Type keyword(s) to search

Secret Identities: The Cast in Other Roles

Trini
  • Start Topic

The only cast members I had heard of before they were on The Flash were Jesse Martin and Tom Cavanaugh. I had heard Grant Gustin was on Glee, but I hadn't watched any episodes with him.

Tbh, the most impressive thing Grant Gustin has done on this show, to me, is make me forget about Sebastian Smythe (his role on Glee); maybe it's the lack of the patented Dalton Academy hair gel.  I would recommend taking a look at some of Glee Season 3 to see the difference in the characters.

• Love 2

The only cast members I had heard of before they were on The Flash were Jesse Martin and Tom Cavanaugh. I had heard Grant Gustin was on Glee, but I hadn't watched any episodes with him.

Danielle Panabaker played James Woods' daughter in that show, Shark, I think it was, that aired for a couple of seasons back in 2005 or 2006? So the only actors I was familiar with was Danielle, Tom and Jesse.

• Love 1

And Ally McBeal. As a potential love interest for Ally, I think. Or maybe they dated. Then he was cast as Detective Green on Law & Order.

OMGOsh I totally forgot about that! That's right he did date Ally... they had nice chemistry.

(edited)

I found Tom Cavanagh in a Lifetime movie on Netflix A Killer Among Us, in case anyone needs an evil Tom Cavanagh fix while the show's on hiatus. He even takes off his glasses dramatically in a moment of evil!

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 1

Tom Cavanaugh recurred as JD's brother on Scrubs. He was very different from Harrison Wells, too. I've only seen Scrubs recently (the entire run except season 9), and my mind was blown. 

• Love 1

Tbh, the most impressive thing Grant Gustin has done on this show, to me, is make me forget about Sebastian Smythe (his role on Glee); maybe it's the lack of the patented Dalton Academy hair gel.  I would recommend taking a look at some of Glee Season 3 to see the difference in the characters.

Heh; I was looking up Grant Gustin performances and came across this video. So I gather Sebastian was a huge jerk on Glee?

Danielle Panabaker was in the Friday the 13th remake. Couple that with Katie Cassidy being in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake and I start to see a pattern emerging. All we need now is for Danielle Harris to be in the newest spinoff and we'll have all 3 major slasher movie remakes covered.

I can't recall who mentioned it in "Tricksters", but Eiobard Thawne wasn't played by Aaron Eckhart. It was Matthew Letscher, who, ironically, played Tom Cavanaugh's son in Eli Stone. I got a kick out of that, before I cringed in horror at what Reverse Flash did to the real Harrison.

• Love 2

Danielle Panabaker stars in Time Lapse, being released this week:

Panabaker’s latest film is the science fiction thriller Time Lapse, which is released in cinemas and on VOD May 15. The film stars the actress, Matt O’Leary (Fat Kid Rules the World, the forthcoming giant wasp movie Stung), and George Finn (90210) as a trio of cash-poor roommates who discover that one of their neighbors has built a giant camera that can take photographs of the future. Directed by first-time filmmaker Bradley King, who co-wrote the script with B.P. Cooper, the result often comes across as a slacker-ized version of sci-fi cult classic Primer as our heroes’ attempts to financially benefit from their discovery leads to disagreement and disaster.

Source.

I saw the ad, but I couldn't find a video, but Candice (and David Ramsey) is part of an ad campaign for Guitar Hero.

Actors David Ramsey of Arrow and Candice Patton of The Flash will compete with each other in an actual Guitar Hero Live competition in special commercials. The spots will air on the network beginning on Wednesday night during Arrow. A commercial that will air on Tuesday night, Oct. 20, during The Flash, will reveal the winner. Guitar Hero Live launches on the 20th.  ...

The first 60-second spot will feature Patton playing Guitar Hero Live with some friends when Ramsey shows up and that leads to a challenge to compete against one another. The second 60-second spot will show some of the competition between them and reveal the winner.

During the two weeks between the first commercial that will air during Arrow on Oct. 7 and the second commercial on Oct. 20, which will run during The Flash, The CW will air assorted 15-second vignettes across its shows that will include footage of the two stars preparing for the competition. For CW fans of the two shows, there will be lots of inside dialogue back-and-forth between the two, says Barbra Robin, senior VP, integrated marketing at the network ...

• Love 1

Didn't Tom Cavanagh say he used to be on Broadway? I can't seem to remember. The article says that Stephen Amell doesn't sing, but he sang at one of the comic con things and was pretty decent-- his version of a Little Mermaid song was pretty funny.

I just started listening to the music video with Carlos and I had to cringe. His singing is fine, but am I the only one who noticed that in the first 30 seconds the sound was very unbalanced and the music was much louder than it should have been, almost sounded off key, and then ended abruptly? Maybe its the quality setting I'm watching, but the music sounded sort of tinny or something-- like a video game (back when they used .midi files). It's not a bad song though.

I saw that Tom Cavanagh and David Ramsey were both in the same episode of "Blue Bloods". In a weird twist, David's character was in a wheelchair.

I just started listening to the music video with Carlos and I had to cringe. His singing is fine, but am I the only one who noticed that in the first 30 seconds the sound was very unbalanced and the music was much louder than it should have been, almost sounded off key, and then ended abruptly? Maybe its the quality setting I'm watching, but the music sounded sort of tinny or something-- like a video game (back when they used .midi files). It's not a bad song though.

I heard what you heard at the beginning.  It was like one of those 30-key synthesizer keyboards you got as a kid.  You can hear snippets of it later in the song, just not as offensive.  It sounds very much like the song is overproduced.  

That being said, he has a great voice.  

Edited because grammar is important.  

Edited by HospiceDoc
  • Love 2

Heh, when I was a kid it was before those 30 key synthesizers-- instead I had a small electric organ that sat on a table or floor and had to be plugged in. It sounded cooler than the synthesizer thingies. I think I got one of the synthesizer keyboards in my 20s though.

I just saw a youtube clip that Tom auditioned for a role on Sliders. I think the did well with the casting choices they ultimately made, but I sometimes wonder what the show would have been like with him on it.

I thought Sky High was a cute movie, but I remember very little of it.

I loved Jesse L. Martin on Law & Order. I still remember when they basically killed Lenny Brisco off-sceen. He had left and the actor died of cancer shortly after, but they just had him retire on the show. Then they had Jesse's character say something about how sometimes he had dreams where Lenny told him he was alive but when he woke up he realized Lenny was dead. That was a gutpunch moment.

(edited)

Grant in a indie film:

In his first feature role since his breakout turn as the title character in the hit CW series The Flash, Grant Gustin has agreed to star in Krystal, the indie film that is being directed by William H. Macy. Gustin will star alongside Rosario Dawson, who plays the title character, Nick Robinson, Macy, Felicity Huffman and Kathy Bates. Will Aldis wrote the script and shooting begins next month in Atlanta. Rachel Winter and Dan Keston are producing.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
(edited)

Malese Jow (Linda Park) was in a couple of episodes of NCIS:LA, and it was revealed that she is the daughter of one of the regulars; so she may still show up occasionally.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Peyton List's (Golden Glider) new show:

Here’s the logline: In this reimagining of the 2000 New Line film, Peyton List stars as a female police detective who in 2016 discovers she is able to speak via a ham radio with her estranged father (Riley Smith), whose also was a detective but died in 1996. They forge a new relationship while working together on an unresolved murder case, but unintended consequences of the ‘butterfly effect’ wreak havoc in the present day. Devin Kelley, Lenny Jacobson, Anthony Ruivivar and Daniel Bonjour also star.

12 hours ago, Trini said:

I heard Keiynan Lonsdale had dance background, but I didn't know he's a singer too! http://www.keiynan.com/

And apparently, Tom Felton also sings -- this musical episode has the potential for greatness, I'm telling you.

I don't think I would consider that singing. LOL. However, I do remember that they said he sang in a choir when he was younger.

On 8/26/2016 at 4:49 AM, zannej said:

I don't think I would consider that singing. LOL. However, I do remember that they said he sang in a choir when he was younger.

I didn't know much about him, so I read through his wikipedia page, and it says he put out a couple albums a few years ago under his own company. So if they use him for the musical, he won't be completely out of his element!

----

In other news, Candice is scheduled to be a guest star on Whose Line Is It Anyway? on Sept. 14th.

---

Remember that short film that some of the guys from the cast were working on? Trailer for The Letter Carrier:

• Love 1
On 8/28/2016 at 11:15 AM, Trini said:

I didn't know much about him, so I read through his wikipedia page, and it says he put out a couple albums a few years ago under his own company. So if they use him for the musical, he won't be completely out of his element!

----

In other news, Candice is scheduled to be a guest star on Whose Line Is It Anyway? on Sept. 14th.

---

Remember that short film that some of the guys from the cast were working on? Trailer for The Letter Carrier:

Ooh! Thank you! I love that style of music! I want to see the whole thing now. I love stuff set in different time periods, so this is something I would love to watch.

On a side note, I came across this silly short with Matt Letscher and Melissa Joan Hart. Matt's facial expressions were highly amusing and I couldn't help but think that the Reverse Flash's speed powers would have come in handy. Love the last line in it too.