Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Say Her Real Name

• Start Topic

With a World Trade conference in Chicago, all members of intelligence are undercover in various protest groups to determine potential threats. Ruzek, infiltrates the Black Grid group and befriends Sierra. When she ends up dead intelligence is suspicious of an Argentine Secretary, Fabian Sosa. Voight and Olinsky  question Sosa about the death and the team enlists Mouse to help with their tech needs in tracking Sosa. Meanwhile Halstead’s brother, Dr. Will Halstead shows up in town for an undetermined amount of time and is already stirring up trouble.

Halsted's brother for sure and also imo the high school bff of Sevareid (from Chicago Fire duh). And I wonder if Peter Mills will go over too in some EMT function if his spot as Squad doesn't open up.

Loved Trudy's hickey diagnosis. She might just be my favorie character on this show.

• Love 3

Burgess and Ruzek were the two that Voight was willing to turn a blind eye to their relationship so they could work on his team? Bullshit! Sorry, in my opinion, they are the least mature with their relationship compared to Lindsay & Halstead. Burgess got on my nerve w. her jealousy. So she would have preferred if her boyfriend wasn't compassionate to a girl who was murdered via thrown off a roof?

Will Halstead is hilarious! That scene w. Platt had me LOL for a good 5 minutes after. Platt's face during and afterwards also hilarious. Halstead closing his eyes after Will said it was just a hickey had me, again, LOL! He's like, "You're gonna be gone and I'm gonna pay for that. So thanks, dude!"

So obviously Jay told his brother something about a girl and relationship b/c how would Will even know to ask who "she" is. Jay tried to dodge it but had to fess up when Lindsay came in anyway, "Shut up, here she comes". lol. 

What has Will gotten himself into and how much is Jay gonna have to clean up.

Ummmmmm, what;s going on w. Voight and Olivia?!? The next crossover is gonna be quite interesting!

Another great episode. Brava to this cast!

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 3

Burgess and Ruzek were the two that Voight was willing to turn a blind eye to their relationship so they could work on his team? Bullshit! Sorry, in my opinion, they are the least mature with their relationship compared to Lindsay & Halstead. Burgess got on my nerve w. her jealkousy. So she would have preferred if her boyfriend wasn't compassionate to a girl who was murdered via thrown off a roof?

I so agree with everything you said, some people like Burgess and Ruzek not me. I just don't feel them as a couple, trying to convince us they couldn't resist falling in love so hard and fast. Blech! Just because they are constantly pawing at each other they both act like jealous teenagers. I so prefer Halstead and Lindsey.

I prefer Ruzek and Burgess to Halsted and Lindsey who get on my freaking nerves and I prefer Halstead and Lindsey apart not together but then I think Lindsey is another Gabby who is the center of everything and everyone and gets way too much airtime !

I actually think Halstead works better with anyone else but Lindsey !

• Love 1

I thought maybe they were setting up that he was on the run from the SVU and we were going to have another crossover.

That could be too since Voight got a gift from Olivia. I figured since I thought I heard the brother say he was a  doctor that it will somehow all come into play. it will probably be both somehow :)

If Olivia's bottle of liquor gift to Voight is foreshadowing of anything more than an alcoholic connection between the two of them, and she appears on PD next season with a recurring role once SUV ends, I am done with this show. She is one of my least favorite actors and characters on television. Let him find some non-cop romantic interest.

And I am pretty tired of office romances in the unit. Wish Ruzek's ex fiancee would reappear, or another civilian. And Lindsay, two of the best looking actors on television, ever, surely would have non-police force people hitting on them 24/7. Wish Antonio's marriage and whatsishame's too, the older detective who is my favorite but so rarely has a line that I can't even remember his name, were still at least in counselling.

• Love 1

If Olivia's bottle of liquor gift to Voight is foreshadowing of anything more than an alcoholic connection between the two of them, and she appears on PD next season with a recurring role once SUV ends, I am done with this show. She is one of my least favorite actors and characters on television. Let him find some non-cop romantic interest.

And I am pretty tired of office romances in the unit. Wish Ruzek's ex fiancee would reappear, or another civilian. And Lindsay, two of the best looking actors on television, ever, surely would have non-police force people hitting on them 24/7. Wish Antonio's marriage and whatsishame's too, the older detective who is my favorite but so rarely has a line that I can't even remember his name, were still at least in counselling.

Olinsky?  Also my favorite!!  There can never be too much Olinsky for me. 

• Love 2

I've always seen Burgess as this show's answer to Gabby.  She even had the "crush on an engaged colleague who then dumps the fiance and hooks up with her" thing, though I never got the feeling that Burgess thought that Ruzek should dump the fiance just because she (Burgess) had a thing for him, like Gabby did on Chicago Fire.  Beyond that, the key for me were two things: that Burgess centered episode from a few weeks ago, where her refusal to call for back up led to some avoidable deaths and her partner getting shot, yet everyone fell all over themselves to praise her abilities, and Voigt offering her Lindsay's spot and waiving his rule about fraternization among team members which he won't do for Lindsay.  Burgess isn't as coddled as Gabby, and I think these writers have learned from some of the mistakes that Chicago Fire made, but their tendency is still to indulge in the One Special Girl trope, even if it's just a little bit. 

I like that the episode didn't make the claim that Protesters Are Bad.  I was concerned that would happen based on the description.  Instead, the antics of these specific groups were treated as worthy of eye-rolls but were otherwise harmless, at least compared to murder.  They didn't try to stop the protesters, or even interfere with the march, they just focused on finding Felicia's killer.  This episode did make me want to see what Olinsky would be like high.  I imagine it would be hilarious.

• Love 1

That could be too since Voight got a gift from Olivia. I figured since I thought I heard the brother say he was a  doctor that it will somehow all come into play. it will probably be both somehow :)

That'a sort of what I thought. I mean they made a point to say the brother was from New York and he obviously has problems with the law.

but then I think Lindsey is another Gabby who is the center of everything and everyone and gets way too much airtime 

I know Jason Beghe name is first but Sophia brought a lot of fans w. her from her previous show and her name alone. So, yeah, I expected from the start that Sopjia and Lindsay would be featured more than the rest. Erin Lindsay is kick ass and is my favorite character in the show.

Lindsay, Halstead, Olinsky, and Voight <~ My fave characters, in that order.

Are they setting up Halstead's brother to be on Chicago Med?

Yes. He will be recurring on CPD for the rest of the season though. He also will be part of the upcoming Chicago Fire episode -- which is a backdoor pilot and introduces us to the Chicago Med team/character/actors.  

Great episode for Ruzek. He really shone. Nice to see him take the lead on an episode again. He's turning into a decent character. Only thing dragging him down is the relationship with Burgess. Voight being willing to make an exception for those two is probably the biggest glitch in writing on this show. It doesn't fit his character at all to make any exceptions and the fact that he'd make for the two least professional (not to mention junior) members of his team is just a fail in writing that I can't see over.

Burgess was back to bugging me in this episode. She's in a sulk for the entire episode and then Ruzek gives her a big kiss and asks her to hang out and suddenly she's ok. It's just so.. childish.

Nice to meet Jay's brother. I really liked the actor on Shameless and hoping he'll grow back some facial hair again as the cleancut look just doesn't suit him. I'm looking forward to the Chicago Med backdoor pilot and hope it gets picked up. The PD one wasn't that great and certainly didn't reflect the type of show it would end up becoming so fingers crossed they even get a midseason order or something.

Voight and Olivia eh? I'm not that interested. I don't want to see Benson crossing over too much.

• Love 1