Type keyword(s) to search

Interpreting Dreams: Are Dreams Really Wishes Our Hearts Make Though?

• Start Topic

I'm an amateur, Blergh, but sounds like you're nostalgic for a simpler and happier time. Is your job stressing you out lately?

As for the sleep sounds, may I recommend NOT using rain? We had a patient (baby) whose mother wanted us to play one of those all the time. And we hated "babbling brook" because we always felt like we had to pee when it was going.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Blergh said:

Maybe I'm different but I actually look forward to my dreams as I often return to see folks and places I hadn't seen in a long time and sometimes I delay waking up just so I can see how the dream turns out like a movie. Also, I can't recall not dreaming in color. Not to say every single dream of mine has been pleasant or had a happy ending but I think I'd feel deprived if I no longer dreamt anything at all.

Oh, case in point, a few days ago I dreamed that this store I'd worked for decades ago until its closing had reopened for a single day and despite in the dream knowing I've had another job for a long time, I felt compelled to ask if I could have my old job back. What was weird  was that everyone else looked like they'd had decades earlier but I looked like my current age!

Lovely post, Bergh I also go to sleep looking forward to what my dreams will bring me, it's like I'm settling in for a viewing (sometimes, I even send clues to my "inner director", and it works, but I very much like the surprises dreams bring). There's a writing prompt based on dreams, the idea being that they bring more authentic writing than your aware self, especially with which characters will be more powerful in a story. 

• Love 1

Thanks, NutMeg. I can't say I'm always in control of how or what I dream but I keep enjoying the ride and hoping to see if I can occasionally tip the balance in my fave! ;)

riley, My job isn't markedly more stressful than usual. Though, oddly enough, my job in the store SEEMED very stressful at the time but, having done my current position for X number of years, now I look back and realize that it was comparatively easy peas-ey . Still, maybe you're right re nostalgia for similar and happier times. So far ,in my dreams, even those supposedly set in the present,  NO ONE is carrying a Smartphone on them! LOL

• Love 3

I tend to have weird dreams if I go back to sleep after a bathroom visit:

Santa Claus is ready to leave.

Mrs. C says, No! I don't want you to go! She takes his eyes.

He puts them back in and leaves. (Eyes are black coals)

It's raining cats and dogs--literally!

Pink and blue, all sizes.

I wake up laughing.

We're looking out my front window at the road.

He says, Why are people sleeping in the road, with pillows and blankets?

I tell him, It's A Thing--they do it all the time--I've done it too....

A man is in my closet--standing there, just looking at me.

I wake up trying to scream but don't make a sound.

(Unfortunately, the man was my dead father.)

Sometimes, I don't go back to bed and try to sleep--even if it's 2am.

• Love 3

My cousin, who was in her mid 60s at the time she told me this, and is a retired teacher, very pragmatic and normal - she told me that she  experiences astral projection when she sleeps. I was a little freaked out when she tried to explain it to me. I had never heard of it before.

• Love 3
On 3/3/2017 at 4:29 PM, ari333 said:

My cousin, who was in her mid 60s at the time she told me this, and is a retired teacher, very pragmatic and normal - she told me that she  experiences astral projection when she sleeps. I was a little freaked out when she tried to explain it to me. I had never heard of it before.

I've had that too.  I didn't know the name though.( Astral projection)  I've experienced something like it at least 4 times that is documented with other people.  It's really bizarre to me and I don't really like it. Usually very stressful. 

I was happy to see this thread. Thought I would drop by.  I normally have very vivid dreams.  (It's like a whole different life really.)  But, last night my dream was so specific.  I read one online interpretation.  I dreamed that a person that I was in a previous relationship with was with me.  I told him how I felt about him, leaving nothing unsaid.  I pledged my love and desire to be together forever.  He said that he felt the same and that his proposal would be at dinner that night.  We were totally happy, blissful, even.  I felt total joy.  I woke up before the proposal, but, can't stop thinking about it.  I haven't seen this person in over 10 years.  I have no desire to reconcile with him.  I'm sure he's moved on. I have no idea what he's doing.  I read that this kind of dream signals that you are ready for a new relationship. ( I had other relationships after ours ended.)  Isn't this odd?  

OK, nothing profound here but the other night I dreamed that I was walking with both my parents in Milan, Italy and we happened to meet Danny De Vito right there on the street. My parents looked to be in their mid 50s  in the dream yet when I intro'd my father to Mr. De Vito, I actually said aloud his birth and death dates AND Milan is a place none of us have  yet traveled to.  Still, it was good to see my late father walking without impediment again and my mother not bent anymore.

• Love 2

So I don't remember my dreams, but I have weird reoccurring alarm clock... well I don't know what to call it... thing.

The alarm clock goes off in the morning and I hit snooze.  But some mornings I have this half wakeful certainty and irritation that the laws of time (well not time but how alarm clocks work) have changed. 

I become irritated that whatever thing I'm working through in my brain has changed the way alarm clocks function.  I clearly recall this morning thinking that the clock didn't tell time the same way because I had changed my mind on what type of backsplash I want to get for my kitchen.  Apparently clocks only work if you have certainty you want subway tile and since I don't (but don't know what I want instead) the clocks haven't worked out a new way to tell time properly.

Because I'm not a morning person, I then try to get nine more minutes of sleep in-between snooze alarms half vigilante that the snooze alarm is still functioning properly in this topsy turvy time keeping situation.

• Love 1

Alarm clocks drive me crazy!  I have always had issues with them.  They cause me anxiety.  HOWEVER, what a great improvement when I started using my cell phone as an alarm.  Works great and no more alarm clock anxiety.  So bizarre, but, true.  lol

19 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Huh?

Decide that you want wallpaper instead of tile and see if that helps in the morning. 

I have no clue what you are saying but I am always pushing for wallpaper.

I will explain it differently...

I have morning anxiety that I will be late to work because the clock isn't working.  Half asleep I decide that the reason the clock isn't working is because of whatever anxiety I was having the night before.

And wallpaper is the bane of my existence.  I have to have the walls redone before the backsplash goes up because people who put up wallpaper.  No one ever puts it in correctly because either 1) they are the builder or 2) they love it so much that they never imagine themselves or someone else having to take it down.  So what I have is paint over spackle over paint over spackle over wallpaper over wallpaper.  They spackle "correcting" the failed attempts to remove wallpaper.  Wallpaper might actually cause me nightmares.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SeriousPurrs said:

I'm walking to my house to get weapons.

I meet an ape with a brick in each hand (paw? appendage?)

I tell him: Good--you keep those bricks--we're going to need them!

I'm unlocking my door.... cat wakes me up.

Hmm, just saw that promo for the new Planet of the Apes movie? Sounds like you two are headed to a rumble. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, riley702 said:

Hmm, just saw that promo for the new Planet of the Apes movie? Sounds like you two are headed to a rumble. 

Or SeriousPurrs needs some Gorilla Glue.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:16 PM, riley702 said:

90% of my dreams seem to involve hunting for something, someone, someplace, etc. That one's pretty easy, too. LOL. 

Not hunting, but wandering. Airports, cars, buildings, staircases, elevators, always trying to get somewhere, find something. 

I have occasional nightmares, wake up screaming, etc. My neighbors must freak out.

My favorite dreams are "visiting" with relatives who have passed. They are quite realistic, they even tell me when it's time for me to go back. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ennui said:

Not hunting, but wandering. Airports, cars, buildings, staircases, elevators, always trying to get somewhere, find something.

That's my basic recurring theme of dreams I remember. Can never seem to get where I'm going. 

Just like real life. 

• Love 2

Is it possible to dream subconscious fragments of a Shakespearean play I didn't even remember reading? Sorta. There was a character in my dream (an old, Quaker-looking gentleman), and his name was Titus Timon, with lots of mention of his brother Truth. Imagine my surprise when I googled that and read the synopsis of Timon of Athens.

• Love 1

That's a lot more interesting than my dream. This a.m., I woke up an hour before the alarm was scheduled, while I thought about going back to sleep I thought I got up. I had a vision of my coffee getting cold. Then my alarm went off, and I thought, "Oh. I guess I didn't get up."

• Love 1

I do that a lot when I wake up to an alarm - fall right back asleep, dream I'm up and going through my morning routine, and then have that illusion shattered when the alarm goes off again and I realize I'm still in bed.

• Love 3

I have a lot of dreams like that too.  I'm trying to get across a bridge, but, the planks are too slanted and it's slippery or I'm trying to get my car to go somewhere important, but, the brakes don't work and I'm careening out of control.  lol

For years, I had a recurring dream that I would approach a house, mansion, building of some sort and have to crawl through a small door the size of a bread basket in order to get inside.  Once, I crawled through, it went into a whole other world of large organs, tapestries, art work, etc?  Very strange and Alice like.  

Last night, I had ANOTHER TWO dreams about the ex-boyfriend!  I had one, awoke, reflected, went back to sleep and had another dream about him.  Usually, when I keep having these, it's something going on with that person.  I'm not comfortable calling though. I'll wait and see if I hear anything about him in certain circles.  Maybe, it's good news.  My dreams were not distressing, just positive feelings.

• Love 2

It certainly seems so with me. When I was diagnosed with cancer the first time, I had a series of dreams about houses/my apartment at the time, that I decided were about my cancer and that the house was me. I wrote several down and this is the main one:

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 2 am

Nightmares

I left the front door open/ I left the door unlocked and intruders came in and killed me. A reference to cancer? I'm forgetting something obvious? (referring to the door being open). 

I was in a house I owned (not here and not any real house I recognized, but I remember dreaming about this house of mine before). Now I'm living with a man (lover?) (friend?) - I'm not sure.

There was some stupid 'narrator' in the dream saying I forgot to lock the door or (the man I was living with - no name) forgot to lock the door and we were both murdered by intruders. At that moment in the dream, I wake up in a panic when the narrator says that. I'm laying there trying not to move, trying to remember where my gun is or whether I can reach out and lock the door (which is now magically right beside the bed). And suddenly, two men in dark clothes are standing in front of me (too late!) with guns (rifles? They weren't handguns). And they came from inside the house, not through the door from the outside.

I put both hands over my face, like, "I can't see you, I can't see you!" and lay there shaking, waiting for them to shoot me. The 'narrator' says, "Too bad (the guy I live with) woke up and startled them/woke up and yelled/woke up and grabbed for his own gun/(or something), because they might have let you live otherwise. But now, they'll kill you both."

And then I woke up for real, remembering a fragment of another dream. In that one, I was here, in my real apartment and I'd been puttering, doing things around the house for hours until I suddenly realize it's pitch dark outside and I've got the curtains open. I then realize the front door is standing wide open as well, and I go running to shut and lock it.

I think my subconscious is trying to tell me I'm leaving myself open or leaving myself vulnerable to harm (death?) I'm forgetting something that would keep me safe? (from what?) Related to the cancer? Something else? Or just "stress dreaming"? Or is there any such thing? Is it always your subconscious trying to work through something? I've read somewhere that your dreams can have some puns or wordplay related to the meaning. I think the example I read was a woman dreaming she was planting a garden, things were sprouting and she realized shortly after the dreams that she was pregnant. Anyway...

I woke up and lay there for a minute trying to remember all the details because it seemed important, and then came running into the living room to find something to write it down with before it was gone. And now it's gone. I transcribed my scribbles from a legal pad to here for legibility, but tried not to "add" anything. I did try to remember stuff like details about this damned 'dream narrator', because that? was seriously annoying. Also, trying to pin down who this man I was living with was. I got the feeling I had been surprised to find him there earlier, but then he stayed like he belonged there. My feelings toward him are murkier. I didn't know who he was or who he was 'supposed' to be in the dream, so it's hard to pin down what his presence in the dream meant.

Addendum: 03-06-2010 @ 12:30 pm  - I think I'm blaming myself for getting cancer (left the door open/unlocked, too late to lock the door because the intruders are already inside). In the dream fragment, I'm just carelessly living my life while leaving myself open to danger, so the same meaning would apply. I think the man is my doctor or doctors, or perhaps everyone treating my cancer all rolled into one person, because I had been surprised to see him, but then he stayed like he belonged there. It would also explain not being able to pin down my feelings for him. Not hostile (I wondered if he was a friend/roomie), but not exactly romantic, either. And blaming him for the intruder killing me could be me not feeling in control; my fate is in someone else's hands, and their actions might get me killed.

Oh, and the house I own is me!

• Love 3
(edited)

Riley702, that's a pretty intense dream.  It sounds pretty scary.  I have my fair share of them, but, normally not involving being shot. You sound like you might have a handle on why you had that one.  I have read that death in a dream can represent a change or passing from one phase in your life to another.  So, it's not actually being killed.  Still, that's tough.  I hope that you are doing okay and that you don't have too many like that.  

On a lighter note, I had another pretty bizarre dream last night.  I dreamed that I had a puppy and I wanted to take it with me into a store (it was like a grocery store, but, had other depts with books, wine, art, etc.)  So, I took the puppy, wrapped him in a blanket and held in him in arms like an infant.  He was fully cooperative and as I looked at him, he became an infant or at least he really looked like one so much that people made comments about what a cute baby when I entered the store.  One merchant was particularly impressed and so I couldn't resist telling her that he was really a puppy.  She was shocked and amused.  IRL, I don't have a puppy, dog or baby, nor plans to get any of them.  lol  Isn't that funny?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

In another cancer dream, my PURSE is me.

Dream 07/20/2010

I was in an enormous mall and impulsively went into a LensCrafters to browse. I lost my purse and spent some time in the store looking for it. There were LOTS of purses, just not mine. I eventually picked one of the others and carried on. 

I wandered a little farther in the mall and got lost. I eventually found this big, plastic, folding map 2 or 3 feet across that showed where I was. I was a long way from where I started. Like, blocks away. Several buildings away, although I hadn't thought I'd left the first building. 

As I wandered, trying to find my way back, I would find various family members, get separated from them, find them again, get separated again, etc.

I heard an announcement over the loud speakers for me to call the LensCrafters, except they weren't calling themselves LensCrafters. I don't remember what the store was calling itself or how I knew it was them. I was trying to remember the number long enough to call them, but my cell phone was in pieces and I had to put it together and hold various pieces together to dial. When they answered and I asked for directions, they assumed I was where they'd left me and then started arguing between themselves about how best to direct me. I was yelling into the phone, trying to get their attention and tell them I was a long way from that first place, but couldn't get their attention as they continued to argue between themselves. That was when I woke up.

I think this is another cancer dream. Why it was set in a mall, I'm not sure, but a LensCrafters store would be the closest thing to a medically-related store you might find in a mall. My purse is myself. That I couldn't find it and settled for another one refers to wanting to go back to the old me (pre BC), realizing I couldn't, and having to go on with a new me. Getting lost refers to my treatment choices, and the people arguing over how to lead me back to them represents me disagreeing with my docs over how best to treat me. They're not listening as I try to tell them I'm not where I was (mentally), but they're ignoring me; I'm not being heard.

• Love 3

Riley702,

Your analysis makes sense.  I would imagine that when something like cancer enters your life, it can cause a huge impact of many facets.  

I sometimes have dreams about my Type I diabetes, though, it doesn't happen too often.  I've dreamed that I have forgotten my blood meter or I'm looking at a buffet of delicious deserts, but, pass them up, since I don't want to have to take more insulin.  lol  I kick myself, when I do that. 

I do seem to have a lot of conflict or frustrating situations in my dreams.  Occasionally, it will be an awesome dream with joy and complete bliss.  I love it when that happens. 

• Love 1

I've had dreams about losing or forgetting my purse. They are usually part of my dreams about cars and airports. I think my purse is "identity." It's also "finances." 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ennui said:

I've had dreams about losing or forgetting my purse. They are usually part of my dreams about cars and airports. I think my purse is "identity." It's also "finances." 

Actually, I had one last night about losing my antique flip phone. I was actually somewhat relieved until I suddenly realized in the dream that I had no way for my aged mother to reach me in case of emergency. What was also odd was that in the dream I was walking on a busy street in the rain then suddenly the sun came out when I found the flip phone!

• Love 2

This morning I woke up, saw that I still had 20 minutes before I had to get up, and went back to sleep. I was dozing on my side when I heard something slithering in my pillow. That'll get you up fast! Does anyone else hear phantom sounds? I've heard loud noises like something falling, or a shout ... this was the first time I heard something in my pillow. 

(Btw, nothing in my pillow but feathers.)

• Love 2

Last night, I dreamed I was at work, only it was a gazillion times bigger, with deserted workstations and desks, etc. For whatever reason, I had to make rounds through this whole enormous, but largely deserted building, and I was finding coins everywhere. I literally swiped a bag to carry them all in. And no one noticed, even when I did go through areas that were staffed. I was just wandering through and picking up coins. 

I have no idea what that means.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, riley702 said:

Last night, I dreamed I was at work, only it was a gazillion times bigger, with deserted workstations and desks, etc. For whatever reason, I had to make rounds through this whole enormous, but largely deserted building, and I was finding coins everywhere. I literally swiped a bag to carry them all in. And no one noticed, even when I did go through areas that were staffed. I was just wandering through and picking up coins. 

I have no idea what that means.

Strangely, you remind me of a similar-ish dream I had a couple of nights back where I was in a really big office with about 900 desks, and each desk had a PC, a laptop, a notebook (electronic), tablet and a smartphone. This was late at night, so no one else was in this office apart from me.

My boss had asked me to go to every desk in turn and switch these devices off. However, she insisted that I had to switch off the PCs first, then the smartphones, then the tablets, then the laptops, and finally the notebooks.  In other words rather being super-efficient and switching them all off while at the same desk, she wanted me to go to all 900 desks in turn five times! 

I can't recall how it ended, but it did remind me of a manager I used to work for, who wasn't very efficient-minded at the best of times!

• Love 1

Had the odd dream of driving to a 1970's theme park- that is, that it looked like a typical town with typical businesses,etc. from  the 1970's. I even went inside the McDonald's which surprised not only how it looked exactly as it had in the 1970's but also because I hadn't liked going there even back then!  I wonder if there might be anyone else who'd like a theme park like that?

On 6/27/2017 at 8:09 PM, ennui said:

My favorite dreams are "visiting" with relatives who have passed. They are quite realistic, they even tell me when it's time for me to go back. 

Oddly enough, My paternal grandmother, who'd been dead for over 40 years visited me in my dreams when my father was in the hospital.  I was in my childhood bedroom, and we sat on the bed and talked.  I missed her so much and remember being so happy to chat with her again!  My dad died not long after that;  which made me believe she was trying to break the news to me that she was taking Dad home with her.  

Last night, I dreamed I was at work, only it was a gazillion times bigger, with deserted workstations and desks, etc. For whatever reason, I had to make rounds through this whole enormous, but largely deserted building, 

I have had a similar dream at least twice - except it was my family and me touring a house they were looking to buy.  The house was impossibly huge:  one with hundreds of bedrooms and bathrooms, dozens of living rooms, kitchens, etc.  My family and I were all younger - my parents in their 40s and my sister and I as teens.  Still not sure of its meaning - if any.

I have a tendency to have dreams involving celebs or animated characters.  I am not sure what that means.  I remember a dream in which I was having a conversation with a famous singer during a party.  Suddenly all the party goers disappeared and the singer and I were sitting casually on the bandstand and chatting away like soulmates.  I remember waking up refreshed and happy from that dream - but a little disappointed I wasn't dating him!

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Blergh said:

OK, nothing profound here but the other night I dreamed that I was walking with both my parents in Milan, Italy and we happened to meet Danny De Vito right there on the street. My parents looked to be in their mid 50s  in the dream yet when I intro'd my father to Mr. De Vito, I actually said aloud his birth and death dates AND Milan is a place none of us have  yet traveled to.  Still, it was good to see my late father walking without impediment again and my mother not bent anymore.

I dream quite frequently about famous people.  In my dream I know their famous, but it doesn't seem strange that I'm hanging out with them.  I remember hanging out with Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt when they were married, and I wasn't a particular fan of them as a couple.  Probably the most vivid dream was hanging out with George W. Bush back when he was president.  We were on his ranch, and he was graciously driving me around on a huge tractor showing me the sites.  Later, we were sitting talking at a picnic table.  I told him that I really despise him, but he seems personable and pleasant in person.  I don't remember his reaction, but I think I woke up at this point.  The ranch was gorgeous.

• Love 1

I had some really odd dreams early this morning. And although there were dead bodies, it really wasn't scary or upsetting; just perplexing.

Tudors, dead folks, and parking 11/28/17

Woke up with a headache about 4 am and took Excedrin and went back to sleep.

It starts and ends with the Tudors. I'm in an ancient palace/chapel with lots of narrow, windy, hallways. I think I've dreamed about this place before. It was a royal palace open to tourists in my dreams before and there were alcoves along the hallways with exhibits on the Tudor wives - paintings, statues, their clothes and jewelry, etc. Anne Boleyn's body is on display in an alcove now. Some guy (a tourist guide?) opens the coffin and shows me her body, which hasn't decayed at all, and that seems normal. He tips her body up to show me the back and it looks different from the front. Even the decapitation line is now in a different spot. She's thinner, now, too. Someone is coming, so we close the lid. When I'm alone, I open the lid again, and she's upside down and looks different again. Dressed different and plumper. I carefully turn her over and her head comes with the body. As the line of decapitation disappears from sight on the back, it pops up in a different spot on the front, and her hairstyle and dress changes again. I'm perplexed.

Now I'm in a modern funeral home, but not one I've ever been in, and I don't recognize where I am - just out in some rural or small town area. There's an overweight, middle-aged man in a casket and he's in backwards. I have to get him turned around with no one seeing, for some reason. Then there are several young people in their teens or early 20s that aren't actually dead, so I help them sneak out of the funeral home and we go riding around with friends - mine? theirs? whose car? I'm not sure.

Now it's a game of people wanting to make out in these cars, but people are walking or driving by, or police are driving by, so they have to wait for a good opportunity. I'm watching, but not really involved at this point. It's like I'm watching a movie even though I'm in the car. They don't seem to be aware of me.

And back to the Tudors. Now Henry VIII is out parking with his various wives, and he's in danger of making out with them in the wrong order. And if he does, he'll marry them out of order and mess up history. But he can't find a private moment with the "wrong" wife and can with the correct one, so he makes out with, and marries them, in the correct order after all.

I find this last part funny as hell, but you know if Henry were in modern times, he'd definitely go parking.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 1

I sometimes wear contact lenses, but because I don't produce enough tears to keep my eyes sufficiently lubricated when working on dry and/dusty environments I am faced with the choice of wearing specs or using eye drops as a temporary lubricant for my contacts.

Anyway, I had a particular bad dream last night: can't recall all the details, but I do remember going to bed in my dream and putting eye-drops in my eyes just before going to sleep. And the following morning <in my dream> my mobile phone wakes me up, but I can't open my eyes! I try using my fingers to try and pry my lids open, but they're stuck fast. I go into a panic mode, falling out of bed and staggering "blindly" around my bedroom, banging into walls, cupboards etc. 

I panic even more, shouting for help, even though I'm the only person in my home.  I am sweating, and I start to cry. But because I can't open my eyes the tears build up behind my closed eyelids, putting pressure on my eyeballs. 

As a last resort I head for the bathroom, fill my sink with cold water and stick my face in it, letting my fingers rub my eyes until eventually I can open them again!

My vision returns but when I look in the mirror my eyeballs are completely black! I look like some kind of demon!

And that's when I wake up - in real life!

So now I have serious misgivings about putting drops in my eyes for real.

• Love 1

I sometimes have phantom sounds too.  I hear a loud knock, someone call my name, etc., but, they aren't real.  I also dream of celebrities quite a bit as well as old friends that I haven't seen in years.  

I also dream of structures a lot, such as houses, office buildings, malls, stores, shops, restaurants, odd doors and entries into buildings,  etc.  Not sure why.  

This week, I dreamed that I got engaged to Blake Shelton!  I have NO idea why.  I haven't even been watching or listening to him lately.   I'm not even a big fan and am not really attracted to him.  In fact, in my dream, I wasn't that attracted to him or in love with him.  I just thought it was a good situation.  He was nice, kind and solid.  In my dream, I told him that I thought that he was engaged to another girl and he said that she was too promiscuous.  lol  (Not Gwen.)  I remember thinking that I might be making a mistake.  lol

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I also dream of structures a lot, such as houses, office buildings, malls, stores, shops, restaurants, odd doors and entries into buildings,  etc.  Not sure why.  

My Dad read a ton of books on dreams and dream analysis - some of it seemed like hooey, but some made sense.  Structures were supposed to represent your life, so if you dream about a building under construction that would (theoretically) parallel with an aspect of your life like building a career or family.  A structure in disrepair would represent an element of your life that is not doing well or structurally unsound.  Perhaps the focus on the odd door and entries represent parts of your life you have neglected or opportunities missed?

The other one I always remembered was about cars - a dream about a car or vehicle often represents your physical body.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DeLurker said:

Don't buy off brand eye drops to save a few rubles!

That sounds like a terrifying dream and/or an anime/manga sequence.

I always use branded eye-drops - my eyes are far too precious to take chances with cheaper products. Similarly when applying mascara, I always get a little nervous my lashes might stick together closing my eyes again. 

• Love 1

I often have dreams where I need to move but can't or need to speak but can't. It is more frustrating than frightening and I wonder if it's my brain waking up before my body/the sleep paralysis does.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DeLurker said:

My Dad read a ton of books on dreams and dream analysis - some of it seemed like hooey, but some made sense.  Structures were supposed to represent your life, so if you dream about a building under construction that would (theoretically) parallel with an aspect of your life like building a career or family.  A structure in disrepair would represent an element of your life that is not doing well or structurally unsound.  Perhaps the focus on the odd door and entries represent parts of your life you have neglected or opportunities missed?

The other one I always remembered was about cars - a dream about a car or vehicle often represents your physical body.

Interesting... That reminds me that a few times, years ago, I dreamt about a small house, two or thee times, always the same one, that I have never seen in my life but that in my dream I knew rmeant I was safe - the first time, I was running away from some kind of danger and once I got inside I knew I was safe. Then, weeks or maybe months later, I dreamed again of this same house, once or twice more, and I recognized it from my first dream. Being in it or reaching it was a great comfort each time. 

It's a bit weird, because I was probably at mildly unhappy/at best blah time in my life -  And what I saw of the inside of the house was only the small front yard and the entry way/hall, which looked more like a grotto - the outside was was some kind of white adobe or lime washed walls, with a plain wooden door - but I knew it was already safety and an entryway to an unknown but peaceful and comforting place.

And I was going to ask what you made of this, but just writing it out, I think I'm figuring it out :)

And I now feel that describing a dream is one of the most revealing acts - much more than a nude selfie :D

• Love 1

I always seem to have work dreams lately.

Last night was a little too on the nose.

I was having one on one meeting with sales people on a hillside.  They kept throwing themselves off the hill.  I kept having to go save them from the ravine.

• Love 2
On 6/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I've had dreams of meeting famous people too.  Some of them are celebrities that I'm not that familiar with and not even a fan of....odd. I am so fascinated by dreams. 

Last night (early this am) I had a dream about Kyle Chandler. I was at his ranch house (think log cabin ish with a large horse barn). He was quizzing me. Could I chop, dice, and julienne vegetables? I could (can). Could I tack up and ride this horse he had. Again yes, but it was a nasty gelding and liked to bite and I was fearful of being kicked when I was behind him. Then I met a young girl whom I learned was his daughter. Then his ex came to pick her up.  It seemed like a marriage test...was I worthy enough? It took me over a hour this morning to figure out who he was because I didn’t know at the time of the dream. Weird. I have spent some time debating whether I have a star crush on him because I usually don’t have those. 

It was scary to read above about some of the nightmares that y’all have had. I also have astral projected. One time I followed a friend to NYC and boy was she gobsmacked when she came home because I gave her details about what the apt she stayed in looked like as well as other details. 

• Love 2

I had an interesting dream earlier this week, I hope someone could possibly interpret:

I found myself walking into my garage and noticed that the door was partially raised - enough that someone could have rolled under it and entered my home.  I was scared that an intruder was nearby.  I found myself going to the house across the street (it looked nothing like the real house across from me - it was a huge 3 story colonial style ) to find the guy that tried to enter my home.  He was throwing a house party and making a mess.  I kept trying to send him away and make the party goers clean up but I could feel my words being ignored and my helplessness growing.

Then I woke up.

Thoughts??

On 4/26/2018 at 3:51 PM, magicdog said:

I had an interesting dream earlier this week, I hope someone could possibly interpret:

I found myself walking into my garage and noticed that the door was partially raised - enough that someone could have rolled under it and entered my home.  I was scared that an intruder was nearby.  I found myself going to the house across the street (it looked nothing like the real house across from me - it was a huge 3 story colonial style ) to find the guy that tried to enter my home.  He was throwing a house party and making a mess.  I kept trying to send him away and make the party goers clean up but I could feel my words being ignored and my helplessness growing.

Then I woke up.

Thoughts??

I'll give it a shot, though, I 'm no expert.  I have read that when there are things in the dream to evaluate them over time to see if there is a common theme. Like do you dream about a house and garage door a lot?  I used to dream of a house, building, structure of some type all the time.  I'm still not sure what it meant, but, I have read that it symbolizes ourselves, our security, etc. So, did you feel that you were vulnerable for some reason? (Door left open.) Have you revealed too much information to someone?  That your security is not protected well and that you may be annoyed by someone near by who is bothering you (boy next door)? So you feel frustrated about something that is causing you distress.  Maybe not a real neighbor, but a colleague, partner, mate, family member?  I know nothing about you, so this is just conjecture.  

I dreamed about houses, buildings, mansions, etc. for years and then it stopped.  I have no idea why. Now, I dream more about people who I am concerned about and I see them in my dreams and don't know how to help them. 

• Love 2

I have a house I dream about sometimes and I'm positive it's me. When I was diagnosed with cancer in 2010, I dreamed that I was just puttering around all day and suddenly noticed it was dark, the curtains and windows were open, and the front door wide open. I ran to shut everything in a panic and later realized I was blaming myself for the cancer - that I'd somehow thoughtlessly left myself "open" to it. Not true, but understandable.

• Love 2