Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Child Star

Cranberry

I finally got around to watching this.  For an episode about the newbies, it wasn't too bad.  The storylines were resolved like an after-school special, but I guess this is what happens when you try to squeeze all their "development" into a single episode.  Hopefully, that's out of the way for the remainder of this season.  I wasn't that bothered by the acting.  I was more bothered by the blatant old-looking guy Spencer was crushing on.  Couldn't make-up have tried to hide his wrinkles? 

I forgot about the wedding already... no throw-away line about where Kurt was?  

The last 5 minutes was the worst.  The re-ignition of Sue's mission to destroy Glee Club was idiotic and made no sense, and also so unnecessary.  I thought Sue deserved the abuse she received from that little brat, and it was nice to see her on the same team as the other characters for once.  Do the writers think that Hurt Locker thing was so funny they needed to drag it out again?  

Yeah he is.

I just read an interview where he said he was 11 when glee started.

OMG I had come to say that he looked like 27. Wow.

Anyway, this was a boring pointless episode.

And I don't understand what is the obsession with Sue given that this is the last season of the show. Fuck Sue.

I didn't hate this episode, but coming as the 9th episode of a 13 episode final season? Not the best idea. It should have been the 4th or 5th episode, or at least, have some of the subplots play out much earlier (like having Spencer start pursue Alistair 2 episodes ago so we at least get to know Alistair a bit better), instead of just having the New New New Directions just in the background.

I didn't think the songs/performances were that bad. I liked Uptown Funk (mostly Jane and Roderick), and Cool Kids wasn't that bad. I doubt it was supposed to be the group's "Don't Stop", since that would be something they would have done earlier in the season...though, given how much the writing staff seemed to not care at this point, who knows? Also, why would they give the group their own "Don't Stop" if the show is on it's way out?

The only way I can justify Myron is that he is the love child of Rachel and Kurt who time-traveled back to our time.

For the most part, I like the new kids. They are mostly likeable and good performers, though Spencer leaves me cold, Myron would be ok in the smallest of doses, and Alistair...well, he never really gets development other that Spencer's SO.

And yes, we definitely needed less of Sue at this point.