Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Remember – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

This is not so much a speculation, but going by the clip in the preview with Carl approaching the upstairs bedroom(?) with a knife in his hand; I just perverse-humorously want to see him interrupt (most likely his dad) somebody getting their freak on.

*Carl barges into the room, ready to kill walker(s) - there's a gasp/scream/exclamation from the people in the room, trying to cover themselves, etc*

Carl - "Oh, uhm, shoot... sorry.  I heard some shuffle-like & moaning noises and assumed the worst.   *looks at knife*  I was just gonna stab it good, but looks like you got that covered, [Dad/whichever dude].  I'm just gonna go check on Judith, you guys just get back to making walker noises.  Bye."  *awkwardly backs away, walks out, and shuts door*   

• Love 5

I do not know, Looks like Carl was in a big can of pudding retrieval mode. Some Alexandrian has stolen his pudding and is going to enjoy it on a porch over hang. But that Alexandrian has mess with the wrong person's pudding.

Or, could be a combination of this and my guess-wish above.

"I can never look at pudding the same way ever again.  Thanks Dad!!  And oh yeah, you're gonna feel pretty stupid when you find out.  (Find out what?)  You're screwing with the wrong pudding person." 

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4
Talking Dead announced that Alanna Masterson will be on (with Denise Huth and Timothy Simons), so I guess it's safe to say Tara won't die this episode.

But Emily Kinney and Chad Coleman appeared on the Talking Dead after the episodes in which they were killed, right? I forget.

Given the name of the episode, the auditioning and the description of the gang trying to adjust to life away from the road. We could get a lot of flashback scenes. So there is no telling who will have a cameo on this episode.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 1

iRarelyWatchTV36: Carl opens the door and sees.....................speculation game.

Carl opens the door and sees. Michonne shaving Rick with her katana both naked.

Carl opens the door and sees. Abraham in the tub, Rosita feeding him fish like a dolphin.

Carl opens the door and sees. Glenn and Maggie dumping dirt and leaves on their clean bed.

Carl opens the door and sees. Daryl crying and telling Carol to make him say "You know, you know"

• Love 6

Molding into a new lifestyle proves difficult for the group.

What did Joe say? "Nothing sadder than an outdoor cat who thinks he's an indoor cat." That's our gang now, all feral cats who are going to have a tough time trying to re-adjust to a way of life they think they want to get back to. 

http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/how_to_what_is_feral_cat

A "feral" cat is a cat who has reverted in some degree to a wild state. They originate from former domestic cats who were lost or abandoned and then learned to live outdoors or in environments involving little human contact, such as warehouses, factories or abandoned buildings. In most cases, feral cats are not completely wild because they still depend on people for their food source, whether it's a caretaker who comes by once or twice a day, a dumpster outside a restaurant, garbage cans, or the like. Relatively few feral cats subsist only by hunting.

Yep, that's our gang. 

To what degree a feral cat is wild depends on several factors. Foremost, is the age of the cat. Young kittens are more capable of being socialized and successfully re-introduced to domestic life than a feral adult.

Carl. 

Another factor is what generation feral is the cat. A kitten born outdoors to a mother who was herself formerly domestic is likely to socialize easier than one born to a mother who is seventh generation feral.

Judith.

Finally, there's the wild card factor, which is the particular cat's personality.

Rick.

It's not unheard of for someone to tame an older, multi-generational feral who has been largely isolated from people, but this is the exception.

Herschel except for the multi-generational part. .

Many well-meaning people, convinced they are "saving" a feral cat by bringing him indoors, end up condemning the poor creature to a life of hiding under the bed and being in constant fear.

Grady Hospital.

But the return of them to their own territory and the providing of adequate food and shelter gives them the opportunity to live among their own, to be free and to answer to their own unique natures.

Translates to:  Alexandria isn't going to wrok out, they need to get back to Atlanta. 

• Love 5

"Many well-meaning people, convinced they are "saving" a feral cat by bringing him indoors, end up condemning the poor creature to a life of hiding under the bed and being in constant fear."

I'd say that's Daryl.

I once rescued three feral cats. They were several months old. Two of them adapted beautifully and became quite affectionate. The third one (Daryl cat) would allow me to occasionally pet him but for the most part, he lived and slept in those tiny cupboards above my fridge only came out to eat, use the litter box and skulk around the house at night.

• Love 2

iRarelyWatchTV36: Carl opens the door and sees.....................speculation game.

1) Carl opens the door and sees. Michonne shaving Rick with her katana both naked.

2) Carl opens the door and sees. Abraham in the tub, Rosita feeding him fish like a dolphin.

3) Carl opens the door and sees. Glenn and Maggie dumping dirt and leaves on their clean bed.

4) Carl opens the door and sees. Daryl crying and telling Carol to make him say "You know, you know"

1)  "Dammit Rick.  I told you my blade is sharp, but not so sharp it won't dull with repeated hacking at a tough material."

2)  "Now this is relaxing with a porpoise."

3)  "When I asked if you wanted to get really dirty, not exactly sure this was a viable option in my assumptions to such a suggestive inquiry....."

4)  "Didn't Beth say she didn't cry anymore, even before the Governor broke the prison and chased you all away?  Way to preserve her most recent memories, you big bawling baby."

• Love 1

I think comparing the group to feral dogs might be more valid than cats. Feral cats, no matter how numerous, will run away from you when threatened. Even when cornered and forced into fighting, their only goal is to frighten and harm you enough that they can sprint away. Rick's group tends to deal with threats by going into "kill" mode.

To me that says feral dog. Or even feral pig. But not feral cat.

Not to mention, cats clean themselves pretty often.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

My probably unrealistic hope for tonight is that one of CDB says something along the lines of, "You have to cut us some slack: Previous groups we've encountered have been into cannibalism, indentured servitude, rape, and eyepatch-led war."

• Love 2
(edited)

My probably unrealistic hope for tonight is that one of CDB says something along the lines of, "You have to cut us some slack: Previous groups we've encountered have been into cannibalism, indentured servitude, rape, and eyepatch-led war."

They have the questionnaire for picking up new people - they need a questionnaire for joining communities.

"Do you have a Governor?" 

"When people run out of usefulness, do you 're-purpose' them so the rest of the group doesn't go hungry?"

"When someone says no, does 'no mean no' or do you just view that as a mere suggestion towards your course of action towards their person?"

"Exactly how much are we 'expected' to do to 'earn our keep'?"

"And last, but probably not least... you're not going to make me shave or shower, are you?" 

• Love 5

They have the questionnaire for picking up new people - they need a questionnaire for joining communities.

"Do you have a Governor?" 

"When people run out of usefulness, do you 're-purpose' them so the rest of the group doesn't go hungry?"

"When someone says no, does 'no mean no' or do you just view that as a mere suggestion towards your course of action towards their person?"

"Exactly how much are we 'expected' to do to 'earn our keep'?"

"And last, but probably not least... you're not going to make me shave or shower, are you?" 

Add:

"You're not with PETA, are you?"

"You're not with CPS, are you?"

"You're not with ATF, are you?"

• Love 2
(edited)

Add:

"You're not with PETA, are you?"

"You're not with CPS, are you?"

"You're not with ATF, are you?"

"Do you people have dogs?  Good.  Nice to have a backup option when times get tough."

"Do you have baby food?  No?  That's ok, I'm sure we can find some acorns somewhere.  Maybe we can get Daryl to chew up some earthworms to make the paste for the acorn mash - if he'll share his favorite food, that is....."

• Love 3

I'm guessing the characters (as opposed to the writers)wouldn't do that. Every time they're about to meet people, someone expresses a concern that they're going to be judged. So I can't imagine they'd want to open those cans of worms, given that they end with "and we killed them all". Even though we know they were justified I think they'd be worried about being judged as "bad", too hardened to live in civilized quarters.

• Love 2

I'm guessing the characters (as opposed to the writers)wouldn't do that. Every time they're about to meet people, someone expresses a concern that they're going to be judged. So I can't imagine they'd want to open those cans of worms, given that they end with "and we killed them all". Even though we know they were justified I think they'd be worried about being judged as "bad", too hardened to live in civilized quarters.

I suppose you're right. Another option would be shading the truth a bit -- leaving out biting a guy's jugular, hacking the Termites up at the church, Santa Claus getting decapitated, etc.
  • Love 2
(edited)

If Alexandria has anything resembling a child services agency, things are gonna get ugly fast.

"Well,, I see that you still haven't lost any of your children. That's g... what? Well, then, just write down on this form the reasons behind each misplacement. More paper? Well, OK, here you g... what do you mean you need the entire notebook just for... who's 'Coral?'"

"Which of the following is a good course of action on a sunny 103 degree day?

a. Put baby in shaded carrier

b. Hide baby under manboob of enormous hammer-wielding nanny

c. Carry an umbrella or something

d. None of the above, because babies prefer to be stripped down to their diaper and carried by their neck all day while crapping acorns"

"Are you now or have you ever been affiliated with the child care policies of a certain Lori Grimes?"

I figure about 15 minutes into the episode, Rick's gonna be going full Conan on these people.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4
(edited)

I get as excited for these live chats as I do for the show. Here's a gift for being awesome.

Grxqoyq.jpg

What the hell.  We've done nothing to deserve this cruel and unusual torture.  Inflict it on the cast, but not us.

And her next line, if people still didn't quite down;  "Y'all will shut up and listen to my warbling, or I will ventilate that f'ing ceiling!"

• Love 2
(edited)

Too bad they ate all the dogs. They could have solved a spooky mystery with one.

"Ruh roh, Raryl! Ringing Reth and Rovernor!"

I'm thinking Glenn could be Fred, Maggie could be Daphne, and Eugene could be Velma.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4

You know, if this place turns out ok, they're really biting the hand that could feed them. What did Rick mean by his muttered "good thing we're here"?

Abe didn't have to be so rude.

• Love 1