Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

I remember Cleopatra 2525! "In the year, 2525, if man can still survive..." That theme song is burned into my brain for some reason. (So is the Tabitha theme song, which Lisa Hartman [!] sang: "Some people got it, some people don't/ You'll never know, until you try / Well, it could be magic, the way I feel / It could be magic, 'cause it feels so real!" You're welcome, fellow olds!)

Edited by dubbel zout
style fix
  • Love 2

I don’t remember that they did. Of course, the real Cleopatra could’ve been blonde. For all she was an Egyptian pharaoh, her ancestry was Greek Macedonian.

I remember that show mostly for Gina Torres, because I have a long-standing crush on her. Fun fact: Gina Torres played Cleopatra on an episode of Xena and Jennifer Sky also had a recurring role on that show.

• Love 2

Did anyone see Maurice Benard play John Gotti in the Victoria Gotti Lifetime Movie?  He was the weakest link in the movie.  Gotti was a scary evil man and MB could not carry it off.  He looked like a little pipsqueak wanna be mobster compared to the real Gotti. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Did anyone see Maurice Benard play John Gotti in the Victoria Gotti Lifetime Movie?  He was the weakest link in the movie.  Gotti was a scary evil man and MB could not carry it off.  He looked like a little pipsqueak wanna be mobster compared to the real Gotti. 

I am watching right now and as a native NYER, his NY accent was dreadful.  His accent alone is turning me off from the entire movie.  Every now and again putting emphasis on "ER" ending words doesn't mean you are doing a NY accent!  All the other actors in the movie seem to be trying more on that alone, but him? Nope. UGH.  There are many tapes of John Gotti speaking in prison to his family members and yes the man was incredibly intimidating even in a simple conversation with his grandchildren about acting out in school. Gotti was also a husky man, something Maurice is not.

I agree the little actress playing young Victoria as well as the woman playing her mother did much better than the 'legendary' soap actor.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
On 1/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, sacrebleu said:

So... Nathan Parsons (formerly Teethan) is on that new Roswell show.

And doing an excellent job on it, further proving that the GH folks were idiots to let this guy go.

• Love 4

Whoa! Now I know where Dante has been... Dom Zamprogna has been shooting a part in “Tin Star,” a rather edgy series set in Canada on Amazon’s Prime video. He’s in at least three episodes of season two. 

• Love 3

I was just watching the episode of The Rookie about the overturned prison van. At the end of the episode, Tamara Braun showed up. Sad to say, mannerisms  I thought were acting choice for playing Kim are just her go to moves. 

I ADORED Susan Brown as Gail Baldwin. But it seemed, post-GH, she seemed to play ditzy, flakey or outright racist.

She played Jessica Fletcher's ditzy, flakey niece by marriage on Murder, She Wrote, in "Under the Big Top" and since I've gone back to watching Beverly Hills, 90210 (since Luke's shocking death), she was Mrs. Cooper, the racist who wouldn't admit she was a racist in "Ashes to Ashes."

Does anyone here watch What We Do In The Shadows? I was just watching last Wednesday’s episode, and in the nightclub scene where Simon is introducing his vampire friends, he pointed to “Little Vlad” who I swear was original pumpkinheaded Michael. The role was uncredited and he had no lines, so I’m not entirely sure, but it looked just like him. “He’s a fucking maniac!”

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Does anyone here watch What We Do In The Shadows? I was just watching last Wednesday’s episode, and in the nightclub scene where Simon is introducing his vampire friends, he pointed to “Little Vlad” who I swear was original pumpkinheaded Michael. The role was uncredited and he had no lines, so I’m not entirely sure, but it looked just like him. “He’s a fucking maniac!”

How old did the actor look? Because Dylan Cash will be 25 later this year, although IIRC he never got that tall (or...um...particularly good looking either).

I'm doubting it was, though, because his last credit on IMDB was in 2012. 

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it's the Michael before Dylan Cash that is being referred to.

The kid before Dylan Cash...all I recall was the last name, Cunningham. (And before him, Demon was played by twins Dylan and Blake Hopkins as a baby.)

10 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

No, I was referring to Dylan Cash. I couldn’t remember his name when I made my last post. Here’s a screenshot. That’s him, right?

0DFBFD33-F0D4-4704-849A-C98607534701.jpeg

It's weird, but it looks like him, but also like...Mike Myers around the eyes, mainly the right. (I know it is not Myers!) It's like Dylan Cash and Mike Myers procreated. Anyway, in all seriousness, it sort of looks like Dylan Cash but I'm not sure.

• LOL 1

Looks scary enough to look like him. Not as truck driver like (no offense to truck drivers!) as his IMDB photo, but yeah, the resemblance is pretty uncanny to me. 

Mo and AMC 2.0's Eric Nelsen (he played A.J. Chandler) are in the fun-looking horror anthology Nightmare Cinema. Mo is a priest who has come to "fight the damn devil!"

• Love 1

In honor of a great actress, here's the incoming Cynthia Watros (Nina #2) in some of her finest yet also most hilarious soap work:

It always cracks me up how Annie (Cynthia Watros) exasperatedly explains to the jury (around 12:40 in the second clip) that "Reva drove off a bridge!" Like, 'who does that?' Watros gave it her all but she was never afraid to be funny and sad at the same time.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

It always cracks me up how Annie (Cynthia Watros) exasperatedly explains to the jury (around 12:40 in the second clip) that "Reva drove off a bridge!" Like, 'who does that?' Watros gave it her all but she was never afraid to be funny and sad at the same time.

"I mean she came back from. the. DEAD!...Okay, yeah, so I pretended to be her sister, BIG DEAL. I didn't HURT anybody!" LMAO. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

I had 100% forgotten that John Ingle (Edward Quartermaine) is in 1997's "Batman & Robin."  He appears very briefly as a doctor who tells Bruce et. al that Alfred is dying (fear not, a brilliant scientist played by Arnold Schwarzenegger has a cure!).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’m currently watching Ryan Paevey in a TV movie called ‘Marrying Mr. Darcy’ ... I think I’m one of the few Nathan fans. To be fair, I’m also watching for the adorable dog. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, marymary said:

I’m currently watching Ryan Paevey in a TV movie called ‘Marrying Mr. Darcy’ ... I think I’m one of the few Nathan fans.

I tried to watch that but I gave up, especially when comparted to the original.

I saw him in a better movie, Harvest Love, with Jen Lilley (a former Maxie).  I find that her movies tend to have better writing, and she's good at raising the level of her co-star.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I tried to watch that but I gave up, especially when comparted to the original.

I saw him in a better movie, Harvest Love, with Jen Lilley (a former Maxie).  I find that her movies tend to have better writing, and she's good at raising the level of her co-star.

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for that one!

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, marymary said:

I’m currently watching Ryan Paevey in a TV movie called ‘Marrying Mr. Darcy’ ... I think I’m one of the few Nathan fans. To be fair, I’m also watching for the adorable dog. 

The previous one was kinda better I thought... "Unleashing Mr. Darcy". The female lead is not one of my favorite Hallmark ones.

RP was just in another Hallmark movie last week "From Friend to Fiancé". (A sort of cross between "My best Friend's Wedding" and "You Again".)

I like RP/Nathan ...and love Jen Lilley.❤️

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 2

I'm almost positive that the boy who plays Rocco is in an All-State insurance commercial.  He's sitting on a lawn, playing with a doll house/toys. 

I also saw Haley, the actress who plays Molly, in some sort of Hallmark drama recently and her hair was different and the character was ... less appealing than Molly. 

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm almost positive that the boy who plays Rocco is in an All-State insurance commercial.  He's sitting on a lawn, playing with a doll house/toys. 

I also thought it was him.

I watched the premiere episode of Grand Hotel tonight,  partly out of curiosity about Bryan Craig. IMO, his character is pretty similar to Morgan (the douche) that we saw on screen, not  Morgan the penguin-loving firefly wrangler* we keep being told about now.

(*I love that term, thanks to whoever thought it up!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Vinessa Antoine (former Jordan) was on Hudson and Rex (remake of a European show about a detective and his police dog partner) as a scared scientist being held hostage. Did a good job being very different from Jordan.

27 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I will just drop this and then hide but dare I say Bryan Craig is pretty good in Grand Hotel. Much better than Morgan. 

A fair number of actors are better on their post-soap shows. I think with the younger actors it's because they've gotten the technical stuff out of the way, and I bet the director/EP gives them more notes. Soaps are one take and done, and I'm sure there's little to no direction other than blocking. And even then, we've seen some hilarious stuff that wasn't reshot because of cheapness.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I will just drop this and then hide but dare I say Bryan Craig is pretty good in Grand Hotel. Much better than Morgan. 

He's no longer taking those annoying acting tics from Mo.

• Love 3