Type keyword(s) to search

Worst of Friends: Your Least Favorite Moments

Madness

The one where everyone is late is also one of my least favorite moments, but that's actually because I sympathized with Ross.  They all know this is a huge deal to him, it's not a last minute thing that it's happening, and the only person who made an effort to be ready on time was Phoebe.  Should he have tossed Rachel's shoes at her?  Not at all, but I do understand why he was so upset at everyone.  And to be honest, it actually strikes me as a bit out of character that Rachel would put off deciding what to wear until the last minute - she could be flighty about a lot of things, but I really doubt she wouldn't have gone shopping to buy a new outfit for the event.  

I also prefer Ross when he's not with Rachel (and actually, not coupled up with anyone).  I actually really hate what they did to his character, because while Ross could always annoy me, David Schwimmer is a very good comedic actor with some fantastic timing, and the longer the show went on, the less he got to show it off.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 12

The more I think about it, the more i don't get why he wanted anyone but Rachel there anyway.  it's not like the others really had any interest in what he did (in fact, none of them really seemed to care what any of them did), and he knew that and understood it.  I get that it was supposed to be an honor for him, but I've never seen something like this where the honoree brings his significant other/plus one AND four other people.  It's just weird that this one time, everyone would be going to one of Ross's things - they never seemed to otherwise. 

(The only time I remember them all going to a work thing other than this is either Joey's plays, which is understandable, or Ross's Barbados thing, and that's only because they wanted to go to Barbados.)

• Love 1

The shared box of condoms in the girls' bathroom. Who DOES that???

Nobody I know.  Condoms don't do well in high-temp or high-humidity environments anyway, or at least, they didn't use to - I remember reading that that's why you shouldn't keep one in a wallet for too long, as it doesn't last against the heat from your body.  And why Ross couldn't have gone over to Chandler and Joey's and gotten one there, I don't know.  Or just run out to get some (either Richard or Ross could have done that). 

That's just another example of the writers coming up with a plot and nobody saying "Wait a minute, does this actually happen in real life?"   The plot is funny for the episode, but when you stop and think about it, it doesn't make sense in the real world, and only works in the episode it's in.

• Love 3

My issue isn't even that they were in a damp room.

It's that they were a hundred feet from where they were needed; even a person who lives alone doesn't want to traipse across their entire home to get a condom in the heat of the moment, let alone someone with a roommate. 

Not to mention sharing the box with your roommate.

And then there's having sex on the opposite side of the wall from where your brother is having sex.

• Love 10

Rewatching on Netflix and one thing I have an issue with is how Carol and Susan treat Ross after Carol gets pregnant. I doubt Ross was a horrible husband. He wasn't abusive, he was (as far as I remember) cheated on by Carol with Susan. So of course he's going to be upset about it, uncomfortable with it (I'd be uncomfortable too if I had to be around my ex and their lover that my ex cheated on me with) and not happy about it.

Plus, while I get that Carol and Susan were together, Carol and Ross were married. He wasn't a sperm donor and Susan acted a lot more entitled than I thought she should have. At best, she's a step parent. They treated Ross like a sperm donor who did them a favor and should just leave them alone.

I know Ross couldn't be there for everything but I felt so sorry for this fictional character because I felt like they took a lot away from him and was really rude about it.

I don't like Carol and Susan a lot - especially at the beginning of the series.

ICAM. I get so angry when carol and Susan attempt to only give little Ben their last names and scoffed at Ross when he objected. Susan makes my blood boil. You are very right when you say that he was treated as a sperm donor and the odd man out. I also found it interesting that Sudan was displayed also fully vested when she and carol couldn't have been together all that long.

• Love 18

My issue isn't even that they were in a damp room.

It's that they were a hundred feet from where they were needed; even a person who lives alone doesn't want to traipse across their entire home to get a condom in the heat of the moment, let alone someone with a roommate. 

Not to mention sharing the box with your roommate.

And then there's having sex on the opposite side of the wall from where your brother is having sex.

I could never understand why Ross and Rachel always stayed at Rachel's. I know that they were close with Monica, but Ross lived by himself, which, wouldn't they want some privacy?

• Love 8

I could never understand why Ross and Rachel always stayed at Rachel's. I know that they were close with Monica, but Ross lived by himself, which, wouldn't they want some privacy?

Sometimes they did. That whole episode with the Princess Leia costume, they were at Ross's apartment for the bed scenes. He's the one with that beige striped comforter.

Ross and Richard both had their own places, and Richard's was much nicer than Monica's.  Real life people would arrange not to be using the same apartment on the same nights.  Part of the problem with the early seasons is that they tried to portray the characters as realistic in many ways, but would also have them do these stupid sitcom things.

• Love 3

ICAM. I get so angry when carol and Susan attempt to only give little Ben their last names and scoffed at Ross when he objected. Susan makes my blood boil. You are very right when you say that he was treated as a sperm donor and the odd man out. I also found it interesting that Sudan was displayed also fully vested when she and carol couldn't have been together all that long.

Agreed. She had a lot of nerve for someone who was basically an adulterer. It's completely understandable Ross wouldn't like her but she should've been nicer. And custody-wise, I bet if he pushed it, he could've had shared custody of Ben. Lol, I know for the show it was better he didn't have been more often but if this were real life, he could have pushed it more.

• Love 4

I'm doing a rewatch and completely forgot about TOW all the jealously, where Ross acts like a lunatic about Rachel's co-worker Mark.  Who on earth calls their significant other at work and responds "Ross of Ross and Rachel" when asked who they are?  

I really liked Ross in the early seasons and felt they totally destroyed his character by the end of the series, but I guess I didn't realize how quickly it started.  I honestly believe that the Ross we were introduced to in the first two seasons would have acted like the complete lunatic he ended up being later on.

• Love 5

Yeah I have issues with how Carol and Susan treated Ross. I think the writers wanted a "Two Mommies is good" storyline, which is great and it was one of the only shows doing so in 1995 but it did mean Ross got treated as a sperm donor and no one really sympathised with him about that. If Carol had left him for another man who wanted to be Ben's only other parent no way everyone would expect him to be ok with it or be friends with them.

• Love 10

I've been re-watching too and I forget which episode, but it's after Chandler and Monica are engaged and they're all sitting in the coffee shop (of course) and Chandler says to Monica, "You're still the little fat girl inside, aren't you?"  Not funny and not anything that Chandler would say to Monica at that point.  Completely out of character. 

And I hate in The One With the Truth About London, when they damage the Monica/Chandler hook up with the retcon that it was Joey she intended to sleep with.  Not necessary.  I know this kind of storyline happens when a show goes on too long, but I don't like it!

• Love 6

I don't think Phoebe did well in later years, either. It always bugged me how completely dismissive she was of Chandler especially since it seemed they had a very sweet friendship in the early seasons. What's more, everyone started acting like she was seconds away from murdering all of them... at least that's the only reason I can think of for the way they would tip toe around her regarding things like her horrible art sculptures.

I really don't like Monica during Phoebe's wedding episode but then I think about how Phoebe seemed to get absolute joy out of undermining Chandler and Monica's relationship on numerous occasions and I start to feel less bad.

Ross goes back and forth for me. He is a pretty awful boyfriend and I did think it rather ironic the way he was with Emily after saying the wrong name at their wedding. Can you imagine if Rachel had done that while getting married to him? But then, that's Ross for you. "This is weird FOR ME!" I imagine it comes from being treated like the second coming by his parents for his entire life.

• Love 10

It really kinda creeps me out whenever Monica is sitting in Ross' lap. I understand siblings being close, but that's just too close for comfort. Like at the end of the eppie when Phoebe gives birth to the triplets. They look like girlfriend/boyfriend rather than brother/sister.

• Love 4

This is probably a VERY unpopular opinion, but I can't STAND to watch the scene where Monica proposes to Chandler. I love the idea of it, and I love the setup (especially the look Joey gives Chandler right before he shuts the door). But, for some reason, both of their cries sound so forced to me. It takes me out of the scene because I am suddenly painfully aware that they are actors playing these two parts. Honestly, as much as I relate to Monica (and I love CC), I didn't really like any of her crying scenes.

• Love 8

I'm doing a rewatch and completely forgot about TOW all the jealously, where Ross acts like a lunatic about Rachel's co-worker Mark.  Who on earth calls their significant other at work and responds "Ross of Ross and Rachel" when asked who they are? 

I really liked Ross in the early seasons and felt they totally destroyed his character by the end of the series, but I guess I didn't realize how quickly it started.  I honestly believe that the Ross we were introduced to in the first two seasons would have acted like the complete lunatic he ended up being later on.

Yes!!  I remember thinking that Rachel was overreacting by getting mad at Ross and saying they needed a break.  His jealously over Mark was ridiculous, she gave him no reason to think she would cheat.  And to get upset because of her working so much and even showing up one night when she specificially told him NOT to?  And HE was the one who was mad about it all?  What a dick.  And while Rachel did mention a break, it doesn't give him carte blanche to hook up with someone hours after the fight.  Ross so does not deserve Rachel.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 9

What always bothered me about Ross in terms of his breakup with Rachel is that he had pined after this woman, on and off, for ten or so years. He made a huge fuss about how she should be with him, no other guy was worthy of her, blah blah blah...but then the first instinct he has when he thinks they've broken up for good is to immediately have sex with an almost-stranger? It makes his supposed love for Rachel ring incredibly hollow.

• Love 3

I think you guys have covered most of my least favorite moments, but I just caught the end of the episode where Ross finds out that his first kiss with Rachel and Monica's first kiss ever were with each other.  All I have to say is 'ewww' (and maybe an 'ick').  That was a storyline I could have done without.  (And, for the 'Joey tries to speak French' haters--and I'm one--that episode is coming up in a few minutes).

• Love 1

Ross finds out that his first kiss with Rachel and Monica's first kiss ever were with each other.

I don't remember the episode, but I also don't understand this description.  Does it mean that Ross thought he was kissing Rachel but actually kissed Monica?

I think you guys have covered most of my least favorite moments, but I just caught the end of the episode where Ross finds out that his first kiss with Rachel and Monica's first kiss ever were with each other.  All I have to say is 'ewww' (and maybe an 'ick').  That was a storyline I could have done without.  (And, for the 'Joey tries to speak French' haters--and I'm one--that episode is coming up in a few minutes).

It always seemed like Courteney Cox was about to start cracking up during that scene. 

My least favorite moments are when Chandler is putting down Joey or making fun of him. Joey and Chandler work so well as best buds and I hate it when Chandler gets all superior. It's bad enough that Joey went from an average guy who could use and understand words like perceptive and metaphorical in season one, to basically a child.

I also never liked Phoebe and thought she very judgmental for a so called free spirit. I should like her cause I'm a fellow vegetarian and somewhat of a free spirit, but I never understood why the rest were friends with her and why she was always angry at someone about something.

• Love 3

I actually think early Phoebe (like, pre-pregnancy) was really sweet and supportive (for the most part). She was hippy dippy in a good way. But yeah, during and after her pregnancy she was just horrible. I mean, she was so cruel to Ross and especially Chandler. Everyone started walking on eggshells around her and giving into her craziness. She went from quirky to borderline insane imo.

• Love 6

The scenes that I get embarrassed just watching.  I am embarrassed for them at times. Specifically, when Rachel comes into the "going away party for Emily" in her cheerleading outfit and when Monica looks at the cleaning ladies crotch. 

Overall, Rachel is my least favorite character, so I dislike a lot of her scenes, particularly when she's coming off more entitled and bratty than usual. Emma's first birthday party, the going away party mentioned earlier, etc.

I hate all of the Joey is in Love With Rachel episodes. But perhaps the stupidest was "Rachel invents a work problem so Joey will talk to her."   Come to think of it, it's also the episode where Ross breaks into Mona's apartment to get his pastel, baby pink shirt. Hated that storyline too.

• Love 2

I hated the whole Emma storyline, to be honest. The mix-up in the hospital about the proposal, them living together but dating, then the Joey thing. Blech. I thought the writers did such an amazing, organic job with Monica and Chandler but they never got Ross/Rachel right for me.

l

It was probably because the writers were so worried about if they would get backlash from Monica and Chandler they went slow with their relationship on purpose and made it so different from Ross/Rachel.

I LOVED Monica and Chandler together. They are my favorite TV couple.

I did hate how in TOW The Proposal they brought back Richard. It kind of made me not like him, when he actually was a good guy. So I felt like it was a little out of character and I hated how Monica went there and almost considered it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was so pissed when they revealed who Emma's father was that I threw the remote at the television. I was soooo overrrr (Rachel voice) Ross and Rachel by that point. I think I had been over Ross and Rachel (as a couple) from TOW All the Jealousy on forward.  I literally BEGGED at the TV screen for Ross to marry Emily.  Season 3 Ross is horrendous. 

I loved Monica and Richard together. When they paired her with Jon Favreau, it was too soon after Selleck to enjoy them. I think I enjoyed Monica and Chandler because it happened so much later than Monica and Richard, and Matthew Perry seemed to be in a different place with his personal demons. I'm at the tail end of a Season Three binge, and in that season, Perry was very gaunt and unhealthy and Chandler reflected that. He was actually mean to everyone, especially Joey. No way would I want Season Three Chandler and Monica together. He had softened by the time they were paired up. By the time the Season Four premier rolled around, he had put weight back on and looked great. The only bad thing being that the finale of Season Three (very thin Chandler) and premier of Season Four (healthier Chandler) was the two parter at the beach, so it looks like he gained 25 pounds overnight. 

Monica, especially in the final seasons when the writers thought making her more neurotic and overbearing was good for laughs.   They also made her louder.  It reached a point where at least once or twice an episode, she'd shriek "I know, right!" like they were trying to make it her tagline.

Basically, the same thing that Roseanne did with Jackie. She turned into neurotic, loud, overbearing, unrealistic "Wacky Jackie" in later seasons. I guess ALL sitcoms think that it's funny, as the seasons wear on, to amplify the main characters most annoying habits. 

Then there was the fashion lecture thing he insisted on going on so that she wouldn't take Mark. He falls asleep, snores, she points out all the paleontology shit she's gone to and NOT embarrassed him and this is the point where he gets suuuuuper condescending about the importance of her job vs. the importance of his. I mean, I did laugh at his whole Jurassic Parka routine but I still wanted to slap him.

I especially hated his comments about how his job is so much cooler because no one ever went to see a blockbuster movie about HER profession. Now the joke falls flat because the audience can simply respond, "Hey Ross....The Devil Wears Prada."

Ugh. I'm watching the Ben Stiller episode right now. Really NOT a fan of Ben Stiller, and his Friends character was THE WORST. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 5

Another petty complaint since Barbados was mentioned, I hate that drab brown and green, half-striped, half-flowered sundress Rachel wore about as much as one can hate an item of clothing.

I ALSO hate that dress! And her hair is really lank and greasy-looking for the whole episode, too. Maybe the worst Jennifer Aniston has ever looked.

I hate everything about the Barbados episodes: Aisha Tyler switching from Joey to Ross, Phoebe switching from David to Mike, the weird sweaty ping-pong match, Monica's hair, and especially the unconvincing pairing of Joey and Rachel. I had qualms when they started the "Joey likes Rachel" storyline in season 8 and I was pleasantly surprised by how well they handled it and how nicely resolved it seemed to be. And then they brought it back for no reason except that the show was unexpectedly renewed, and maybe they wanted Matt LeBlanc to win an Emmy or something.

I hated the Phoebe pregnancy story line. It was just creepy -- she was carrying eggs fertilized by her brother's sperm.

I also hated who Phoebe ended up marrying. Mike, was it? Lisa Kudrow had zero chemistry with the actor. I never understood why she didn't end up with David the scientist (Hank Azaria); they were a believable couple.

• Love 3

I haven't viewed all the episodes yet - as I mentioned on another thread, I'm a newcomer to this show - but I've already cringed at a number of scenes and set-ups.

1.  The Rachel/Tag stuff is very unpleasant to watch.  To say that Rachel's whole THING with him was unprofessional and irresponsible, given their working relationship, would be a major understatement. Ugh, just ugh.

2.  As others have pointed out, Carol and Susan were just unbelievably nasty and dismissive with Ross, and it makes little sense.  Carol was the one who cheated on him with Susan, and left him because she wanted a same-sex partner.  Maybe I've missed an episode or two that reveals more information about his marriage to Carol, but so far I haven't seen one that paints Ross as anything but a completely innocent victim of Carol and Susan's betrayal of his trust and devotion.  They have no right to disrespect him the way they continually do.  

3.  The duck and the chicken as pets.  So wrong I don't know where to begin.  Bird poop everywhere.  GAG.  

4.  Rachel's hair.  Why is it so stringy and awful in so many episodes?  Jennifer Aniston is a gorgeous woman, why did they do this to her?  I get so tired of watching her try to keep it out of her face.

5.  Monica's personality was sweet at some times and then over the top bitchy/judgmental at others, in a way that made her appear almost psychotic, and it is so not funny.  Same with Phoebe, especially in the later episodes.  It's like the writers really didn't know what to do with these two after a certain point in the series, but turn them into unflattering caricatures.  

6.  I haven't yet caught the ep where Joey tries to learn French, and if it's as lame as most here say it is, I will probably skip it.  Joey's sweet but dumb personality is a great set-up for comedy, but it's easy to overdo it, and I've already seen a few episodes where the joke has fallen a bit flat.  Ironically, in real life Matt LeBlanc speaks French fluently, so that makes it seem even more lame to me.

7.  Ross and Rachel, Joey and Rachel, Any man and Rachel.  So far I haven't liked her character as a romantic partner with anyone, and the show would have done better to just keep her as a single career woman raising a child - which they kind of did, but not completely.  She was portrayed as funny, smart, hard-working and caring, but also rather selfish and self-centered, as well as very materialistic.  NOT good long-term r'ship or marriage material.  And I hated how she tried to undercut Ross's relationships with other women, while at the same time not really wanting to fully commit to him.

8.  Fat Monica.  What an ugly stereotype the writers turned that into.  No, no, no.  Very not funny.

9.  Mike and Phoebe.  This is not the man she should have ended up with.  David was perfect for her.  

I will probably come up with more as I continue to watch, but that's enough snarking for now, because in spite of it all, I totally love this show.  No sitcom in the history of tv has gotten everything right, and when one showcases as much laughter and great acting as Friends does,  a LOT can be forgiven.  May it be on re-runs for years to come!

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 6

The flashback episodes where Monica is fat were hilarious, however, they made such a big deal about how big she was, and when they put Courteney in the fat suit, she really wasn't THAT large.  She was overweight, but not so big that the Home Ec classes would have to make a special band uniform for her, which was a line from an early show. Or the "eat or be eaten" line that Marlo Thomas said when she got her first look at thin Monica. It was especially obvious in the episode where she dances in the living room while the closing credits roll. I always look at that and think, "She's not THAT big." 

I'm currently watching TOW Ross is Fine. Not that I liked Rachel with Joey (AT ALL)  but I was REALLY sick of Ross and Rachel's cat and mouse routine by then, and Ross' overreactions and incessant whining every time Rachel dated.  This is one of my least favorite episodes. 

• Love 1

A big part of the problem with the "Fat" Monica storyline was the cheap fat suit they used.  Every inch of her body had to be covered in clothing.  High necklines, scarves, long sleeves, full-length skirts or slacks...  When did we ever see Monica dress like that?  As an overweight girl, her character still was vivacious and fun and would not have dressed like a nun, regardless of her size.

• Love 2

I don't know about that. I can remember Monica--especially in the earlier seasons, when it was the 90s and it was sort of in fashion--wearing ankle-length skirts and turtlenecks.

I really hate when Rachel forced Chandler and Monica to go to her daughters 1st birthday part when they already made plans to go away. This is after they discovered they couldn't have children and probably wanted a weekend away to recover.

I also agree that I hated when Carol was going to use Susan's last name for her child. Ross was the father and deserved to be acknowledged, not Susan who forced her way in there.

I also hate the constant Ross and Rachel drama. I hate them as a couple and it seems like the writers always came back to it and never did anything new or interesting with the couple post season 3.

• Love 3

Ross and Rachel. It was either boring or obnoxious. Ross was funny but he became a total ass whenever he mooned over her, and I have no idea what she'd see in him. They had nothing in common and lost what little chemistry they had when they broke up. Rachel choosing Ross over a good job at the end was an idiotic way to provide some cheap closure, when I know they would never last and Rachel had far outgrown Ross in maturity. The rest of the show was enjoyable, but I ended up thinking "Run Rachel run" whenever the writers started beating that dead lobster-horse again.

• Love 6

I really wished they had ended the show with Ross moving to France to be with her. I thought it would be a great way for him to show he respected her career, and their leaving would end the group and therefore the show.

• Love 8
(edited)

I never liked Monica and Chandler's wedding; here's why: Monica agreed to a smaller wedding it is true. But she had been planning and thinking about her wedding since she was a child and had huge binders full of things she wanted. Yet she ended up with a very plain dress (I would love it but I don't believe Monica would), she didn't pay attention when they were taking wedding pictures and she wanted to rush through them so she could dish about Rachel's pregnancy, and there was nothing super wedding like such as throwing the bouquet, cutting the cake etc. It seemed like a really cookie cutter wedding.

Phoebe's wedding seemed much more romantic and Phoebe like. I always thought Monica never really got her moment because all of the attention was on Rachel. My other least favorite thing was that Joey ended up without a "win". Monica and Chandler had the careers, the kids, the house, Phoebe had Mike, Rachel had Emma and Ross and the Ralph Lauren job, Joey didn't get anything. In real life it would make sense for one of the friends to be at the same place while others are moving on, but I didn't like it. Joey should have fallen in love or got a big movie role. He had the one role when M&C got married but after that he didn't seem to have anything big.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4
(edited)

I really wished they had ended the show with Ross moving to France to be with her. I thought it would be a great way for him to show he respected her career, and their leaving would end the group and therefore the show.

The worst part of the Moving to France storyline was the way they simply dismissed the complication of Emma.  When Rachel first announced the job offer, she said "They know about our situation with Emma, they will do whatever it takes to make it work." Ross said "Oh, okay."  It was simply assumed Emma would go with Rachel.   Then in the goodbye episode, Ross moans "I can't believe I'm not going to see Rachel everyday."  How about your kid, Ross?  She's going to be on the other side of the ocean.  Remember, that's why you couldn't move to England with Emily?

Edited by Quof
  • Love 7

My other least favorite thing was that Joey ended up without a "win". Monica and Chandler had the careers, the kids, the house, Phoebe had Mike, Rachel had Emma and Ross and the Ralph Lauren job, Joey didn't get anything. In real life it would make sense for one of the friends to be at the same place while others are moving on, but I didn't like it. Joey should have fallen in love or got a big movie role. He had the one role when M&C got married but after that he didn't seem to have anything big.

They were spinning Joey off onto his own show, so he needed to remain in limbo.

• Love 2

They were spinning Joey off onto his own show, so he needed to remain in limbo.

Yeah, that was definitely on purpose. I do wish the Friends finale had actively sent Joey off to California at the end. Maybe even just him saying, "there's not much here for me now, and most of the TV roles are in L.A., so maybe I'll move..."

• Love 6
I never liked Monica and Chandler's wedding; here's why: Monica agreed to a smaller wedding it is true. But she had been planning and thinking about her wedding since she was a child and had huge binders full of things she wanted. Yet she ended up with a very plain dress (I would love it but I don't believe Monica would), she didn't pay attention when they were taking wedding pictures and she wanted to rush through them so she could dish about Rachel's pregnancy, and there was nothing super wedding like such as throwing the bouquet, cutting the cake etc. It seemed like a really cookie cutter wedding.

I totally agree with this and was annoyed that their wedding became all about Rachel.  Frankly, given the whole "you always steal my thunder" episode after the engagement, I thought it was ridiculous that the writers had Rachel take a pregnancy test that morning in Monica's apartment (you couldn't wait a few hours until after the wedding?) and just throw away the evidence in the small trash can in Monica's bathroom (if you want to keep it a secret, there is a large trash chute down the hall) where anyone could see it and then have Monica be perfectly okay with it all.  

• Love 3

The worst part of the Moving to France storyline was the way they simply dismissed the complication of Emma.  When Rachel first announced the job offer, she said "They know about our situation with Emma, they will do whatever it takes to make it work." Ross said "Oh, okay."  It was simply assumed Emma would go with Rachel.   Then in the goodbye episode, Ross moans "I can't believe I'm not going to see Rachel everyday."  How about your kid, Ross?  She's going to be on the other side of the ocean.  Remember, that's why you couldn't move to England with Emily?

Well, look at how often he saw Ben in the last few years of the show.  Definitely Father of the Year material there...

• Love 2

I'm fine with the belief he saw Ben regularly, we just didn't see it.  I don't need to see kids on tv.  But he saw Emma every single day, at times even lived with her, and was much more involved in her day to day care then he was with Ben.  Yet he didn't care that she was moving to another continent? 

One I hated was from one of the earlier seasons. I haven't watched in years, but I recall the story being Phoebe thinking a cat was her mother and the others shaming Ross for trying to get her to understand that the cat belonged to a little girl and she couldn't keep it. I believe we were supposed to side with Phoebe on this one and I just couldn't. She was too out there for me and, like a few others have m mentioned, it never made sense that she was part of this particular group.

• Love 12

I think that that terrible Pheobe story was the result of one of the writers losing her mother shortly before writing that episode and using it as grief therapy. IIRC everyone else knew it was terrible but they didn’t want to upset her, like the others in the episode. They really should have.

• Love 1

I've always hated the episode where Rachel is Mindy's maid of honor at her and Barry's wedding. They treated Rachel like crap when in the episode they were featured in before this one, when Jennifer Grey played Mindy, everyone seemed to be in a good place with Rachel leaving Barry at the alter, Mindy and Barry cheating, and Rachel and Barry cheating. And why were Monica and Richard even at the wedding? Monica wasn't in Mindy & Barry's circle of friends.

• Love 5