Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Chocolate Does A Body Good

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah sorry Todd but the bonnet excuse doesn't fly at only six months of marriage. That's putting all the blame on Kandi for your lack of interest. If you're not happy with being Mr. Kandi then leave the marriage with whatever you brought.

Edited by charming
  • Love 5

The Todd/Kandi dynamic isn't making sense. She has him sign a prenup so he won't get her money, but bitches when he's away in L.A. doing business to make money. And immediately thinks he's cheating. That whole scenario is fakety fake, to me. It's like something out a cheap 70s dimestore paperback novel.

In other words, the photos and stories she posts on Facebook of the two of them ain't jiving with this storyline.

• Love 5

AND THEN! Cynthia couldn't even spill the tea! That bitch hemmed and hawed like she was reading from a teleprompter and forgot her contacts.

When you know you're doing something wrong, you do that

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't root for any marriage to fail, but I kind of hope that this tension between Todd and Kandi isn't fake. She needs a damn wake up call. She seems so oblivious as to why he may not want to sleep with her or be around her. How many friends, relatives, and employees have to talk shit about Todd for her to get a clue, act like she's the man's WIFE, and tell them off/fire them? Le sigh.

Edited by Dani331
  • Love 11

Many black women wear a hair bonnet when they go to bed because a lot of the pillowcases etc dry out/frizz up the hair. It's not a sexy look. But, most black men know this and deal with it.

Todd's probably tired of Kandi letting peons like Don Juan run over him. But if he checked DJ Kandi would whine about it. That's not hot.

Kandi's distanced herself from Phaedra because Phaedra is shady. The end.

Peter told Cynthia NOT to RunTelDat about Chocolate and she did it anyway so don't feel sorry for her and her aftermath.

Kenya should've kept quiet.

It's a sad say when Nene is the voice of reason. A broken clock is right twice a day, though.

• Love 11

Did y'all miss when Porsche came into the restaurant and said "Hey miss busy body" to Kandi. I'm sure it was not what she meant; she just meant miss busy; but, how appropriate considering how Kandi seemed to turn around in her chair to get all up in that tea. I can't stand her anymore. She use to be my favorite, but that stuff with her mom and how she treated Todd took that away. And, now watching her, she is shady and weak.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Todd/Kandi dynamic isn't making sense. She has him sign a prenup so he won't get her money, but bitches when he's away in L.A. doing business to make money. And immediately thinks he's cheating. That whole scenario is fakety fake, to me. It's like something out a cheap 70s dimestore paperback novel.

In other words, the photos and stories she posts on Facebook of the two of them ain't jiving with this storyline.

Well, what most people post on social media is fake. Everyone wants to portray themselves as perfect and happy when the truth is much darker.

You think the marriage trouble is fake for the show and facebook is real? I don't think Kandi is the type who would willingly portray herself as being in a virtually sexless marriage and deemed unattractive to her husband. Just for the Housewives cameras? Even she has too much pride for that imo.

Edited by charming
  • Love 2

Ohhh, you mean like covering the curlers? Yeah, it wouldn't hurt Kandi to sex things up a bit.

As Kandi mentioned, he did not have a problem with the bonnet before they were married.......

She also did not consider that Todd did not make any money with A Mother's Love if they are supposed to share 50% of the profits made on their joint projects.  She may not have felt anything when the play did not make any money, but he did.

Well, what most people post on social media is fake. Everyone wants to portray themselves as perfect and happy when the truth is much darker.

You think the marriage trouble is fake for the show and facebook is real? I don't think Kandi is the type who would willingly portray herself as being in a virtually sexless marriage and deemed unattractive to her husband. Just for the Housewives cameras? Even she has too much pride for that imo.

Kandi doesn't have any pride.  She puts her dysfunctional mother on front street so she can have a relevant storyline so I think she will fake a sexless marriage for a storyline.

• Love 5

I would have expected Kenya to be the most sympathetic to Phaedra regarding Cynthia's claims. She's walked in those shoes. I guess she fell out of them pretty quickly once the cameras turned on.

Why would she be, when the woman couldn't even be woman enough to apologize for believing her husband's lies? I think Kenya would have been completely sympathetic. But Phaedra didn't deserve her sympathy IMO.

Oh Apollo, you juvial bastard. You're going asunder, are you?

Inanimate objects have been working for me this week - first the escalator eating Brandi's ass (by way of Kim) on BH and then the car smacking Phaedra in the head (by way of me) thanks!

Todd, my husband would like to call "bullshit" on your excuse. He's not thirsty and still says a "bonnet" wouldn't stop him. Stop playing.

Hmm. I wonder if somebody at Bravo is trying to spill some tea by showing Phaedra's pattern of lies. They hit that flashback button when they want to make sure you're busted. Also: nice chryon count screen editors, letting us know it's been 3 days before Kandi dropped by...build that storyline! Phaedra is full of it, though. The times that Kandi did try to talk to her during her "drama" she didn't want to hear what she had to say. So then Kandi falls back, and suddenly she's a bad friend? How many times has Phaedra called Kandi? Or isn't anyone else allowed to have anything going on in their lives?

LMAO: Nene: "Who's calling people a whore?" Cynthia: "You called Claudia a whore two weeks ago!." (Oops)

Cynthia. Gurl. Leave that mess to those who thrive on that. No matter who sends you to be the messenger. That was all kinds of awkward. No bueno.

More burning questions:

- How is Nene making history on Broadway? *confused*

- Why does Porsha choose the "skank" setting for every outfit?

- Why are Nene and Porsha making it thier business to question Kandi? Guess we have to "watch what happens" to find out.

• Love 16

Ok I am confused by the logic of Kenya! So she says Phaedra is guilty because she jumped up and tried to knock her cockeyed behind out? Well I guess by that same clueless thinking she is a Whore also because she has been all hysterical and butt hurt over being called a Whore for 2 years. I mean if something is not true then way is Kenya all upset about being something she has proven herself to be:

Worthless

Human

Often

Reacting

Emotionally unstable

• Love 8

I'll take that for what it was.  I was in a mood for trash tv, and I got it.  

I think there's a point buried somewhere in there about how hypocritical some of these women are, and I might have been interested in seeing that play out, but I'm not sure how this method of trying to make that point is supposed to work.  Stammering at a table, forcing Kenya to come in and salvage something from the scene while, for the most part, Phaedra just kept texting...Cynthia seriously fumbled.

Claudia is making me take Porsha's side in their whole non-conflict (y'know, the one that only really appears in Claudia's interviews when she declares that she's "taking the high road" or whatever).  I guess the wells of drama were pretty low after filming this season, if this is what they're trying to make into something in order to fill airtime.  

I think I'm at that point in the season where I need to take a couple episodes off.  It's all getting a little tiresome.

• Love 4

I'm not sure it was meant to be hilarious that Todd asked Kandi if if she would marry him all over again then proceeded to tell her to not ask him the same question. When she asks him anyway, he just says, "Let's go to counseling." LMAO!

And where was he going with that "he's not somebody (I forgot which celeb he mentioned here) and Kandi's no Rhianna?" That was his way of justifying their once a week sex life?

• Love 1
(edited)

Religious fanatics are weird.  That's all I have to say about Phaedra's house cleansing.  "This house is clean!"

You don't have to be a religious fanatic to have your house blessed.  Unless you consider belief in God and spirits being a fanatic, then cool, you're entitled to your opinion.  I don't see anything wrong with house blessings.

Man, fuck Kandi. I have been in a position where my life has been a total catastrophe but if my best friend calls me because she's going through some shit, I forget everything else. That's what REAL friends do! So, Kandi can miss me with those bullshit excuses she was spitting out.

I think Kandi is beginning to be influenced by Todd just like Cynthia is being influenced by Peter.  Both Todd and Peter are good friends with Apollo.  Kandi is slowly trying to distance herself from Phaedra because of it.  Sad, but that's what I believe.  That being said, Kandi is a stealth BITCH!, and a horrible friend.

Claudia, I still haven't forgotten "teeth and eyes."  She needs to take a few seats.

Thank you!  This needs to be brought attention to as much as possible.  If nobody brings it up at the reunion, I'm going to gauge my own eyes out.  lol

Kenya and the fake tears?!  STFU you asshole!  You know damned well the reason Phaedra was calling you a whore is because Apollo doctored up some texts that he told Phaedra were from you, in addition to your inappropriate flirting with her husband for two whole seasons.  Apollo is a master at document manipulation.  He's currently in jail for it now.  So get off your "Waaahhhh!!!  They called me a whore!" high horse and stop thinking that the viewing audience is stupid enough to believe your fake assed tears.  So go take a few seats with the other thots you hang out with because nobody is buying your bullshit!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 11
(edited)

Does Kandi want to have sex because she wants to feel closer to Todd and connect?

Or because she needs a stud so she can get her baby? Because that could also be a reason he's really not trying to get into her pants and using every excuse in the book not to go there.

I take the bonnet/Rihanna statements as a frustration that Kandi's not wanting to gave sex with him for him, but let's go on 'head, pump 1 2 3 4 and make this baby. She's not making an effort...she probably figures she doesn't need to, they're married, AINT they?

Todd could also feel that once Kandi has the baby, there's no need for him anymore, so she could kick him to the and still want him to pony up for child support. I doubt he's trying to get into all that.

Kandi wants a stud & a sugar baby. She's not getting what she paid for.

Let me remind everyone that Cynthia is the one who got the Pillow Talk shambles going last year, for trying to dig up dirt on Todd's opportunism by playing runteldat with what Natalie & Christopher Williams told them.

ETA: Kandi probably comes to bed looking like the mom off the Berenstain Bears series. I think the bonnet signifies not putting in any effort. Kandi does not appear to be putting in any effort in her end (shutting down Joyce, Don Juan, Carmon, etc; disrespecting Sharon) and the bonnet symbolizes that.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 8

I'll take that for what it was.  I was in a mood for trash tv, and I got it.  

I think there's a point buried somewhere in there about how hypocritical some of these women are, and I might have been interested in seeing that play out, but I'm not sure how this method of trying to make that point is supposed to work.  Stammering at a table, forcing Kenya to come in and salvage something from the scene while, for the most part, Phaedra just kept texting...Cynthia seriously fumbled.

Claudia is making me take Porsha's side in their whole non-conflict (y'know, the one that only really appears in Claudia's interviews when she declares that she's "taking the high road" or whatever).  I guess the wells of drama were pretty low after filming this season, if this is what they're trying to make into something in order to fill airtime.  

I think I'm at that point in the season where I need to take a couple episodes off.  It's all getting a little tiresome.

I can't with this show anymore, it is all manufactured BS now, nothing real or fun left in it.

You don't have to be a religious fanatic to have your house blessed.  Unless you consider belief in God and spirits being a fanatic, then cool, you're entitled to your opinion.  I don't see anything wrong with house blessings.

I think Kandi is beginning to be influenced by Todd just like Cynthia is being influenced by Peter.  Both Todd and Peter are good friends with Apollo.  Kandi is slowly trying to distance herself from Phaedra because of it.  Sad, but that's what I believe.  That being said, Kandi is a stealth BITCH!, and a horrible friend.

Thank you!  This needs to be brought attention to as much as possible.  If nobody brings it up at the reunion, I'm going to gauge my own eyes out.  lol

Kenya and the fake tears?!  STFU you asshole!  You know damned well the reason Phaedra was calling you a whore is because Apollo doctored up some texts that he told Phaedra were from you, in addition to your inappropriate flirting with her husband for two whole seasons.  Apollo is a master at document manipulation.  He's currently in jail for it now.  So get off your "Waaahhhh!!!  They called me a whore!" high horse and stop thinking that the viewing audience is stupid enough to believe your fake assed tears.  So go take a few seats with the other thots you hang out with because nobody is buying your bullshit!

Kenya is an "actor" yet can't even manage to fake some tears, no wonder her acting career is in the dumps! Nene can fake cry better than Kenya any day of the week. Pathetic IMO, really pathetic! LOL

• Love 4

As Kandi mentioned, he did not have a problem with the bonnet before they were married.......

My take on it is that at first the bonnet didn't bother Todd.  He could look past it.  But now, in addition to all of the other bullshit he's had to put up with since they have been married, the bonnet is like the straw that broke the camel's back.  In other words, he could stand the bonnet when all of the other bullshit wasn't present, but to have that bullshit, and the bonnet too?!  Instant erectile dysfunction.   

• Love 4
(edited)

When Phaedra called Kenya a whore, Kenya wasn't going through hell with two children and a husband going to jail because Kenya doesn't have a husband or children.

I cant see how being labeled a whore should be more or  less offensive based on ones marital or parental status.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 8

Kandi sure took her time deciding to come to her bestie, Phaedra's side. I guess she has taken a crash course in the Cynthia Bailey fence sitting 101. Cynthia wants to pretend she is so mean girl yet she can't even coherently put her thoughts out there for anyone to process. The stench of mendacity flowing off the tongues of the 3 witches of Atlanta, Kenya and her two minions is thick. 

Kenya is destined to be miserable for life. The woman and I use that term loosely is so desperate for any sort of attention this is why she can't keep a decent man. You can look in her eyes and see the crazy that rolls off of her. Cynthia and Claudia are all she has and they are only with her because they have nothing going on either. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Maybe I'm just biased because I can't stand Phaedra, but I didn't have a problem with her being confronted over dinner. Every housewife on these shows have had a moment where they were confronted with "rumors" by the other women. Of course they're 100% producer-driven, but it's obviously something we come to expect from these shows. What makes Phaedra so special that she gets a sympathy pass? Because her husband is in jail? No one told her to marry that ex-con. Whenever someone wants to confront her with something she wants to throw hands. Maybe she should stop cashing Bravo checks if she gets personally offended every time someone confronts her about her very public life.

However, despite everything, Cynthia gets the prize for looking the worst this episode. I know the producers probably asked her to bring it up and she felt apprehensive about it, but if you're going to spill tea you mind as well own it. Just be clear, state the facts, remain neutral, and try to sound diplomatic. Her mumbling, "You know, we kinda have this thing where we're always calling each other whores..." SHUT UP. And next season, if Bravo wants to increase the ratings again (since it's been falling) they need to encourage the women to focus more on their families and projects and let the drama brew organically. Claudia vs. Porsha is the perfect example. The faux drama is ruining the show. Half the women don't even have storylines anymore--just sitting around in empty mansions waiting on invitations to dinners so that they can fight about something that happened a year ago. It's becoming too much.

Edited by cerealboxkilla
  • Love 19

As I type this with my bonnet on (the drawstring one because I can't find the black elastic one) I know damned well Todd is going to bed with a du rag or stocking cap at least a couple nights a week. Those waves aren't laying down like that magically every morning with just water and a little Dax. Everything else was boring in this episode.

• Love 16

Maybe I'm just biased because I can't stand Phaedra, but I didn't have a problem with her being confronted over dinner. Every housewife on these shows have had a moment where they were confronted with "rumors" by the other women. Of course they're 100% producer-driven, but it's obviously something we come to expect from these shows. What makes Phaedra so special that she gets a sympathy pass? Because her husband is in jail? No one told her to marry that ex-con. Whenever someone wants to confront her with something she wants to throw hands. Maybe she should stop cashing Bravo checks if she gets personally offended every time someone confronts her about her very public life.

However, despite everything, Cynthia gets the prize for looking the worst this episode. I know the producers probably asked her to bring it up and she felt apprehensive about it, but if you're going to spill tea you mind as well own it. Just be clear, state the facts, remain neutral, and try to sound diplomatic. Her mumbling, "You know, we kinda have this thing where we're always calling each other whores..." SHUT UP. And next season, if Bravo wants to increase the ratings again (since it's been falling) they need to encourage the women to focus more on their families and projects and let the drama brew organically. Claudia vs. Porsha is the perfect example. The faux drama is ruining the show. Half the women don't even have storylines anymore--just sitting around in empty mansions waiting on invitations to dinners so that they can fight about something that happened a year ago. It's becoming too much.

I agree Phaedra is not getting a pass from me. She enjoys the drama that doesn't involve her, she spent so much time making Kenya look bad and now that the shoe is on the other foot, she can't handle it. She can confront people so Kenya can in turn can confront her. One thing can't be applied to one character and not the rest.  If Phaedra can dish it, then she better damn well be able to take it or just get the hell on somewhere and stay in that house and never come out. As far as that guy removing the evil, if evil is to escape that house, then Phaedra might wanna move then, she's the last bit of evil walking around in that house. 

Cynthia, I personally believe that it's just not in her to be shady, gossipy, or anything like that because she struggles with it a lot. It doesn't come off natural and maybe she's doing it so that Bravo doesn't ask for their peach back. I think Cynthia is suited best as the supportive friend who can style herself. 

I still don't see how Nene was the voice of reason, she was a hypocrite as always. Broadway must be thirsty for some actors and don't know why they're interested in someone who admitted that she doesn't want to study acting because she has such "raw, natural, talent", you know she has such talent that she can put Angela Bassett, Thandie Newton, Pam Grier, Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, & Phylicia Rashad to shame.

Claudia and Porsha can get the hell on with their manufactured drama and b.s. Does anyone really care? It's so manufactured because I believe that these two don't even hang out outside the show and not even close and bet they don't even dislike each other. Producers are just trying so hard to blend Claudia in with the other established HW. We wouldn't have to witness this awful "story" if Porsha didn't act the fool at the reunion.

• Love 8

I hate being alone. But, I'd do anything to keep being alone if my only option were to be in this group. Will any look back in 10, 20, 40 years and be ashamed or feel empty?

They should be looking back now and feeling ashamed and empty.

• Love 4

There is a huge difference between Phaedra truly thinking Kenya was a whore, what, with her husband telling her (and I believe showing her) texts that she thought were real from Kenya. Kenya, in the other hand, is basing her judgment on second-hand information, information Cynthia didn't even see with her own two eyes! Come on. There's a huge difference to me.

• Love 12

I can't with this show anymore, it is all manufactured BS now, nothing real or fun left in it.

I passed last night in favor of Madame Secretary (not great, but ok).  I turned on Atlanta during the first couple of commercials and stayed with Madame Secretary. 

It doesn't look like I missed much  - same screeching and shouting as last week and the week before and the week before.....

• Love 1

Nene was the voice of reason because the dinner was going like this:

Hey Gurl, how you doing?

Oh GURL, just fine. Just working.

Yeah, you put the chip on green when you want them to bring you food and flip it on red when you want them to stop.

Hey Mr. Waiter, lemme practice my Portuguese on you!

Gurl, haven't seen you since Puerto Rico!

Hey Miss BusyBody, haven't seen you in a while!

Gurl, busy with the play, been working etc.

Chile I been going back & forth to New York, making history in Broadway etc.

Everything was cool and light. Then here comes Cynthia and you could see dark clouds forming:

Well, there's um a very important subject and um it um needs to um be brought up so um like we're um always um calling people whores. And um...

Nene was the voice of reason because Cynthia didn't need to bring that up right then & there. Everyone was getting along, being cordial etc. And Peter had just finished telling Cynthia NOT to talk about that subject. Cynthia was being messy & couldn't even do it right. I'm loathe to agree with Nene but Cynthia looked like an idiot.

• Love 8

Everything was cool and light. Then here comes Cynthia and you could see dark clouds forming:

Well, there's um a very important subject and um it um needs to um be brought up so um like we're um always um calling people whores. And um...

Nene was the voice of reason because Cynthia didn't need to bring that up right then & there. Everyone was getting along, being cordial etc. And Peter had just finished telling Cynthia NOT to talk about that subject. Cynthia was being messy & couldn't even do it right. I'm loathe to agree with Nene but Cynthia looked like an idiot.

I have to agree with this. There was NO REASON  to bring that up at that moment. It was actually cruel because obviously

Pheadra just lost her husband to prison. Who brings up "touchy subjects" with a group of women who do not wish you well?

• Love 2

There's always one in every crowd, the one who can't keep their mouth shut no matter what. Wasn't Cynthia recently boo-hooing after NeNe didn't pay enough attention to her at another gathering? People who intentionally inflict pain on others are just downright evil in my book. Karma will come back to get Cynthia.

• Love 8

If I was with that group when that shit storm started, I'd have to tell everyone that I'd be glad to storm out with just the right amount of righteous indignation just as soon as I finished eating.

• Love 9

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I would have needed to finish my meal (Brazilian steak houses, especially Fogo de Chao, are fricking delicious) before running after anyone.  They don't do doggy bags.

Poor Demetria.  I didn't even recognize her when she walked in.

• Love 3
(edited)

My take on this week’s episode

Kandi – Oh my GAWD if she isn’t annoying!!!  Why can’t she see that letting her mother disrespect Todd and his now deceased mother and father is very bad.  That her employees also disrespect Todd and openly questions his manhood.  That her own daughter disrespects his daughter every chance she gets and she is only 11!!  THAT is why he is reluctant to have sex with her.  The bonnet is just another nail in the coffin that is their failing marriage. 

Porsha pretty much kept out of the mess this week but that did not stop Claudia from making a point to mention that she has to “take the high road” with a woman who doesn’t even acknowledges her existence.

Phaedra is going through serious hell right now.  I don’t know if anyone noticed the hole in the bedroom wall when the pastor was going through, blessing the house.  Phaedra looked frazelled and depressed last night when she was talking with her assistant.  Anyone could see this is taking a great toll on her .  It is a very hard thing to have to realize that someone you loved was so resentful of you and wanted to abuse you mentally and I believe would have been physically if he didn’t go to jail.

As for Kandi’s support (or lack thereof), it was sad to see Phaedra realize that she couldn’t really depend on her “friend” to be there for her.  What Kandi is going through in nothing in comparison to the hell Phaedra is still going through.  She could’ve at least texted or picked up a phone.  Nene did; every day.  However, Nene has been in an abusive relationship and knows what Phaedra was going through so she knew Phaedra needed support.

It still angers me that they all gave Porsha support and advice when she was dealing with the controlling Kordell but Kandi, of all people could not see the abusive interactions of Apollo towards Phaedra.

Nene was indeed the voice of reason this episode.  She was there for Phaedra and no one would have known if Phaedra herself didn’t mention it.  Nene might be a bit of a braggart but she takes support of a collegue very seriously.  I also applaude her and Porsha for getting Phaedra out of the restaurant before things got way too serious.  I didn’t like the fact that Kandi stayed behind to kiki with team petty before seeing her her  “friend” was holding up.

Cynthia again showed that she is a stealth bitch who can do a lot of dirt behind someone’s back but could not handle it face to face.  She knew she was wrong, that’s why she had a very hard time getting to the point.  She knew it was the wrong place and the wrong time.  However, she has been supporting Kenya all along from the time she ran and told Kenya what Phaedra and Porsha said in passing when they were coming from an training session of Cynthia’s.  Cynthia has been that silent partner, telling Kenya any and everything she heard from the other women.  Although I wasn’t surprised she did it again, it infuriated me that she would bring up such a personal situation in front of all of the women, basically accusing Phaedra of whoring around.  I truly believe that Cynthia cannot be anyone’s real friend and Nene was good to let her go.

Kenya is a miserable, hateful and vindictive troll.  I have come to expect she knows no bounds to how low she would stoop to just get attention.  She doesn’t seem to be able to go anywhere and not be the center of the worst drama.  The fact that the three witches of NotLanta even went as far a following Phaedra outside just to continue to badger her about a rumor NONE of them have any verification of is so disgusting.   And now she is doing the “I can explain” tour with anyone who will listen, trying to justify why she felt the need to attack a woman whose husband had just threatened her before going to jail.  She knew what had happened and the moment Cynthia stated that it was and African Prince, that should have been the red flag that the rumor was bogus.   However, she had to make it all about her and then how she was wronged by another “whore” … the boohooing was just ,… I just can’t

Demetria the invisible was proving why she didn’t get a peach.

Cynthia I am disliking the most right now because this could have all been avoided.  I do wish Peter would have stopped her from carrying that bone in the first place.  However, she still confronted Phaedra after he told her to stay out of it.  I believe he knew there probably wasn't much credence in what Apollo was telling him.

I would have just asked for another table and ate my fabulous meal alone.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 10

Why would she be, when the woman couldn't even be woman enough to apologize for believing her husband's lies? I think Kenya would have been completely sympathetic. But Phaedra didn't deserve her sympathy IMO.

I agree with this, but Kenya would have come out looking much better if she had shown some compassion.  Plus, it undermined Kenya's issue concerning the texts that Apollo lied about.  She worked hard trying to reveal Apollo's lies, but then she is easily convinced when she hears information 3rd hand?  No bueno indeed.

I think Peter should have spilled this tea because it would have been more authentic.

• Love 2

What Peter should have done is have a private conversation with Phaedra about what Apollo told him. So that she'd know what he's saying, and who else he might have been saying it to. But no, Peter is just like Cynthia. Two of a kind. None of this producer-driven drama should have happened when a REAL drama was playing out in Phaedra's life all on it's own.

I really wish Phaedra had taken a year off from this show to protect her children from the inevitable bullying which will come one day when they are older and these shows are still repeating on Bravo.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Kandi knows a lot more about the cheating scandal - then she has lead on. Todd must have told her what Apollo had shared with him regarding Mr. Chocolate.

Phaedra, the innocent victim??? Well, it was her choice to continue with the show and she must have known all this crap with Apollo was going to hit the fan. So, why subject her kids to all this mess - if she is truly this great mother that she brags about.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 13

On the Todd and Kandi baby/lovemaking problem, I must have missed it but..., did they ever tell the results of the fertility tests?  Or is this something we have been left to assume and they will later bring it up that MJ was right and Todd had a vasectomy?    I don't remember.

I agree with this, but Kenya would have come out looking much better if she had shown some compassion.  Plus, it undermined Kenya's issue concerning the texts that Apollo lied about.  She worked hard trying to reveal Apollo's lies, but then she is easily convinced when she hears information 3rd hand?  No bueno indeed.

I think Peter should have spilled this tea because it would have been more authentic.

Peter couldn't spill it because then Phaedra could have used the "man attacking a defenseless woman" excuse.  He played Cynthia perfectly knowing she would tattle and he could still look good.

Todd's swimmers are fine.  The doctor told them they should be having more sex.

Peter confronted Porsha in front of the group about what Kordell said so why would he pull Phaedra to the side?

Nobody in the group except probably Nene and maybe Kandi knew about Apollo going on a rampage and even if they did, Phaedra should expect the same level of courtesy she gave to them.

Demetria should've been invisible...she has no dog in this "Who's the Biggest Whore" fight and if she did jump in and join the drama she would've been accused of trying to jump in and join the drama to get her peach.  I know one blog claims Demetria was pretty much edited out of most of the scenes from here on out, so I don't expect Demetria to be seen doing much of anything for the rest of the season.

Plus, she really didn't look like she enjoyed being around these people.

• Love 1

I am just sooo over this show at this point, last night I only half paid attention to what was going on.

The only highlight of the show was Apollo's "thisclose" selfie video of him on the way to prison....going "asunder"....one more Apollo-ism for the books, LOL!!! 

Kenya's fake crying when Cynthia told her about Phaedra's "affair"....I wonder how long it took for that scene to be filmed so that Kenya could bring on those tears - did anyone notice any onions around to produce those tears??  Seriously?? 

Cynthia has really turned onto the corner of "Gossip Girl Lane" and "Backstabbing Bitch Street", hasn't she?  I don't like her anymore, at all.  She and Peter can just go and move in to a condo there now, because that is where they belong.  I hate to say this, but NeNe was 100% right in Mexico when she said Peter should stop acting like a bitch....he could give lessons on how to spread rumors.

Kandi can just go away now, with her bonnet and constant talk about sex....if she is such a "sexpert" that she can have a low-rent TV/radio show about sex, maybe she should know that some guys don't want a girl with a bonnet and a vibrator in bed with them.  I'm tired of her employees being rude to Todd and her doing nothing about it - she should tell them that her husband is off-limits - doesn't she tell them to shut up when they start talking about Mama Joyce?  Why shouldn't they give the same respect to Todd that they do to MJ??  Doesn't Kandi realize how much this all must emasculate Todd? 

I also could see how upset and frazzled Phaedra seemed, but really - did she need two HUGE bodyguards and have to leave the hotel through the service entrance?  Wasn't Apollo already "asunder" at that point?  She was all about protecting her kids, but as far as I could see, her kids weren't even with her during those scenes - just her Louis Fauxton luggage. 

I also get that she wanted to remove the "devil spirits" from her home, but isn't Phaedra's mother a reverend, or something, so why couldn't she have blessed the house?  I'm sorry, those two people she brought into her house looked like they preach on a street corner with a basket in front of them....

And, now, the "let's get together and have fun" dinner....that was one of the most set-up productions I've ever seen on a Housewives' show!!  The first thing I noticed was, as the women entered their private dining room (at least they did that....), each of them sat in what seemed like assigned seats.  It was interesting that the first group of ladies all sat on one side of the table, next to each other, actually leaving chair between some of them open, and then, as the other group came in, they did the same thing - but left seats open in the middle, for Nene and Phaedra, I'm assuming.

At least we now know why Peter walks all over Cynthia - she cannot handle face-to-face confrontations of any kind....all the "ummmms" and hemming and hawing around what she was supposed to say!!  I was half wondering if she couldn't read her cue cards, or then, for half a second, I wondered if she realized how ridiculous it all sounded and was trying to NOT directly spill anything that stupid sounding. 

Why are all these people believing Apollo all of a sudden - someone who has lied before, a convicted (multiple times) felon, someone who is such a lowdown criminal??  And, why are these women believing “texts” that they haven’t even seen or read, and are only believing a third-hand, embellished story from Peter? 

Kenya's fake outrage over all of this - well, girl - don't be dusting any shelves for an Emmy or Oscar anytime soon - it ain't happening....

And, just for the record, I have reached my lifetime word quotient for the word "whore" - if I never hear it again, I'm good....did Andy do a "whore-count" last night on WWHL?  The word must have been said about 1,000 times!!! 

Anytime that NeNe becomes the voice of reason and sounds actually compassionate and logical you know that this is all ridiculous....

• Love 7

Kandi can just go away now, with her bonnet and constant talk about sex....if she is such a "sexpert" that she can have a low-rent TV/radio show about sex, maybe she should know that some guys don't want a girl with a bonnet and a vibrator in bed with them.

This fiasco of a marriage she is parading around isn't doing her brand any favors. If the queen of bedroom talk and Bedroom Kandi cannot get her man interested in having sex more than once a week..... she ain't doing something right.

• Love 4
(edited)

Demetria was like, "Later for these heifers."

Cynthia looked a hot mess.  It looked like there were two insects covering Cynthia's eyes.

BTW, how come Kenya believed Apollo's texts when Apollo was the one who lied about Kenya being a whore?  If Apollo lied on Kenya, what makes her think he wouldn't lie on Phaedra?  

Todd and the bonnet.  He's ignorant.  Many black women wear bonnets on their heads, so fucking what?   If he wants to be with a black woman, he better learn to deal, or maybe he doesn't want to be with a black woman at all.  There is that.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

BTW, how come Kenya believed Apollo's texts when Apollo was the one who lied about Kenya being a whore?  If Apollo lied on Kenya, what makes her think he wouldn't lie on Phaedra?

I posted a video link in the Andy/WWHL thread where that very question is asked of Kenya.

I have tried so hard to keep watching this show but when someone makes my blood pressure go up it is time to quit again.

I wanted to just reach in the TV and beat Cynthia to a pulp. She is ridiculous. They are all ridiculous but she takes the cake. Shit stirring ugly asshole.

• Love 7