Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Pie vs. Pie

The show is called Restaurant Startup, when neither guy invests I feel like I just wasted an hour of my time. They should have been able to tell this guy was too much of an "artiste" to be able to do business with them & picked the other couple who actually seemed to understand how things work.

• Love 2

I know!! During the presentations, even the bearded guy's food didn't look as good. I could tell from the way he was answering their questions that he'd fail. And the other two women had numbers, they were sure and concise, had a great logo....everything to make a successful business grow. They just needed -- and asked for -- guidance from Tim and Joe.

• Love 2

Ahhh, it's been too long since we've had "Pah Stahl" on our TV sets!  *LOL* 

I understand why J & T didn't want to go with the ladies.  They went on the wrong show, they should have gone on Shark Tank.  That's where you go when you want a mentor to help fund you, focus you and expand you.  On this show J & T want fully formed concepts and business plans.  Just add cash & go.  As soon as the ladies indicated they wanted guidance in WHAT to do, I knew they were toast. 

Nikita the artist obviously made great food, but he had to want the expansion more than the control, and he just didn't.  The girlfriend bugged me.  I couldn't figure out if she was an actual investor in the existing restaurants or just an employee/sidepiece.  They never even bothered to ask what her financial stake would be, so I concluded she was just there to exhibit nerves and horrible taste in lipstick.

(edited)

This show should be call Restaurant F**koff. Tim and Joe are not going to invest in anything. The ideas on every show are fast casual and Tim and Joe want full scale. This is a disaster

Edited by sigmarick

I just wish for once they would say, "We're choosing you because you will make better TV." It would be less frustrating if they didn't do the "choosing" part up front. Just start with the wacky artiste or whatever difficult team they end up picking for the show.

• Love 2

If the producers of this show are reading this, might we suggest some changes to the format?

1. Please stop showing the segment where the participants act like they are walking into the space for the first time and are somehow soooo happy to be there.  It's obvious that they are using the same space with two sections. The start of the show is in one section and the restaurant space is RIGHT next to it.  For anyone who's watched the show for more than 2 episodes it just gives the show a really cheesy feeling.  

2. Maybe they can switch up investors from week to week.  At this point, we can pretty much predict what either Joe or Tim will say and do.  Since they are not professional actors there are only so many expressions that they can have. Tim either looks clueless or constipated.  Joe goes from mildly conceited to extremely self-congratulatory.  He always comes across like "You're Stupid! Now let me tell you why."  It's really starting to get a little bit repetitive.

3. This show had a great initial premise which is Restaurant Startups which a lot of people are interested in.  Shark Tank is interesting because the investors are investing in a combination of the people, product and market size.  When they invest you can understand why, when they don't it's also for good obvious reasons.  On this show the reasonings seem so petty sometimes.  Example 1: Tim & Joe don't like the logo, but the owner doesn't want to change because they are attached to it, there's no back and forth, only "That guy is stubborn. He won't listen. I can't invest" Example 2: I don't care that you've only got 36 hours to prep (generally all by yourself and that it's an all new set-up where they furniture and fixtures just got brought in in the morning) the food was slow coming out and you have no cutlery on the table. OMG! What idiots!

4. Lastly, sometimes instead of focusing on some minute details that the participants are doing maybe they could add a few informative segments such as, statistics on the size of the market for hamburgers or lollipops, maybe have the interior design guy go into a little more detail about what he is doing and why somethings work or not in a restaurant.  This program would be much more interesting if it was also more informative/educational.  That was what was attractive in the beginning, now it just seems like they are trying to create fake drama like showing a shot of a collapsed souffle and then panning over to the contestant looking nervous and then panning over to Tim looking constipated and Joe shaking his head thinking "What idiots!!!! You collapsed the Souffle! And for that reason....I'm OUT!"

• Love 2

I know!! During the presentations, even the bearded guy's food didn't look as good. I could tell from the way he was answering their questions that he'd fail. And the other two women had numbers, they were sure and concise, had a great logo....everything to make a successful business grow. They just needed -- and asked for -- guidance from Tim and Joe.

Just watched this one.  All they would have to have done is help them with the concept and they would have pulled off whatever they suggested.  They had the rest down!  Good food and a desire to hire people to make the pies!  

• Love 1

So glad I came here.  Just watched my first show.  I live in the Detroit area so I was interested.  That guy was horrible.  I do agree with him on not having a Russian based logo.  YIKES, timing is not right for that.  Their second location has closed.