Type keyword(s) to search

Clearance Level 10: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Given that we've already had one team member turn out to be a mole, I don't think Simmons has really turned. 

But given that scientific curiosity seems to drive a large part of her motivations, I don't think it's outside the realm that she joined for real. And what a twist that would be! 

If you have a look at the song lyrics, it actually provides a ton of insight into what she's doing.  Well, not a ton, but enough to potentially conclude that she's playing at being a Hydra agent and is doing it all for Fitz. That was a purposefully chosen song if I ever did hear one.

Interesting. I didn't really catch what was being said in the song. I seriously hope you are right about her doing it for Fitz... I don't think the poor guy could survive that. Also; what would it do for the team to learn they have had TWO moles? Would anybody trust anyone anymore if that happened?

Also; what would it do for the team to learn they have had TWO moles?

Three, if you count Skye.

Perhaps by the end of the season, we will discover that everyone in the group was a mole and Fitz only hallucinated that any of them were still working for the good guys.

• Love 2

Perhaps by the end of the season, we will discover that everyone in the group was a mole and Fitz only hallucinated that any of them were still working for the good guys.

Four, since May was secretly reporting to Fury over Coulson's head...

Four, since May was secretly reporting to Fury over Coulson's head...

Was May technically a mole since she was still working for SHIELD and Fury? That being said, it is true the team has had their share of secrets and betrayals of trust... I guess I meant a mole for Hydra.

Well, no, she wasn't a mole in that sense, but she is yet another member of the team who was maintaining an alternate identity/mission without the awareness of the others - so in the sense of the comment I replied to, which observed how many of these characters have snuck beneath the team's radar as double-agents of a sort, May can kinda be counted as another one.

Does anyone thing it's a little ironic that Coulson is the one doing interviews to recruit new assets when he missed that 3 members of Team Bus had other agendas?

Well, before that, he spent years working for SHIELD and couldn't figure out that half of his co-workers were HYDRA.  Then again, neither could anyone else, so it's not like anyone on the team is an especially good option.

There are some promo photos of Episode 9 of Season 2 on Spoilertv.com -- but they aren't very interesting except for the Mexican standoff on the Bus.  Skye just does not look badass holding a gun when standing next to May holding a gun.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/agents-of-shield-episode-209-ye-who_21.html

They are teasing that an agent may die in this episode -- again.  That is just getting old -- and quickly.

"SHIELD discovers the ancient city before Hydra, but uncovering the secrets may require one of Coulson's team to make the ultimate sacrifice."

ETA: Spoilertv also has the episode description and details for the winter finale (Episode 10)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/agents-of-shield-episode-210-what-they.html

No one really gives a crap that the clash between Hydra and SHIELD will "dramaticaly alter everyone's fates" -- yeah, sure it will, why not ?  Why don't they just tease that someone might die or make the ultimate sacrifice -- again ?  And no one really cares about Skye and her past and her daddy/mommy issues that are so "shocking".  If Skye was undercover in disguise wearing a short skirt at a party and somehow ended up in an armed standoff with a Hydra agent and a Ben wa ball suddenly dropped to the floor, then I would be shocked.

The big giveaway is that there is a 3rd Koenig brother (Sam) -- which means they have to be either clones of LMDs

Though I take offense to Kyle McLachlan's character being referred to as 'The Doctor' -- there is only one 'The Doctor' and it's not on this show.  Give him a real name already.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Actually, I say let them keep going "an agent may die this episode!". That pretty much means none of them will. It's when the promos and producers are quiet for too long you might have to start worrying.

There are some promo photos of Episode 9 of Season 2 on Spoilertv.com -- but they aren't very interesting except for the Mexican standoff on the Bus.  Skye just does not look badass holding a gun when standing next to May holding a gun.

In fairness, I don't think she is supposed to. Skye's come a long way, but she is still the rookie learning the ropes. I don't think it reflects badly on her that she isn't as 'badass' as May - she's a very different personality and is in a very different place in her life. There's already one stone-cold badass on the show. Wide-eyed newbie Skye represents the other side of that coin.

Often, when S.H.I.E.L.D. has to tackle something serious that could drastically alter the lives of the team, it does so with puns and jokes to deflect from the gravity of the situation. However, nearly all of that’s gone in “What They Become” because the nature of the situation is so serious that jokes would simply feel inappropriate, and it’s that willingness to break from childish norm that allows the series to truly carry some dramatic weight.

Uh oh.  This is going to suck.

Looks like they're adding another recurring character - May's ex husband.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23805/blair_underwood_joins_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Okay. It's odd that they made this casting announcement like... days after all of the sound and fury over how often they kill black cast members.

Also, another bit of repetitiveness is that we've already GOT exes, with Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter. Get some new ideas, show! You JUST did this one! Like 30 seconds ago!

• Love 1

From TVDB:

Skye escapes with Phill and learns to control her new-found ability. A clan of super-skilled people emerges to take control of HYDRA. Agent 33 and Ward return to SHIELD and swear their allegiance. Raina accepts a leadership role with HYDRA, but some of the clan members join SHIELD to protect the world Is this the beginning of a new genre or of war?

Edited by Jack Kerouac
Agent 33 and Ward return to SHIELD and swear their allegiance.

More Ward?  Yay!  He's never going to be Season 1 Ward, so I like the idea of a morally questionable, potentially still a bad guy Ward.

I wonder if Agent 33 will get her old face back or if MingNa will still be playing her.

I'm confused some of these spoilers, but I guess will try and work through them a bit.

Agent 33 coming back to SHIELD would make sense, because it could be sold as her brainwashing being blamed, and SHIELD cleaning it up (maybe as well as her face, if they have some super-secret device that likely HYDRA also had but refused to use on 33). Because she's only a minor comic character, they have a lot of room to play with her story--so she's probably a better piece for the chessboard compared to lets say... Bobbi Morse, where there are probably limits to how they can treat her.

Ward coming back, whether he's "swearing allegiance" or not, obviously takes some gigantic exercise in wanking.  Either he's got some new leverage that keeps him from a return to his Hannibal Lecter cell, or SHIELD takes extreme measures like using a Suicide Squad type solution on him (a bomb in his head).  Even then, he's certainly not reliable, so there's got to be more to this.  They certainly aren't going to turn on a dime and insist he was brainwashed now.  And no less than three of the team members (Skye, Fitz and Simmons) preferring him dead (and May not much caring if he is) may seem like a nice dramatic setup, but it will probably get tiresome quickly.

"A clan of super-skilled people emerges to take control of HYDRA" sounds a lot like not just The Inhumans, but specifically Ennilux Corporation.  Which is a fairly new piece on Marvel's board, so I imagine that on one hand that gives some freedom, but also requires some coordination with the current comic writers so it's not totally flying in the face of the comics.  I haven't been reading these comics, but I gather from what I've heard that Ennilux (and Reader--probably the guy with no eyes) would be compatible with HYDRA's power agenda, even if hasn't been their exact storyline until now.

So that makes sense.

"Raina accepts a leadership role with HYDRA" makes less sense (despite her having worked with them before), because supposedly from her own (admittedly often lying) lips she wasn't really into their mission of world domination.  Unless maybe we put this through the filter of her being fascinated with being more than human and maybe bonding with the Ennilux folks.

"Some of the clan members join SHIELD to protect the world" is again them saying "Inhumans" without saying it.  It's probably not mainline future movie Inhumans even still, so I imagine some small subset has been set aside to be mentor characters to Super-Skye-Quake and edge the Marvel cine-verse in the right approximate direction for eventual characters they don't dare show yet, like Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Lockjaw, Maximus, Karnak, etc.

• Love 1
Either he's got some new leverage that keeps him from a return to his Hannibal Lecter cell, or SHIELD takes extreme measures like using a Suicide Squad type solution on him (a bomb in his head).

Oh please, no "no-kill" chips! I don't want Ward to become Spike #2.

• Love 1

Okay. It's odd that they made this casting announcement like... days after all of the sound and fury over how often they kill black cast members.

Also, another bit of repetitiveness is that we've already GOT exes, with Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter. Get some new ideas, show! You JUST did this one! Like 30 seconds ago!

It's not really that odd -- They announced it right before filming the episode because of set pics getting out. It's standard practice. I imagine this casting choice was made before the finale aired, as it take a bit of time to work out schedules and fees, and Blair Underwood is a pretty busy guy.

My guess is that they knew that they were going to have to drop Tripp because of B.J. Britt's schedule, and since they knew they were going to being casting someone for May's ex anyway (they've been dropping hints in interviews since the beginning of the season that they were going to get to May's backstory in a big way this year), they opted for a black actor. But that all probably happened before the winter finale aired.

• Love 1

Edward James Olmos Comes to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Marc Strom @Strommy  Published Jan 8, 2015
http://marvel.com/news/tv/23908/edward_james_olmos_comes_to_marvels_agents_of_shield.

14 of 27
Winter TV Spoilers 2015

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Having established in the winter finale that Skye is not just Daisy Johnson but also an Inhuman, exec producer Maurissa Tancharoen acknowledges that the ABC series is "blending and merging" certain Marvel source materials. Also, that reveal will only spawn more questions, especially since Skye "doesn't necessarily know what's happening" as a result of her being "transformed" by the obelisk's Terrigen Mist, says EP Jed Whedon. (As Tancharoen notes, "All of it will be tied to a very sad event in losing a dear, dear friend" in Agent Tripp. "It'll be a complex journey.") Elsewhere, Raina's own reaction to the mist will quickly be confirmed, we'll learn the name and agenda of the Man With No Eyes, and Melinda May will become a bit less of a mystery. As hinted by this piece of casting, "The long-awaited Cavalry story will be revealed," Tancharoen promises.
RETURN DATE: Tuesday, March 3 at 9/8c (ABC)

http://tvline.com/gallery/tv-spoilers-2015-season-premieres-photos/#!14/ming-na-wen-chloebennet/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

CLARK GREGG TALKS LAUNCHING INHUMANS ON "AGENTS OF SHIELD"
Fri, January 16th, 2015 at 5:58am PST | Updated: January 16th, 2015 at 5:58am
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58514

'Agents of SHIELD': Ward's motivations should 'become clear' by Season 2's end
By Terri Schwartz Jan 15th, 2015
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/agents_of_shield_season_2_brett_dalton_interview_ward_motivations_agent_33_skye-2015-01

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, S.H.I.E.L.D., Grey's, Arrow, Revenge, The Originals, HTGAWM and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 15 2015, 3:28 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2015/01/15/agents-of-shield-skye-ward-shooting-spoilers/

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans needs some SkyeWard hope after a certain shot(s) heard round the world in the winter finale. Got anything on their future? –Brooke
It would seem that any last shred of affection ‘tween the two took its hits as well. As Brett Dalton tells me, “Ward had a hell of a time in the cage by himself for six months, he had some suicidal tendencies, and once he comes to the end of wrestling with all of his demons, he makes a promise – to reunite Skye with her dad. And that went on for 10 episodes. But her shooting me three times kind of answers the question of, ‘Are you into this? Is this gonna work?’ It was a big statement for her to make. Things can never be the same.” That said, Dalton hinted at a “new chapter” ahead for his character.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

No thanks. Frankly, this show doesn't do romance well at all (I'm still angry they made Fitz in love with Simmons, which was terribly unimaginative), so wouldn't mind no romantic interactions in the cast whatsoever. The Hunter/Bobby thing already bores me. Not many people can write romance without turning it into a plot tumor, sadly. I am somewhat invested in Skye/Ward relationship, though, but not as a "ship", and exposing it as a creepy obsession is what made me interested in them in the first place.

Edited by FurryFury

People still ship Skye and Ward? What is with people's obsession with crazy creepers as romantic interests? 

When Skye sees Ward again I hope she shoots him again. That's what he deserves. I was happy they didn't go with the "Oh, poor Ward" redemption arc so far. They better not go back on that. 

I'd also be happy to not have romantic interest sub plots taking away from the plot. They should have enough story to keep going without them. If characters want to hook up, fine go ahead, but do it offscreen, then focus on the other characters. 

I wouldn't mind some romance, but I'd rather not see it at the forefront of episodes. This is an action show; it isn't Dawson's Creek. I liked what the writers did with May/Ward initially, where it was about a shared worldview/release and not about actual romance. I also liked how they pulled the rug out from under us with Skye/Ward, setting it up like a "soulmates" (bleh) kind of story but then actually making it a creepy obsessive thing. I don't mind Bobbi/Hunter. The bickering could get annoying if it goes on forever, but as of now it's taken up little enough time in the episodes that I mostly find it entertaining.

I agree about the idea of Fitz/Simmons; it was predictable and too easy to make one be secretly in love with the other. I wish they hadn't done it -- there's a real lack of solid platonic m/f relationships on TV, and the actors themselves deliberately played it as a sibling-type relationship -- but I do like that Simmons has made it clear on more than one occasion that she doesn't think of Fitz that way, so at least the writers didn't bow to fan pressure and make them an item (yet, anyway). If they're going to put either of them in a relationship, I'd like to see them dating someone who isn't so similar to them that they constantly finish each other's sentences.

Honestly, I'd be happy with zero romance but better development of the friendships and less taking their word for it that, say, Fitz and Ward bonded on the plane or that Skye is so important to Simmons that Simmons couldn't imagine her life without her. I think the writers could do that without taking away from the action.

• Love 3
Honestly, I'd be happy with zero romance but better development of the friendships and less taking their word for it that, say, Fitz and Ward bonded on the plane or that Skye is so important to Simmons that Simmons couldn't imagine her life without her. I think the writers could do that without taking away from the action.

Exactly @cranberry.  I'd like to see more personal development, and actually show how they build trust and teamwork amongst the members, and do away with intrateam romance nonsense.   After all it's called 'The Bus', not the 'The Bangbus'.

. I liked what the writers did with May/Ward initially, where it was about a shared worldview/release and not about actual romance.

I just have to answer, because the May/Ward hook-up was the last straw that broke the camel's back for me when I've dropped the show originally. It was chemistry-free and made ZERO sense. Literally. I've gave them a few episodes, but it continued in this vein, and I was out, until I've heard about Ward's betrayal and it suddenly made sense, plus it was a genuinely surprising twist overall. On its own, this is exactly a type of "romance" I don't want the show to feature. I'd vastly prefer Skye/Ward - because of how effectly and decisively it deconstructs the all-pervasive "love redeems" stereotype that's so popular nowadays. The show (via Skye) treats is as a creepy obsession, defying the expectations of those viewers that have come to expect her to forgive him. Because it's not like Elena doesn't forgive Damon and Stefan Salvatore on "The Vampire Diaries", or Belle doesn't forgive Rumplestiltskin on "Once Upon A Time".

but I do like that Simmons has made it clear on more than one occasion that she doesn't think of Fitz that way, so at least the writers didn't bow to fan pressure and make them an item (yet, anyway).

I really hope the show will deconstruct (or at least avert) the classic "Nice Guy" trope by not making Simmons fall for Fitz. I'm seeing it already in play on The Flash (with the shippers' main argument being "It's canon in the comics, so she should fall in love with the guy who's she never been shown/hinted to have any romantic feelings for"), and I don't want to see it here as well.

I'd love to see some development of Simmons/Bobby, actually. If there'll be a big reveal about Bobby (which has been kinda-sorta set up), I don't want the show to just focus on Hunter when it happens. Simmons was saved by her, she should have a big reaction too.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I wasn't sure if we could bring up promos as spoilers, but we really don't have a thread for that here. Mods, if I'm in the wrong spot, let me know!

New promo during Agent Carter. It was Skye heavy, she's back in a medical cell. You see a really BAMF shot of May shooting her guns and another shot of Fit looking super freaked out. I'm guessing Skye loses control because the promo ends with her sobbing "there's something really wrong with me."

Sooooo, we're going to have a scared Skye and probably a lot of shaky cam shots before she gets herself under control.

• Love 1

Never saw Tomorrow People, but heard a lot of good stuff about this guy (unlike his co-stars who were panned seemingly everywhere - but CW still loves them!) 

I did watch it and Luke was the reason I stuck with the show at all. He should have been the lead, but oh well. If you're curious and have Netflix, you could check out an episode or two of The Tomorrow People. I would highly recommend episodes 1 (Pilot), 4 (Kill or be Killed), 8 (Thanatos), 12 (Sitting Ducks) and 17 (Modus Vivendi).  

Ever since The Tomorrow People was cancelled, I'd been hoping he would get on SHIELD. Can't wait to see him on the show. :)

http://www.ibtimes.com/agents-shield-season-2-spoilers-clark-gregg-chloe-bennet-spill-inhumans-plot-details-1810132

Once the team figures out that Skye has powers, they’ll be the ones protecting her — because they won’t be the only ones who discover her abilities. Bennet didn’t say who would come after her character, but she implied that others would be interested in Skye for the wrong reasons. “If anything, Coulson and the rest of the team are going to be the ones trying to probably protect her from other parts of the world that are going to be very interested in what her powers have to offer,” Bennet teased.

While it would seem that evil organizations like Hydra would want to use people with powers for their own gain, Hydra or other new villains will consider Skye dangerous. Someone will want to eliminate the Inhumans because they are different. Gregg revealed that the Inhumans story line would be about accepting new people who diverge from the norm. “They’re people who evolve differently. And some people think that’s okay and a blessing for our species, and there are those who think they need to be put down. It feels very topical to me,” Gregg told Collider.

• Love 1
Someone will want to eliminate the Inhumans because they are different. Gregg revealed that the Inhumans story line would be about accepting new people who diverge from the norm. “They’re people who evolve differently. And some people think that’s okay and a blessing for our species, and there are those who think they need to be put down. It feels very topical to me

So, basically, X-Men?

I've just laughed imagining a DC TV show commercial with their female characters. Gotham with its whiny ex-junkie Barbara Gordon and her ex-junkie ex-gf Montoya? (I know she has fans in the comics but her TV incarnation sucks) The Flash with its shallow love interest Iris West and Caitlyn Snow with her awful acting and fluctuating characterization? Arrow with Blackmail Canary and brainwashed Thea? Will poor Felicity and all those dead kick-ass Arrow women have to shoulder the brunt of it? Sure seems so!

There are quite a few problems with this show, but at least it features a plethora of active and capable women who get equal screentime to men and aren't fridged for their development or reduced to the role of clueless love interests. This is really refreshing for a comic book show.

None of the women on the Marvel shows are just a love interest, in fact love interests are the least important part of their shows. There are other issues, but it's refreshing to see women treated as equally as the men. 

DC's women are mostly plot points or the heroes love interest, with maybe an episode where they get to do something heroic (that includes Felicity, even though most of her fans think she walks on water). On the Marvel shows the women are always doing something heroic. 

I think the only reason I watch the Flash is because it's on before Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter. I love Agent Carter and am waiting to see what happens on Agents of SHIELD. 

So, basically, X-Men?

That was the plan they could not go into The Civil Wars with just Daredevil and Deathlok. Most everyone in the MCU is known to the public and they have action figurines from saving the world from an alien invasion.

I think the only reason I watch the Flash is because it's on before Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter. I love Agent Carter and am waiting to see what happens on Agents of SHIELD.

I only watch Flash because of Wells. If they kill him off, I think I'll drop the show. It's OK for what it is, but it's very formulaic and unambitious. 

Agent Carter is the best comic book show on air, for me.

Edited by FurryFury