Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

For me, this is a perfect description of what MSt is doing. She's sssoooo bad. It makes me wonder, if Frank is telling her to ham it up more. IIRC, PS said that when he first started, he played Brad as the creepiest parts of people he knew. He said after he completed one scene, Frank told him to be even creepier. The problem is, I think this is MSt's actual acting style & sadly the best we are going to get.

I disagree that this is her only acting style. She is purposely being this OTT and campy.

If anyone who hasn't seen her before wants to check out her web series her style is different in this.  It is satire, but isn't campy.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVtgAttn1ALFYGMuyiUuRUw

Home in the middle of a weekday for the first time in forever and watched an episode of Bold and the Beautiful today (I know, I know, the name of this show is ridiculous - don't judge me - but I figured it would be less maddening than trying to watch GH). 

I have no prior knowledge of that show or the characters, so what I saw was: ex-Lois pull a sword on ex-Dillon, and also seeing who I believe was Sean Kanan - ex-AJ - interacting with these characters. 

Sean Kanan is so easy on the eyes - rrrrawrr!   Almost makes me wish I hadn't been on the Barge for his recent run as AJ - almost, but not quite, since I know from these forums that it all turned to crap.   But Sean Kanan - so, so pretty!!   GH really blew it big time wasting him! 

• Love 3

Jason Gerhardt who graced our screens several years ago as Cooper Barrett is on the second season of Mistresses. God help me, he's as beautiful as ever. 

Nathan Parsons is joining the cast of True Blood this season as a recast. I don't remember them being this hot on GH! Just like with Saemus Dever (Dr. Devlin, aka Sirhan Surgeon who's now on Castle) it's amazing how people can look a billion times better when they move to a show that actually knows how to dress/light them.  

• Love 1

Jason Gerhardt who graced our screens several years ago as Cooper Barrett is on the second season of Mistresses. God help me, he's as beautiful as ever.

Is he?! I guess I should catch up on Mistresses then. 

I loved him on Bunheads. He's so much better without the Ethan PermaSmirk on his face. He did all right on The Originals too, and I think he's back next season there. It was kind of funny to have so many Aussies/Kiwis on one show, all trying to cover their accents, with varying levels of success.

• Love 1

I abhor reality television, but I have got to see RM's crazy wife in action.  If she's anything like her twitter persona, she should be unintentional comedy gold.

That said, poor TCh.  He must really be hard up for cash, because otherwise why stoop to such a trashy show.

(edited)

I'll always feel a little funny about objectifying Nathan Parsons, not just because I often found Ethan annoying and/or dirty but also because, oddly enough, my first encounter with him was as a child actor voicing the English dub of the Japanese series Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. He played little Jean, the kid adventurer! He even had a ridiculous French accent!

But man, when he isn't/wasn't too dirty, and when he's not being too obnoxious, none of that matters. He's hot.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I was just coming to post that I just saw a commercial for TC in Celebrity Wife Swap, but of course you fine people beat me to it.  Apparently it's going to air next week. 

I don't know if I will to watch.  My general position with respect to actors (all actors, not just GH ones) is to assume it's for the best if I just pretend they don't exist outside my television set.  Plus, this show seems pretty awful.  Just watching the commercial triggered embarrassment by proxy.

I was just coming to post that I just saw a commercial for TC in Celebrity Wife Swap, but of course you fine people beat me to it.  Apparently it's going to air next week. 

I don't know if I will to watch.  My general position with respect to actors (all actors, not just GH ones) is to assume it's for the best if I just pretend they don't exist outside my television set.  Plus, this show seems pretty awful.  Just watching the commercial triggered embarrassment by proxy.

Oh, I'm totally going to watch. I want to see how Tyler handles Ron Moss' BSC wife.

• Love 3

Tyler C. is did an episode of Wife Swap that will show at the end of July. He is swapping with Ronn Moss of all people.

This is airing tomorrow night 7/22. I'm on the fence about watching. I love Nik but I'm afraid to see TCh as a real person on this b/c this show makes me cringe.

I always thought it'd be Johnny Zacchara who I'd see fuck Ethan in the ass in the back of a parked car, but True Blood proved me wrong the other night as Nathan Parsons got his first, rather-rushed-by-the-looks-of-things gay love scene.

• Love 1

Valdez is playing the son of a drug kingpin who wants to take over daddy's business. He has issues lol! For one, he can't decide if he's gay or straight, although the character's sister said last week that he's gay. But he most definitely is missing a few screws. He turns on a dime and is very violent.

EV is doing a great job with the role and I'm glad to see him doing well. I always thought he was too good for GH.

Thanks for the heads up about CWS w/Tyler and his wife. Tyler's wife is so pretty and cool, and their son is adorable. Ron's wife's idea for Tyler to wear the chef's hat and the apron (while shirtless) on the beach was ridiculous -Tyler's WTF face, hilarious. But overall I think those two handled the situation w/grace.

Ron, on the other hand, could not have been a bigger ass to Brie Christopher, both during her time in the Moss home and during the couples' meeting. I guess his attitude is in part due to his wife thinking he's the awesome awesome to ever awesome, and putting that in writing for Brie Christopher. I like that she flat-out told his wife and her husband that Ron had a temper tantrum (and compared him to her 4-year-old during the swap).

• Love 2

I watched Wife Swap and damn, I want Ron Moss' house. Or rather, estate. But Ron Moss is an ass. And Tyler Christopher is a control freak. My question is, for a man (Tyler) who counts every single calorie and measures every piece of food WITH A SCALE, how does his weight fluctuate so much? The man is militant about food and his kitchen. There was not one cookie or piece of cake anywhere in the house. And he has a 4-year-old who never ate ice cream until Devon bought some! Isn't that child abuse or something? LOL!

All in all, it was an interesting show. Watching the women's reactions as they walked into their 'new' homes was priceless. Devon is accustomed to this huge estate with sprawling rooms, and the Christophers live in a Malibu beach house with lots of houses practically on top of each other. Culture shock anyone? Their entire lives couldn't be more different. Devon and Ron spend almost no time together during the day unless they're screwing, whereas Tyler and Brienne do everything together.

I got a kick out of Tyler's resistance to expanding his social media profile, and posing shirtless for FB or Twitter pictures. But Ron throwing away the bicycle that Brienne bought was downright childish. And the way he treated Brienne was incredibly rude and judgmental. He was quite disapproving of everything she did, especially in the kitchen. He expected her to serve him (and his bandmates when they jammed in the garage). Obviously that's what Devon does, but I still thought it was horrible behavior.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to live with either man.

• Love 4

Out of curiosity I watched Wife Swap. There were several times I was left speechless. Ron Moss & his wife were something else. Leather coats at the beach, the scarfs, the "I'm better than you attitude" & having that yard yet never using/enjoying it. Having been to New Orleans last month, I couldn't believe Ron called Rice & beans prison food.

Ron's wife tying a scarf around Tyler's neck did make me giggle. Ron's idea of out door clothing also made me giggle.

Tyler's weighing of food & exercise rang false to me at first because of how bloated/roided he was several years ago but his statement at the end made sense. Everyone doesn't have the same type of metabolism/genteics & some have to work much harder to be fit.

• Love 1

Everyone doesn't have the same type of metabolism/genteics & some have to work much harder to be fit.

I get that, believe me I get that. But have some fun once in a while! One ice cream sundae or slice of pizza is not going to put weight on anyone, unless you have it every day, and don't exercise at all. He seems to live a very active lifestyle, so while I understand and appreciate eating healthy, sometimes you just have to let go.

• Love 1

Tyler's weighing of food & exercise rang false to me at first because of how bloated/roided he was several years ago but his statement at the end made sense. Everyone doesn't have the same type of metabolism/genteics & some have to work much harder to be fit.

I like the guy, but I am not buying it.

• Love 1

I have watched other reality shows and Ron and Tyler were fine compared to some. I also have to agree why Tyler watches what he eats. Ron is an ass and he would love to be able to degrade him. And everyone else on the show. I thought they all came out human, No one agrees with everyone all the time. I don't usually like reality shows except *the little couple* .They are all scripted no matter what they say. I was prepared to dislike Ron's wife with the things I had heard about her but, she was fine she was so good with the little boy. They live a very different lifestyle and that was the whole premise of the show.I am not a big Nickolas fan but now I see he is more human as is Ron . I think this was a good idea.I actually enjoyed this one.

This is nothing recent, but I've been binge watching my original Law & Order on Sundance Channel, and TNT, and WGN....how WONDERFUL to see Jane Elliot appear twice: once as a DOJ attorney...another for just a minute as a lover of the perp who was the killer....Sebastian Roche as a erm...heavy metal rock star rapist, C-Squared, and as a patsy, set up for his sister in law's attempted murder because she believed he killed his wife, her sister... and awhile back, Perry Mason movie, "Case of the Killer Kiss", with....Sean Kanan as the assholish victim, Genie Francis, the suspect, also starring Stuart Damon, Linda Dano, and host of other soap actors...bliss...

Perry Mason movie, "Case of the Killer Kiss", with....Sean Kanan as the assholish victim, Genie Francis, the suspect, also starring Stuart Damon, Linda Dano, and host of other soap actors...bliss...

Mmm...Perry Mason.  One of my earliest TV crushes.  My mom used to watch the black & white episodes all the time in the summer. 

• Love 1

Not sure if this counts or not, but here's the Miss USA pageant from 1977 featuring Miss Virginia USA 1977...Lynn Herring!

She was, in fact, one of the five finalists for the crown, although she didn't win.

• Love 1
(edited)

UYI, you are a gold mine of fun facts about GH actors! Love it!   (I'm a little disappointed Lynn didn't work "world peace" into her answer, though).

For anyone who gets the nostalgia-fest that is the basic cable "MeTV" network, they are showing an episode of Kojak tomorrow night that features Jane Elliott (Tracy).  She plays a man's mistress ... interesting to see her as the other woman, instead of the unloved wife Tracy usually ends up being!

And according to IMDB, she was also in the Eric Stoltz movie Some Kind of Wonderful.  !!

Also, I think Tristan Rogers (Robert) was coupled up with Susan Lucci in a episode of the Love Boat.

Edited by SlovakPrincess