interesting to see whether or not they do.
I wonder if airing them would boost ratings? People might want to watch to see if there was a hint of this side of him or something??? Plus, in today's world of media, most of us are voyeurs of train wrecks.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I hope such law becomes known as "The Noth Law" because he will finally become as well known as he may have always hoped but in the way he allegedly deserves, but also because, unlike cases of mass shootings, most rape victims would prefer to be anonymous and just have the perp's name and face out there as a warning. 

Please believe me that I’m not defending him, but why call it that? Why not Weinstein Law? Or whoever came before? 

Anyway, as I stated in the other thread, I loved the character Logan, first. So I can separate him from Noth. I just…am shocked to learn this about him. And I say this as someone who has been a victim of this type of crime. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, balmz said:

found this out yesterday......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Anderson#Rape_and_sexual_assault_allegations

this is rather disturbing to say the least, also puts the character's comments about abortion and rape in that one episode in a different light, think it was called dignified or something 

surprised he is returning if this kind of thing has been alleged for years

Wow, didn’t know he had been investigated for sexual assault. Disturbing. I’m kind of surprised he was invited back as well. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Wow, didn’t know he had been investigated for sexual assault. Disturbing. I’m kind of surprised he was invited back as well. 

I am aware that our society is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty but yeah this is rather troubling considering there are 3 different allegations, maybe that's why he is supposed to only be there for one season? unless someone has a bone to pick with chris or  Anthony or even dick wolf and is trying to ruin their careers or the  revival from the start 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, balmz said:
On 12/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I am aware that our society is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty but yeah this is rather troubling considering there are 3 different allegations, maybe that's why he is supposed to only be there for one season?

I doubt the 1 season is because of the allegations.   It's probably because Anthony wants a role where he has a bigger part and more control but he loved L&O so he's coming back to help relaunch it.

If the sexual assault allegations were of any concern to TPTB, they wouldn't bring him back.

It didn't bother them in 2004 and it doesn't bother them now.  Or the Blackish people.  Or ABC.

All three women went the judicial/legal route and got nowhere which is why if you wonder why people go the press route vs. the court route, this is part of the reason why.  I don't know why the cases were dismissed but sometimes having one's story packaged with other stories might be more satisfying in terms of being believed. 

• Love 2

Law & Order: Jesse L. Martin Addresses Potential Return to NBC Revival

During a Thursday appearance on the CBS’ The Talk (which you can check out below), Martin — who as an original cast member of The CW’s The Flash still plays Joe West — addressed the possibility of reprising his role as the Law & Order detective, whom he played from Seasons 10 through 18.

“I certainly hope so. There were a lot of loose ends when Ed Green left the scene, if you will,” Martin said before adding, “Yes, maybe.” (NBC declined to comment, but sources close to the production tell TVLine there are no talks with Martin occurring at this time.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I would LOVE to see Green again, his exit left it open as to what he would do next and I would love to know where he wound up and where he is now, it would be great to see him, he’s one of my favorite detectives.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I would LOVE to see Green again, his exit left it open as to what he would do next and I would love to know where he wound up and where he is now, it would be great to see him, he’s one of my favorite detectives.

I’m probably alone in this opinion, but I think it would be fun if they had Jesse L. Martin come back to play Green’s cousin. That way there’d be no worry about writers accidentally retconning the character when they had him share information on what his “cousin” had been up to. If Cousin Green (or Gray or Jones or whatever) claimed Cousin Ed was, say, a Virgo, but the fans went into a Tweet storm about how it was revealed in such-and-such episode that Ed was a Sagittarius, then in a future episode Det. Frank Cosgrove (Jeffrey Donovan) could correct him, and even question exactly how close the cousins were, heh.

Edited by shapeshifter
18 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I’m probably alone in this opinion, but I think it would be fun if they had Jesse L. Martin come back to play Green’s cousin. That way there’d be no worry about writers accidentally retconning the character when they had him share information on what his “cousin” had been up to. If Cousin Green (or Gray or Jones or whatever) claimed Cousin Ed was, say, a Virgo, but the fans went into a Tweet storm about how it was revealed in such-and-such episode that Ed was a Sagittarius, then in a future episode Det. Frank Cosgrove (Jeffrey Donovan) could correct him, and even question exactly how close the cousins were, heh.

That would just be too weird IMO. I do hope they don’t throw Green under the bus if he returns, he was sort of thrown under the bus in his final episode, but fortunately original  L&O doesn’t trash characters like SVU does.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2022 at 8:27 PM, Xeliou66 said:

That would just be too weird IMO. I do hope they don’t throw Green under the bus if he returns, he was sort of thrown under the bus in his final episode, but fortunately original  L&O doesn’t trash characters like SVU does.

I would like to introduce you to the first return appearance of Attorney Paul Robinette ripping Johnnie Cochran from the headlines. But I guess he was rehabilitated by the time he was talking to young Peter Stone on Chicago Justice 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LizDC said:

Thanks for posting, interesting stuff. Is the lead prosecutor’s name Nolan Price or Nathan Price? I’ve heard both. I wonder who the top secret guest in the series premiere will be? That’s interesting. What I don’t like is how Bernard’s new partner Cosgrove is described, we don’t need another detective with anger issues, that’s such a cliche and it just won’t sit well with me if Bernard is constantly having to reign in an angry partner. I do like that they remembered Bernard was an IAB detective. I can’t wait for the show to start!!