Type keyword(s) to search

Newlyweds: The First Year - General Discussion

• Start Topic

If she had anxiety problems how in the heck did she hide everything until the honeymoon? She wouldn't have been able to leave the house at any time without doing her rituals, and the panic attacks would have happened when they were out and about when they were dating.  She could not have hidden it, plus if she was a big girl and serious about this marriage thing why didn't they have an adult conversation about it before planning life together?

Panic attacks don't wait until it's convenient, she wasn't having one in the car but even if she was why didn't her protector pull over, comfort her and then suggest pulling out the small pharmacy she wasted his money on and taking all of it? She could have went to a real doctor and got some valium pills instead of playing damn games, and if she has a history of anxiety then she should already have ways or medication to deal with it. No way would I let someone waste money on a trip and not even try. I don't believe that he gave up that easily, he missed being in the military or a law enforcement career, he's got the look, demeanor and the haircut. Guys like that don't give up.

• Love 7

I didn't think Tara was having a panic attack; she looked like she was acting to me, yes she's suffering from "I wanna be on a reality show-itus." or better known as "fame-whore-itus."

I don't think Erica should have asked Adonis to cut off ties with his father; it is Adonis who should have made that decision.  I have a friend who had to do that with both his parents because they always said the "n" word around his wife and she's black; but HE was the one who told his parents to fuck off with their racist bullshit.  

I like Rob and Ro because it's a nice change to see a black woman in an interracial relationship; but they have too many first world problems.

I like the gay couple.

• Love 3

Eek, didn't realize this had started up again.

So we can have new threads for every episode, the problem is, 4 have aired already, so it'll be hard to chop this thread up into the right bits, since I don't watch the show.

Posters can start threads themselves, but I put one up for this week's at least and moved over posts that came after the airing last night. Hopefully that doesn't create confusion!

Why don't we just keep this thread  - just one thread - for Season 3. 

Too confusing otherwise plus there isn't that much going on from episode to episode. 

Just a suggestion. Thanks, mods.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

This sentence is PERFECTION.

Husband #1, the embarrassment is fleeting, the relief will last a lifetime. Tara is beautiful but I think that's it.  I don't see other positives.

Tara has a half-sister and referenced her mother being married very young.  I wonder how her mother was able to escape her first marriage.  I posted this elsewhere but Tara's family appears to come from multi-generational wealth (or least that's what they're aiming for with those weddings). Why on earth is she paying for their cell phones? 

• Love 1

Why don't we just keep this thread  - just one thread - for Season 3. 

Too confusing otherwise plus there isn't that much going on from episode to episode. 

Just a suggestion. Thanks, mods.

Apologies - too late for this. I'll see this weekend if (while I'm snowed in) I can find and distribute the other posts from this thread into the proper episode threads, and that way we'll have a 1 to 1 relationship between episodes and threads :)

• Love 1

Posters can start threads themselves, but I put one up for this week's at least and moved over posts that came after the airing last night. Hopefully that doesn't create confusion!

I have started a thread for the upcoming week's episode.

• Love 1

They mentioned his prison stay and reason for it in their first part of the first episode.

Not exactly.  Adonis said he made millions in an internet business and went to prison because of misinterpretation of copyright law.  I guess that's true if my misinterpretation he means setting up websites to illegally sell stolen software. 

• Love 1

Not exactly.  Adonis said he made millions in an internet business and went to prison because of misinterpretation of copyright law.  I guess that's true if my misinterpretation he means setting up websites to illegally sell stolen software. 

Actually yes, they mentioned his prison stay in their first part of the first episode. Not sure what part of that doesn't fit for you to say "not exactly". And in following episodes he did say he was selling software illegally.

Q: Rob & Tara, live in Malibu, looks like ON the beach. I've read upthread that they're realtors? Is this where his money comes from?

Erica, you dumbass.

Yes they are realtors but don't live on the beach. We saw them walking on the beach but it wasn't in front of their house. They live in the hills above the beach. In the episode where they attempt to drive to the airport we see them come out of their driveway which is right next to a few others and go through a few windy bits.

• Love 1

Actually yes, they mentioned his prison stay in their first part of the first episode. Not sure what part of that doesn't fit for you to say "not exactly". And in following episodes he did say he was selling software illegally.

The original post said, "They mentioned the prison time and the reason for it in the first episode."

The part that doesn't fit is the reason he stated.  Adonis claims that there was a simple misinterpretation of copyright laws.

Hardly.  He was deliberately operating a scam, selling discounted software with stolen, or falsely manufactured, activation codes.  That's like bragging that you made millions working in a retail business when you were actually a shoplifter.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 1

I couldn't be Erika's therapist.

I don't coddle people. I'd go straight to…"Are you crazy!!!? What the hell is wrong the YOU, that you take that mess? And don't give me that I don't know, I must be insecure crap.

• Love 3

I couldn't be Erika's therapist.

I don't coddle people. I'd go straight to…"Are you crazy!!!? What the hell is wrong the YOU, that you take that mess? And don't give me that I don't know, I must be insecure crap.

Does Erika work?  Is she staying and eating his crap just so she can  stay in the nice house and drive shiny cars?  Cause it ain't because Adonis is an Adonis.  She's cute enough to find some guy to be faithful to her.  I see no real reason to stay w Teefus.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bravo posted news about Ro's pregnancy. I will include the link to read the entire thing in the spoiler text area.

The couple recently welcomed their first child into the world, daughter Arya London Brann. Their new bundle of joy was born on February 25 at 8:36 p.m., weighing 6 pounds and 12 ounces. Read more here http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/newlyweds-rob-and-ro-brann-welcome-a-baby-girl

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 1