Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

I have the misfortune of informing y'all that sara harvey will be on the show until episode 13 and possibly beyond. I'm oficially skipping her scenes. This character is universally hated, I can't believe MK has miscalculated this badly with her. I'm seriously starting to fear she might be Emily's endgame.

• Love 2

Ugh why? Seriously why would the writers do this to us? Do they actually think there's people out there watching who want to see more of this random chick who can't act. We've been good, we've been patient, we've stuck with them through so much shit, we don't deserve to suffer through more Sara Harvey.

And does this mean Emily is going to end up in a long term relationship with this girl? Cause that's ridiculous.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but Sara is duller than dirt and she keeps Emily isolated from the girls. If she's staying around she better start providing some info on A. I'm really tired of her "damaged" psyche.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, that suggests the spoilers are fake. 

I doubt she's Emily's endgame. Even if she was supposed to be, she won't be now. MK will change it considering everyone hates her. 

Edited by mercfan3
(edited)
I don't hate Sara.  I have way more problems with Ezra for example, than Sara.

Well, there's not enough time in the universe to list all the things there are wrong with Ezra, but at least now that he and Aria are broken up, he's just the guy who points a traumatized Spencer to a drug user and tells a stranger who's probably after Emily to offer her some sort of job opportunity about her very, very personal and traumatic kidnapping and captivity by psychopath still on the loose because he wants to watch the world burn. While wearing granny shirts!

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ezra is a total creep and I will forever think of him as a gross sexual predator, and yet... I'd honestly rather him than Sara Harvey. Hell, I'd take boring old Talia back if it meant no more Sara Harvey. I feel like Sara Harvey is a personal affront to my tastes as a viewer, she's just that bad to me. The actress is horrible, her voice is so grating that I find myself cringing during her scenes, she and Shay have zero chemistry, and all she does is run scared and shower. That's all. There's not a single redeeming thing about the character and worse than that, she makes Emily unlikeable and isolates her from her friends, when the friendship between the girls is the best part of the show.   

Well, that suggests the spoilers are fake. 

I doubt she's Emily's endgame. Even if she was supposed to be, she won't be now. MK will change it considering everyone hates her. 

Hmm, that's true. Unless she does run away within the next couple of episodes but pops back up after the time jump for like a 5 year anniversary meeting of people who have been kidnapped and tortured by Charles DiLaurentis? But I think she's going to be at prom so I don't think those spoilers are true. 

She might not be Emily's end-end game but if they carry on a relationship for 4 or 5 years or however long the time jump is supposed to be, that will make her a pretty big part of Emily's life and not just another random passing character that could be written off even if the writers do smarten up and get rid of her eventually. And I don't trust Marlene honestly. The show panders to Ezria and Spoby fans and won't split them up for good no matter how toxic and stale their relationships get, but Emily hasn't really had that one partner that people love her with so I don't think writers really care what viewers think of Emily's relationship status. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

Emily has the Paige/Emison shipper wars. Her endgame is one of them. (I'd still say it's likely Alison...and that's what Sara is. An Ali replacement)

Even the tamed down Alison we see now would eat Sara alive. If Sara's going to be on the show for so long I hope we get a flashback of her during her queen bee glory days.

• Love 1

Emily has the Paige/Emison shipper wars. Her endgame is one of them. (I'd still say it's likely Alison...and that's what Sara is. An Ali replacement)

And there's still people who think Maya is alive and want to see her come back and be with Emily... but that's what I mean, Emily's shippers are split 2 or 3 ways so no matter which way the writers go there's always going to be a large chunk of her fandom left unhappy, which is why I think the writers are quicker to cut their losses and not care about pissing off the shippers when it comes to Emily because they're never going to please everyone anyway.

Maybe they didn't think the hate Emily/Sara would get would be any worse than the hate Paige/Emily get from the Alison/Emily fans or vice versa, but I bet they didn't count on all of Emily's ships banning together to hate Sara in unison because she's just that awful. But with Spencer, Aria and Hanna they each have one main ship that absolutely dominates the fandom and the writers seem unwilling to let those fans be unhappy for long.

And why stick Emily with a Alison replacement when Alison is available? I would hardly call myself an Emison shipper, I don't really care for any ship to be honest, but at least pairing Ali and Emily together would eliminate characters like Lorenzo and Sara.  

• Love 1

Oh God! Please no more Sara! Even if she turns out to be evil the actress is just terrible.

On a happier note, Ali will be back in the time jump. I saw a picture of her on instagram on set. I was starting to worry that she'd die by the end of the summer season.

Then again, maybe she's back in flashbacks? I hope she doesn't die... I want her to get her shit together and survive this whole mess.

• Love 2
(edited)

The show panders to Ezria and Spoby fans and won't split them up for good no matter how toxic and stale their relationships get, but Emily hasn't really had that one partner that people love her with so I don't think writers really care what viewers think of Emily's relationship status.

I have the nagging suspicion that they care too much about what the viewers think but unlike the case of the other three girls, there is no overwhelming majority of shippers supporting a given couple, so the writers are trying to pander to everyone without committing to anything. Not that there is anything wrong with a teenage character not being involved in a love for ages before finishing high school, mind you, but the way they've introduced Sara (or reintroduced Emily/Alison in season 5 for that matter) is so contrived and silly that it is almost painful. Though, the problem is mostly Emily, not Sara, who is rather harmless and understandably messed up. If she is not only back in 6B but has spent the time-jump years as Emily's girlfriend, the reaction of Emily/anybody not named Sara shippers is going to be hilarious.

But that's still preferable to Sara being Bethany because that twist would be so ridiculous that it would make A jumping on an ambulance like Spiderman seem perfectly normal.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1

My guess is Ali is Emily's end game and they are trying to prevent Emily from having any ship that become so loved that it sinks their end game ship. If they put Emily with someone great then people might not want her to end up with Ali, then they are screwed. So stick her with crazies, stick her with transients, or stick her with blocks of wood so they can save her up for their epic end game romance of Emily and the girl she'd always loved, Allison, who is now so transformed from the extremely shitty live she's had that she is now ready and perfect for Emily.

Personally, I'd rather Emily and Jenna but I don't think that's ever gonna happen. I just remember that the most chemistry I've seen with Emily is in that kissing scene with Ali and the Halloween eye contact scene with Jenna. None of the rest of her love interests have been, for me, remotely interesting. And even in the mess of lame lovers she's had, Sara is the worst! Hell, I'd take Maya at this point. At least she had a sense of style. lol

• Love 1

So in regards to Charles escaping the night Ali disappeared....I am confused about this so maybe I missed something. Mona said that two patients went missing that night, Bethany and Charles. But didn't Charles leave/fake his death like 4 years BEFORE that? My assumption was that Jessica decided she wanted Charles to have a normal life so they faked his death and Radley covered it up and he left. She fake buried him and made the fake grave so he could start over. He started over as Wren...and so somewhere in between the time he was 16 and when we met him as Melissa's fiancé, he was living a new life.  So maybe then he came back to Radley the night Ali disappeared to help Bethany escape and that is when all the shenanigans happened with every other blonde wearing a yellow top and everyone else thinking said blonde girl was Ali? Jessica had some sort of relationship with Bethany, so the call she got that night of 1000 yellow tops, could have been from Radley and was actually about Bethany escaping and the staff said it was Charles that helped her. That would explain why she told Ali to stay inside because she knew Charles was back and could potentially hurt Ali.

To me, this is the only way it makes sense if Wren is A! 

• Love 1
(edited)

^ But where it gets confusing is here: if Wren / Charles was visiting / sneaking in why would they say 2 patients escaped custody?

In order to escape you have to be confined in a room at Radley.

Unless it's all hearsay and Charles broke Bethany out as you said. Because why would you fake your death and stay in the mental institution where you're being held at?

Something that parallels this is the night Mona breaks out of Radley for the ghost train. We see her painting a doll head and placing it underneath the sheets so no one would know she's gone, but we see two different doll heads under the sheets (one at the beginning and the other at the end of the episode). I don't know what to make of this except that Charles was still at Radley at that point and he broke out and was also on the Halloween train.

Which means there's a big chance Mona knows exactly who it is but can't say, because she told Hanna she was the one in the Phantom of the Opera costume who tried to kiss her, although whoever did that was significantly taller than Hanna and looked particularly like a guy. Why would she lie about this unless she knew something?

Edited by raytch

I have the misfortune of informing y'all that sara harvey will be on the show until episode 13 and possibly beyond. I'm oficially skipping her scenes. This character is universally hated, I can't believe MK has miscalculated this badly with her. I'm seriously starting to fear she might be Emily's endgame.

If Sara and Emily are in a functional relationship during the time jump, congratulations, show! You have found something more dysfunctional and gross than Ezria to show your young viewers. Bonus if, as already seen in the "can't leave" scene, Emily stays in Rosewood to "help" Sara instead of moving on with her life.

I want the spoilers about Sara to be true (i.e. that Emily realizes Sara is too broken and their relationship ends), and 6x13 Sara to be a post-therapy that has been reunited with the Liars after the time jump. I don't even care who Emily ends up; I just am horrified by the possibility that the show might handle Sara/Emily that badly.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks the writers are having Emily fly off into a million different directions romance-wise because Marlene is a lesbian herself and she wants the main lesbian character to have the MOST fun, so to speak? Just a coincidence?

Am I the only one who thinks the writers are having Emily fly off into a million different directions romance-wise because Marlene is a lesbian herself and she wants the main lesbian character to have the MOST fun, so to speak? Just a coincidence?

I think its pure coincidence and I think the other explanations others have given make more sense.  There's no solid ship for Emily like there is for the other girls.  

I agree that the current Ali is unbelievably bland. What were the show runners thinking? They kept making Ali less and less interesting, and there is no excuse for this Lorenzo nonsense. I don't even need Queen Bee Ali, I just want her back in HBIC mode, the "b" being optional - like in the scene where she helped CeCe leave the country.

Speaking of which, when CeCe is back, I hope she awesomely teams up with Ali instead of having Ali cower behind her, or being paid off by Charles, or dying. Do we know when CeCe is back? Could it be just in a flashback?

(edited)

I agree that the current Ali is unbelievably bland. What were the show runners thinking? They kept making Ali less and less interesting, and there is no excuse for this Lorenzo nonsense. I don't even need Queen Bee Ali, I just want her back in HBIC mode, the "b" being optional - like in the scene where she helped CeCe leave the country.

Right. Where's the Ali who burned herself with an iron and broke her friend's fingers just so they could have a private conversation in jail? That Ali was hardcore. Now she seems scared of her own shadow and won't even leave her porch. I get that Alison has been through a lot in her life and all that trauma would take a toil and change her, but it's like all the life has been drained out of her and it's just no fun to watch. I don't know...maybe Ali's just afraid to be herself now because whenever she shows a little bit of bite, people accuse her of murders she didn't commit? 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 1

I think thats exactly what it is. Remember when she was begging Spencer not to tell Jason about Charles because the he would hate her?

She's been told she's a monster way too many times that she is really starting to believe it. I think she feels if she says one wrong word to anyone then the world will come crashing on her.

It's no fun to watch but still an interesting place to be. I'd take whatever's going on with Ali over Sara baby talking and running away and being scared any day. My problem was that the last time we saw her, Ali spent an entire episode being slut shamed by her father, and last week we did not see her at all.

Still, I'm still holding out hope that she'll have her sass back soon enough.

• Love 1

My guess is Ali is Emily's end game and they are trying to prevent Emily from having any ship that become so loved that it sinks their end game ship. If they put Emily with someone great then people might not want her to end up with Ali, then they are screwed. So stick her with crazies, stick her with transients, or stick her with blocks of wood 

Toby would qualify for all three.

• Love 2
(edited)

By transients I meant those who didn't stick around mainly Samara and Talia. I think they expected Paige to stick around but the actress had other things going on and IDK if they intended Maya to be longer term or not but Samara and Talia were definitely "just passing through" Emily's love life and weren't intended to stick.

I think Toby would qualify as a transient for Emily since they seemed to toy with something very early in the series before admitting she was gay and they dumped him on poor Spencer.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 1

The actress who played Samara actually landed a bigger role. I think she was actually one of the more popular ones for Emily.

I love me some Claire Holt. She went to the Originals but left for some NBC prime time show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Some random site just released a bunch of photos from the prom episode.

Alison is at prom although it looks like she might be isolated from the girls because she doesn't appear in any photos with them. There's also a couple of shots of her walking through prom alone looking somewhat worried and glancing down at her phone in concern. So maybe she does get a text from Charles and leaves to confront him like the spoilers said?

Ali is talking to a blond waiter in a mask.

Emily is there with Sara... which should please absolutely nobody.

Clark is there taking pictures.

Ezra looks like a great big creep.

ETA: mask dude looks like it could be Jason. Maybe he goes in disguise to keep an eye on Ali and the girls?

Edited by SadieT
(edited)

Is it true each of them is supposed to be dressed like a Walt Disney princess? If so, who's who, probably besides Alison being Belle and Aria being Snow White?

I heard that too but Ali and Aria are the only obvious ones to me. I think Emily could be the Evil Queen from Snow White because of the crown, although that's a Disney villain, not princess. And Hanna's boots remind me of Pocahontas. No clue who Spencer is supposed to resemble. The only one I could think of is Merida from Brave but she's not really popular so that would be an odd choice. Or maybe Ariel because it's blue? Or Elsa for that matter? Or maybe they're not actually supposed to be inspired by Disney characters and we're just reading too much into their weird dresses. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 1
(edited)

Here's a youtube video roundup of all the photos:

Charles and Red Coat are the waiters? And Rosewood High actually thought it would be cool if they have waiters walking around serving cool drinks in MASKS?

There's something weird about RC's face I can't see clearly but it's like there's a missing part or something?

Also... You can clearly see Charles' face is burnt behind the mask! HOLY SON OF A MOTHER IS THAT WILDEN?

Was he injured during the dollhouse fire? or the lodge fire?

This show is gonna be the end of me. 

ETA: Ali looks absolutely stunning. I can't imagine how Emily could possibly ignore that look and go for Sara (I'm back to calling her Sara because she was ok this week. I'm afraid Emily's been the problem all along).

Edited by raytch

I can't wait to see the four moms together. Yay! Those prom dresses are seriously...odd. Spencer's is absolutely stunning and I love Ali's. Emily looks amazing but the dress is weird but WTF Hanna and Aria? YIKES!

• Love 1
(edited)

Blake Berris has been cast on the show. He used to be on Days of Our Lives and he was the most beautifully sinister person before they killed him. Like skin crawl but let me hug you after I hit you in the head sinister. I'm super excited, as is Ashley Benson, who was his cousin on the show.

https://instagram.com/p/5X_PPlBEKj/

I'm glad that they already filmed the Charles reveal because I'd be pissed if it were him, although he'd be perfect.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 1

What high school would allow a former teacher to attend prom as a student's date? Back in the dark ages when I went to prom we had to give the name of our date when we purchased prom bids and if it wasn't another student at the school it had to be approved by the administration. At least Toby was a student a couple years ago. Where is Caleb? What is Hanna wearing? Why is Jason serving drinks while wearing a mask? Who is Little Red Riding Hood?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think we did. I remember a time when he was unemployed and just bumming around, sulking in his apartment. I don't remember what he did after that though, since he only got The Brew pretty recently.

Is it just my lack of eye for clothes, but aren't Ali and Hanna's dresses oddly similar? Sure, you can tell them apart, but they still look alike, especially compared to what the others are wearing, which I thought a weird choice for Hanna after her Not!Ali moment.

http://smhttp.42308.nexcesscdn.net/8016BCA/ksite/wp-content/gallery/last-dance/139720_1415.jpg Emily is gorgeous, but she has never looked less like a high school student. I don't normally mind (I often forget they are supposed to be in hs) but this deserves the "no fucks were given as to the character's age" award for excellence in makeup.

CeCe better be there...

Edited by Crim
(edited)
Also... You can clearly see Charles' face is burnt behind the mask! HOLY SON OF A MOTHER IS THAT WILDEN?

This show is gonna be the end of me.

Wilden being ChArles would be positively GLORIOUS! I've always inexplicably loved the character (and his interactions with Hanna!) so he's definitely my dream-pick! It would fit with the spoiler about a character we thought was dead being alive, that Charles is someone who's strong AND we'd have some idea of what he'd been up to before stealing the game from Mona: already making the pll's lives harder as he tried to figure out how much do the girls know about that night. I got effing chills!!

No matter how much I try to wrap my head around Wren being Charles it simply doesn't work for me.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2
(edited)

ETA: Ali looks absolutely stunning. I can't imagine how Emily could possibly ignore that look and go for Sara (I'm back to calling her Sara because she was ok this week. I'm afraid Emily's been the problem all along).

I originally thought it was Jason behind the mask, but now that you've pointed out the burn... could it be Cyrus? He was badly burned last season and he has blond-ish hair.

What high school would allow a former teacher to attend prom as a student's date? 

They aren't at a school sponsored prom. The girls were barred from attending Rosewood High's prom because the school thought it would create a security issue so their moms are hosting a private prom in Spencer's barn so the girls are free to bring any inappropriate love interest they choose. But still this begs the question: what type of parents would allow a former teacher to attend a prom they're hosting as their UNDERAGE DAUGHTER'S date? 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3

I originally thought it was Jason behind the mask, but now that you've pointed out the burn... could it be Cyrus? He was badly burned last season and he has blond-ish hair.

They aren't at a school sponsored prom. The girls were barred from attending Rosewood High's prom because the school thought it would create a security issue so their moms are hosting a private prom in Spencer's barn so the girls are free to bring any inappropriate love interest they choose. But still this begs the question: what type of parents would allow a former teacher to attend a prom they're hosting as their UNDERAGE DAUGHTER'S date? 

Ugh. I really never go the point of Cyrus. Was he a metaphor for Ali's dark days on the run?

When was the last time we saw him? Didn't he meet with Mike at some point somewhere to take the blood samples?

Hey who was Mike leaving candy too by that lake? And was it the same as the FACE LAKE?

• Love 1