Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 19 spells out exactly how the conflicts of the show will impact the Avengers – and even why it all happens in the first place.

Unless Fitz accidentally discovers Tony Stark's Ultron AI and releases it onto the Internet, I don't see how anything SHIELD/RealSHIELD does will trigger all the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron.  Because that would kind of suck that AoS is a prerequisite for viewing the movie.  Maybe whatever Gonzales has in the cargo hold of the aircraft carrier is Ultron. Dun, dun, dun, dun !!!!!  </snark>

Yes, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 19 does include a “reunion” of the show’s “original six,” as it were. Coulson, May, Skye, Fitz, Simmons, and Ward do go on a mission together, and they do manage to work as a team. (Mostly.)

I guess this means that: A) Coulson gets away from RealSHIELD, after surrendering them at the end of last episode B) Skye somehow escapes from the Afterlife compound, which I find hard to believe since she can't do it without Gordon's help especially since he seems to know where she is at all times and C) May changes sides from RealSHIELD and probably escapes with The Bus and Coulson -- and somehow they all manage to congregate at the same location to head off on 'the mission'.  All of which sounds pretty lame.

Not everybody makes it out of Team Coulson’s mission alive – and it’s pretty shocking to see exactly what goes down.

I doubt it will be anyone from the Original Six, and it won't be Bobbi or Hunter because of the spinoff, so watch to see if Mike Peterson puts on a red shirt.  Or maybe Mac.  I doubt it will be as "shocking" as the promo monkeys think (remember that Skye getting her powers was pumped as the monumental event in TV history or some other bullshit by Entertainment Weekly).  Since they have already shown that death isn't really a permanent thing in the MCU, saying some is definitely going to die doesn't mean anything.

Especially as their vastly divergent goals threaten to poke holes in their trusted officers – and even S.H.I.E.L.D. itself.

Exactly which SHIELD will have trusted officers with holes poked in them -- Coulson's SHIELD or RealSHIELD ?  And will they use a pointy stick to do this poking of holes.  I think something is missing from that sentence.

Someone switches sides – sort of

That seems to happen every episode, so no big deal.

The line between friend and foe becomes blurred as S.H.I.E.L.D. goes to war in the second season finale of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."!

Read the official synopsis below for the two-hour season finale airing May 12 at 9:00 PM ET and keep your eyes on Marvel.com for S.H.I.E.L.D. updates....

"S.O.S.," Part One and Part Two - S.H.I.E.L.D. puts everything on the line to survive a war that blurs the line between friend and foe. Coulson and his team will be forced to make shocking sacrifices that will leave their relationships and their world changed forever, on the two-hour season finale of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D," Tuesday, May 12(9:00-11:00 PM, ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Declassifying 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': S.O.S.

Marc Strom  Published Apr 23, 2015

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24501/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_sos.

Edited by tv echo
Declassifying 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': S.O.S.

Marc Strom  Published Apr 23, 2015
http://marvel.com/ne...s_of_shield_sos.

Interesting in the list of guest stars for the 2-part season finale there's no mention of Ethan the Afterlifer that went camping and ended up missing when Gordon went to retrieve him.  So, is that just doing to be a yet another dropped sub-plot or do they kill him off too ?

And based on the fact that J. August Richards isn't mentioned as a guest star for the 2-part season finale, I think we can conclude that it's likely that Deathlok bites it in the April 28 episode.

I'm guessing that Nick Fury is the one who'll "rejoin the ranks of SHIELD" thus putting a kibosh on the whole Coulson/Gonzales feud.

And just in time for Avengers 2 so no one outside of Coulson/Captain America will be surprised that he's alive.

My guess about the Theta Protocol is that Fury is building an army to hunt down the final remnants of Hydra, complete with the remaining helicarrier which hasn't been seen since Avengers 1.

• Love 1
And based on the fact that J. August Richards isn't mentioned as a guest star for the 2-part season finale, I think we can conclude that it's likely that Deathlok bites it in the April 28 episode.

Eh, I don't mind. He could have worked, but didn't, and I think the show shouldn't try to make him happen. Although I kinda liked his friendship with Skye. Why are all her friends dying? Tripp did too, and I wouldn't call either Fitz or Simmons her real friends, they've always had the colleagues vibe.

• Love 1

IAnd based on the fact that J. August Richards isn't mentioned as a guest star for the 2-part season finale, I think we can conclude that it's likely that Deathlok bites it in the April 28 episode.

Noooooo!  I likes him!

• Love 1
Interesting in the list of guest stars for the 2-part season finale there's no mention of Ethan the Afterlifer that went camping and ended up missing when Gordon went to retrieve him.  So, is that just doing to be a yet another dropped sub-plot or do they kill him off too ?

He's dead. They showed his corpse under a sheet after Strucker was done dissecting him. Nothing further for them to show of him after that. They obviously found him by tracking Gordon's signature or whatever they were doing to track him. Ethan was still in the area that Gordon dropped him off in and they probably thought that Ethan was the teleporter at first.

He's dead. They showed his corpse under a sheet after Strucker was done dissecting him. Nothing further for them to show of him after that. They obviously found him by tracking Gordon's signature or whatever they were doing to track him. Ethan was still in the area that Gordon dropped him off in and they probably thought that Ethan was the teleporter at first.

I completely missed that they mentioned his name during that scene -- thanks @Mikita.

I think we can conclude that it's likely that Deathlok bites it in the April 28 episode.

The actor is a Whedon favorite, one of only a few characters to survive to the very end of the series "Angel". They've also spent two seasons setting him up as Dethlok. Always possible he gets axed, but unlikely I think.

Wouldn't call J. August Richard a "favorite", this is like the second Mutant Enemy production he's in. He's no Amy Acker.

I just think that this character never really fit into the show, despite having adequate set-up and screen-time. However, they'll probably lose quite a few characters next year - Bobbi and Lance, Cal, most likely Raina, Gonzalez, Mac, Jiaying, maybe Ward too. They'll need somebody to get all this time, because let's face it, most of the core characters are pretty blah. Although maybe they'll simply repeat the season 2 formula with including all those new characters, it did work for the most part, after all.

Matt: Please tell me you got something on #AgentsofSHIELD.

If you thought seeing the team work with Ward last week was weird, just you wait until tonight's episode. Ward tries to give a heartfelt, rallying speech to the old team right before an op, trying to win them back over with nostalgia...and he gets totally shut down. By everyone. It's hilarious and oh-so-worth the wait!

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Grey's, Outlander, The Good Wife, Arrow and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Today 9:46 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/650828/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-pretty-little-liars-grey-s-outlander-the-good-wife-arrow-and-more

Edited by tv echo
Ward tries to give a heartfelt, rallying speech to the old team right before an op, trying to win them back over with nostalgia...and he gets totally shut down. By everyone. It's hilarious and oh-so-worth the wait!

I didn't find that scene "hilarious" at all.

From the print issue of next week's TV Guide (with Scott Bakula on the cover)...

AOS EP Jeffrey Bell breaks down three revelations to come:

1.  Cal's destructive power "will be on full display in a surprising way."  Although we've seen him have PCP moments of rage strength, those moments don't jibe with the tales of Cal annihilating a whole village and doing other terrible things on a vast scale.  That will change.  "We're taking a cue from the comics where Cal -- or Cal Zabo, as he's known -- is Marvel's Mr. Hyde, as well as a very fractured and broken Dr. Jekyll."

2.  We will know exactly where Grant Ward stands by the season finale.  "He may be the most changed of any of our characters."

3.  The SHIELD vs. SHIELD conflict will be settled in the wake of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and a new, unified SHIELD will move the series into next season.  The impact of Age of Ultron will be "much more nuanced".  "A secret revealed in the film changes many key relationships on S.H.I.E.L.D. and repositions the conflict between Coulson and Gonzales. It leads to a major decision regarding the Inhumans, one that assures not everyone is leaving the finale alive."  Per Bell, "We will leave you with a little catharsis, a little emotion, a little mystery.  Blend it together lightly and have a nice summer!"

The SHIELD vs. SHIELD conflict will be settled in the wake of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and a new, unified SHIELD will move the series into next season.  The impact of Age of Ultron will be "much more nuanced".  "A secret revealed in the film changes many key relationships on S.H.I.E.L.D. and repositions the conflict between Coulson and Gonzales. It leads to a major decision regarding the Inhumans, one that assures not everyone is leaving the finale alive."  Per Bell, "We will leave you with a little catharsis, a little emotion, a little mystery.  Blend it together lightly and have a nice summer!"

Sounds more like he's soft-pedaling a disappointing post-Avengers ending to the season.

2.  We will know exactly where Grant Ward stands by the season finale.  "He may be the most changed of any of our characters."

Isn't that what they've said for every season/midseason finale since the Hydra reveal? I just think it's funny that they're trotting out the same song and dance with him over and over again.

• Love 3

And here starts the cliched Ward redemption arc. Why can't the villains stay bad on tv shows, why do the heroes have to be friends with them? 

It makes all the characters look stupid, let's just forget all the awful things that person did because they suddenly decided they want to be semi-good now. This happens on way too many shows. Begrudgingly working with them when they have a common goal is fine, as long as they send them packing afterward. Hanging around them like they are BFF's, Nope. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Well having just seen Age of Ultron I'm guessing the

I'm guessing the subtler revelation is Fury's back and he has a few hundred S.H.I.E.L.D agents and a Helicarrier. I'm guessing Coulson has been in the loop on this from the beginning. Also thinking that all the bunk beds and stuff were for Fury's crew not sure what Pointier S.H.E.I.L.D is going to do with that revelation. Also Strucker is definitely dead not sure about List though wasn't sure if he got away

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays out next week.

Was anyone from AoS in the movie? (Is it ok to ask that here?? If not, I can delete it)

we ended the last pre Ultron episode with a Hydra leader moving and Coulson calling Hill to send the Avengers to that same location. Lind makes an appearance.

Was anyone from AoS in the movie?  (Is it ok to ask that here??  If not, I can delete it)

Joss Whedon has said that he wanted to treat his movie as if the TV part of the MCU didn't exist, and he stuck to that. The movies are allowed to influence the show, but not vice versa.  Even the ties that Raja mentioned are really only present in the TV show itself.  They don't even make vague references to where the intel to find the Hydra base came from and SHIELD as an organization received maybe one mention in the entire movie.  If you weren't watching AoS (or at least aware of it), I'm not even sure you'd realize that SHIELD still exists in Age of Ultron.  

(edited)
Andy: If I didn't see Avengers: Age of Ultron yet, should I still watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this week?

If you don't want to be spoiled on exactly how the movie ends, then DVR tonight's episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. and save it for after you go see the movie! The events of Marvel's latest movie will greatly affect the team, just as how Coulson is the one who actually kickstarts the beginning of the movie, and is responsible for that big S.H.I.E.L.D. surprise during the big action scene in the movie too! #Itsallconnected indeed.

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, Scandal, The Flash, Outlander and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Today 9:00 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/653514/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-vampire-diaries-game-of-thrones-scandal-the-flash-outlander-and-more

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
If you don't want to be spoiled on exactly how the movie ends, then DVR tonight's episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. and save it for after you go see the movie! The events of Marvel's latest movie will greatly affect the team, just as how Coulson is the one who actually kickstarts the beginning of the movie, and is responsible for that big S.H.I.E.L.D. surprise during the big action scene in the movie too!

I find it hard to believe

that Coulson was doing all this work to get the Helicarrier up and running and establish a new Avengers base -- all in his spare time.  When Coulson relayed the location of Loki's sceptre to Maria Hill, they didn't even know that Ultron existed yet let alone he would be a threat -- and that they would need to move the Helicarrier all the way to Sokovia which would take a long time as the Helicarrier doesn't really move all that fast, and would take days or even weeks to get anywhere outside North America.  The Avengers: AoU movie only took place over a couple of days.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
(edited)
If you don't want to be spoiled on exactly how the movie ends, then DVR tonight's episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. and save it for after you go see the movie! The events of Marvel's latest movie will greatly affect the team, just as how Coulson is the one who actually kickstarts the beginning of the movie, and is responsible for that big S.H.I.E.L.D. surprise during the big action scene in the movie too! #Itsallconnected indeed.

Good to know. I guess I'll have to wait on AoS until I see AoU :(

Edited by FurryFury

TVLine spoilers:

Question: Do you have any scoop on the season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? —Deana
Ausiello: The first half of Tuesday’s two-hour closer alone is chock-a-block with reveals, including what exactly was in the vials found on Cal (gorilla testosterone?!), what Ward wants from Bobbi and just how far (too far?) Jiaying will go to ignite a war between the Inhumans and S.H.I.E.L.D. The first hour also boasts two sizable hand-to-hand combat sequences (girl-girl, guy-girl), you’ll find out what the “key” to saving the Inhumans from “death and destruction” is, and you’ll hear someone say this about Ward: “When I find him, I’m gonna kill him.” (And you believe that person!)

So many candidates. May, Bobbi and Simmons seem to be the most likely, but it does sound like May.

As for the fights, I guess May, Bobbi and Ward as the participants. The last one? Skye or Kara.

My guess is Hunter or Mac. I'm guessing it has to do with the boys finding out Bobbi has been kidnapped.

I wonder if both fights listed are with Skye. I'm guessing the girl on girl fight could be May and Skye. And maybe the guy on girl could be Cal and Skye (she tries to stop him or save FitzSimmons from him?).

• Love 2

Apparently an exec cheered the fate of Ward in the finale but said that Ward fans would be satisfied too. Probably not true, but hey, I read it at another forum and it has me wondering what could happen to Ward that makes it a win-win for everyone? I was thinking the forced mind-wipe, or Ward surprisingly becomes Inhuman. Or it turns out he was undercover the entire dang time. LOL I can dream, can't I?

(edited)

I've read the Ward as Inhuman speculation, but it feels really random at this point, TBH. I probably wouldn't be against in if it were set up well (just imagine a Skye vs Ward fight with superpowers), but as it is, it would feel like an ass pull.

Or it turns out he was undercover the entire dang time.

Yeah, no thanks. This would totally be infuriating for most people.

As for what happens to him, it may be either "redemption equals death" or some sort of mind-wipe, yeah. I'd be down for the former, not sure about the latter.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
What’s going to happen to Bobbi on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Mitch

In some ways, Bobbi’s kidnapping is a good thing, because it’ll force Hunter to forgive her.  “That’s going to be something that will test how much he cares,” Nick Blood tells me. “It’s easy to say you hate someone and you don’t care about them when they’re not under any threat, but the moment they are, all of a sudden it’s very real how you feel about them.” Suffice it to say, Ward and Kara better watch out—because “Lance is going to want to seek vengeance for what’s happened to Bobbi.”

Sorry, still don't care about Bobbi/Hunter. She deserves somebody more interesting. Hell, if Mac's straight, I'd take him with her over her and Hunter.

That said, kudos to SnoGirl for guessing Hunter's the one promising to kill Ward.

• Love 2
Five teases about the finale from the producers:

“Bobbi doesn’t like needles.”
“Mack has an axe.”
“Casualties of war.”
“Coulson is going to lose something important.”
“Fitz and Simmons have a talk.”

Let's try and figure these out:

“Bobbi doesn’t like needles.” -- pretty much means that Ward is going to brainwash her, just like Agent 33 and Bakshi

“Mack has an axe.” -- to grind.  With Coulson about working for someone co-opted by alien juice.  But since Mack quit, is he out in the woods chopping up firewood ?

“Casualties of war.” -- it better not include any Koenigs, but I'm thinking Jiaying doesn't make it out the finale alive. And probably Ward.  And maybe Raina.

“Coulson is going to lose something important.” -- the Toolbox because Fury wants it back, I mean he already lost the Bus but it will probably be Skye but no worries he'll get her back.

“Fitz and Simmons have a talk.” -- or do they have 'The Talk - Part 2' about Fitz's feelings he professed to Simmons at the bottom of the ocean.

• Love 1
(edited)

Casualties of war.” -- it better not include any Koenigs, but I'm thinking Jiaying doesn't make it out the finale alive. And probably Ward.  And maybe Raina.

Cal. Kyle McLachlan wouldn't stay for more than a season, I think - and we've already got way more of him than I'd ever expected. Raina's actress also has another show, so probably Raina as well (although I really love the idea of her as a recurring villain so I'd love for her to somehow survive and hide for a time). Jiaying, definitely yes. Taking many of the Inhumans with her, no doubt. Ward, no idea. I'm at a loss, which makes me really interested where they'll go with him.

“Fitz and Simmons have a talk.” -- or do they have 'The Talk - Part 2' about Fitz's feelings he professed to Simmons at the bottom of the ocean.

I do think it needs to be addressed, but hopefully this storyline will be gone for good, it never added to the show for me.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

I thought Jiaying couldn't die? If she can be torn apart and sewn back together she can't really die. Unless of course they take her pieces and bury them in separate places (ala the Judge from Buffy)

I think Skye chooses the Inhumans, making Coulson lose his precious toy. 

• Love 1
I thought Jiaying couldn't die? If she can be torn apart and sewn back together she can't really die. Unless of course they take her pieces and bury them in separate places (ala the Judge from Buffy)

Dammit, I was all ready to mention The Judge and then you did it before I could!

However, there was that mysterious obelisk that Gordon and Raina saw. I guess it could play a role in killing her.

I think Skye chooses the Inhumans, making Coulson lose his precious toy.

Agreed, it sounds possible. And then they are defeated, leaving her on her own until season 3.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think the Inhumans will be defeated, only Jiaying's group. I would think the show wasn't given the right to make the Inhumans the bad guys. They have a movie coming out in a couple of years where they are I'm assuming supposed to be good. I think another group of Inhumans show up and take Jiaying and the other inhumans including Skye. So she's missing during the hiatus, probably making Coulson insane since he can't find her. 

I also think they need them alive to help start the Civil War.

Edited by Sakura12
I don't think the Inhumans will be defeated, only Jiaying's group.

Well, yeah, that's who I meant. Of course we'll need the others for the movie!

I would think the show wasn't given the right to make the Inhumans the bad guys. They have a movie coming out in a couple of years where they are I'm assuming supposed to be good.

It really feels like they're slowly setting up the situation for the Civil War to break out. So both sides have to be root-worthy, no 100% bad guys or good guys. I like it.

I think another group of Inhumans show up and take Jiaying and the other inhumans including Skye.

Hmm, can't agree with it. I mean, it's possible, I just don't think it happens.

I also think they need them alive to help start the Civil War.

They don't really need anyone from the show for that story. I doubt the movie's going to even mention or show anybody from the TV-verse.

• Love 1

“Bobbi doesn’t like needles.”

Ward and 33 put Bobbi through some kind of torture, maybe attempt to brainwash her.
“Mack has an axe.”

Mack was headed back to the carrier at the end of the episode. The Inhumans attack the carrier again and Mack grabs an axe.
“Casualties of war.”

Weaver. Maybe Cal. I don't think they'll kill both of Skye's parents in the same season.

Several possibilities here. If it's a person it could be Skye or May. If it's Skye, they'll hug it out in the first fifteen minutes of the premiere of Season 3. If it's May, she might last an episode or two.  If it's a thing, it's Lola. They've taken just about everything else from Coulson, they'll probably take the car.
“Fitz and Simmons have a talk.”

I don't know if they'll address the relationship, but somehow I'm sure the results will lead to an awkwardness that won't be resolved until the fall finale of Season 3.

I think the answer to this question is always Kill It With Fire.

I don't think the Inhumans will be defeated, only Jiaying's group. I would think the show wasn't given the right to make the Inhumans the bad guys. They have a movie coming out in a couple of years where they are I'm assuming supposed to be good. 

I would think introducing more Inhumans would complicate things for the movie more, not less.   If Afterlife is set up as a community in exile that broke away from the Inhuman kingdom at some point in the distant past, the show can do whatever they want with that community without adding too much to the MCU canon that the scriptwriters will have to work around. It could also explain why Jiaying and her people had to melt down Diviners in order to solve their terrigen crystal shortage problem.  If this is an Inhuman community in exile, they would have had to get creative with the limited resources they were able to take with them.

“Casualties of war.”

Agree with the speculation that Raina and Cal will die. I actually don't think that Jiaying will die because of her powers. I mean, did she basically say that she remembers when Whitehall cut her open and stuffed her organs in jars? That makes for a really creepy implication of them trying to kill her by cutting her into pieces -- in essence she'd be alive but just not able to move or communicate forever. I think she'll wind up in prison.

I actually think that what Coulson is going to lose is that big alien stone thing. I do think that Skye is going to go off on her own at the end of the episode though.

Agree with the speculation that Raina and Cal will die. I actually don't think that Jiaying will die because of her powers. I mean, did she basically say that she remembers when Whitehall cut her open and stuffed her organs in jars? That makes for a really creepy implication of them trying to kill her by cutting her into pieces -- in essence she'd be alive but just not able to move or communicate forever. I think she'll wind up in prison.

I actually think that what Coulson is going to lose is that big alien stone thing. I do think that Skye is going to go off on her own at the end of the episode though.

And we start next year with her off somewhere off the grid living as Daisy Johnson.

• Love 1