Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Wedding Prep and Pies

Mr. Lookeyloo has a sensitivity to cow dairy, but not butter (no protein in it he explains).  Anyway, I am famous in our little circle for my mashed potatoes which use some of the potato water and a lot of butter.  Very delicious.  Two ingredients not counting salt and pepper.  Our preference is for white pepper although I know this isn't popular.  On holidays it does take some doing to peel 5 lbs of potatoes which serves about 10 people, not all of them adults.  So they'd have to peel probably 10 lbs, maybe more since the big boys would probably eat a lot.  I don't do the peeling, but delegate this out to the men and they are happy to do it, to get to the mashed part.

• Love 1

Ok, I'll toss in my two cents regarding the Duggars and their laziness and non-creativity in the kitchen to eat healthier foods....Re: their infamous packaged mashed potatoes: Haven't they ever heard of "smashed potatoes"? They simply can use the baby red potatoes, toss a gallon of them in an industrial sized pot and boil them UNPEELED...drain and "smash with salt, pepper, butter & milk...no peeling needed...the skins are red jacket potato-like style, delicious, good for you, and no siblings needed to peel...This family really needs some help in the kitchen department, and MICHELLE, that IS your fault...can't fault the girls from not being taught as little girls how to really cook....

Since the rehearsal dinner is hosted by the groom's family, why would the Duggars want to stick their collective noses in that too? Just not real, IMO....too many comments about the boys not knowing how to cook...I also think it's pathetic that a 50 year old man, like Jim Bob, doesn't know how to make himself an egg for breakfast. If the boys need to know how to cook, so should HE.

• Love 1

They may even get more nutrients from the potato skins in smashed or rustic version. I wonder how long it took to cook that steak? It was pretty thick & still pretty frozen. Once again they could have bought the already cut up pieces of meat . My store calls them stir fry meat. More costly but that doesn't seem to be an issue. Or they could have used a thinner piece of meat making it easier to cut up & cook. Like others have said, hope the scissors they used to cut up chicken are cleaned & only used for food or even better, just for meat. But cutting up the hot meat while still in the pan? I can picture one of the boys giving the food used scissors to Josie so she can wipe her grubby nose picking fingers over them. Sorry,but almost every time they show her, she has a finger heading to her nose.

• Love 1

Don't think this has been mentioned yet. Wasn't there a pop up about how many dishes & pans get washed in the Duggars dishwasher? Had to laugh because isn't it like an industrial dishwasher that takes 5 minutes to run? I'm sure this was a FU internet moment but we still see them eating off paper plates with plastic utensils (Smuggars included). I wonder what Jana thought of eating off real dishes with real silverware at Jericks.

• Love 1

Ok, I'll toss in my two cents regarding the Duggars and their laziness and non-creativity in the kitchen to eat healthier foods....Re: their infamous packaged mashed potatoes: Haven't they ever heard of "smashed potatoes"? They simply can use the baby red potatoes, toss a gallon of them in an industrial sized pot and boil them UNPEELED...drain and "smash with salt, pepper, butter & milk...no peeling needed...the skins are red jacket potato-like style, delicious, good for you, and no siblings needed to peel...This family really needs some help in the kitchen department, and MICHELLE, that IS your fault...can't fault the girls from not being taught as little girls how to really cook....

I make the same thing with a bag of smaller yukon gold organic potatoes.  The skins are delicious.  It might take a few minutes more than the Ore-ida version, but still.  No preservatives and you don't have to open 10 bags for a family that big. 

I really hated that MEchelle talked about the boys cooking for SURVIVAL!  That's sad.  I hope you feel like a piece of crap mother that your boys felt the need to cook crap for SURVIVAL.  (while MEchelle runs out to Starbucks for her $5 latte.)

This woman annoys me more each episode. 

• Love 1

Ok, I'll toss in my two cents regarding the Duggars and their laziness and non-creativity in the kitchen to eat healthier foods....Re: their infamous packaged mashed potatoes: Haven't they ever heard of "smashed potatoes"? They simply can use the baby red potatoes, toss a gallon of them in an industrial sized pot and boil them UNPEELED...drain and "smash with salt, pepper, butter & milk...no peeling needed...the skins are red jacket potato-like style, delicious, good for you, and no siblings needed to peel...This family really needs some help in the kitchen department, and MICHELLE, that IS your fault...can't fault the girls from not being taught as little girls how to really cook..

This is how I make mashed taters. I throw in some butter, garlic, parsley, sea salt, cracked pepper, and a dash of chipotle hot sauce. So yummy. My hubby loves when I make them.

The Duggars are lazy at life.

• Love 2