Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

In the light of the current events, I'm almost sure the cliffhanger of the winter finale will be Fitz getting Will to Jemma, only for Will to be revealed as the "It" / "Overlord" in the final seconds of the episode.

• Love 1

Does Hydra not realize that Simmons lived on that planet for 6 months without "death" getting her? She also made it back through the portal without "death" getting her. Their all powerful Inhuman who has been on that planet for thousands of years couldn't find two normal humans in 14 years.

And I know the theory of Will being the Inhuman is floating around, if he was why was he just playing house with her for months? Then when the portal opened he didn't kill her and go through? That also makes him not that that much of threat to me. 

• Love 1

And I know the theory of Will being the Inhuman is floating around, if he was why was he just playing house with her for months? Then when the portal opened he didn't kill her and go through? That also makes him not that that much of threat to me. 

The power of the Love Triangle compelled him? *snark*

It's true that, if Will is the Inhuman, it seems that he didn't much care for returning to Earth. He didn't even have to kill Simmons to go through the portal - it's not like Fitz could only bring back one person or anything of the sort - he just had to go with her. Unless the twist is that Will is possessed by the Inhuman, but everything we've seen and been told is true as the storm and the figure in the storm are a previously-existing guardian or malevolent force.

ETA: Hydra has no info on the Inhuman being able to possess people, but I keep hoping this is the case and it gets Ward; this way the actor can stay on the show, but Ward is at least temporarily gone, which is the next best thing to Ward dying or Ward being trapped on the planet.

Edited by Crim
  • Love 1

Sneak Peak 2:

chilly.

I feel like the last line from Malick there about how Fitz was the sacrifice to lead Death through the door is a hint that Hydra actually KNOWS that FitzSimmons have been actively trying to bring back Will and they're okay with that.  I think Jemma's reaction in that clip speaks volumes; I think it's actually just dawned on her that Fitz is going to usher the Goblin through because their motivation is the same as Hydra's: Bring Will Back. 

I feel like the last line from Malick there about how Fitz was the sacrifice to lead Death through the door is a hint that Hydra actually KNOWS that FitzSimmons have been actively trying to bring back Will and they're okay with that.  I think Jemma's reaction in that clip speaks volumes; I think it's actually just dawned on her that Fitz is going to usher the Goblin through because their motivation is the same as Hydra's: Bring Will Back. 

It could be that Will is IT and/or being controlled by IT,  but they might make it so that everyone thinks that IT is Will while the real IT is hiding/controlling someone else (say like Fitz, Ward, or Coulson). Which, IMO, would be a really good twist for the mid-season finale and no one would realize their mistake till sometime closer to the season finale. 

It looks like that the rest of the team will make it to the control room for the miniliths (and that three miniliths are at least seen in that photo with Daisy). 

Yeah, we also know from the promo that they are in the room when the portal opens. Daisy is reacting like in 3x02 and her noose is bleeding.

Malick also gave the Goblin a gender. Calling it a "he".  This is the first time that it's received a gender!

I'm still on the bandwagon that Goblin has taken on the shape of Will and that the Astronaut is actually the Real Will. 

Does Hydra not realize that Simmons lived on that planet for 6 months without "death" getting her? She also made it back through the portal without "death" getting her. Their all powerful Inhuman who has been on that planet for thousands of years couldn't find two normal humans in 14 years.

I assumed that it's because they don't believe Simmons has actually  had a close encounter with this Inhuman like the Hydra team plans to, because if she had, she'd be dead?  I actually don't buy the Will=Hydra's Inhuman theory, because it doesn't make much sense to me based on what Hydra has said about it.  But I'm willing to entertain the idea that Hydra knows as little about this Inhuman as they do about the planet s/he lives on.   Everything they know about this Inhuman is based on legend which means that their information may be pretty unreliable.  As it is, it doesn't seem to me like the Mystery Inhuman is all that anxious to leave the Blue Planet, as s/he likely would have taken the opportunity to do so by now if s/he were so inclined.  S/he's had thousands of years and plenty of human travelers to make this happen before now.  Hydra may not have cracked how the portal works, but s/he must have by now.  If ancient civilizations could figure out how many days it takes for the Earth to revolve around the sun, surely an immortal could figure out how long it takes for the portal to reopen in the same spot if s/he had long enough to figure it out.  

• Love 1

As it is, it doesn't seem to me like the Mystery Inhuman is all that anxious to leave the Blue Planet, as s/he likely would have taken the opportunity to do so by now if s/he were so inclined.  S/he's had thousands of years and plenty of human travelers to make this happen before now.  Hydra may not have cracked how the portal works, but s/he must have by now.  If ancient civilizations could figure out how many days it takes for the Earth to revolve around the sun, surely an immortal could figure out how long it takes for the portal to reopen in the same spot if s/he had long enough to figure it out.  

That's why I believe there's a guard / security system that keeps the Inhuman away from the opening portal everytime it's close:

- the storm wasn't there when Jemma first came through, because Will was not close to the opening portal,

- the storm was there when Jemma and Will were running for the portal and flare,

- the storm is there when Fitz and Ward cross - perhaps the Inhuman is near.

I know the Will = Inhuman theory has more holes than a cheddar cheese. On the other hand, the obvious solutions that a thing everyone calls evil will trully be evil is rather rare on AoS.

(Side note regarding the second sneak peak: Jemma correcting Hydra on their calculations because Fitz on the other side? Girl needs to sort out her emotions, quick.)

• Love 1

ETA: Hydra has no info on the Inhuman being able to possess people, but I keep hoping this is the case and it gets Ward; this way the actor can stay on the show, but Ward is at least temporarily gone, which is the next best thing to Ward dying or Ward being trapped on the planet.

Better yet, it can kill Ward THEN take over his body. Two birds, one stone.

(Side note regarding the second sneak peak: Jemma correcting Hydra on their calculations because Fitz on the other side? Girl needs to sort out her emotions, quick.)

I was fine with that, they have a shared interest in getting someone back. Besides she might have been lying to save the world. Malick explaining his evil plan and discouraging her from helping (he can double check what she says). What? Like I was just supposed to be impressed with you for manipulating Ward.

I was fine with that, they have a shared interest in getting someone back. Besides she might have been lying to save the world. Malick explaining his evil plan and discouraging her from helping (he can double check what she says). What? Like I was just supposed to be impressed with you for manipulating Ward.

True, I was wondering about the fact that Jemma would not help Hydra while Will was the only one on the other side, but once Fitz is there... It's a whole different game. (Unless she's trying to manipulate Malick, as you said).

I hope all this mentioning death with Fitz's name only means he's not dying this episode. 

I'm confused. Why are they all talking like Daisy turning all those defenses to rubble is not even a possibility? Are her powers plot-hobbled at the moment?

Good point. She's not bullet-proof though, maybe they're worried about HYDRA putting one in her before she can get around to quaking all of them? Or maybe she DOES end up doing that and we just haven't seen enough of the episode.

Better yet, it can kill Ward THEN take over his body.

I'm down for another Winifred/Illyria style story arc, that was an awesome twist on ANGEL. But: more interesting if it kills then possesses Fitz...imagine him leaving as a mousy sort of lab nerd and coming back a grand, high-powered supervillain! Mwah ha ha!!

Slow and intimate death? (Perhaps Andrew/Lash with May witnessing? Fitz? Coulson kills Ward slowly and up-close and personal?)

Mack sacrifices himself?

I'm kind of certain Ward will die, but the actor will soldier on, as a vessel to the Inhuman. There's the change that will resonate. 

(And I'm really afraid for Fitz.)

• Love 1

A few days ago a makeup staff member posted this video on twitter: https://twitter.com/wendilynnmakeup/status/672936474917105664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It shows Christmas stockings for the cast and there are stockings for all of them. It isn't conclusive but I have faith they aren't cruel enough to kill Fitz. What are we then left with? Seeing Jemma trying to get over the loss of her best friend (more than that) until she ends up in the arms of Will? The mere thought makes me nauseous.

• Love 1

Based on all the spoiler intel we have so far and also some thinking a friend and I have done after watching the last episode... I have some theories!

I, too, believe that the dust may be some sort of security system, meant to chain The Big Bad to the planet. The Big Bad cannot leave--even through a portal--as long as the security system is in place. This explains why one of our favorite bandied-about theories--Will being The Big Bad--is still possible even though we couldn't understand why he didn't just go through the portal with Jemma. Because the security system wouldn't let him. Maybe that's why he shot the gun? Assuming he actually did and something else didn't happen there that we didn't see.

Also, the Big Bad may be like a parasite. It searches for a host until it finds one that is viable. All of the others from Will's team (and possibly before) that died may simply not have been viable hosts. And maybe they died/went crazy/whatever when the Big Bad tried to take them over.

If Will is the Big Bad, it may be that at some point in the mid-season finale, he ceases to be the host for the Big Bad, and someone else takes his place. If Will dies, this could happen of course, but I would think that's a pretty cheap resolution to the Love Triangle. I do want to see Willl live and make it back to earth, in other words.

If Will lives, but becomes his former self, it may be that when he next sees Jemma, he has no recollection of the time he spent with her because it wasn't really him all that time.

So... if the Big Bad jumps hosts... who seems a likely target? Ward. Because all Ward wants is closure. All Coulson wants right now is Ward dead. If Ward becomes a powerful Big Bad, Coulson (probably) won't be able to kill him by conventional means. Or maybe Coulson may not *want* to for other reasons. If Ward becomes a Big Bad, he loses his identity. It may even be that this is a slow enough process that Ward recognizes what is happening to him as it happens... and maybe Fitz or Coulson (or both) witness this. "Please, help me, what's happening to me?" is something we might hear Ward saying.

What if when this thing takes a person over in addition to losing their identity as long as they are host, they also do not remember who they are once the host leaves? This would be an amazing long-term storyline for a character like Ward. Can you forgive a person who does not even know all the evil he has done? Or, maybe Ward does remember, but maybe he is "broken" somehow from his time as host.

I'm just thinking with this talk of "Coulson has to make a crucial choice," "Maveth is revealed... sort of," and "Ward makes a change" as well as a shift in allegiances... maybe it's that this Big Bad isn't actually BAD. Powerful, yes... but a little like Illyria in Angel (props to you guys for bringing that one up--my friend and I had the very same discussion). This thing just needs a host. It is a little misguided in its attempts to find one, but it's not actively *trying* to kill people. If Ward is the new host, Coulson may make the decision to NOT try to kill him. Because he's not Ward, he's something else now. And that something isn't necessarily bad.

And maybe Coulson and team manage to sway this thing to their side. That would be a real wrench in Mallick's works.

• Love 1

Fitz trying to being a hero while being an idiot. Not interested. It should've been Jemma going back with them, this used to be her story. 

It's BOTH of their stories. Just because the entire story doesn't focus completely on Simmons doesn't make it any less of an interesting story.

• Love 2

Would Jemma trying to grab the gun be more interesting? :)

True, Fitz didn't think it through. I'm guessing being close to Ward hinders his logical thinking which is understandable. He's human, he makes mistakes. He's interesting (ha!).

At least Ward confirmed by suspicions about Jemma's life being leverage and then Fitz poked at Ward's sense of purpose, with success. Of course Malick forced Ward to cross over for a nefarious purpose... And I'm guessing that has to do with him being a new host for the It.

Question: Got anything on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. winter finale? Will anyone not make it back from the planet alive? —Dena

Ausiello: Matt Mitovich screened tonight’s episode, and “needless to say, tempers run pretty hot between multiple combinations of characters there on the planet,” he reports. “Will Fitz be able to find Will? Will the HYDRA team meet up with the ominous Inhuman? Will Coulson kill Ward? Will Ward kill Coulson? The answer to at least two of those questions is yes.”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The Flash, HTGAWM, Gilmore Girls, Walking Dead, Castle, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

By Michael Ausiello / December 8 2015, 10:35 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2015/12/08/the-flash-season-2-spoilers-iris-romance/

Will Fitz be able to find Will? Definitely yes. We already know that.

Will the HYDRA team meet up with the ominous Inhuman? Well yes and no because they will but they won't know it is the Inhuman.

Will Coulson kill Ward? Will Ward kill Coulson? One of those will probably be true.

Edited by Fogh

Will Coulson kill Ward? Will Ward kill Coulson? One of those will probably be true.

Yeah, we're all really worried about Coulson. Sitting on the edge of my seat with anxiety. 

I'd say Ward either gets killed (boring) or rebooted (much more interesting, therefore much more unlikely). Man, imagine if this was a better show, what interesting things they could have done with Ward rather than just keep him the crazy evil henchman of Hydra, 

How will Lincoln’s relationship with Daisy evolve now that they’re working together on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?Angel

In case you missed it, we’ll see them dating when the show returns for the second half of the season, but I imagine it won’t be easy as Daisy’s Secret Warriors really start to come together. “Being a leader is a mixed bag,” EP Jed Whedon says. “Daisy is going to find out that it’s not just getting to call the shots. The decisions you make you have to live with. She’ll have to face that reality in coming episodes.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Grey's Anatomy, The Flash, Supergirl, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS December 11 2015 — 1:34 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/11/spoiler-room-greys-anatomy-flash-supergirl-spoilers?hootPostID=3c6fa832e7273b72d7a713ad8fd53334

It think it's hilarious and a testament to how little they must know we care about "Laisy" that the only real spoiler revolves around them. He could have said we would see the grumpy cat mug again this season and that would have had more people excited.

• Love 1

The spoiler gives me one thing to think about, though: it says: "we’ll see them dating when the show returns for the second half of the season" , so it could mean we have a time jump.

I don't think I want a time jump.

The spoiler gives me one thing to think about, though: it says: "we’ll see them dating when the show returns for the second half of the season" , so it could mean we have a time jump.

I don't think I want a time jump.

I don't want a long time jump either but like a week would be fitting. I want to see Jemma go through the stages of grief but I don't need to see the first few days. The can just have an scene explaining her behavior. The denial stage isn't so interesting imo. It's more the Guilt to Acceptance that I want to see and could provide some angst for FitzSimmons.

• Love 1

From TVLine's Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites...

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
"It's not like Ward is dead. But that version of Ward that we hopefully fell in love with is no longer," Brett Dalton makes clear of the fall finale's final twist. With the Maveth creature having changed corporeal residence, showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen says, "It will be interesting to see Grant Ward 'alive' with that wriggly thing underneath his skin." Maveth's other returnees, Fitz and especially Coulson, will face "many emotional consequences" because of what went down on the planet. "Coulson acted on an impulse" in snuffing Ward, says Clark Gregg. "And he's pretty messed up about it." For the team as a whole, life is "far from normal," Ming-Na Wen states, reminding that HYDRA, Lash and myriad Inhumans are still in the mix. But on the lighter side, with the series picking up three months later, might FitzSimmons finally be a thing? "Uhhhh, I cannot confirm!" says Elizabeth Henstridge, adding: "Jemma's feelings haven't changed; they've only gotten stronger."
RETURN DATE: Tuesday, March 8 at 8/7c (ABC)

http://tvline.com/gallery/tv-spoilers-2016-season-premieres-photos/#!13/winter-preview-agents-of-shield/

Edited by tv echo

Three months in show time as well as our time? I guess they really didn't want to deal with the messy direct aftermath of killing two main characters' love interests.

Edited by Lebanna

Three months in show time as well as our time? I guess they really didn't want to deal with the messy direct aftermath of killing two main characters' love interests.

Which I hate. It made sense with some of the other time jumps they have done but there is too many emotional consequences this time to not deal with them

The article said Fitz and Coulson would deal with the aftermath from what happened on Maveth. Are they going to put their thought about it on hold for 3 months? Are Fitz and Simmons not going to talk during that time either? Well, of course they will but in stead of showing us they are just going to tell us which I find very unsatisfying.

Elizabeth Henstridge says Jemma’s feelings for Fitz get stronger on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Anymore scoop on that? — Ditchthel

It’s been roughly three months since the events that happened on Maveth, but Simmons is “still in the grieving process,” Elizabeth Henstridge tells me. “She’s experiencing some survivor’s guilt. Fitz has been so supportive throughout the whole thing. She’s going further down that path with him and her feelings. She loves him and wants to be with him. She hasn’t forgotten about Will, but it’s more the guilt she’s carrying. They’re taking things slowly on whether they’re going to get together or not.”

• Love 1
Would love to know the episode title-synopsis for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 311! — Susan

Your wish is my command. I can exclusively reveal that the title of the midseason premiere is “Bouncing Back.” And here’s the synopsis: “In the aftermath of his trip to Maveth, Coulson is more determined than ever to get to Gideon Malick and put an end to Hydra once and for all. Daisy and the team encounter more Inhumans who have powers like they’ve never seen before, but will they be friends or enemies of S.H.I.E.L.D.?” Dun. Dun. Duuuuuun.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D., Hawaii Five-0, Once Upon a Time and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS February 5 2016 — 2:09 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/05/spoiler-room-agents-shield-hawaii-five-0-once-upon-time-spoilers

Not really news that she is on the show but the picture and the description of her being street-wise makes be think she is an undercover cop, perhaps drug related (it is Colombia after all). Maybe 3x11 starts out with a criminal trying to escape and then we see a him a "Flash" moment, him being captured by a woman and then she is gone.

We've already seen Joey as a newbie. We don't need a new one. Having Yo-Yo be a trained law enforcement agent having already had her abilities for some time makes the transition easier and can perhaps create conflict with Daisy down the road as to whom should be in charge. A 23 year old hacker with limited experience or a seasoned cop/undercover agent. We know from spoilers that Daisy will be dealing with leadership issues in 3B.

Not really news that she is on the show but the picture and the description of her being street-wise makes be think she is an undercover cop, perhaps drug related (it is Colombia after all). Maybe 3x11 starts out with a criminal trying to escape and then we see a him a "Flash" moment, him being captured by a woman and then she is gone.

We've already seen Joey as a newbie. We don't need a new one. Having Yo-Yo be a trained law enforcement agent having already had her abilities for some time makes the transition easier and can perhaps create conflict with Daisy down the road as to whom should be in charge. A 23 year old hacker with limited experience or a seasoned cop/undercover agent. We know from spoilers that Daisy will be dealing with leadership issues in 3B.

You have described how professional militaries have operated for centuries. The young son of the VIP, in this case Daisy/Quake being Director Coulson's adoptive child goes through summer camps during college or a 90 Day Wonder course and is put in command of the 15 year veteran First Sergeant or Chief of the Boat, Meanwhile those with police experience would be used to the political appointee or elected Sheriff/District Attorney being in ultimate command.

But with TV of course the conflict has to be there like Commander Spock commanding his first mission after serving in the fleet for 20 years like a Star Trek original series episode gave. To cross another fictional universe although we have only been shown Daisy pushing things away with her power as her mother described her set of Inhuman abilities she can change the laws of physics and like Magneto of FOX's X-wing of Marvel has the potential of being one of the biggest sticks in the bundle

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Murder, Elementary, SVU and more
BY NATALIE ABRAMS February 19 2016 — 1:23 PM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/19/spoiler-room-how-get-away-murder-elementary-svu-spoilers?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

By the looks of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. trailer, will we find out on March 8 what Inhuman Ward is now? — Marie More
You will certainly suspect what Ward is now, but you’ll have to wait for confirmation. “This is a new version of Ward,” Brett Dalton says. “The Ward that we know and love is not there anymore. He’s going to be a little different. He’s inhabited by another creature which has existed for centuries on this other world called Maveth. There have been monuments that have been built in his honor. He has access to all of the thoughts and memories that Ward had.” (More on that here.)

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Murder, Elementary, SVU and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS February 19 2016 — 1:23 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/19/spoiler-room-how-get-away-murder-elementary-svu-spoilers?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

There is already a massive amount of people over at Reddit that has already predicted that IT is the MCU's version of The Hive since the end of episode 3X10.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1