Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for a dynamic, action-packed second half of season two, TUESDAY, MARCH 3 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Editor’s Note: The episode title “Epidemic” has been changed to “Aftershocks.”

After discovering an alien city with ties to his resurrection, Coulson and his team destroyed it before the forces of Hydra could claim its secrets, eliminating the villainous Whitehall (Reed Diamond) in the process. But new threats to the world have arisen, including Skye’s father, Cal (Kyle McLachlan), who now seeks retribution against Coulson for stealing his revenge against Whitehall; a disturbing alliance between former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Ward (Brett Dalton) and Agent 33; the enigmatic Raina (Ruth Negga), who struggles with her transformation into something inhuman by the alien Obelisk and seeks vengeance; and Skye (Chloe Bennet), who developed mysterious new powers from the Obelisk but whose lack of experience with her new abilities may threaten the safety of those she loves.

Meanwhile, Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki) and Mack (Henry Simmons) begin the next phase of a plan which seems to have grave repercussions for Coulson and his team, who are unaware that there’s another mysterious force moving against them. And as Hunter (Nick Blood) is forced to make the biggest choice of his life, Coulson will find his mission threatened by this shocking endgame.

In the midseason premiere, “Aftershocks,” Coulson’s team must deal with the consequences of their war with Hydra as shocking revelations threaten to tear them apart, and Hydra makes a dangerous move that may involve a traitor in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s midst.

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.11 - Aftershocks - Press Release + Season 2B Storyline + Adrianne Palicki promoted to Regular *Updated*

Posted by Paradox at Saturday, February 14, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/agents-of-shield-episode-212-epidemic.html

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Agents of SHIELD': Inhumans Are a "Potential Threat"

11:00 AM PST 3/2/2015 by Aaron Couch

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-skye-as-inhuman-778497

When the show returns, Skye's newfound powers are a secret, and she's not even sure they are real herself. Bennet, Clark Gregg (Coulson) and executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell revealed secrets of the upcoming midseason premiere during a set visit attended by The Hollywood Reporter and a handful of news outlets.

Here are five must-know tidbits they revealed....

Edited by tv echo

Agents of SHIELD': Inhumans Are a "Potential Threat"

11:00 AM PST 3/2/2015 by Aaron Couch

http://www.hollywood...-inhuman-778497

From that article:

She also has a reason to potentially keep her powers a secret, because, "people who have powers, from SHIELD’s perspective, are put on the Index," said Bennet, referring to SHIELD's list of super-powered beings and objects. Being on the Index is something she'd like ot avoid.

How does Skye figure out she even has powers -- at the end of last fall's finale, the diviner opened and she was exposed to ..... something.  That just doesn't automatically mean she has powers.  She could have just been dosed with radiation and now she gets to die a slow death.

Skye's Inhuman reveal will be controversial amongst the team.

Though It's unclear when the team will learn the truth about Skye, each member will react differently, with some reacting well and other reacting "in a bad way," said Bennet.

Has the word 'Inhuman' even been uttered on AoS up until this point in the show ?  While she is escaping the underground city, does Skye see a sign outside a bar called the 'Inhuman Inn' that says 'No Masks, No Powers and No Heroics' (along the lines of the British sitcom 'No Heroics',  which I thoroughly enjoyed) and just assumes that now she has powers.

Coulson and Skye now have a Kree "connection," as Gregg calls it. Coulson's  onscreen death in The Avengers was remedied with the help of Kree blood (and some very painful procedures). As an Inhuman, Skye also has Kree blood running through her veins. But despite their close relationship, Skye is in quarantined in the midseason premiere.

That sounds all well and good, except for one minor problem - Coulson and Skye ALREADY had a Kree connection because that both had their lives saved by the Kree blood.  Wouldn't have any of the tests that Simmons ran after Skye was shot (let alone any of the medical workups done before that point) have told her that Skye's DNA was different as was the blood running through her veins before she was injected with GH325 ?

"Instead of montaging Spider-Man on the subway having fun for about three minutes learning his powers, we can actually explore what it means to go through that," said Bell.

And that's the problem with Skye's Inhuman powers -- the power to cause earthquakes has to be one of the more useless powers in the MCU.  What happens if she 'accidentally' turns on her powers while the Bus is in mid-flight ?  The plane crashses, everyone's dead and the show ends. Skye's powers are even more useless than that episode of Family Guy when the entire family were turned in mutants with powers by toxic waste -- and Meg's powers were that she could grow and retract her fingernails like a crappy version of Wolverine.

With Skye and a soon-to-be introduced Inhuman Lincoln (Luke Mitchell) having extraordinary abilities, they will be more likely to turn heads than they would in the comics.

While I am looking forward to Luke Mitchell (he played one of the better parts in 'The Tomorrow People'), the problem with introducing superpowers is that they are generally one note powers that are only useful in specific circumstances.  Skye can make earthquakes -- why earthquakes exactly ?  Was there a menu of superpowers that Skye could have been given and this is what the Diviner selected for her ?  And because Raina was also upgraded by the Diviner, does that mean she was also an Inhuman to start with ?  And why did she get different powers than Skye ? And what are those powers exactly ?  Does Raina have to go through the same training-to-use-her-powers process like Sky does or does she just automatically know everything about it because that's just the way Raina rolls. If Raina wasn't an Inhuman to start with, but now has gnarly powers, that makes Trip's death seem all the more wasted by the writers (or did B. J. Britt just want to get the hell out).

How does Raina escape the city exactly with no one from S.H.I.E.L.D. noticing (unless her power is teleportation) ?

(edited)

They pretty much told us that Raina was like Skye. That's the whole reason Raina talked to her, she knew they were the same (species?) She was the one that said her grandmother told her stories of blue angels coming down from the sky and awarding their people special abilities. Tripp was a normal human therefore he could not get super powers and the process killed him.

The Diviner apparently just gives out random powers. Skye's mother became immortal, Skye got earthquake powers and Raina turned into some kind of creature. From the comics the Inhumans all have strange powers, one of them can control the growth of her tougher than steel hair. Another is a dog that can teleport so maybe Raina can do that. 

As for the Kree blood they did all notice that Skye did not have the same reaction to GH235 as Coulson and the rest of the people that went crazy writing the map on anything they could. That's what made them start to believe Skye was different before she got misted. 

From the promos it looks like Skye is making more things shake and break apart so I'm assuming that's when she figures it out it's her. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

It's my understanding that Skye does not know she has powers at first, but figures it out when earthquakes keep happening around her (especially when she's stressed out/upset). 

Just because the cast and writers are using the word "Inhumans" in interviews, that doesn't mean the characters know that term yet.

Raina already knew she was Inhuman and knew that the mists would activate her power (although not exactly what kind of power she'd get), which is why she really wanted to get into that city. She also knew what Skye was.

I kind of like that most powers are only useful in very specific situations and that Skye's is more of a detriment than an asset, at least at first. The show would be boring if Skye basically became Superman; the rest of the characters' skills would be redundant. Plus I'd have to read a whole lot of complaining about "Skyeflake" here. ;)

• Love 1

I agree, I like that Skye doesn't have a useful power. If she did then the rest of the team wouldn't need to do anything. She's not going to be much of a help until she can learn to harness her powers, even then it won't be that helpful unless they want to explode people or bring buildings down. Right now SHIELD is needed to protect her and everyone around her. 

I'm interested in what kind of powers Lincoln will have since they are all pretty weird powers. I think the only one that has awesome powers is Crystal who can control the elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. She's like Captain Planet. lol. 

My concern is that the whole "Skye has gnarly superhuman  powers" story is just a distraction in AoS in order to soft-pedal plot development until Avengers 2 comes out in May, and we get another massive change like we got post-The Winter Soldier release -- like how S.H.I.E.L.D. is somehow resurrected as a legitimate entity and can come out of hiding.

They're introducing the Inhumans, who are going to be the subject of a 2018 movie; AoS is actually leading the way this time instead of reacting to movie events. I think that introducing the MCU's version of mutants is a pretty damn big change.

• Love 2
(edited)
“Love in the Time of Hydra” – Coulson and his team are still reeling from a shocking revelation that leaves the team fractured as they must decide what to do with one of their own. Meanwhile, Bobbi and Mack reveal their true allegiance to Hunter, while elsewhere, Ward and Agent 33 embark on a personal mission, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Tuesday, March 29 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.14 - Love In The Time of Hydra - Press Release

Posted by Klutzy_girl at Friday, March 06, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/agents-of-shield-episode-213-one-of-us.html

I can’t believe how Simmons reacted on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What’s next? — Randy

Can you blame her? Every time they’ve faced someone with powers, it hasn’t ended well. “As she sees it, the stakes are enormous and she can’t let this happen again,” Elizabeth Henstridge says. “She can’t go through this again. She’s taking a very scientific route, which she’s always kind of had in her, but she’s always had Fitz to level her out. That’s not happening now. Also, she’s not listening to Fitz. It’s hard. It’s her way of grieving. She’s traumatized.” Traumatized enough to kill Skye if it came to it? “In the mindset she’s in right now, yeah, I think so,” Henstridge adds ominously.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Jane, Bones, Once, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS   Posted March 6 2015 — 2:52 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/06/spoiler-room-scoop-jane-bones-once-and-more

Edited by tv echo
Any scoop on Strike Back, Grey’s Anatomy or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? –Alamin

I choose Door No. 3, and in turn tease that Drea de Matteo’s “gifted” baddie when we first meet her on Tuesday is a bit more “Edward Scissorhands” than the new promo suggests; Jemma and Bobbi bond some over the “comes with the job” aspect of colleagues lying to each other; and May’s ex (played by Blair Underwood) gives her some guff when they reunite, stemming from an unreturned phone call.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Haven, Bones, Mad Men, Good Wife, Teen Wolf, Blue Bloods and More!

By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 12 2015, 5:14 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/03/12/castle-season-7-spoilers-haven-bones-teen-wolf/

Edited by tv echo
Press Release for 2x15

What's curious to me is the guest stars that are listed.  Lucy Lawless as Isabelle Hartley? Christine Adams as Agent Weaver?  What is happening?

Gotta be flashbacks for Bobbi or Hunter or both.  Or, if 'The Blacklist' has started a terrible trend, another shitty clip show.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
With May’s husband appearing on this week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., does that mean we’ll finally find out what happened in Bahrain? — Jimmy

Not exactly, but you will get a big clue about it that surprisingly relates to Skye. In related news, the team will also discover a debilitating side effect of Skye’s powers that could jeopardize her future with the team.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Scandal, Flash, Hawaii Five-0, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted March 13 2015 — 12:23 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/13/spoiler-room-scoop-scandal-flash-hawaii-five-0-and-more

Edited by tv echo

Oh, it's easy to forget that May is more than just the team badass. She's very intelligent, and devious when she wants to be. Plus she's almost certainly a better tactician than Coulson.

Got any scoop about Ward on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? I miss seeing him on the show. –Amy

Well, you won’t miss seeing him much longer, at all. And when he does resurface, alongside Agent 33, think: “Opening scene from Pulp Fiction.” Bonus scoop: By the end of the next episode, Skye will have something in common with Steve Rogers.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Grey's, Bones, Glee, New Girl, Castle, The Flash, Arrow, Shameless and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 18 2015, 4:06 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/03/18/greys-anatomy-callie-romance-spoilers/

Edited by tv echo

Hopefully they just come up with some kind of serum that can help her control her powers a bit more. I've posted before that I'm glad her powers aren't amazing, but at this point I think they're too shitty! Girl can't actually use them without endangering everyone, but can't repress them because she breaks her own bones. Something has to change.

• Love 1

I think they're supposed to be shitty powers because they are an experiment from a race of aliens that wanted to use them as weapons, they didn't care how the powers effected the people they were using. 

• Love 2
When are we going to see Ward return to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Brianna 

Soon, and he’s formed a special bond with Agent 33. “He takes on the paternal role in some ways and the leader in some ways, which is completely not what May would see Ward as, especially now that he’s Hydra,” Ming-Na Wen tells me. “Agent 33 absolutely sees him as her king, really. This is the person that will protect her and save her from her former situation and she develops feelings for him, you know, because he’s really good looking.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Grey's, Glee, Orphan Black and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS  Posted March 20 2015 — 2:18 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/20/spoiler-room-scoop-greys-glee-orphan-black-and-more

Edited by tv echo
“Afterlife” – As Robert Gonzalez makes his move, Coulson must do whatever it takes to protect the future of S.H.I.E.L.D. Meanwhile Skye’s journey to control her powers takes a surprising turn when she meets the enigmatic Inhuman named Lincoln, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Tuesday, April 7 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.16 - Afterlife - Press Release

Posted by Klutzy_girl at Saturday, March 21, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/agents-of-shield-episode-216-afterlife.html

The Tomorrow People‘s Luke Mitchell is on his way to help out one of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and TVLine has your first look at his Inhuman form.  The Aussie actor next month will make his debut on the Marvel-ous ABC drama as Lincoln, a charismatic Inhuman who has an important role to play in Skye understanding the true extent of her transformation.

luke-mitchell-agents-of-shield.jpg

Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 - First Look at Inhuman Luke Mitchell

Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, March 20, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/agents-of-shield-season-2-first-look-at.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
Anything Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Jessica

Tuesday’s episode will feature the return of Lucy Lawless as Isabelle Hartley. Unfortunately, she’s still dead, but we’ll get a flashback to the day S.H.I.E.L.D. fell and find out exactly how the real S.H.I.E.L.D. came to be. Unfortunately, not all of the real S.H.I.E.L.D.’s leaders agree on how to handle the hostile takeover, which will lead to a number of injuries. Injuries, though, not fatalities. Don’t worry!

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Game of Thrones, S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted March 27 2015 — 1:28 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/spoiler-room-thrones-shield-arrow-spoilers

“Melinda” – The story of Melinda May’s transformation into “The Cavalry” is revealed as she finds herself at a crossroads in the war between Coulson and Gonzales. As Skye learns more about her true heritage from Lincoln, the truth about the Inhumans will send her in a new direction, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Tuesday, April 14 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.17 - Melinda - Press Release

Posted by Bradley Adams at Saturday, March 28, 201

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/agents-of-shield-episode-217-melinda.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I was a little puzzled how May in the episode “One of Us” told Andrew they would not send Skye away, then in “Love in a Time of Hydra” she told Coulson she agreed with her ex. My question is: Do we see more development in her relationship with Skye that she considers Skye family? –Stephanie

Any concerns you might have about May’s faith in Skye should be alleviated this Tuesday, when amidst utter chaos, May makes it a priority to do whatever she can to (hopefully) save Skye from certain doom. All in all, the next episode is quite excellent, offering a fascinating series of flashbacks to when S.H.I.E.L.D. fell circa Captain America 2, thus allowing us to really see Lucy Lawless’ Isabelle Hartley (and her knife) in action. Meanwhile, in the present timeline, you’ll get the knock-down, drag-out agent-on-agent fight you perhaps never knew you wanted.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Scorpion, S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow, Justified, Bates, Once, Laura, iZombie and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 30 2015, 10:51 AM PD

http://tvline.com/2015/03/30/scorpion-season-finale-spoilers-cliffhanger/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Jake: Can we really trust this Gonzales guy on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? This whole "real S.H.I.E.L.D." business sounds pretty suspicious.

We took your question straight to Edward James Olmos himself to find out if Gonzales really means what he says, or if he's got ulterior motives when it comes to leading what he calls the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D. "Take his word at face value? Oh god yes," Olmos says. "Are you kidding? Especially in the time that they're living in. Can you imagine if this guy wasn't really speaking from the heart? Oh my god. Then they should have gotten another actor to play it!"

NEWS/ Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, The Flash, Outlander and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Tue., Mar. 31, 2015 9:00 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/641071/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-game-of-thrones-pretty-little-liars-the-flash-outlander-and-more

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Frenemy of My Enemy (4/21)

GRANT WARD MAY BE COULSON’S LAST HOPE, ON “MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.” ON ABC

“The Frenemy of My Enemy” – A dangerous new alliance is formed as Coulson and Hunter turn to the last person anyone would expect – Grant Ward! As the war between S.H.I.E.L.D. factions continues, Skye and Lincoln will find themselves drawn into this conflict, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, APRIL 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.18 - The Frenemy of My Enemy - Press Release

Posted by Bradley Adams at Monday, April 06, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/agents-of-shield-episode-218-frenemy-of_6.html

Edited by tv echo

Shouldn't Skye's first question be "Who changed my clothes and stuck all these glowing acupuncture needles in me ?"  instead of "Who are you ?" 

She does ask what they are doing in the promo .

"The Dirty Half Dozen" - Gonzales and Coulson must find a way to put their differences aside and work together against Hydra, even if it means teaming up with someone they don't trust, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," Tuesday, April 28 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.19 - The Dirty Half Dozen - Press Release

Posted by Klutzy_girl at Saturday, April 11, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/agents-of-shield-episode-219-dirty-half.html

Will FitzSimmons have any contact while she’s undercover at the Real Shield? Loved them on the last episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — Ditchthel

Not any time soon. But Fitz will come into contact with some other familiar faces during next week’s episode, while Simmons may begin to doubt whether she made the right decision when it comes to Fury’s toolbox. But more importantly, this is the episode where we find out how Melinda May became The Cavalry. Trust me, it’s been worth the wait.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Orphan Black, S.H.I.E.L.D., Gotham, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS   Posted April 10 2015 — 3:31 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/10/spoiler-room-orphan-black-shield-gotham-spoilers

Is there a possibility of Cobie Smulders reprising her role as Maria Hill on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this season? –T

I don’t know about Cobie appearing in the flesh, but you will see “Maria Hill” in this Tuesday’s episode, which as you know finally reveals the dark origin of “The Cavalry” aka May’s infamous nickname. (Suffice to say, the backstory kicks a lot of ass, literally and emotionally. Kleenex will be needed.) Elsewhere in the episode, Skye — with help from Jiaying — gets a better handle on what exactly her gift is (or isn’t).

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Revenge, Once, Grimm, Gotham, The Blacklist, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D., B99 and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 10 2015, 6:26 AM PDT

http://tvline.com/2015/04/10/once-upon-a-time-emma-hook-may-sweeps-spoilers/

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.17 - Melinda - Sneak Peek

Posted by Bradley Adams at Thursday, April 09, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/agents-of-shield-episode-217-melinda_9.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)

Airs: Tuesday, May 12 at 9/8c

There's a lot going on this season on S.H.I.E.L.D., but executive producer Jeffrey Bell promises the ambitious finale will answer all your big burning questions while posing a few news ones. Part of the conclusion will find Skye finally determining how she truly feels about her newfound powers. "We looked at her journey this season as birth of a superhero," Bell says. "You want by the end of the season to have a sense of 'This is who I am, these are my abilities and I'm mostly OK with it' or 'I hate it.'"Meanwhile, Coulson and Gonzales will continue to find themselves at odds, with May and Bobbi in caught in the middle. "Whether that ends up with a big group hug or bodies everywhere is to be determined," Bell teases.

Must-Watch Finales: Scoop on 33 Season-Enders

http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/must-watch-tv-finales-2015/photo/bf1e1b10-8ce4-4fed-9e86-d6e3edc77a55/

Edited by tv echo

The finale sounds promising. I like the idea of May and Bobbi tentatively working together in the middle of the situation. Aside from Coulson, May doesn't really have any peer friends, as she's trainer and den mother to Skye, Simmons, and Fitz. I'm all for some bonding between these two agents.

• Love 2

So Gonzales has a secret as well...

Agents of SHIELD - Episode 2.19 - The Dirty Half Dozen - Sneak Peek

Posted by Paradox at Friday, April 24, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/agents-of-shield-episode-219-dirty-half_24.html

Okay, I am really excited about this secret that Gonzalez has because I had a feeling that there was something special about what was on that ship as soon as we saw that Bobbi was sent on a suicide mission to destroy it.

What will the reunion with Ward look like on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — Ralph

Remember when Simmons vowed to kill Ward? She may finally make good on that promise—or at least try to. “Simmons meant what she said,” Elizabeth Henstridge tells me. “She hates him so much. He did the worst thing possible to her and took away the most precious thing in her life, which is Fitz.” In that case, do it!

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Scandal, Big Bang, SHIELD, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS  Posted April 24 2015 — 3:42 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/24/spoiler-room-scoop-scandal-big-bang-shield-and-more

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

http://www.hypable.com/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-2x19-hints/

It leads right into ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’

And not just because “The Dirty Half-Dozen” is capped off with a clip from the movie. Not only are there a few nifty Easter eggs to look forward to, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 19 spells out exactly how the conflicts of the show will impact the Avengers – and even why it all happens in the first place.

The gang’s all here, and they’re not happy

Yes, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 19 does include a “reunion” of the show’s “original six,” as it were. Coulson, May, Skye, Fitz, Simmons, and Ward do go on a mission together, and they do manage to work as a team. (Mostly.)

But fans shouldn’t expect old grievances to disappear – not even close. The deja vu of their reunion stirs up ugly feelings for those who have been hurt by Ward; eventually, those feelings go beyond words into a physical confrontation which will leave viewers hearts pounding.

The Gonzales thing is becoming a problem

“The Dirty Half-Dozen” makes it clearer than ever before that Coulson and Gonzales are very well-matched as foes. Both men have elaborate plots in play, and both are keeping secrets from people they claim to trust. Gonzales and Coulson each seem confident that they have the upper hand as they advance their pieces across the metaphorical chessboard, but viewers will be less sure who is really winning.
Especially as their vastly divergent goals threaten to poke holes in their trusted officers – and even S.H.I.E.L.D. itself.
Someone switches sides – sort of

Many characters on the show inhibit various shades of gray, but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, episode 19 makes an interesting change for one of these independent agents. By the end of the episode, this character finds him/herself back in the ranks of S.H.I.E.L.D. – apparently permanently. The new development brings another strong personality to the Playground, and opens up several intriguing options for future episodes

Theta Protocol is revealed

The outlines of oft-teased Theta Protocol, which Coulson has been keeping oppressively secret, appear to become evident by at the end of “The Dirty Half-Dozen.” And though the details and implications are vague, we’ll just say that Theta is much bigger than we were expecting.

Oh, and someone dies

Not everybody makes it out of Team Coulson’s mission alive – and it’s pretty shocking to see exactly what goes down.

Edited by Humbugged

Is it just me or are they really hyping this episode? (I guess because of AoU, makes sense). Anyway, it's working - I kinda want to see it. I was never a huge fan of the original team (mostly because I was never big on Coulson after the first few episodes and because Fitz and Simmons bored me until season 2), but I'm really interested in their team-up, mostly because of Ward/everyone else. Hope Simmons has a good moment.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1