Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

The fact that none of it happened? Clark didn't come out as gay, Clark's sole purpose was not to tell Aria about the photography contest (he's an undercover cop!), Ali and Emily didn't kiss at prom, Emily didn't dump Sara after Sara ran away to the dollhouse because it was the only place she could sleep...

Boy do I wish... Instead. Nothing happened. NOTHING. Like they went out swimming and kissed then kissed some more. The only thing that happened in between is that Emily went full on psycho predator of vulnerable women.

Right thread.

Anyone got a clue what this might mean? "Alison is searching for normality but not in a location you would normally see her". Can we strike church then? Can we?!

I'm thinking the writers had Alison get pregnant really young and already started a family and that's her storyline (*sigh*). At least the mom clothes will finally make sense? What do you guys think?

There was a rumour we'd get to learn something new about Mona so this fits. It seems that MK having done a good job at incorporating Charles to the story is a popular opinion. I know the cast isn't going to talk shit outright about the show but they always manage to sneak in if they didn't quite like something. But this time, everyone seems very excited with finale.

?????????? I need to know ???????? What could it be? I'd love if it was revealed what most of us already believe: that Alison wasn't telling the whole truth during ther "tell all".

!!!

...I'm so embarrassingly excited.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2

I am pretty excited too. I think Ali does something like teacher or counseling or something boring and totally anti-ali but would fit with what we've seen so far this year. I could get behind the family thing too I guess.

Alison as a teacher is something I could actually get behind. The more I think about it the more I like it. If done right, it could be really poignant for her to be working towards creating a school that's a safe and healthy inviroment for the students as way to make up for the reign of terror it was back in her day. Now that's a redemption story I could get behind.

(If we must have one, that is...*grumble* frigging Toby and Ezra didn't have to get one why does Alison need to *grumble*)

It also has the benefit of keeping her connected to Rosewood and its people (and the mysteries) but also it would be cool to have an excuse for the girls to be walking through Rosewood's high hallways once again and getting into shannanigans there.

• Love 3

Anyone got a clue what this might mean? "Alison is searching for normality but not in a location you would normally see her". Can we strike church then? Can we?!

I'm thinking the writers had Alison get pregnant really young and already started a family and that's her storyline (*sigh*). At least the mom clothes will finally make sense? What do you guys think?

?????????? I need to know ???????? What could it be? I'd love if it was revealed what most of us already believe: that Alison wasn't telling the whole truth during ther "tell all".

I really want to know what they have in store for Alison. I feel like the future is pretty obvious for the other girls... I imagine Spencer's going to go into law or something in the corporate world, Aria will probably be in photography or writing/editing, and Hanna, fashion. I feel like Emily could go in a few directions but I doubt I'd be shocked by what they pick for her. But with Alison... I literally have no idea where they could be taking her. The possibility of pregnancy/kids crossed my mind too but I hope that's not the case, certainly not if it's with Lorenzo. 

I am pretty excited too. I think Ali does something like teacher or counseling or something boring and totally anti-ali but would fit with what we've seen so far this year. I could get behind the family thing too I guess.

Yeah, that was my other idea. Teacher, counselor or even something like a social worker. I think that would be an interesting place to take her. 

Alison as a teacher is something I could actually get behind. The more I think about it the more I like it. If done right, it could be really poignant for her to be working towards creating a school that's a safe and healthy inviroment for the students as way to make up for the reign of terror it was back in her day. Now that's a redemption story I could get behind.

(If we must have one, that is...*grumble* frigging Toby and Ezra didn't have to get one why does Alison need to *grumble*)

It also has the benefit of keeping her connected to Rosewood and its people (and the mysteries) but also it would be cool to have an excuse for the girls to be walking through Rosewood's high hallways once again and getting into shannanigans there.

Ezra didn't need a redemption arc because he got shot so, bam! instant redemption for his creepy ass. And Toby didn't need to be redeemed because Spencer could apparently just tell he was sorry by looking at him or whatever. But Alison will probably spend the rest of her life working to right the wrongs she made as a child. 

I hope Alison got out of Rosewood, even if it was just for a bit. She probably has the weakest ties to the town so it makes sense she'd get out, but who knows. 

• Love 2
I hope Alison got out of Rosewood, even if it was just for a bit. She probably has the weakest ties to the town so it makes sense she'd get out, but who knows.

Oh, man, I hope so too! It stretches belivability that she'd stay at all, imo, but at least have her have gone to school somewhere else.

I actually wish the writers wouldn't go with the obvious route with the girl's professions as it seems they have in the promo pics. Back when the show first started, yeah of course I could see Spencer as an lawyer. It was one of the many things I identified with her. But then her character seemed to make so many odd choices and go in all these weird paths that I was ready to accept Spencer would be happier skipping college altogether and becoming a freelancer writer or a painter or something. Something with flexible hours.

I have this odd feeling Spencer has this untapped artistic potential. Maybe it's Troian coming through, idk. I'm sure there was a line in the first season about interior design lessons or something. Of course, nothing stops one from being a legal-professional and being artistic (o/).

Hanna is another one i wish would stay far away from the fashion industry. Now her I could see as a lawyer. A legally blonde type! I would love that!

Emily should focus on charity. I think that would make her happy!

Aria...should be a teacher. NO, no, I'm kidding. I think Aria should be a stylist! Or a country singer...

• Love 3

More from Sasha on Alison's future: 

"I think, just because of everything that's happened to her in her childhood, she's been searching for normalcy, which is what I expected. But I think the location of where she ends up is not where anyone else would expect. She's really reinvented herself and she really is a genuine person and she's worked so hard to be a better person. And we see that."

Interesting to see her refer to Ali as genuine and striving to be a better person. I know that's what we're seeing now but part of me thinks it's all a ploy and that she'll be revealed as the mastermind behind it all at the end of the series. 

• Love 3

Alison as a teacher is something I could actually get behind. The more I think about it the more I like it. If done right, it could be really poignant for her to be working towards creating a school that's a safe and healthy inviroment for the students as way to make up for the reign of terror it was back in her day. Now that's a redemption story

You're right that that would actually work as a well considered redemption arc (for once). And I think we've only seen Ali in school for about five minutes, so that's certainly an unexpected location. But given TPTB's perceived lack of need for redemption for Toby and especially Ezzzzra, I think it would just piss me off. Plus Evil!Ali is a lot juicier, and given the show runners spent all episodes till now demonstrating that they believe the story could only be continued if it revolved around A, despite having a built in murder mystery (or nine) to switch to (seriously? and they went with A instead???), I don't have much hope that that's not also what's in store in the future.

Here's hoping SadieT's right about Ali being an evil mastermind instead. I was thinking both A's lair and the re-opened Radley wing for the criminally insane and hyperrealized would be unexpected locales as well. And so much more satisfying.

One of the things they could have done (but sadly didn't) back when MonA was revealed is show how knowing A's identity doesn't actually solve the problem. (I'd have loved a season of the Liars trying to battle MonA which ultimately resulted in her Radley placement, instead of instant Radley followed by a disturbingly quick release. And of course the machinations necessary to subdue MonA should have made one of the murderers nervous and triggered him/her taking action against the Liars, giving us a new plot. sigh.) The Liars often had their hands tied or were forced into compliance not by not knowing who A was, but by not being willing to risk A's exposing their secrets. Those secrets, A's knowledge thereof, and the girls' subsequent vulnerability remains whether you know who's behind the mask or not. Knowing who it is just opens different avenues of attack. So if we have to continue with A, I'd like Ali to be it, and the Liars' desires to keep their secrets secret the hook.

I bet Alison is going to become a nun, Well, either that or she is going to stay in high school indefinitely because she enjoys the experience too much but never bothers to actually study. :)

LOL! 

Anyway, considering that we're to believe she's a virgin, becoming a nun wouldn't seem that far off! :-)

I bet Alison is going to become a nun, Well, either that or she is going to stay in high school indefinitely because she enjoys the experience too much but never bothers to actually study. :)

I just read the interview and was going to say she'll be a nun!

I could see Ali as a teacher or a counselor or a therapist even. That I'd be down for!

Didn't Emily and Ali have sex? 

Can you really lose your virginity from lesbian sex (with no toys involved)? Anyway they teased Ali having an affair with hundreds of GUYS and yet backpedaled the hell out of her having slept with them every time... that's what bugs me!!!

PS: I know this sounds crass but I'm afraid it's an integral part of the discussion, so I can't tiptoe around it XD

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli

I suppose that depends on your definition of virginity, although I think I'll let someone else with a bit more knowledge in this arena comment, because eek

I meant in the biologycal sense, the one that requires penetration to be lost. I guess I just interpreted that scene as the two of them making out naked in bed, which I wouldn't exactly consider out-and-out sex. Anyway, like I said, I was mostly referring to Ali's relationships with male characters...

Edited by Giuliano Lanzilli
Can you really lose your virginity from lesbian sex (with no toys involved)?

Bearing in mind that virginity is a social construct and that one loses "it" when they have sex, since sex can happen between boy and boy, girl and girl, and girl and boy then the answer to your question is yes. 

I meant in the biologycal sense, the one that warrants penetration to be lost.

The thing is: the notion there's anything biological to "losing one's virginity" is something that's being left behind for some time. A lot things we link to losing virginity (the bleeding, for instance) is not an universal experience (yes, even between a guy and a girl). So your conception of virginity my take penetration to be lost, but if you follow that logic then are lesbians virgins forever if they don't use toys? That's all kinds of ridiculous isn't it?

It bothers me because it is like saying Ali had to be a virgin for her redemption arc to work.

Alison's so called redemption arc has been a horribly problematic mess from start to finish.

I can't find the source to these besides this blog:

“I can confirm it’s quite possible that one or more characters will face an untimely end." - Sasha

Maybe Mona? Let it be one of the love interests please! I'm hoping against hope it's Sara and the reason she's in 6-B are her being shown as Charles' minion in flashbacks. Y/Y? Or Toby heroically (*gag*) dying in the line of duty. Or Ezra by just existing?

“Emily is infatuated with some of Sara’s qualities, but I don’t think she sees everything about Sara because she’s trying to save her. I think fans will be totally shocked by what happens with Sara. The fans might even be a little bit upset, but in a good way." - Sasha

Praise the Lord!

"I think she’s totally freaked out. It totally blindsides her. This is someone I think Alison would least expect to be ‘A’ and it rocks the girls' world. It’s kind of a betrayal, but at the same time, it’s confusing. It’s kind of someone who’s been there, but you would just never think so. I think this is a really great choice, and it makes so much sense. And the way they’ve written it, it ties everything together. It’s a really dark story, but it’s also a really touching story." - Sasha

Sasha is confirming that something is possible? Lol Sasha, you so hilarious. Also, Allison would probably be blindsided by some random she's never shared scenes with, so it could be Wren. It could also be Noel Kahn's older brother. Or reanimated Wilden. Whoever it is, it'll be super stupid for sure.

• Love 2

I hope Toby and Ezra die.

It will be the most depressing thing ever in my opinion if we find out after the time jump that Spencer is still with Toby - which would mean she would have been with that tool for like six years of her life. At least Ezra and Aria are currently over so fingers crossed that's still the case when the show comes back, even if I'm sure the writers will put them back together again. But at least we can appreciate that Aria didn't waste her college years on him and they weren't together for years. 

• Love 4
It will be the most depressing thing ever in my opinion if we find out after the time jump that Spencer is still with Toby - which would mean she would have been with that tool for like six years of her life. At least Ezra and Aria are currently over so fingers crossed that's still the case when the show comes back, even if I'm sure the writers will put them back together again. But at least we can appreciate that Aria didn't waste her college years on him and they weren't together for years.

Hell, I'm ready to dance at Ezria's wedding if they pull Spencer way from Toby once and for all. At least with Ezria they're not actively bringing down one of my favorite characters and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Ezra and Aria are very compatible personalty wise. Spoby is the most inexplicable mystery this show has ever presented me. 

• Love 4

Bearing in mind that virginity is a social construct and that one loses "it" when they have sex, since sex can happen between boy and boy, girl and girl, and girl and boy then the answer to your question is yes. 

The thing is: the notion there's anything biological to "losing one's virginity" is something that's being left behind for some time. A lot things we link to losing virginity (the bleeding, for instance) is not an universal experience (yes, even between a guy and a girl). So your conception of virginity my take penetration to be lost, but if you follow that logic then are lesbians virgins forever if they don't use toys? That's all kinds of ridiculous isn't it?

Actually... I have read comments and texsts claiming exactly that, lesbians who never have had intercourse with a man/men/toys have even been referred as "gold star lesbians". Which is... whatever it is, I don't even have an idea how to call it.

That's not meaning they are virgins. It means they've never touched men. Gay men who have never had sex with women are called goldstars too. 

It's like said above, virginity is a social construct. You don't need a penis to have sex. And I doubt Marlene would enforce that myth. (And I don't think Ali is a virgin is about her redemption, I think she said they didn't do anything with Ian and Ezra because of all the complaints about Ali being 14 and with grown men. )

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 1

You know, at least with Ezra and Aria, there was actually some residual left over from his A reveal for a bit. Not that it matters, they ended up back together anyway. But with Toby once he and Spencer rehooked up at the hotel, it's like, "eh, whatever". I used to like Spoby but then they ruined it, first with Toby being A and then with the fact that Toby was always crying about his deal with A and then when he became a cop, like shut up. Plus add to the fact that Spencer has more chemistry with every other guy guest star they bring on for her. Seriously, I was so rooting for sober coach there. I hope she ends up with him.

Hm.. as for tonight, I know I shouldn't be even a bit excited but I kind of am, I do however expect to be let down. Honestly, the only thing I can really hope for is that since we're jumping six years ahead that this big reveal won't give them the possibility to backtrack like they've done in the past (see Toby and Ezra), but who the hell knows, anything is possible with this show. 

I found Wren really boring, so if it turns out to be A, well, that's lame. I don't even know if I care much about who's A at this point. 

• Love 3
Actually... I have read comments and texsts claiming exactly that, lesbians who never have had intercourse with a man/men/toys have even been referred as "gold star lesbians". Which is... whatever it is, I don't even have an idea how to call it.

I never heard of that and I'm hardly an authority on the subject, but, on context alone,  I very, very much doubt that refers to virginity.

I found Wren really boring, so if it turns out to be A, well, that's lame. I don't even know if I care much about who's A at this point.

I don't want Wren to be A for the exact opposite reason. He was one of the feel male characters I actually liked on this show and if they make him A I'd feel the writers would be trying to have their cake and eat it (more than they already do) as far as inapropriate love interests are concerned. Ezra is good but of course Wren is evil. It would be infuriating. I already felt a touch of that in season 3 and, imo, it was very, very lame. Also, I like the actor but I don't think he can pull off evil.

Alison's so called redemption arc has been a horribly problematic mess from start to finish.

I can't find the source to these besides this blog:

Maybe Mona? Let it be one of the love interests please! I'm hoping against hope it's Sara and the reason she's in 6-B are her being shown as Charles' minion in flashbacks. Y/Y? Or Toby heroically (*gag*) dying in the line of duty. Or Ezra by just existing?

Praise the Lord!

From the last quote it makes me think of Noel Kahn. Simply because Ali wouldn't be betrayed by Wilden or Wren...

Or maybe Ezra?

I love Noel Kahn and would be thrilled to have him on my screen again but I don't know if the actor can pull off dramatic sob stories. He's too hot. I don't mean it in the shallow sense, but like, Noel Kahn's whole deal is being this mystical ball of sex appeal and the actor pulls it off so well. He also pulls off being creepy but sad and destroyed by his family? I don't know...

• Love 1

Sorry for the offtopic.:)

I hope they have a better attitude towards the topic in general and I find it somewhat believable since the age differences and not the completely insane male characters. For my country... I can perfectly seriously believe that her character would have had some sexual experience, however in the U.S. I see quite a different artitude towards the topic of sex.

From the last quote it makes me think of Noel Kahn. Simply because Ali wouldn't be betrayed by Wilden or Wren...

Or maybe Ezra?

I love Noel Kahn and would be thrilled to have him on my screen again but I don't know if the actor can pull off dramatic sob stories. He's too hot. I don't mean it in the shallow sense, but like, Noel Kahn's whole deal is being this mystical ball of sex appeal and the actor pulls it off so well. He also pulls off being creepy but sad and destroyed by his family? I don't know...

I love Noel Kahn too (who doesn't, really?). Man, what if he's Charles after all?? Like you said, I'm a tad unsure he could off where they're going with Charles. Besides, him knowing Alison was alive and was helping her makes my brain hurt. 

I love Noel Kahn too (who doesn't, really?). Man, what if he's Charles after all?? Like you said, I'm a tad unsure he could off where they're going with Charles. Besides, him knowing Alison was alive and was helping her makes my brain hurt.

I just don't know any more. If it's someone who's gonna be betraying Ali and rocking the liars world... I can't think of anyone else.

Ali never met Wren or Andrew.

The liars won't have their world rocked by Wilden because they've always hated him.

Ali barely knew Wilden and never even mentioned him so it won't be much of a betrayal...

Have you guys checked out that theory floating around according to which "It's no lie" (that message printed on Marlene's shirt in a recent video of hers to reassure the fans they will get an answer this time around) would be an anagram for "It's Noel"?

Yes I saw that and that's why I'm actually beginning to wonder.

WAIT

Unless it is actually Wilden and that's why they held off the pregnancy story line because it was probably true and usually when the liars finally confront a red herring we see a flashback and then something totally different happened. What if that's it?

Like what if the writers held off that one because that flashback would have spilled Ali's relation to Wilden.

If she hung out with him in Cape May then maybe they didn't date at all. Maybe he really did date Cece (did we ever get that as fact or is it just speculation?) and he probably just tried to be with Ali to get to know her more?

I don't know. But it would be plausible if they have some sort of none creepy romantic connection and that's why Ali would be betrayed by him.

Also, she says we learn new things about Ali, so maybe we finally learn about what really went down in Cape May that summer before Endless Labor Day Weekend of a Thousand Yellow Tops?

Have you guys checked out that theory floating around according to which "It's no lie" (that message printed on Marlene's shirt in a recent video of hers to reassure the fans they will get an answer this time around) would be an anagram for "It's Noel"?

Yes I saw that and that's why I'm actually beginning to wonder.

WAIT

Unless it is actually Wilden and that's why they held off the pregnancy story line because it was probably true and usually when the liars finally confront a red herring we see a flashback and then something totally different happened. What if that's it?

Like what if the writers held off that one because that flashback would have spilled Ali's relation to Wilden.

If she hung out with him in Cape May then maybe they didn't date at all. Maybe he really did date Cece (did we ever get that as fact or is it just speculation?) and he probably just tried to be with Ali to get to know her more?

I don't know. But it would be plausible if they have some sort of none creepy romantic connection and that's why Ali would be betrayed by him.

Also, she says we learn new things about Ali, so maybe we finally learn about what really went down in Cape May that summer before Endless Labor Day Weekend of a Thousand Yellow Tops?

The liars won't have their world rocked by Wilden because they've always hated him.

Ali barely knew Wilden and never even mentioned him so it won't be much of a betrayal...

I'm oficially on the "Noel Kahn as Charles could be cool" wagon. I hadn't considered that at all and I didn't see the theories that "It's no lie" might hint to that. If true, it's very clever! That said, we're talking about a crew that has a very close interaction with the fandom and knows exactly how crazy we are, so I wouldn't be surprise they're just trolling us.

Wilden as Charles is still might pet theory. I do think it could be shocking to the girls if he was Charles, even more shocking if it was Noel Khan. Because:

1) Wilden should be dead so he appearing again would be inherently shocking

2) Ali and Wilden hung out in Cape May and God knows what else that caused him to be very invested in finding out who killed her and that was never explained;

3) He was an intense foe to the girls for like four seasons, but especially to Hanna (I adored their interactions). In comparison, Noel was just the annoying hot boy. I don't think any of them felt strongly for him one way or another. But something that stayed with me was that when Wilden died Hanna didn't show the glee she did when Ian died.

4) Imagine Hanna's face as she realizes her Mom slept with Jason AND Charles. That's all.

• Love 3

If we're shooting for a betrayal storyline, I'd pick Caleb, because he's pretty much the only guy I trust in Rosewood. And that'd suck. I'd like to see Hanna, Caleb and Ashley come out of this happy, alive, ok and non-A involved. Sadly, they've beaten me back to the point of not caring about most of the rest of the characters.

• Love 1

But something that stayed with me was that when Wilden died Hanna didn't show the glee she did when Ian died.

4) Imagine Hanna's face as she realizes her Mom slept with Jason AND Charles. That's all.

Hahaha this is everything.

Didn't Hanna try to wear a sexy short red dress for Wilden s funeral? Or was that to Ian's?

Yeah, she tried to wear the hot red one to Ian's and Ashley was like, "yeah, I get why you don't care sweetie that he's dead but respect Spencer and her family". Hm. I don't know. I really, really want it to be Ezra. I really want it to be Ezra and Aria is in on it. Like, so bad. It would be Christmas.  That's my dream for this show. But it won't be Aria because I've seen pictures for the time jump and that kills any hope for Ezra having any involvement in being Charles. Well, okay, it clears Aria's name but I'm convinced that Ezra will sadly still be in the time jump too. So, yeah.

Noel could be fun. If done right. Although, during rewatches  I had before this season started, I remember when Noel was like trying to be bad and the girls all thought he was A in season one and on rewatches, he looks goofily. Like the show is trying so hard to make us think he's bad and now that I know he wasn't. Its funny. Like it's so funny, Ezra was the most convincing possible A ever to the point where now I can't even believe he wasn't really anything. The show lost out on a gold mine there, not even making just Ezra A but AriA as well.  When I rewatch the Toby ones, it's hilarious because KA made funny faces behind the girls backs. So, I'm on the fence about Noel, unless the actor has more than what we've been shown. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Yeah, she tried to wear the hot red one to Ian's and Ashley was like, "yeah, I get why you don't care sweetie that he's dead but respect Spencer and her family". Hm. I don't know. I really, really want it to be Ezra. I really want it to be Ezra and Aria is in on it. Like, so bad. It would be Christmas. That's my dream for this show. But it won't be Aria because I've seen pictures for the time jump and that kills any hope for Ezra having any involvement in being Charles. Well, okay, it clears Aria's name but I'm convinced that Ezra will sadly still be in the time jump too. So, yeah.

Noel could be fun. If done right. Although, during rewatches I had before this season started, I remember when Noel was like trying to be bad and the girls all thought he was A in season one and on rewatches, he looks goofily. Like the show is trying so hard to make us think he's bad and now that I know he wasn't. Its funny. Like it's so funny, Ezra was the most convincing possible A ever to the point where now I can't even believe he wasn't really anything. The show lost out on a gold mine there, not even making just Ezra A but AriA as well. When I rewatch the Toby ones, it's hilarious because KA made funny faces behind the girls backs. So, I'm on the fence about Noel, unless the actor has more than what we've been shown.

Preach.

The answer I want is why didn't any other network pitch this show?

I mean... HBO pitched the Charlaine Harris books for chrissake. I was a fan of TB but seriously the PLL book series have enough beef in them to bed pitched by an uncensored network... JENNA RAPED TOBY HER HALF BROTHER.

• Love 2

Yeah, the books are quite dark. Darker than the show, for sure. Its strange that ABC Family is the one that bought the rights for it. Like, really..

Aside from tonight, I was thinking about what Sasha said about time jump Ali being somewhere no one would expect. I, think, she stays in Rosewood while the other girls travel further away. I think people wouldn't expect this because I think people would be like, why wouldn't you leave if you had the chance? I also think Ali may be the catalyst for what brings the other girls back to Rosewood. 

Preach.

I mean... HBO pitched the Charlaine Harris books for chrissake. I was a fan of TB but seriously the PLL book series have enough beef in them to bed pitched by an uncensored network... JENNA RAPED TOBY HER HALF BROTHER.

Well, in the books it's actually Toby who is the rapist ...

Preach.

Toby's her Step-Brother. It's horrible and wrong but not incest if they are not related.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

So apparently Ali stays in Rosewood to take care of Charlotte and give her the family she never had...which sucks.

Also they cut a scene where Jason and Ali go visit her in a mental hospital that is not Radley. So that's where she ends up and apparently Jason got over that whole dating his sister thing.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/12/marlene-king-pretty-little-liars-finale-interview?hootPostID=a5dfe800d2439689471a934e5016073c