Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

On 6/26/2019 at 8:29 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I will just drop this and then hide but dare I say Bryan Craig is pretty good in Grand Hotel. Much better than Morgan. 

I thought that too, although in all fairness he was given a lot more to work with writing-wise.  And he was simply "better than how he was playing Morgan", not OMG-blow-your-socks-off-A-Star-Is-Born! terrific.  He's still got a long way to go to develop as an actor.

I enjoyed GRAND HOTEL as well, it was soapy, frothy, and fun.  Gave me a real "classic DYNASTY" vibe.  I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

• Love 2

Funny or Die has a series called A Very Special Episode, where they poke fun of..well, just that. Episodes of old TV shows that featured a lesson. And this week is about an episode of 7th Heaven that guest-starred someone you might recognize from this show.

• Love 3

I just caught a commercial previewing the upcoming CBS sitcom “Bob (heart) Abishola” that showed Vernee Watson playing a nurse. She’s listed in the cast on the CBS site so looks to be a series regular. 

On 8/10/2019 at 6:24 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I so miss JMB as Lulu.

I know she recently had a child, but I wonder if she's open to a return at some point. I think she was able to portray the personality of Lulu better than ER does. 

• Love 3

That is the only time I would approve of an actor being unceremoniously fired to the the old actor back.  All other instances have made me stabby.  And I don't even LIKE Lulu, but JMB was way better.

• Love 1

General Hospital's Anthony Montgomery Stars In New Holiday Movie!

General Hospital actor, Anthony Montgomery (Dr. Andre Maddox) has been cast in an upcoming holiday movie called Back In the Day. 

Details regarding the upcoming Christmas movie are currently limited but from the sounds of things, it seems Montgomery will be playing a character called Marcus Jordan. 

The cast also includes; Kimberly Elise (her character and Montgomery's are college sweethearts in the movie), Cayden Williams, Marcus Alexandra and Bianca Buck.

Please stay tuned for updates but in the meantime check out the behind the scenes material below!

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/general-hospitals-anthony-montgomery.html

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/09/soap-vet-scott-reeves-books-2-new.html

Former soap star, Scott Reeves books two new primetime gigs. 

Reeves shared on Instagram a picture of him on the set of FOX's The Resident for which he will guest star in the near future. Apart from that, Reeves also booked the role of Hugh on the upcoming series Dolly Parton's Heartstrings. He will air in the episode titled Jolene which is a televised adaptation of Dolly Parton's song, "Jolene", about a jealous woman.

Reeves is known for playing the roles of; Steven Webber on General Hospital, Ryan McNeil on The Young and the Restless and Jake Hogansen on Days of Our Lives.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/sebastian-roche-batwoman-cast-cw-1202752849/

Sebastian Roché Back In CW Fold, Joins ‘Batwoman’ Cast In Recurring Role

EXCLUSIVE: Sebastian Roché is returning to the CW. The former The Vampire Diaries and The Originals star is set to join the network’s Batwoman in a recurring role.

Roché, known for his role as Mikael Mikaelson on TVD and its spinoff, will play Dr. Campbell, one of Gotham’s most well-respected plastic surgeons and philanthropists, on Batwoman. The DC stand-alone series starring Ruby Rose premieres Sunday at 8 PM.

In the series based on the DC character, Kate Kane (Rose) soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. In a city desperate for a savior, she must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.

Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson, Nicole Kang, Rachel Skarsten and Dougray Scott also star in the series, produced by Berlanti Productions/Warner Bros Television. It hails from writer-executive producer Caroline Dries and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns, David Nutter and director-executive producer Marcos Siega.

Roché’s credits also include Amazon’s Man in the High Castle, HBO’s The Young Pope, Nat Geo’s Genius and Michael Bay’s upcoming Netflix action pic 6 Underground.

He is repped by Performers Management and 42.

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/general-hospitals-sean-blakemore-lands.html#more

General Hospital's Sean Blakemore Lands Exciting New Series Regular Role!

General Hospital, Sean Blakemore (ex-Shawn Butler) has been cast in a new pilot. According to Deadline, Blakemore is among; Fivel Stewart, karin Konoval, Anthony Kevyan, Yaani King Mondschein, Jennifer Spence, Megan Charpentier, Alexander Grant, Millicent Simmons, and Van Crosby who join Freeform's Close Up.

Natalie Chaidez is listed as the showrunner, Alex Kalymnios as the director and Keith Staskiewicz as the writer. Peter Nowalk and Mary Rohlich are the executive producers.

Deadline reported, "Close Up is set in Centreville, NJ, a suburban town just like any other … at least on the surface. Centreville high school student Rachel Guyer (Stewart) is on a mission to expose the truth about her seemingly normal hometown and turn her community inside out. In the vein of HTGAWM, the character-driven drama also features unexpected twists. It’s about the strength behind one young woman’s act of rebellion and its impact on changing the world."
Blakemore will play the series regular role of Sheriff Griff, whose investigation into a recent event forces him to decide between his duty to his town and his obligation to the law. Blakemore is repped by SDB Partners and The Rookery. He also played Ben on The Young and the Restless and Peter/Barney Bateman on Days of Our Lives. Stay tuned for updates.

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/10/general-hospitals-jon-lindstrom-books.html

General Hospital's Jon Lindstrom Books Role on Homeland!

General Hospital actor, Jon Lindstrom is adding another primetime gig to his list of acting credits. Lindstrom is set to guest star in an upcoming episode of Showtime's Homeland.

Homeland is an American spy thriller television series developed by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa based on the Israeli series Prisoners of War which was created by Gideon Raff. The series stars Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison, a Central Intelligence Agency officer with bipolar disorder, and Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody, a U.S. Marine Corps Scout Snipe

The series premiered on October 2, 2011. The series finished airing its seventh season on April 29, 2018 and was renewed for an eighth and final season, which will premiere on February 9, 2020.

Lindstrom is slated to guest star in episode 12 of the 8th season as a character named Claude. Lindstrom is known for his soap roles as Kevin Collins/Ryan Chamberlain on GH, Craig Montgomery on As the World Turns, Dr. Kevin Collins on Port Charles, Mark McCormick on Santa Barbara and Paul Jarre on Generations. Please stay tuned for updates.
  • Love 2

SOD reports that Matt Cohen (ex-Griffin) is going to be a full time correspondent on Entertainment Tonight.

Matt Cohen (ex-Griffin, GH) is joining ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT as a full-time correspondent and co-anchor of ET’s weekend show. Said Executive Producer Erin Johnson in a statement announcing the news, “Matt is full of charisma and curiosity making him the perfect ET correspondent. We loved working with him so much as a guest correspondent this spring and summer that we had to make him a full-time member of the ET family.”

Tequan Richmond (TJ Ashford) was one of a group of teens being stalked by a killer in "Thriller", an indie horror movie I watched on Netflix for Halloween.  The movie's servicible slasher fun, and he seems to be having fun playing a bit of a bully.

Edited by TeeVee329

I'm rewatching Dawson's Creek (stop judging me!) and I just realized that the skeezeball fisherman who gets hit on by Abbie and later almost rapes Jen before her grandmother saves her is none other than Neil, Mr. Joe Flanagan! Talk about a completely different character! He's still good looking, though...

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/12/general-hospitals-anthony-montgomery.html

General Hospital's Anthony Montgomery Heads to Primetime!

General Hospital star, Anthony Montgomery (Dr. Andre Maddox) is joining the cast of a BET series.

Montgomery has achieved the recurring role of Elijah on Carl Weber's crime drama called The Family Business for season 2. Elijah is second in command of the Muslim brotherhood.

Based on The New York Times best-selling author Carl Weber’s most popular family crime drama series. Meet the Duncans, a prominent family from Jamaica, Queens. By day, they’re an upstanding family; by night, they live a dangerous secret life. L.C. Duncan, patriarch of the family, is at the age when he’s starting to think about retirement and has to decide which of his children should take over his thriving exotic car dealership. The Duncans quickly come under siege from some of the Top Politicians, Mafia and Drug cartels in the city. The Duncan’s will have to stick together or die separately.

The Family Business returns with season 2 in 2020. Please stay tuned for updates.

I was channel surfing last night and stopped when I saw Ingo. It was the tail end of a 2017 Christmas movie called “A royal Christmas ball.“ Then I saw a very blonde hailey pullos (Molly) playing his daughter! 

I have been bingeing The Practice on Hulu and although it was a tiny role, Michael Easton just showed up in a season 3 episode as Helen (Lara Flynn Boyle)’s blind date.  Those who don’t think much of his looks now should see him from back then, because damn! Definitely hot.

• Love 1

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2020/01/general-hospital-alum-julie-berman.html

General Hospital Alum Julie Berman Lands Role on CBS' The Unicorn!

General Hospital alum, Julie Berman (ex-Lulu Falconeri) has a new gig. She is set to guest star in an upcoming episode of CBS' The Unicorn which airs on February 13.

Berman guest stars as Heather in the episode titled Everyone's a Winner. In this episode, when Wade has a bad date with Natalie’s friend’s mother, Natalie ends up paying the price. Also, Forrest finds unusual ways to fill his time during his unemployment, and Ben has a conflict with his daughter Sahai’s (Princess K. Mapp) basketball coach, on THE UNICORN, Thursday, Feb. 13 (8:31-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:28 AM, 30 Helens said:

I have been bingeing The Practice on Hulu and although it was a tiny role, Michael Easton just showed up in a season 3 episode as Helen (Lara Flynn Boyle)’s blind date.  Those who don’t think much of his looks now should see him from back then, because damn! Definitely hot.

He also guest starred on Ally McBeal as a nude model that all the ladies thirsted after I think Ally got to hook up with him.

10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Caught Chad Duell on Arrow this week. He actually wasn't half bad and it has me wondering if he might land at least a recurring role on the spinoff. 

Eh. Looked like he was channeling Mooby since he was supposed to be some sort of wannabe crime thug, pretending to be a nice a guy.

And I think he died since he just stood there when he set the place where he was standing on fire/blew up.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Chad Duell, playing the supervillain Death Stroke

For the record, this scene is against two of the weaker of the show's actors. And some bad directing. What I saw was Michael a bit tougher, not the power of Manu Bennett or Charlie Barnett who were in the role earlier.

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Looked like he was channeling Mooby since he was supposed to be some sort of wannabe crime thug, pretending to be a nice a guy.

And I think he died since he just stood there when he set the place where he was standing on fire/blew up.

Yeah he was definitely channeling MB but I still thought he did a decent job. He's no Olivier, but then no one else on that show is either. And if I've learned anything from the Arrowverse (and soaps) it's that very few people are ever really, truly, most sincerely dead. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah he was definitely channeling MB but I still thought he did a decent job. He's no Olivier, but then no one else on that show is either. And if I've learned anything from the Arrowverse (and soaps) it's that very few people are ever really, truly, most sincerely dead. 

Unless you take a dip in the Lazarus Pit, if you die on Arrow, then you are most sincerely DEAD. I was thrilled to see he only had one and half lines in the beginning. But then he showed up near the end. Whatever. He's not the worst who's shown up. That would be marblemushmouth HE who shall not be named and is so full of himself arsehole of the worst order.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

marblemushmouth HE who shall not be named and is so full of himself arsehole of the worst order.

Okay I should know who you're talking about but can't think straight...throw me a bone?

Carolyn Hennesy (Diane Miller) was on "Mom" this week.  In kind of a small role for her, she played a mean law professor of Christy's (Anna Faris) who bumps into her during an awkward moment.

Edited by TeeVee329

Christopher Titus has put up the first episode of his late, lamented show "Titus," which co-starred Cynthia Watros, on his YouTube channel.

I was a big fan of this show at the time, and was impressed by Watros' comedy chops, especially coming off the heavy GL stuff she was also great at.

"Titus" w/ NuNina

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Christopher Titus has put up the first episode of his late, lamented show "Titus," which co-starred Cynthia Watros, on his YouTube channel.

I was a big fan of this show at the time, and was impressed by Watros' comedy chops, especially coming off the heavy GL stuff she was also great at.

"Titus" w/ NuNina

My hubby and I LOVED this show!

• Love 2

The Hawaii 50 episode He puhe'e miki (March 13th) had 2 GH alumni: Patty McCormick, who subbed for LC as Monica when she was off a couple of years ago, and Andrea Bogart, who was Michael's ill-fated love. She's really much better than she seemed on this show.

Jessica Tuck (Cassandra Pierce) showed up on 9-1-1 this week.  I saw her name in the credits but didn’t recognize her easily: she played a surgeon in full surgery garb.