Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone is A! The Spoiler Thread

Sara Harvey is massively hated on tumblr, a place where even the most mediocre characters have some sort of fandom. On twiter, Sara Sheppard herself has expressed not liking her. That says it all to me. I very much doubt the writers don't realize her unpopularity.

Which makes me think she must be critical to the mystery of A because why keep such an unpopular character around as just a love interest when literally almost no one "ships" her with Emily? She's gotta have another purpose other than to piss off Emison shippers.

• Love 2

I would rather watch Sara than Alison.

Ha that's probably the worst insult you can give a character on this show.

I thought I hated Johnny last season...couldn't stand when the guy was on my screen and not because I didn't want him coming between Spencer and Toby. I'll take almost anyone over Toby for Spencer, just not Johnny because he was so annoying and just generally terrible. But now that I've been subjected to half a season of Sara Harvey and know we're probably stuck with her though 6B, I'd gladly trade her to have horrible hipster artist Johnny back. I wouldn't even care if Spencer ended up married to the guy, living in a garbage pale covered in paint with 10 of his hipster babies if it meant no more Sara Harvey.

• Love 1
It's really bad when I find myself feeling like I'd rather watch non-evil Ezra than certain love interests. (Sara, Johnny, Toby, Lorenzo)

Uhg, glad I'm not alone (save for Johnny, there is. I liked him). I'm also at the point I'm a lot more entertained when watching Ezra and his granny shirts on my screen hanging out awkwardly with a bunch of teenagers. Heck, Sara/Emily and Spoby, lately, and fucking Lorenzo have been making me feel nostalgic for the ridiculous that was Ezria. At least they were fun to hate.

Next episode we're getting something good though: he's going to a prom organized by his ex-student/child-girlfriend's parents. Can't wait!! All the character will probably clap as Ezra and Aria dance, kinda like the end of Titanic.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 4

I liked Johnny at first, and I actually thought it was cute when Spencer was into him and Aria was dating Andrew because it was like they were dating the shallow versions of each other. (#TeamSparia). But he got to preachy and mansplainy and always telling Spencer what is best for that I just got all.."ugh...where's Caleb." (I'm also #TeamJustLetCalebBeEveryonesBoyfriend #EvenAshley) 

Ezra..at least..in his own disgusting way..puts Aria's wellbeing first. I mean, other than molesting her. He doesn't blame her for things she shouldn't be blamed for. Like for instance, that letter she wrote. If Spencer had written something similar about Toby, you know he'd make her feel like the scum of the earth. Lorenzo is like that guy who puts nice coins into the girl machine and expects to get laid. Sara...I don't hate her. And I get her character. It's just her and Emily are dull. 

It's not to say that Ezra is a good guy. He's terrible. Maybe the worst of the guys in some ways. But when him and Aria are on the screen you have to think for a second for why he's disgusting, instead of it just being right on the surface. 

On the other side, Aria is so awesome without him that I'd hate to see her go back. It's just we didn't know how good we had it when Ezra was dominating our screen. 

• Love 3

I think Mona's supposed to be dressed as Little Red Riding Hood so she's conveniently wearing one of many red robes present at the prom. 

They released the first 2 minutes of the finale, which actually starts with a scene from the end of the episode. It's pretty ridiculous. The girls all seem to feel bad for Charles now. And Hanna says A has been "such a bitch" which makes me wonder if it's actually a girl because you don't hear people calling men bitches too often, unless it's a deliberate attempt to insult their masculinity which doesn't seem to be the case here. 

• Love 1

They are going to have a hard time getting people to sympathize. Unless Charles isn't the one responsible for...most of it. 

I bet he's not. Or she, whatever. Pam brought up the possibility of it being someone else who killed Jessica and buried her in the Hastings yard. Kind of a convenient time to mention that in the episode before the finale. All the horrible things A did are probably going to be pinned on someone else and poor little Charles just wanted to play with his sister this whole time. The girls don't even look scared at all on the roof. They're literally begging him to stick around and telling him the game doesn't have to be over. Why would they want the game that has ruined their lives to continue?

Ugh, was really hoping Charles was just some sick deranged lunatic who wanted to kill Alison and her friends.  

And if Charles isn't actually responsible for all the torment the girls have endured then maybe the real big A is still out there and that's who the girls will be hearing from after the time jump, so revealing Charles, Red Coat and Black Widow won't be the end of it. 

• Love 1

The way they're reacting to A possibly killing himself makes me think it's someone that has been a prominent fixture over the show. I don't think it's Wilden because I'm sure they'd shove him off that roof faster.

My money's still on Wren to be honest.

On that note, he's too beautiful to kill so please come down from the ledge.

Maybe it's Chuck Bass.

• Love 2

I'm glad those Reddit spoilers turned out to be bullshit. I felt kind of bad reading them because I didn't wait 5.5 seasons to be spoiled by some rando weeks before the finale, but I couldn't not read them knowing they were out there (plus, as a moderator, I read everything posted here and don't have the luxury of avoiding spoilers). Now, for better or worse, it's going to be a surprise!

• Love 5

If Charles isn't responsible than Charles isn't A, which makes this just another seAson of gArbAge.

Also, every time the possibility of forgiving Charles is brought up I want to vomit. Please stop, show.

• Love 5

If Charles isn't responsible than Charles isn't A, which makes this just another seAson of gArbAge.

Also, every time the possibility of forgiving Charles is brought up I want to vomit. Please stop, show.

It kind of makes sense for Alison... he's her brother, they had cake that one time, she identifies with being viewed as a monster, she wants to know why everyone hates her and is always trying to murder her, and so on.

But why the other girls would even entertain the notion of being sympathetic towards this creep is beyond me... unless he's not actually the one who's been torturing them, which is where I think we're heading. Or maybe he's only responsible for the fun light-hearted torturing, like the text messages and notes, but it's been someone else driving cars through windows, blowing up houses, locking the girls in boxes/kilns/steam showers/freezers/barns/etc, framing them for murder, and kidnapping them and keeping them in a giant dollhouses. 

• Love 1

Cake is pretty delicious, that's true. For a delicious enough cake, I suppose one could be convinced to forget a bit of fun, light-hearted torturing. Just a bit, though.

• Love 6

And Hanna says A has been "such a bitch" which makes me wonder if it's actually a girl because you don't hear people calling men bitches too often, unless it's a deliberate attempt to insult their masculinity which doesn't seem to be the case here. 

I think the showrunners are just obsessed with the word bitch.  Seriously, they use it every chance they can get.

• Love 1

Cake is pretty delicious, that's true. For a delicious enough cake, I suppose one could be convinced to forget a bit of fun, light-hearted torturing. Just a bit, though.

Cake works wonders!  Heck, every year my family did its best to make me forget about treating me like the unwanted black sheep of the family all the other 364 days of the year by treating me to cake.  And if it's ice cream cake especially, i can be very forgiving.

As for that episode opener preview, apparently instead of Alison, Kenneth, or Jason recording their household's answering machine greeting, they contracted Mr moviefone to do the honors.

• Love 1

I think the showrunners are just obsessed with the word bitch.  Seriously, they use it every chance they can get.

But it's always directed at one or all of the girls. I don't think they've ever used it in reference to one of the guys. It just stood out to me as weird thing to call the man who has been stalking and tormenting you for years. 

• Love 1

But it's always directed at one or all of the girls. I don't think they've ever used it in reference to one of the guys. It just stood out to me as weird thing to call the man who has been stalking and tormenting you for years.

I would call Fitz a bitch, though. Dunno why, I just would, if he were A.

• Love 4

Well, Hanna's called 'A' a bitch plenty of times before, most recently when they were trapped in the dollhouse. I know that was before they knew A was Charles, but maybe just force of habit?

• Love 1

Well, Hanna's called 'A' a bitch plenty of times before, most recently when they were trapped in the dollhouse. I know that was before they knew A was Charles, but maybe just force of habit?

Actually, Hanna has said it at least once post-Charles reveal, with the allowance that it didn't matter that he was male.

When they were locked out of the dollhouse, Hanna said, "I don't care if you're a dude. You're still a bitch" along with the "him, her, it, bitch" line, so if anyone would call Charles a bitch regardless of gender it would be Hanna. 

• Love 3

According to an interview with Janel Parrish: "They're all coming back to Rosewood, per Alison's request, and they will take a new troubling adventure from there." 

Really thought they'd be coming back for Hanna and Caleb's wedding. Surprised Alison is even still in contact with them after 5 years. 

• Love 2

According to an interview with Janel Parrish: "They're all coming back to Rosewood, per Alison's request, and they will take a new troubling adventure from there."

Really thought they'd be coming back for Hanna and Caleb's wedding. Surprised Alison is even still in contact with them after 5 years.

Finally a confirmation that Ali isn't dead after the time jump.

I don't know why but I was soooo worried that they'd kill her off screen or at the end of next week's episode.

• Love 3

Finally a confirmation that Ali isn't dead after the time jump.

I don't know why but I was soooo worried that they'd kill her off screen or at the end of next week's episode.

Me too. I was happy to see Janel's quote. But then again, you never know with this show. Maybe it's Alison's ghost asking them to come back Ravenswood style. Or someone they think is Alison but is actually just wearing her clothes and a mask of her face and using a recording of her voice. Or maybe she does die and they find a note hidden in a doll head somewhere requesting they come together 5 years later.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 6

I'm hoping that after the 5 year time jump (since technically it will be a jump from 2012 to 2017) they go the route of Parks and Recreation and get weird cool tech like Gryzzl phones and name drop celebrity happenings and future events (in the future for the viewers, but in the past/present for the characters in 2017).  Because that would be kind of funny.

• Love 2

Me too. I was happy to see Janel's quote. But then again, you never know with this show. Maybe it's Alison's ghost asking them to come back Ravenswood style. Or someone they think is Alison but is actually just wearing her clothes and a mask of her face and using a recording of her voice. Or maybe she does die and they find a note hidden in a doll head somewhere requesting they come together 5 years later.

Future Skynet survivor Mona still send her back in time, in a robot body, to give them a message about how to avoid Skynet and also say cool catchphrases and chew bubblegum (RIP Roddy). Shower Harvey will turn out to be an evil Terminator trying to cause the apocalypse by tearing Emily away from the group but Best Boyfriend Caleb will hack her Website Page and Ezra will write a tell-all book about the whole thing.

Toby will miss the whole thing as he will have been incarcerated the whole time, having received 47 consecutive life sentences for criminal shovel possession and dating of an over-18 girl while being Rosewood PD.

• Love 4

Future Skynet survivor Mona still send her back in time, in a robot body, to give them a message about how to avoid Skynet and also say cool catchphrases and chew bubblegum (RIP Roddy). Shower Harvey will turn out to be an evil Terminator trying to cause the apocalypse by tearing Emily away from the group but Best Boyfriend Caleb will hack her Website Page and Ezra will write a tell-all book about the whole thing.

Toby will miss the whole thing as he will have been incarcerated the whole time, having received 47 consecutive life sentences for criminal shovel possession and dating of an over-18 girl while being Rosewood PD.

ShowerBot Harvey. I can see that being revealed. She starts glitching and glitching speaking in different languages and reciting facts from ephemeral films (like the secret to being happy and how to stay warm if you're stuck outside in the snow with no blanket) and Folgers commercials from the 50s "Now if I can just make a decent cup of coffee to my husband".

• Love 1

ShowerBot Harvey. I can see that being revealed. She starts glitching and glitching speaking in different languages and reciting facts from ephemeral films (like the secret to being happy and how to stay warm if you're stuck outside in the snow with no blanket) and Folgers commercials from the 50s "Now if I can just make a decent cup of coffee to my husband".

Oh god, now I want her to be like RitterBot from Buffy, please. With the drug cookies, and the basement full of 50s furniture and dead bodies, Bluebeard style.

Oh god, now I want her to be like RitterBot from Buffy, please. With the drug cookies, and the basement full of 50s furniture and dead bodies, Bluebeard style.

Hoo boy!

I wonder if the "per Alison's request" will be Alison = the final A. She was the last A in the books so maybe the last adventure ties into the books a bit and Ali will be the final A. She might have gone crazy in those years and is out for revenge.

Edited by The Apt

I wonder if the "per Alison's request" will be Alison = the final A. She was the last A in the books so maybe the last adventure ties into the books a bit and Ali will be the final A. She might have gone crazy in those years and is out for revenge.

I was thinking the same thing, especially since Lucy Hale said in an interview that there's "some friction" between Ali and the girls after the time jump. I mean, they did all help put her in jail and she let them off the hook for that rather easily. Maybe in the future she's back to being more like her old self, only worse because of all she's been through.

I think Ashley Benson actually looks the best in that photo. Hanna looks grown up, and is that an engagement ring? People are also speculating that she looks like she may be sporting a baby bump, which I wouldn't be surprised if she was the first pregnant Liar. Aria looks great with her lightened hair and I don't know if I like bangs on Spencer or not. Emily looks the same, but I hope there are more photos to come. I wanna analyze the shit out of the girls' lives before 6B.

But seriously, if they're skipping ahead five years and there's a season seven...what could they possibly do? I mean, I'm glad they skipped ahead, because they neew a fresh look, but I can't imagine what they could do for a season and a half, with a possibility of an eighth. 

A new 'A', but they're known as 'B', for Bitch? 

• Love 2

Don't love the bangs on Spencer but it makes sense she'd change her look.

I hope Emily outgrew her "all plaid, all the time" stage. 

I'm not really looking forward to the time jump so soon after the reveal. I wish we had some time with the girls following what they presume to be the end of their A ordeal to see the fallout and that 6B could have been summer after senior year before they go off to college. And then do the time jump come season 7. But I guess they can't just do half a season of the girls hanging around together talking about what they've been through without the threat of A present since that's the whole basis of the show, so it makes sense for them to skip ahead in order to reset and get the actresses closer to their real ages.

• Love 1

Well wasn't Ashley instagrammed with a fake baby belly? Pregnant wouldn't be too far off, I actually like the idea. I thought it was the first picture in the article at first and felt hella ripped off. Lol.

Spencer's gotta be a lawyer right? Or in law school or something? Is she in a trench coat?

Edited by Watt

I'm too blind to squint for details, but Twitter is fighting over whether Aria is wearing an engagement ring or not as well. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure she's not. She is wearing a ring, but it doesn't look like an engagement ring, unless Ezra* is really cheap and can't afford a diamond ring.

Spencer HAS to be in law school. That's the only path I see for her. But how about the rest of the girls? And have they not talked to each other in five years, or are they still close friends? And now I want to know what happened to everyone else, like Jason and Ali, and Mona, Jenna and even Mike. Maybe Aria's living in Los Angeles as a photographer. Hanna and Caleb seem like they're living in New York. Which leaves the other two. Emily's the one I have no idea with what would happen to her. I have no idea what kind of profession she would get into.

*I only say Ezra because that's the choice we're left with, per Marlene.

Based on the way this show runs, I'm still thinking the A reveal is a dud and it's Sara behind the mask. Traumatized and forced into it, so easily forgiven...if you consider how eager everyone was to give Mona/Toby/Ezra/Lucas etc another chance. I can't imagine why she'd factor into the rest of the show, get that haircut and show up at prom unannounced if she's not central to the A plot.

I'm glad those Reddit spoilers turned out to be bullshit. I felt kind of bad reading them because I didn't wait 5.5 seasons to be spoiled by some rando weeks before the finale, but I couldn't not read them knowing they were out there (plus, as a moderator, I read everything posted here and don't have the luxury of avoiding spoilers). Now, for better or worse, it's going to be a surprise!

What makes you so sure they were BS? I'm not following... 

The fact that none of it happened? Clark didn't come out as gay, Clark's sole purpose was not to tell Aria about the photography contest (he's an undercover cop!), Ali and Emily didn't kiss at prom, Emily didn't dump Sara after Sara ran away to the dollhouse because it was the only place she could sleep...

• Love 3

The fact that none of it happened? Clark didn't come out as gay, Clark's sole purpose was not to tell Aria about the photography contest (he's an undercover cop!), Ali and Emily didn't kiss at prom, Emily didn't dump Sara after Sara ran away to the dollhouse because it was the only place she could sleep...

I thought you were referring to that particular scene showed in the sneak peek, like Drunkgate had spilled something about it that was dispelled in that clip!