Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

Wilden being ChArles would be positively GLORIOUS!

Except for the part where he would be another character who was "dead, burried, but wait, not really". Unless in the finale all waiters and waitresses throw away their capes and masks and are Rosewood's dead, I don't want this same storyline yet again. Who would be next? Ian? Toby's mother?

I think the show just used Cyrus for that particular "Ali lies to cover the truth of her going and staying missing" storyline. Him being tied to Varjack is just PLL's habit of throwing everything in the mystery pot, because might as well. It gave them material for a few scenes, which is pretty much what the show is for long stretches: series of scenes and plots that lead to dead ends. I'm not saying this like it's a bad thing; there are only so many actual reveals the show can do without going into revolving door As.

• Love 2
(edited)
Except for the part where he would be another character who was "dead, burried, but wait, not really". Unless in the finale all waiters and waitresses throw away their capes and masks and are Rosewood's dead, I don't want this same storyline yet again. 

That's your prerrogative. From my end, any reservations I had with characters coming back to life died with Alison coming back (heh). I was initially very against it but, imo, it ended up breathing a much needed air on the show through the second half of season 4 and the bulk of season 5. So if it takes the show to new and different places, then I'm game.

Especially if it means ChArles ends up being a character who's been around since day one AND had substantial interactions with the liars. The only alive characters I'd be happy with being ChArles are Ezra and Toby and that's never gonna happen. So I'll happily take Wilden.

(I like Wren a lot and he could work but, in my gut, I don't think it's him. I personally think it's kind of lame Charles' cover story being "away in London with Melissa", this whole time, and not for nothing, the actor is super busy and is pretty focused on his new show, so I find it unlikely he's coming back any time soon let alone stick around in any capacity if needed.)

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1
(edited)

That's your prerrogative. From my end, any reservations I had with characters coming back to life died with Alison coming back (heh). I was initially very against it but, imo, it ended up breathing a much needed air on the show through the second half of season 4 and the bulk of season 5. So if it takes the show to new and different places, then I'm game.

Especially if it means ChArles ends up being a character who's been around since day one AND had substantial interactions with the liars. The only alive characters I'd be happy with being ChArles are Ezra and Toby and that's never gonna happen. So I'll happily take Wilden.

(I like Wren a lot and he could work but, in my gut, I don't think it's him. I personally think it's kind of lame Charles' cover story being "away in London with Melissa", this whole time, and not for nothing, the actor is super busy and is pretty focused on his new show, so I find it unlikely he's coming back any time soon let alone stick around in any capacity if needed.)

Exactly!

Especially that Wilden never seemed to be acting on orders from anyone, and he has strong ties to the NAT club and he has that incredibly disturbing abusive male vibe in any given scene.

The ONLY thing that's keeping it from being Wilden, imo, is the fact that he's dead and that we saw his body on the street, then at the funeral, and we know there was a coroner's report. It's far fetched yes, but it's also something the writers could back down from with some serious explaining.

It would also explain how after he took the game from Mona he was blackmailing everyone he can to do his bidding. We know there's no way A Could have pulled any of this while also being a tormentor far Sara Harvey in the dollhouse for 2 years. Whereas if he blackmailed everyone to do his bidding up until he faked his death and went off the radar, it would make sense because technically season 3 from beginning to end only covers 2 months or a little more (September till early November 2011)

Edited by raytch
(edited)
The ONLY thing that's keeping it from being Wilden, imo, is the fact that he's dead and that we saw his body on the street, then at the funeral, and we know there was a coroner's report. It's far fetched yes, but it's also something the writers could back down from with some serious explaining.                                                                                                                                       It would also explain how after he took the game from Mona he was blackmailing everyone he can to do his bidding. We know there's no way A Could have pulled any of this while also being a tormentor far Sara Harvey in the dollhouse for 2 years. Whereas if he blackmailed everyone to do his bidding up until he faked his death and went off the radar, it would make sense because technically season 3 from beginning to end only covers 2 months or a little more (September till early November 2011)

Sasha already said someone who we thought was dead in coming back so we have that in benefit to the Wilden theory. As far as having been shown Wilden's body, we saw Mona's supposedly dead body as well. The writers could say faking their death is a trait that runs in the family. And Wilden would have had way more resources to do it than Alison ever did.

On another note, so we're all clear, the finale airs on Tuesday August 11, 2015. Charles' identity and backstory should be one of the revelations of that night, the Black Widow will be unmasked and we'll get the last appearance of Red Coat (Alison rising from the ashes?! Y/Y?). Along with the other previously mentioned revelations, that is. Remember we should also get to see Bethany's face, answers about the night at the Lodge and about Toby's mother. And, course, last but not least, we should be getting to know all of the A-team.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 3

Yes that's why I'm holding out hope for Wilden. Of all the deaths we've seen his is the one with most questions surrounding it, and it ties to A directly. His murder was also the main reason for Ashley being thrown in jail and a lot of what happened in 4A.

• Love 2

On another note, so we're all clear, the finale airs on Tuesday August 11, 2015. Charles' identity and backstory should be one of the revelations of that night, the Black Widow will be unmasked and we'll get the last appearance of Red Coat (Alison rising from the ashes?! Y/Y?). Along with the other previously mentioned revelations, that is. Remember we should also get to see Bethany's face, answers about the night at the Lodge and about Toby's mother. And, course, last but not least, we should be getting to know all of the A-team.

And I have a beach house in Perugia I could sell you.

• Love 3

Still rolling in the Wilden train myself. They haven't mentioned him in so long and I'm convinced that they want us to forget about him so they can surprise us. He was such a big part of the show for 4 seasons and there are still too many unanswered questions about him. I know this show drops a lot of stories but I think him being Charles would fit nicely.

• Love 1
Sasha already said someone who we thought was dead in coming back so we have that in benefit to the Wilden theory.

I figured she meant Charles. She might have thought people would actually fall for the whole "Charles is dead!" drama in the first couple of episodes and thinks the big "Charles is alive!" reveal is actually somewhat surprising to us instead of what every single person watching the show expected to happen.

Because wasn't Wilden like the number 1 suspect for Beach Hottie? AKA the older dude Ali hooked up with in Cape May during the summer, who would "kill her" if he found out she might have been knocked up? It'd be pretty disturbing if that was actually her brother. But then again, we've never got confirmation on who Beach Hottie was and CeCe could have been lying about Ali thinking she was pregnant (although her telling of the memory did come complete with a flashback and flashbacks aren't usually lies, right?). 

Also Wilden looked dead dead. I know Mona also looked dead dead, but we saw Wilden's body laying on the street for a while with like medics and cops milling around. Wouldn't they have checked to see that he was actually dead before throwing a sheet over his body? 

But Wilden does certainly resemble the little boy(s) in the videos and always has been shady AF so who knows. 

I figured she meant Charles. She might have thought people would actually fall for the whole "Charles is dead!" drama in the first couple of episodes and thinks the big "Charles is alive!" reveal is actually somewhat surprising to us instead of what every single person watching the show expected to happen.

Because wasn't Wilden like the number 1 suspect for Beach Hottie? AKA the older dude Ali hooked up with in Cape May during the summer, who would "kill her" if he found out she might have been knocked up? It'd be pretty disturbing if that was actually her brother. But then again, we've never got confirmation on who Beach Hottie was and CeCe could have been lying about Ali thinking she was pregnant (although her telling of the memory did come complete with a flashback and flashbacks aren't usually lies, right?). 

Cece narrated that flashback. The writers have said over and over again that flashbacks are the memories of the characters narrating them and thus they only represent their point of view, so it could not be the whole story.

Cece told the liars Ali had a pregnancy scare, but Ali hasn't mentioned anything about it since she came back and the liars never asked her, which makes me wonder if this ever happened or if Cece just lied about it.

Wilden was in Cape May, but Cece could have been covering for him by telling the pregnancy scare story and talking about Beach Hottie to send the liars on another wild goose chase.

PS: We've seen her do the exact same thing with Paige.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cece narrated that flashback. The writers have said over and over again that flashbacks are the memories of the characters narrating them and thus they only represent their point of view, so it could not be the whole story.

Cece told the liars Ali had a pregnancy scare, but Ali hasn't mentioned anything about it since she came back and the liars never asked her, which makes me wonder if this ever happened or if Cece just lied about it.

Wilden was in Cape May, but Cece could have been covering for him by telling the pregnancy scare story and talking about Beach Hottie to send the liars on another wild goose chase.

PS: We've seen her do the exact same thing with Paige.

Yeah, if CeCe told the liars that Wilden and Ali were hooking up that summer, it pretty much eliminates him being Charles in the liars' minds. She could have used that to throw him off the trail. No one has ever questioned Ali about what happened with Wilden that summer and I find that suspect.

Edit: I was trying to quote someone else and realized you said basically the same thing. Ignore this!

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 1
The ONLY thing that's keeping it from being Wilden, imo, is the fact that he's dead and that we saw his body on the street, then at the funeral, and we know there was a coroner's report. It's far fetched yes, but it's also something the writers could back down from with some serious explaining.

Evil twin robot clone space-alien impostor.  I wouldn't put it past this show.

I'd have a serious problem with Wilden being alive.  It's just too comic-bookish.  Ali not being dead was bad (the coroner couldn't correctly identify the body) but somewhat excusable as it was central to the plot for 4 season.  Mona's faking her death was much more believable, because a) it's Mona and b) no body, witnesses, autopsy, etc.  But Wilden?  I'd need all the cables on the Golden Gate Bridge to suspend my disbelief for that.

• Love 3

At this point, though, who HASN'T been at least a little bit arrested for murdering someone who wasn't dead? Just saying, not super stoked for Wilden but dead means about as much as a cop car pushed in the lake.

• Love 1

Ugh I hope that's not the case because how stupid does Marlene King and co think the fandom is?

• Love 2

At this point, though, who HASN'T been at least a little bit arrested for murdering someone who wasn't dead? Just saying, not super stoked for Wilden but dead means about as much as a cop car pushed in the lake.

Right. I've watched Days of our Lives for my entire life. Dead literally means nothing to me. My first memories are of a lady waking up from the dead. Wilden ain't no thang.

• Love 4

If they really have to resurrect somebody to make him the main villain it should be Ian, not Wilden. Ryan Merriman is a vastly better actor than Bryce Johnson.

Still rolling in the Wilden train myself. They haven't mentioned him in so long and I'm convinced that they want us to forget about him so they can surprise us.

I think they have simply forgotten him because he was so utterly forgettable. Hilariously incompetent too, I don't see why A would bother pretend to be that stupid.

• Love 2

Yes, I'm only A this week. I went after the girls because everyone else is doing it and I'm nothing if not a joiner. But I go easy on Aria because, seriously, look at what she wears. Hasn't she suffered enough?

• Love 2

When is the time jump happening? I feel like we've been hearing about that plot development for ages and we still haven't seen it on screen. Maybe there will be a quick 'x years later' scene in the finale, and then we won't even see anything substantial until the show comes back for 6B. Was that development spoiled by someone or did the writers or a person involved with the show just mention they were doing a timejump?

• Love 2

According to an interview with Marlene King in The Hollywood Reporter before the season started, the time jump happens when the second half of the season returns. So this half ends with the reveal of Charles and then when the show returns, it will be five years later. 

• Love 1

Thank you! Really interested to know why the time jump was revealed so far in advance. Probably just to build buzz for the show, but it would have been a fun surprise if they had managed to keep it quiet. Oh well. 

(edited)

Thank you! Really interested to know why the time jump was revealed so far in advance. Probably just to build buzz for the show, but it would have been a fun surprise if they had managed to keep it quiet. Oh well. 

Probably because they could sense the fans getting frustrated with drawing this A saga out for years on end and wanted to "reassure" them that they would be starting with a clean slate in 6B (IF THAT'S EVEN TRUE!!!).

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli

Probably because they could sense the fans getting frustrated with drawing this A saga out for years on end and wanted to "reassure" them that they would be starting with a clean slate in 6B (IF THAT'S EVEN TRUE!!!).

I'm afraid after the last episode they're going with Uber A who comes back to torture the liars after the jump. I don't know how many more A shenanigans I can watch...

• Love 1
(edited)

Right. I've watched Days of our Lives for my entire life. Dead literally means nothing to me. My first memories are of a lady waking up from the dead. Wilden ain't no thang.

On General Hospital, they just brought back a child who was killed in a car accident 5 years ago and his kidneys were supposed to be donated to someone else. Like seriously, dead means NOTHING on a soap, which this show basically is.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6

He was "pissed" when he realized he didn't have kidneys? I'm guessing no pun intended? That reminds me of when someone talking about Being Human said that the writers had trouble sinking their teeth into the vampire story line.

• Love 2

On General Hospital, they just brought back a child who was killed in a car accident 5 years ago and his kidneys were supposed to be donated to someone else. Like seriously, dead means NOTHING on a soap, which this show basically is.

So the donation form was a sham? Because I can't picture it being true AND the kid being alive at the same time! XD

(edited)

Lol, that happened on Days too! The family even met the people who got the father's organs but low and behold...

All of the dead people on this show could be hiding in A's bunker and I wouldn't think anything of it.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 2

So the donation form was a sham? Because I can't picture it being true AND the kid being alive at the same time! XD

A IS everywhere and nowhere. :/

• Love 1
(edited)
Because with the exception of Ali, hasn't everyone else who died had a funeral with a body?

Ali did have a regular funeral, it just wasn't her body. And Mona had a funeral, but no body. Considering Mrs D lied about the incineration, the fake burial in the backyard, and the lack of need for a public ceremony, we don't know that Charles had a funeral at all.

My main issue with Wilden being alive vs Charles and his faked death is that Wilden's body was found before a lot of degradation (unlike Ali's), seen by other cops/examiners who knew him and autopsied as part of an investigation (unlike Charles) and CeCe was accused of it and fled. Except for a conspiracy, it's hard to imagine everyone being fooled or paid off (and would Mrs D be able to divert that much money from somewhere without Mr D becoming aware of it?), and if the police were in on it, would they have even pretended to solve the case and have it go to trial instead of letting the file rot in someone's desk? And then there is CeCe's acting guilty and accepting Ali's ticket - without even warning her that she was innocent and Rosewood PD was onto something? or did she warn her off-screen and it was never mentioned as part of Ali's dilemma over trusting the police? Or did CeCe conveniently think she did kill Wilden, just like some of the many people crowding in Ali's yard in the Night Of Many Yellow Tops?

I took that to mean that the flashback is literally their memories and as such only a partial reflection of actual events, i.e. someone's flashback is real, but can lead to or even involve wrong conclusions, but not that we are shown flashbacks that are complete fabrications. CeCe didn't just narrate, we saw a scene on screen as she presumably remembers it. CeCe could remember things wrong about Ali's pregnancy scare, but I'd be pissed if the writers intended it to be a lie at the time i.e it simply never happened (instead of retconning over it that Ali hadn't had sex at that point) yet had it play out as a flashback anyway. The show has enough red herrings, twists and backtracking and the legit reveals we get are few enough without doubting even the flashbacks we saw. Remember how good it was when The Night of the Yellow Tops was reconstructed through the PoV flashbacks, a big deal was made out of how many people were misinterpreting events, and the truth was partially gleaned out from the overlaps? If any of that can be a lie, then... what is the point? Then maybe Melissa helped Mrs D dig a grave for Jenna, but Aria, high on Spencer's pills and chasing a rabbit to make earrings, startled Bethany Young who fell in the hole instead, while Ali was just sick of all these people making so much noise and took a plane out of her yard, ran out of gas and it took her years to walk back.

Edited by Crim
  • Love 4

Honestly, I just think we're not meant to remember that stuff. I think of it kind of like wrestling storylines - if the owner/writers can't remember what happened more than two weeks ago, they assume we can't either, and write accordingly. All the beach hottie stuff, wasn't it all red herrings leading to EzrA? So I think we're meant to disregard those clues in the grand scheme, as they lead to a different quarry. Same with clues for Toby, MonA, and whoever else, unless they were working for real A at the time.

Either that or it's like 3am. Your pick. At the least, I'd disregard all the Ravenswood stuff.

• Love 3

Mrs d was having Charles lie about his name on day passes from radley... Could cece really be Bethany? She also had on the yellow top and we know mrs d took bethany for trips out of radley. Cape may could have been one of those outings, letting the friends or connect and all. That's how they all became friends with cece and why mrs d helped her escape(the bag of clothes Ashley found). It would explain wildens relationship with cece and allow him to be Charles. Both using new identities.

But someone has to be dead. If Sara isn't dead, and Bethany isn't dead, then no one got murdered and there should have been no body in the grave. Not that that's a problem; it could have just been someone wearing a Bethany mask.

• Love 2

I think CeCe is dead, and CeCe and Bethany were twins. 

One key moment that gets overlooked is that CeCe (or whoever it really was) was wearing the same outfit that Ashley found in Allison's room when she confessed to killing Wilden. (When Ashley assumed Mrs. D was just buying clothes for her dead daughter.) That is an intentional detail. They are connected somehow. 

• Love 3
My main issue with Wilden being alive vs Charles and his faked death is that Wilden's body was found before a lot of degradation (unlike Ali's), seen by other cops/examiners who knew him and autopsied as part of an investigation (unlike Charles) and CeCe was accused of it and fled.

Oh, Wilden is definitely a twin and it was his twin who died. Or, he found some homeless bum and gave him plastic surgery to look like Wilden then killed him. lol If they want to, they will find a way for Wilden to be alive.

• Love 1

Oh, Wilden is definitely a twin and it was his twin who died. Or, he found some homeless bum and gave him plastic surgery to look like Wilden then killed him. lol If they want to, they will find a way for Wilden to be alive.

He's gonna come back in a robot body.

Please.

• Love 4

If he's a twin it means Mrs D and Kenneth literally forgot that she delivered 2 baby boys instead of one.

Hey! Maybe Grandma D brainwashed Mrs D and Kenneth into believing they only had one son and sent the other elsewhere but Charles turned out to be crazy because he always felt a part of him was missing because twins share deep connections and so one was Wilden and one was Charles which explains how Charles took over completely by season 4.

The sad thing is, I wouldn't put it past the show to play out something like that.

• Love 3

Sara Harvey is literally never going away. The actress is at today's 6x15 table read. And it doesn't appear Sasha is there as she seems to be on vacation judging by her instagram. Wonder if Ali's actually in 6B or not, she's only been spotted on set once when the PLL instagram posted a video of her thanking the fans for her TCA nomination, but she could have been there for an interview or something. Maybe Ali dies for real in the finale. 

• Love 1

I can barely deal with the thought of Sara still around after the time jump thinking of her as merely an obstacle for Emison. But if Alison indeed gets killed in the mid-season finale then I'm done with Emily's character.

That said, I don't think that will be the case otherwise we'd have gotten a hint of sorts by now. I believe the writers have come up with this absolutely terrible, pretty much universally hated temporary love interest for Emily so they can create drama for Emison which will be endgame. Still, this will be a painful road.

(I was never Paige's biggest fan mostly because I didn't think she and Emily had much chemistry, but she was a decent character. I kinda wish she'd return for one episode, see Sara and Emily and ask what is this shit.)

• Love 5
(edited)

I can barely deal with the thought of Sara still around after the time jump thinking of her as merely an obstacle for Emison. But if Alison indeed gets killed in the mid-season finale then I'm done with Emily's character.

That said, I don't think that will be the case otherwise we'd have gotten a hint of sorts by now. I believe the writers have come up with this absolutely terrible, pretty much universally hated temporary love interest for Emily so they can create drama for Emison which will be endgame. Still, this will be a painful road.

(I was never Paige's biggest fan mostly because I didn't think she and Emily had much chemistry, but she was a decent character. I kinda wish she'd return for one episode, see Sara and Emily and ask what is this shit.)

I'm honestly dumbfounded by Sara's continued presence on the show. I feel like it's such a miscalculation on the writers' part and it doesn't make sense for a show/crew that's so in tune with social media and fandom. They have to know Sara's extremely unpopular and that basically 0 people enjoy seeing her with Emily. And it certainly seems they've caved to fan pressure before with Ezria, so why not listen to all the fans saying they don't want this chick on the show anymore and just write her off? Not even to make room for Emison or Paily or whoever the fans want Emily with, but just to give us back a version of Emily that doesn't suck because I miss her. 

And I don't really think Alison's going to die either, I just threw that out there because Sasha seems to be MIA since they started filming 6B. Maybe Ali just moves away after high school and doesn't return to Rosewood like the others and we'll only see her occasionally? If anyone should leave that town and never look back, it's probably Alison. She has very little connecting her to Rosewood, whereas the others have love interests, each other, and somewhat loving families to return to.  

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 1

Do people elsewhere hate Sara, or is it just (most of) us? I haven't been keeping up with Twitter.

I have not seen a single good reaction about her and Emily so far on reddit, tumblr, twitter and instagram. On reddit they just call her "Shower" now haha

• Love 5

Sara Harvey is massively hated on tumblr, a place where even the most mediocre characters have some sort of fandom. On twiter, Sara Sheppard herself has expressed not liking her. That says it all to me. I very much doubt the writers don't realize her unpopularity.

• Love 2