Type keyword(s) to search

Best of Friends: Your Favorite Moments

Madness

There are too many to list, but I think two of my favorite episodes are "The One With the Embryos" and "The One With the Prom Video".  Embryos had the hilarious quiz show with Big Fat Goalie, Ms. Chanandler Bong, and transponster (THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!!!). Prom Video had Ross with a perm ("Lookin' good, Mr. Kotter."), just how many cameras were on you?, he's her lobster, and Rachel and Ross kiss.

• Love 8

One of my favorite moments is when Monica is talking to her mother during Ben's birth, and Chandler has to take the phone and make static noises while he hugs Monica. I rooted for the two of them from way back!

• Like 1
  • Love 14

By far, my favorite moment is when Joey comes up on Chandler and Rachel eating cheesecake off the floor in the hallway, pulls a fork out of his pocket, and says, "all right! What are we having?"

• Love 17

One off the top of my head, which I still use and people still get:

"It's a moo point.... Like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter."

I think most of my favourite moments would be Joey related. Probably followed by Crazy Ross.

• Love 8

Totally agree with sncgb, as those two are also among my tops. I know it's kind of bad now because of the history but I also love the Thanksgiving episode with Brad Pitt. "Screw it. Bring on the yams!" So many great lines in that one. Usually I can't stand Phoebe but she's great in this episode. 

• Love 5

"The One with the Prom Video" was on last night (on Nick at Nite), Devils Chick!  I was so tired I couldn't stay awake to watch it all.  Sad hornz.

All of the moments you guys have mentioned were great.  There really are just too many great moments from this show.

-Monica trying to seduce Chandler in a flashback and cutting one of his toes instead.

-Crazy Ross: the sandwitch, his first reaction to Chandler/Monica.

-The incident with the jellyfish. The way Monica, Chandler and Joey tell the other was hilarious.

-Rachel's insanely long letter to Ross.

I don't know, I could write a list as long as Rachel's. I just love this show.

• Love 4
(edited)

I love drunk/drugged Ross. I particulary love the scene when he wanders into Central Perk with cotton candy after the whole sandwich incident.

Edited by Gumdrops
  • Love 6

I have so many, it's hard to even narrow it down but one of my favorites would have to be "they don't know that we know they know" or when Ross and rachel get locked out of the apartment and Ross gives the whole bird flying in and house flooding scenario.

• Love 1

Well "The One with the Embryos" clearly has to be one of the top two or three.  But in my mind it's tied neck and neck with "The One Where No One's Ready," simply for Rachel's line when Ross asks her how she could not be going to his award dinner.

Rachel: "Well, I'm not going to go.  And I think THAT will ACCOMPLISH the not going."  

I use paraphrased versions of this all the time.

Then, of course, the "commando" and the "lunging" is one of my favorite Joey moments ever.

• Love 4

Ross is generally my least favorite character, but "I got FOUR TWOS. I'm an eight!" from the spray tanning incident and his creepy glowing teeth are two of the funniest moments for me. And the leather pants in the bathroom...the powder and the lotion! "They are forming a paste!"

My favorite sweet moment has to be when Rachel walks in after she got off the plane. I cry every time.

• Love 2
(edited)

Really too many to list. Someone already mentioned moo point. Here are some others.

• 15 Yemen Road, Yemen.
  • PIVOT
  • Fine, judge all you want to, but married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice dancer,  threw a girl's wooden leg in a fire, LIVE IN A BOX!
  • Gum would be perfection!
  • Joey getting robbed and locked in the entertainment center.
  • Chandler entered a Vanilla Ice look-alike contest and WON! Ross came fourth and CRIED!
  • SEVEN! SEVEN! SEVEN!

The One Where No One's Ready was on last night and I forgot what a great one that was. Could I be wearing any more clothes? So, I'm just checkin'. So let me know, or don't, whatever. I'm breezy.

Edited by againstthewind
  • Love 9

There's a tiny little moment I love, in TOW The Proposal. When Chandler gets back to the apartment and Joey tells him Monica is gone, then he opens the door and sees her and all the candles and glances back at Joey - I LOVE the look on Joey's face in that moment. That whole scene between him and Chandler in the hall is one of my favorites, they are both so good. Helps that those two are my favorite of the Friends.

• Love 14

The entire episode of "The One Where Everyone Finds Out".  Phoebe had some great lines the entire show.  "Chandler and Monica!  Chandler and Monica!  CHANDLER AND MONICA!!  MY EYES!  MY EYES!!"  "Well hello there, Mr. Bicep!"  "Watch, learn, and don't eat my cookie."

P: "They don't know we know they know we know!"

R: "Joey, you can't tell!"

J: "Couldn't if I wanted to!"

• Love 17

One of my favorite eps is the first time we meet Christina Applegate as Rachel's sister. Everything about that episode is hilarious. She so deserves the Emmy she won for that.

Phoebe introduces herself a couple of different times: CA- "Why does she keep making that noise?"

After Chandler says and does Chandlerisms: CA- "Your leaving your baby with this guy?"

And of course the fact that she wanted Emma but didn't get her name right the whole episode.

• Love 2

Agree with most of them.

I also adore the one when Joey finds out that Chandler and Monica were away together based on the eyelash curler and the mentioning of Donald Trump, I think. His face, Chandler and Monica dragging him into her bedroom and the eyeball-searing red sweater he wears.

Also, the one with Brooke Shields when they all throw water in Joey's face. Or, wait, in Hans Ramoray's face, Drake's Evil Twin!

I actually love the one when Ross and Rachel break up the second time. "Just so you know, it's not that common, it doesn't happen to every guy, and it is a big deal!"
Chandler: I knew it!

• Love 4

The whole Ross sabbatical arc from "My - sandwich! MY - SANDWICH!" to "Come play in the fort" to Ugly-Naked-Appartment to "Get off my SISTEEEER!"

Joey hires an identical twin for a research:  "Damn it, Carl!"

All of Pheobe's weirdness, except boyfriends' stuff.
"I don't make them often, it wouldn't be fair to the other cookies", Ursula, the fire alarm beeping in the night, her 'knowledge' of future and karma "[Joey, you don't feel past life experiences because] You're brand new", ... 

I like how Rachel goes along well in Joey's apartment: she's so relaxed throwing wet paper towels, playing drums, etc. It might have been a bit OOC but it worked.

The Geller parents are a bit too embarrassing, but Dr.Green is enjoyably mean.

• Love 1

My favorite sentimental moment was during the Chandler/Phoebe Seduce-Off: "Ok, okay you win...I can't have sex with you." "And why not?" "Because I'm in love with Monica". SQUEEEEE

My favorite comedic moment would be hard to pinpoint...PIVOT certainly qualifies, along with the Armadillo/Santa battle. One of my favorites for certain is when Ross is eating the cotton candy, totally stoned, and said they sent him to the shrink "on account of my rage." lol

• Love 13

I have way too many favorite moments to list all of them. I do think my two favorite episodes in total are the One Where Everyone Finds Out - they don't know that we know they know we know, and The One With the Embryos - the game is just brilliant.

I do have lots of favorite moments and a lot of them are Ross. The PIVOT, the one where he's fine I love how he says "fajitas," when he finds out Rachel's pregnant the whole scene about the condoms is just hilarious. 

• Love 3

Fireice, I have tons of favorite moments and they almost always involve Ross. Also, I could barely stomach Courteney Cox's portrayal of Monica from Season 5 on, but she and David Schwimmer were completely believable as brother and sister from the beginning of the series to the end. Well, except for the little incident where Ross kisses the girl beneath the pile of coats and years later Monica shrieks something like "I was the pile of coats!" Ewww....

I think David Schwimmer has some of the best reactions on the show.  One of my favorite moments is the expression on his face when he might get Ugly Naked Man's apartment and Phoebe and Rachel get him away from the window by jumping around.  The look on his face when he joins in is priceless.  I also love his expression change during the revelation:  "My best friend and my sister!"  "You were worried about me!"  He's a good actor.

• Love 14

I agree. I'm not much a fan of Ross, especially in the plots that have him self sacrificing, but that's writing. David Schwimmer is extremely funny, especially in the physical stuff (the routine!).

• Love 4

Ross irritated the ever loving hell out of me most of the time, but I honestly think Schwimmer was the best actor on the show. He showed the most range imo.

• Love 12

Another one of my favorite Ross moments is when Rachel is pretending that she's sleeping with him to steal Monica's thunder and he finds out that Rachel likes the way he gives massages

"Looks like the only one that's going to be enjoying these bad boys (holds up his hands)...is me" (stands there for a sec realizing what he just said, then just walks away)

• Love 11

Piping in because I just watched a ton of my favorite episodes over the weekend (it was pouring). So many great moments. One little one that always cracks me up is in "The One With the Girl Who Hits Joey," when Chandler thinks proposing is a good solution to his fight with Monica. He says something like, "The best reason to get married is pregnancy," and Rachel does this WTF double take in the background that's just gold.

My favorite episode ever, though, is "The One Where Ross Got High." I laugh from start to end in that one. It's also one of my family's faves, and we quote the trifle bit all the time. "What's not to like? Custard, good. Jam, good. Meat, good!" Joey telling them how to act like they like the food, Ross's "What is with everyone today? It's Thanksgiving, not truth day!", the confessions and Mrs. Gellar's "That's a lot of information to get in 30 seconds," followed by, "Ross. Drugs. Divorced, again." The delivery is just great all the way through. "And Chandler. You've been Ross's friend all these years. Stuck by him through the drug problem." I just can't stop laughing.

Joey hiring a twin is also hilarious. "Pizza! We like pizza! Damn it, Carl!"

Oh, and when Joey is auditioning for the game show and practicing with Ross and Chandler. "Fear of Triscuits!" "The wheel has not been my friend tonight, Joey." Yeah, Schwimmer was great.

• Love 13

He says something like, "The best reason to get married is pregnancy," and Rachel does this WTF double take in the background that's just gold.

I also love the part where she's just sitting there with her head in her hands and goes, "Ohhhh, I can't not look at it." Out of all six main actors, I always thought JA was best with reactions. She let them come naturally and she never overdid them. I think one of the best examples of this is in TOW Ross is Fine. Schwimmer shined in that episode, but JA just took it up another level with her facial expressions and the way she said her lines in reaction to Ross's antics.

The Bamboozled scenes are great too. "Tell it to the time turtle!"

One of my favorite episodes is TOW Everyone Finds Out. So many great moments.

"They don't know that we know they know we know!"

"But what about my pinchable butt and my bulging bicep? She knows!"

"I'm really looking forward to you and me having sexual intercourse."

"Come here. I can't believe we're going to have all the sex."

"Because you're on my team. And my team always wins." "At this?!"

Those are just some of them, there are too many to list them all.

• Love 8

The entire episode of "The One Where Everyone Finds Out".  Phoebe had some great lines the entire show.  "Chandler and Monica!  Chandler and Monica!  CHANDLER AND MONICA!!  MY EYES!  MY EYES!!"  "Well hello there, Mr. Bicep!"  "Watch, learn, and don't eat my cookie."

P: "They don't know we know they know we know!"

R: "Joey, you can't tell!"

J: "Couldn't if I wanted to!"

I have been known to quote, on more than one occasion, "And now the messers become the messees."

The foreplay banter between Chandler and Phoebe was so wonderfully bizarre:

"I'm really glad we'll be having all this sex."

and

"I'm very bendy."

But for the most absurdly funny situation, I would have to say Ross lapsing into a British accent when addressing his class.  Who hasn't wanted to do that?

• Love 4

I have a fair amount of favorite moments, but the two that readily come to mind are when the group performs(?) the theme song of The Odd Couple at the start of "The One With The Dozen Lasagnas", and when they were whistling the theme of The Bridge on the River Kwai in "The One With All The Poker" while working on Rachel's job applications.

• Love 3

This hasn't been mentioned yet but I love Joey and the broken fridge and him trying to weasel money out of his friends. It was absurd but it's my favorite if only for the look on Ross's face when Joey just pushes him into the fridge with no warning and Chandler is standing there like wtf?

• Love 4

I love drunk/drugged Ross. I particulary love the scene when he wanders into Central Perk with cotton candy after the whole sandwich incident.

My favorite bit was near then end of the episode when Rachel catches Joey with the naked picture of Monica and Ross at some point shakes his bottle of tranquilzers and says, "this isn't good for my rage."

And "it tastes like feet!"

• Love 3

I especially love the way he greets Monica with this shocked "Monica!" after serenely greeting Chandler.

When Ross and Rachel have dinner with her father and he tells them that rust is like cancer to a boat and Ross says he lost a bike to that once. Rachel trying to hide her laughter is adorable.

When Joey's fridge brakes and he has to eat everything. Chandler walks in on him with food surrounding him.

"Well....you don't look good Joe."

Ross and Monica cleaning out their parents garage.

"My rock polisher!"

After Monica find out all her stuff has been destroyed she picks up something fuzzy and rubs it against her face.

"What do you think this was?"

"I think it was a mouse."

She screams, throws it across the room and rubs her face on Ross and I laugh and laugh.

and the C storyline in that episode with Phoebe doing telemarketing and getting the depressed guy.

"I don't need any toner because I'm going to kill myself."

"Is that because you're out of toner?"

"I've been working ten years at this meaningless job and no one even knows I exist."

(Phoebe warily)"Chandler?"

One of my favorite episodes of all time has to be The One with Rachel's Other Sister. The whole thing is amazing.

How Joey's lies always include a raccoon "My sisters raccoon came." "Nothing with a raccoon!"

Phoebe reading Joey's arm:Pick up grandma at the airport.

Joey: Oh man.

Amy: Wouldn't it be incredible if you guys died?

Ross: Thank you, Amy.

Ross fooling around with the fancy china after Monica asks them to please be careful. "Whoa....whoa..." almost drops it for real. "Whoa."

Rachel: You decorated dads office so now you're a decorator? Okay. I went to the zoo yesterday so now I'm a koala bear.

Chandler accidentally breaking all the plates when he grabs the diaper bag- "Well what do you know? Looks like I'll be the first one to die."

I use Joey's "Monday- one day. Tuesday- two day. Wednesday- when, huh, what day? Thursday- the third day." all the time.

• Love 2
(edited)

Chandler in the ATM vestibule. Is it vestibule? And if she offers you mangled animal carcass - you take it!  And now I'm chewing  someone else's gum!

Edited by sev
  • Love 4
(edited)
"I got FOUR TWOS. I'm an eight!"

Which reminds me of my favorite line in the entire series: "Mississippi-less-ly?"

My favorite moment, is the fight Monica and Rachel get into over Jean Claude Van Damme. Monica takes off Rachel's sock, and I can't explain it, but that was the most realistic girl fight I've ever seen. My sisters and I would have acted the same way. So funny.

Starts around 30 seconds into this scene.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 3

The bitch fight will never not be funny. Fighting over Jean-Claude is just so lulzy! I loved the way Monica wore her hair in that episode, while Phoebe was dressed in one of the fugliest jumpers I've ever seen. Poor thing was saddled with a completely WTF wardrobe for pretty much the entire series.

(edited)

The early episodes were so great. The One with the Prom Video is on right now. "How many cameras were on you?" "Looking good Mr. Kotter." "I am here, on my knees, holding up these couch cushions as a symbol of my sorrow and regret, much like they did in biblical times."

I forgot how much i loved Elliot Gould as Mr. Gellar.

Edited by againstthewind
  • Love 3
Another one of my favorite Ross moments is when Rachel is pretending that she's sleeping with him to steal Monica's thunder and he finds out that Rachel likes the way he gives massages

"Looks like the only one that's going to be enjoying these bad boys (holds up his hands)...is me" (stands there for a sec realizing what he just said, then just walks away)

That's really sweet, and I don't know if you're just being polite, but I don't think they're talking about massages at all. :)  I think Rachel is implying she likes the sexual stuff Ross can do with his hands, hence the following joke, which is Ross saying he's the only one who's going to get to enjoy that stuff from now on :)

(Chandler) says something like, "The best reason to get married is pregnancy," and Rachel does this WTF double take in the background that's just gold.

I agree!  And there's a few more like that to watch for.  Great background takes:

• Phoebe, Season 5 when everyone returns from Ross's wedding:  "London IS stupid.  STUPID."  Watch Chandler's surprised reaction.
  • I don't remember the episode, but earlier on, there's a scene where Joey comes into Monica and Rachel's apartment and sits down but his robe falls open and someone tells him to keep it closed.  Watch Phoebe's appreciative look at what he should be hiding :)
Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I love when he's wiggling his hands at Rachel while she's arguing with Monica & she stops to say "look mimey...the moment has passed. It's not gonna happen!"

My favorite moment will always be the routine. They couldn't have chosen a better song for that scene.

Oh, and speaking of songs. For some reason I love when Rachel is driving Monica's porches with Ross & they're listening to Nelly ' s "Ride Wit Me". It's just so random!

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 1

Anyone watch the marathon on TBS last night? I saw all the great episodes and promptly sat down, ordered take away and opened a bottle of wine. All in all a productive night. 

So many great episodes. My personal favorite, "The One Where Everyone Finds Out" still cracks me up to this day. "He's scared of bras! Can't work 'em!" 

• Love 1

Pretty much named my favorites, particularly (I) The One With the Embryo's-game show never stops being funny and there is actually either good acting or they are really comfortable with their roles. I love the look on Chandler's face when he says Mssss. Chanandler Bong. and (ii) The One with The Prom Video-"I was wrong that is what they use to cover Connecticut when it rains!" and "I have almost scrubbed that interview off of me" are lines I actually use.

I saw all the great episodes and promptly sat down, ordered take away and opened a bottle of wine.

Did you order the Joey Special-2 pizzas

• Love 2

Ha! I ordered Thai food. 

I was just talking about this show with a co-worker and I've decided it holds up surprisingly well. There are so many early 90's sitcoms that I just can't watch any more. Yet, this one still does it for me. 

• Love 1

One moment I just noticed was at the end of the one where Ben was born.  Monica's holding Ben, and says "I will always have gum."  If you watch Chandler in the group shot that follows (when the end credit comes up), he breaks into this huge smile.  And he does it a second or two after the shot changes, so it doesn't seem like just an ordinary reaction to Monica's line.  I know they didn't originally intend for Monica and Chandler to be together, but then you see something like that, and you really begin to wonder how early that was in the works.