Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

I have no idea how tumblr works, but I hope someone out there is figuring out which clips are old versus new. Like in the beginning, in sort of surprised to see Tripp, but that clip is from when they're in the basement of the Barbar Shop trying to hack into Hydra correct? And I'm guessing the clip of FitzSimmons in the Lab is old too.

I was holding my breath, as FitzSimmons are my favorite characters, when watching the preview. I didn't know how much to expect to see either of them...especially with how secretive Marvel is, I figured we wouldn't see Fitz in any of the previews. Glad they made a quick appearance, sadly it was probably old footage of them.

The clip of FitzSimmons is new.  That sucker has been gif'ed to the high heavens already and analysed until there's nothing left.  Simmons' hair is shorter (Liz Henstridge's hair has been cut significantly) and Fitz has no tie (in S1 rare was the occasion that Fitz was without a tie).  The only time that Simmons wore a similar outfit (same outfit?) was in FZZT and in that episode Fitz wore a red shirt and tie. 

Fans are speculating that Fitz is unable to tie a tie due to his (suspected) brain injuries. 

To be honest I was just excited to see them in the lab. And alive. 

• Love 1

Really?!? That's super exciting! HistoryGirl, do you have some links that I could read up on the speculations? Not that I don't love your summary, but I'm dying for some good 'ole fan squealing.

Wouldn't that just suck for Fitz? Losing hand control, makes lab work and building things a bit difficult...

Really?!? That's super exciting! HistoryGirl, do you have some links that I could read up on the speculations? Not that I don't love your summary, but I'm dying for some good 'ole fan squealing.

Wouldn't that just suck for Fitz? Losing hand control, makes lab work and building things a bit difficult...

If you go to tumblr and search "fitzsimmons" you should see a lot of the speculation there.  Same if you use the search tags of "leo fitz" or "jemma simmons". 

What I'm expecting from Coulson in Season 2 is a lot of hypocrisy and sanctimonious speeches...when he's not talking about how amazing Skye is of course.  I wouldn't have put TV Coulson in charge of a Dairy Queen, let alone SHIELD.  And I'm tired of mysteries surrounding the character.

• Love 2

So I'm looking forward to season 2. I think the show got a lot better after "Turn, Turn, Turn," and from what I can tell the show is going to embrace that darker, more action-packed tone into season 2. It certainly still has room for improvement, but a lot of the things that annoyed me about season 1 (such as Coulson fawning over Skye) were toned down and less annoying post "Turn, Turn, Turn." It basically comes down to this: show don't tell, writers. Also I don't mind the mysteries, but then again, I did stick through the maze-like mysteries of The X-Files, which ultimately made no sense and were pretty unsatisfying.

Thanks HistoryGirl! I searched, I read, and I squealed. Man, I have turned into quite a sucker for this show.

I'm also super excited about this season. They have the later time slot, so hopefully this show gets a but grittier. And I like what Coulson says in the VoiceOver for the preview...bc it makes it sound like what I wanted to tune into in the first place. You know, a show of people working behind the scenes without flashing "SHIELD" everywhere they go.

• Love 1

There is an actress on Falling Skies with an awesome name Moon Bloodgood (or something like that). Too bad the show's crap, and her character's super boring.

Oh, and I'm kinda glad Triplett's not a reg. He's far too bland. We already have a pretty bland cast, no need to add to it. We need characters who create conflict, maybe this Hunter guy will be it.

So I do agree that the show did not do a lot with Trip last season, but I was hoping that they would do more with him this season.

One difficulty with an ensemble show is balancing all the characters and keeping them interesting, while still not losing sight of the plot. This show seems like it is becoming more plot driven (which I like and really want to see), but I hope that does not mean that character development is going to take a back seat. Especially since it sounds like they are bringing in several new characters (Skye's father, Mockingbird, Isabelle Hartley, and Lance Hunter are all joining in at least recurring roles). At some point, adding new characters isn't going to make the show more interesting. The show needs to figure out what to do with the characters it already has.

Ugh. Love triangles. I've heard some speculation that Hunter is being brought in for a Hunter-Skye-Ward love triangle, and all I have to say is "please dear god no." I hate love triangles, and I do not want this show to become a soap opera.

[ugh. Love triangles. I've heard some speculation that Hunter is being brought in for a Hunter-Skye-Ward love triangle, and all I have to say is "please dear god no." I hate love triangles, and I do not want this show to become a soap opera.

Ugh indeed.

But Ward is frakking evil, why would Skye want to have a 3-way, ... correction .... love triangle involving Ward at all.

If they try to redeem Ward and somehow convert him to the new and improved SHIELD, I'm probably done with this show.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I'll be sorely disappointed if it indeed happens. I'm actually interested in Ward/Skye, but not from the shipping perspective - I've just found Ward's creepy obsession with her pretty fascinating, and I'd love for it to be explored more. Still, maybe it's just speculation? I know they still have their shippers (which doesn't surprise me. Lots of shows make stuff like that canon and dandy).

I'll be sorely disappointed if it indeed happens. I'm actually interested in Ward/Skye, but not from the shipping perspective - I've just found Ward's creepy obsession with her pretty fascinating, and I'd love for it to be explored more. Still, maybe it's just speculation? I know they still have their shippers (which doesn't surprise me. Lots of shows make stuff like that canon and dandy).

For real!  I'm totally in the same boat (ship?  There's a joke in there somewhere).  I love Ward's creepy obsession with Skye and I hope that's what it continues to be.  And Skye is totally going to earn points back in my book if she is still repulsed by Ward's feelings.  There is just a lot of collateral damage to things that Skye wanted to protect (FitzSimmons, being an actual agent, her family unit).

• Love 4

I hope it's a flashback. I would hate to see the makeup job the AoS team would patch together for old Peggy if Mike's makeup was anything to go by.

There's probably some neat parallels to play with since she built Shield and now they're rebuilding it.

Hayley Atwell will appear in the premiere

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/08/agents-of-shield-hayley-atwell/

It's probably a flashback so Coulson receive a little inspiration in his new job and they tie AoS and Agent Carter together

And so Coulson can give another corny and sanctimonious speech about what they do.

Still though, I'm excited about the appearance and have forgot that they could get her to appear on the show now.

I'm excited to see her as well. I think it would be cool if they did more than just a rah rah go SHIELD speech. I was wondering - since they will presumably be fighting Hydra in Agent Carter as well as Agents of SHIELD - maybe the flashback will be connecting some mystery between the two shows. I'm not sure exactly what, but perhaps Peggy Carter is dealing with a Hydra group or a Hydra Macguffin (tech, experiment, etc) that then carries through to modern day. Or perhaps the show will flash back to when SHIELD discovered that Kree that was in the Guest House, and Peggy was there.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 1

Wasn't Tripp's grandfather one of Cap's old war buddies? So they have the perfect setup for him to tell the others a story he got from his grandpa that leads to a flashback featuring Peggy.

Edited by KirkB
New S2 pics featuring Lucy Lawless:

http://www.themarysu...1-shadows-pics/

I'm all for Lucy Lawless going all Xena on somebody's ass.  She looked kinda hot in camo gear.

Interesting that there's only one shot involving Skye in that gallery and they appeared to have toned down her bouncing and behaving locks to make her look more serious.  If they could continue to shove her even further into the background of the show, maybe pop up every 3 or 4 episodes just to say a line or two, that would be ok as well.

• Love 2

This probably belongs in the speculation thread, but it uses the photos that @Cranberry linked above so I'm putting it here to be on the safe side. 

A person on tumblr pieced together pretty damning evidence that Fitz might be hallucinating Simmons in ep. 2. I'd seen the spec earlier based around the oddity of Simmons wearing the same outfit she did in FZZT, but the hair is very interesting.  It would also make sense in light of what Elizabeth Henstridge has been saying.  As well I think if we saw two variations of Simmons (long hair/short hair) toward the end of episode 1, people might be left wondering if she's a Life Model Decoy in light of the Skye/Tripp exposition that was recently released as a promo clip. 

It's an interesting speculation, that's for sure! 

• Love 1

Ohhhhh! I love that idea. Hallucinations are so much better then Fitz forgetting everything. Those two pictures are some pretty great evidence for that theory too! I wonder if that's going I be the only thing up with Fitz or I wonder if he's going to have more issues.

All I know, is the team might have trouble beliving Fitz if he doesn't know what's real and what's not real. He'll be like the boy who cried Wolf. Could you imagine if he hallucinates Ward?? That could be some drama, especially if it ends up really being Ward at some point.

• Love 1

Promo for Episode 2.02 -- just when you thought that Skye was actually becoming bearable, guess again, because she's back to making dick jokes in front of Coulson. Uggh.  Does SHIELD not have a simple policy on professionalism at 'The Playground' ?  

And they are still looking for Creel and the obelisk, and get a little help from Raina (the girl in the flower dress).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/agents-of-shield-episode-202-heavy-is_25.html

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Promo for Episode 2.02 -- just when you thought that Skye was actually becoming bearable, guess again, because she's back to making dick jokes in front of Coulson. Uggh.  Does SHIELD not have a simple policy on professionalism at 'The Playground' ? 

The only thing I liked about that was Coulson's pained reaction because I had the same grimace on my face. That's gross, Skye. Why do they have her sound like an immature frat boy? Or maybe I'm just too old and crotchety to appreciate that kind of humor.

"Unprofessional" jokes are pretty standard in the MCU. This ain't DC!

I thought it was kind of funny :). They can develop Skye without turning her into an uber serious May or Coulson knockoff. I love both May and Coulson, but I'd like for all the characters to retain their little personality quirks. Skye's humor is something I like, along with Fitz's 'What the hell' exclamations, and the FitzSimmons banter. I like the darker tone they seem to be setting up for S2 but I hope they don't change the characters toooo much. I also hope they find a way to redeem Ward - but not too fast. I'd really like the tension of good guy/bad guy Ward to be retained for a while and explored with regard to the team. I'm in the camp that's it's not as simple as him being evil (because Whedon.) Therefore, in my book he's redeemable at some point.

And to think I was ready to quit AoS mid-S1. Glad I didn't! It got a lot better :)

• Love 2

I have liked the first two episodes of the season but I do think there's been a little dip in quality since last season. I still enjoy the show a lot and I liked it since the beginning, but, anyway, point being...I'm really excited to see the next episode! Should be interesting to see a (hopefully) undercover Simmons among all those Hydra agents. And, uh...her hair looks amazing.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/agents_of_shield_tim_dekay_ward_brother_season_2_abc_marvel_exclusive-2014-10

Ward's brother Maynard is going to be coming to the show.

Personally, I'm not sure how this is going to fit into the overarching mysteries of the season. He might have a connection to Talbot, but I really don't see him tying into the Obelisk or Hydra plotlines. I just hope that he's not coming onto the show so the team decides that Ward has been an innocent victim the whole time.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 1

Yeah I think considering the circumstances we will be seeing a very different Simmons next week. I'm excited, but I'd also like to see at least one classic Simmons scene where she gets tongue tied and nervous trying to lie. Maybe at the end of the episode when she's got the information she needs to help Fitz, she can get out of the way after her cover has been blown and reunite with the team.

Maybe I'm completely wrong though. I'm just excited to see the character return in a way that I never really expected.

• Love 1

Holy mother of Pearl. I love Simmons but seeing that, all I could think was Fitz. That left an awful taste in my mouth. I know we're going to see a scene where she explains why she's doing what she's doing but wow, that clip was jarring.

I'm glad that Simmons is finally getting a storyline away from Fitz. And if the few episodes of Alias that I saw taught me anything, it's that "They" are always watching, even when you're in your own home. Especially then.

• Love 2

Oh I 100% agree...I'm sure Simmons is being watched too. Hydra would be stupid not too. I just hope the team doesn't see her with that big 'ole grin on her face. I'm curious about Coulson in her apartment then. I hope there aren't bugs or cameras in her apartment.

It also looks like as soon as she gets on the elevator she goes from being happy to all business.

I'm also disappointed in the huge Hydra symbol on the wall...for a group whose gone underground that symbol is hard to cover up if the lab is discovered, the agent who decided to slap Shield's symbol on everything must have been a Hydra agent.

• Love 1

Holy mother of Pearl. I love Simmons but seeing that, all I could think was Fitz. That left an awful taste in my mouth. I know we're going to see a scene where she explains why she's doing what she's doing but wow, that clip was jarring.

If you have a look at the song lyrics, it actually provides a ton of insight into what she's doing.  Well, not a ton, but enough to potentially conclude that she's playing at being a Hydra agent and is doing it all for Fitz. That was a purposefully chosen song if I ever did hear one.

• Love 1