Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

(edited)

Fan Expo Vancouver 2019 with Arrowverse’s Courtney Ford, Brandon Routh and Juilana Harkavy
Posted on March 3, 2019 by Vanessa Ho
https://theworldgoespop.com/2019/03/03/fan-expo-vancouver-2019-with-arrowverses-courtney-ford-brandon-routh-and-juilana-harkavy/

Routh mentioned that some of the upcoming physical comedy that Ray gets to do has been some of his favourite scenes to film since the Camelot sword fighting back in season 2.
Other things to expect when Legends of Tomorrow returns is the continued evolution of Nora Darhk, said Ford.

“Nora started in a dark place and her evolution, which you haven’t seen yet, is extraordinary to show that evolution of a human being and show that many sides of a character” she added.

Ford also shared that she initially was only supposed to be on for three episodes as she was also on Supernatural at the same time (both shows film at the same studio) but she kept on getting asked back because she was doing such an amazing job.
But initially, Nora and Ray were not intended to be each other’s love interest but the producers thought it would be fun to put together two polar opposite characters. Routh credits the episode where Ray and Nora were in Germany together as the beginnings of their relationship. “It was Courtney’s idea to beat me up in the car and we used that energy.”
Ford teased that we may see a shirtless Ray when Legends of Tomorrow returns in April.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

https://tvline.com/2019/03/15/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-spoilers-super-suits-kid-steel/

Most of the team members in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow have not worn their superhero costumes yet this season. Will we get to see them in their costumes in the second half at all? –Derrick

Yes, and then some! “Many of them will appear in their iconic costumes, others will appear in other characters’ costumes which they, err, ‘borrowed,’” teases EP Phil Klemmer. “And for a brief time, Nate/Steel with have a super-suited sidekick called Kid Steel.” Klemmer went on to say, “It’s interesting that you ask this question about supersuits because in the finale the Legends will question, ‘What makes a superhero? Why do people look up to superheroes? Is wearing a costume integral to being a superhero?’ and finally, ‘Do we need to wear our supersuits in order to save the world?'”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 3

https://tvline.com/2019/03/28/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-nobel-prize-season-12-spoilers/

Question: Anything coming up for Sara and Ava on Legends of Tomorrow? —Justin
Ausiello: Would a sexy tango interest you…?

Question: After that Desmond reveal in Legends of Tomorrow‘s midseason finale, what can we expect in the second half of Season 4? —Derrick
Ausiello: Neron — who intermittently sports the face of the soul he is bound to — will wreak muchhavoc as Season 4B rolls out, starring Monday, April 1. “Stealing souls is a form of currency down in Hell,” explains showrunner Phil Klemmer, who envisions Neron as a “disruptor” in the underworld. As Klemmer also puts it, Neron is “Elon Musk-as-demon” à la “I’m going to turn Detroit on its head by coming up with a whole new means of becoming a demon.”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I hope there’s an explanation as to why it’s a Bollywood music. Zari isn’t Indian so unless we find out that Zari has a secret love for Bollywood musicals, it’s a weird choice to develop her character.

Please. This is Legends of Tomorrow. Weird is just what they do!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Proteus said:

TV Line preview. So Nate was the Legend that was supposed to turn bad:

https://tvline.com/2019/04/01/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-sara-ava-conflict-trip-to-hell/

Wait a minute.... I'm a stodgy guy with an 80's esthetic!

Given the Smokey and the Bandit reference in the linked article, I submit that a much better version of Hell involves an extended car ride, dodging the law at every turn, only to find out that the prize at the end is a truckload of Coors.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm not sure if anyone read the above articles but this paragraph should give some insight on 4x12 whose episode description was just posted:

Things between the ladies will get especially “human-scale” on Monday, April 22, in an episode devoted to their trip to “a hellish version of IKEA,” Klemmer shares (perhaps unaware the term he just used is, you know, redundant).

“There is so much adventure and fantasy on our show, we wanted to take this sort of larger-than-life couple and challenge them by making them do something totally normal,” he elaborates. The result is “definitely a trial by fire that leaves them galvanized” as a couple.

• Love 3

TV Line May Sweeps Preview:

https://tvline.com/gallery/may-sweeps-spoilers-2019-finale-episodes-photos/#!13/egg-macguffin/

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

PRE-FINALE: April 29 delivers “the culmination of the Nate and Zari romance that we’ve been teasing,” by way of an adventure that mixes Indiana Jones with Date Night and features knowingly cartoonish Nazis, EP Phil Klemmer tells us. That hour also serves as a palette-cleansing “fake season premiere,” seeing as the Legends think they’ve dispatched with their Big Bad. (As if!) Next up, Constantine gets a lesson in “hubris upon hubris” when he comes face-to-face with his distant Celtic ancestor, King Konstentyn, at Stonehenge. From there, things go to Hell, literally, where the team’s damnation of magical baddies bites them in their collective butt. “The denizens of Hell are looking to get out and f—k up our team!” says Klemmer.

SEASON FINALE (May 20): In this season’s showdown (which features a returning villain and “one of our own sort of turning on us”), Beebo will not save the day. Rather, says Klemmer, “Our guys will have to do it on their own — and in a very public way,” setting the stage for a larger question of identity. “Sara has a line about the world wanting brand-name superheroes, and the Legends aren’t that. So it’s about them grappling with imposter syndrome. They need to decide, ‘Do we need to be like our brethren on these other shows? Because otherwise the world won’t take us seriously.'” Also look for (overdue!) closure on Zari’s quest to “fix” her world’s future.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

TV Line May Sweeps Preview:

https://tvline.com/gallery/may-sweeps-spoilers-2019-finale-episodes-photos/#!13/egg-macguffin/

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

PRE-FINALE: April 29 delivers “the culmination of the Nate and Zari romance that we’ve been teasing,” by way of an adventure that mixes Indiana Jones with Date Night and features knowingly cartoonish Nazis, EP Phil Klemmer tells us. That hour also serves as a palette-cleansing “fake season premiere,” seeing as the Legends think they’ve dispatched with their Big Bad. (As if!) Next up, Constantine gets a lesson in “hubris upon hubris” when he comes face-to-face with his distant Celtic ancestor, King Konstentyn, at Stonehenge. From there, things go to Hell, literally, where the team’s damnation of magical baddies bites them in their collective butt. “The denizens of Hell are looking to get out and f—k up our team!” says Klemmer.

SEASON FINALE (May 20): In this season’s showdown (which features a returning villain and “one of our own sort of turning on us”), Beebo will not save the day. Rather, says Klemmer, “Our guys will have to do it on their own — and in a very public way,” setting the stage for a larger question of identity. “Sara has a line about the world wanting brand-name superheroes, and the Legends aren’t that. So it’s about them grappling with imposter syndrome. They need to decide, ‘Do we need to be like our brethren on these other shows? Because otherwise the world won’t take us seriously.'” Also look for (overdue!) closure on Zari’s quest to “fix” her world’s future.

Yes Phil Klemmer I'm so excited about the Gross Forced out of nowhere Nate/Zari romance. I find Nate being with another one of his co workers so Riveting cause you know everyone's clamoring for That while You hint that Ray and Nora may not happen

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Yes Phil Klemmer I'm so excited about the Gross Forced out of nowhere Nate/Zari romance. I find Nate being with another one of his co workers so Riveting cause you know everyone's clamoring for That while You hint that Ray and Nora may not happen

Yeah, I don't know what Klemmer is thinking saying Nora is more suited for Constantine over Ray. Talk about screwing over the Ray/Nora fans. And on top of that having Zari/Nate shoved down viewers throats? Come on. Can Nate not go one season without a girlfriend? Ridiculous.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Proteus said:

Yeah, I don't know what Klemmer is thinking saying Nora is more suited for Constantine over Ray. Talk about screwing over the Ray/Nora fans. And on top of that having Zari/Nate shoved down viewers throats? Come on. Can Nate not go one season without a girlfriend? Ridiculous.

Apparently Nate cant meanwhile I guess it's awesome to him that Ray cant get a GF. Meanwhile Awesome Zari starts liking Nate after merely Pretending to be his GF once. Its freaking stupid and Forced. Nate is obviously a Pet of Klemmer.

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, jay741982 said:

That's not for the last 2 episodes though. It's for April 29th episode and the season finale airing May 20th 

Yes, there are new episodes on 5/6 ("Nip/Stuck") and 5/13 ("Terms of Service") as well.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:10 PM, Starfish35 said:

#416, the season finale, is titled “Hey, World!” (source)  The graphic seems to indicate we’ll be seeing a return of some of the season’s monsters.

2BAC8EA4-4C93-4B66-B405-5379B76163A8.jpeg

I was looking back through the thread, and ran across this.  Given what we now know, it seems like “Heyworld” is going to play a big part in the season finale.  I can’t figure out where they’re going with this though. *confused*

• Useful 1

From TV Line:

https://tvline.com/2019/04/26/the-flash-season-6-spoilers-john-diggle-jr-cast/

Question: I know work on Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 is probably in the early stages, but how different does the current roster of Legends look for next season? Are they all going to make it out of Season 4? —Derrick
Ausiello: As a matter of fact, Matt Mitovich asked showrunner Phil Klemmer if the May 20 season ender would hint at any crew changes, as is almost tradition on the ensemble series. “Oh, it will do more than hint,” the EP answered. “It will pretty much announce them.”

Edited by Proteus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Phil Klemmer spoilery interview on Nate/Zari & why he feels the pairing is a success. There's more & scoop on Ray in the link:

https://tvline.com/2019/04/28/legends-of-tomorrow-preview-season-4-nate-zari-indiana-jones-adventure-date/

“Nazis have been done so many different ways” — including within the Arrowverse — “that there’s something almost caricaturist about them as villains,” Klemmer notes. “So as opposed to accidentally doing cartoonish villains, we were like, ‘Let’s just lean into this and see how we could make that a virtue.’ Both Nate and Zari are so irreverent and kind of snarky, it was fun to put the two of them in this world where you’re like, ‘Is this real or is everybody in this story basically playing a part?'”

Assessing the budding something between Nate and Zari, Klemmer says, “We weren’t sure whether this was going to work or not” until the Bollywood episode rolled around, and there was this “incredibly sexually charged moment” as Zari fixes Nate’s tie. “When you try to force characters together it sometimes feels forced, but Tala and Nick are friends and they have this great energy.”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

Hes smoking some serious shit. There was nothing "sexually charged" about it AND IT IS FORCED. All because Nate is his pet and apparently Nate has to be "The Stud" and bang another teammate. And the Awesome Zari gets reduced to worrying about a stupid text message to The LOT Stud. Yet Ray/Nora feels more natural but he thinks Constatine is a better fit for Nora. 

• Love 4

Thanks for sharing, Proteus. Klemmer’s attitude (and blatant delusions) does not make me very optimistic about the future of this show and my continued interest in it. ☹️

Edited by Maelstrom
Clarity
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Hes smoking some serious shit. There was nothing "sexually charged" about it AND IT IS FORCED. All because Nate is his pet and apparently Nate has to be "The Stud" and bang another teammate. And the Awesome Zari gets reduced to worrying about a stupid text message to The LOT Stud. Yet Ray/Nora feels more natural but he thinks Constatine is a better fit for Nora. 

Klemmer talking down Nora/Ray but acting like Zari/Nate is not only a brilliant idea, but a success just because he and the writers like it rubs me the wrong way as well.

55 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Thanks for sharing, Proteus. Klemmer’s attitude (and blatant delusions) does not make me very optimistic about the future of this show and my continued interest in it. ☹️

My one hope is they will see how disappointed fans are with season 4 and makes moves to course correct.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Proteus said:

Klemmer talking down Nora/Ray but acting like Zari/Nate is not only a brilliant idea, but a success just because he and the writers like it rubs me the wrong way as well.

My one hope is they will see how disappointed fans are with season 4 and makes moves to course correct.

I hope so but they may be like Arrow and double down on the bad 

• Love 2
(edited)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/06/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-episode-14-clip/

Even though it seems as though the situation is rather tense, showrunner Phil Klemmer describes this episode as a  “a deep breath” before the final two episodes of the season.

“414 is kind of a bottle episode, spam in the can, trapped on the Waverider for half of the story,” Klemmer tells EW. “The last two episodes are runaway train kind of plot resolution that we really made this concerted decision that we wanted to let the Legends touch base and let the audience know where everybody is emotionally [in episodes 413 and 414] before you, again, pull the breaks and there is no stopping.”

Furthermore, in Klemmer’s mind, “Nip/Stuck” will also highlight what makes the body-hopping Neron a better villain than season 3’s Mallus, at least from a storytelling perspective.

“By the time we get into 14, everybody knows that he’s the bad guy and he’s kidnapped Constantine. The nice thing is when you have Brandon Routh [as] the mouthpiece of your season-long villain, you can have these conversations that you couldn’t do with Mallus. We can get to know who he is, what his agenda is, and why he hates us so much,” says Klemmer. “Mallus is just kind of a depersonalized season-long baddie. Neron has possessed the love of Constantine’s life and takes Nate’s best friend and sends Ray Palmer’s soul to hell. He killed Hank Heywood. He does all of these horrific things. But then we also [have] justifications for why he’s doing all of this, which is nice. The fact that we have a body jumping demon, we have a number of times to have stories. Hopefully, by the end, nobody is ever going to route for Neron, but you’re like, ‘Yeah, I know what he’s doing. I understand why he hates our guys.’

Edited by Proteus
(edited)

Caity Lotz previews next episodes:

https://tvline.com/2019/05/12/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-episode-15-caity-lotz-preview/

More at the link. Looking forward to this:

In this Monday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), “Jes [Macallan] and I tap dance,” Legends frontwoman Caity Lotz shared during a visit to TVLine’s New York office. And though Lotz is well known for her sick moves, “I am not a tap dancer,” she laments. “I did it in, like, sixth grade and I hated it.” But then again, the show Sara and Ava will put on “isn’t supposed to be great tap dancing.” So there’s that.

This actually marks the second time this season that Lotz and Macallan have been called upon to dance in a style not in the former’s repertoire. “I never do dancing I’m good at! I don’t do tango, I don’t do tap….. They’ll probably have me do ballet next,” Lotz laughs. “But if it was like a hip-hop dance, I’d be like, ‘Step aside….'”

This is interesting:

Lastly, Lotz confirms that which Legends EP Phil Klemmer revealed during May Sweeps Preview — that the finale will not just hint but practically announce a change for the Waverider crew ahead of Season 5.

“There will be one thing, with one person where you’ll go, ‘Wait, what?” she teases. “What’s going to happen??”

Edited by Proteus
4 hours ago, Proteus said:

Lastly, Lotz confirms that which Legends EP Phil Klemmer revealed during May Sweeps Preview — that the finale will not just hint but practically announce a change for the Waverider crew ahead of Season 5.

“There will be one thing, with one person where you’ll go, ‘Wait, what?” she teases. “What’s going to happen??”

Edited 4 hours ago by Proteus

Recently, I’ve disagreed with the writers about which parts of the show are interesting and exciting. So with the way the second half of season four is going, I’m actually dreading this reveal.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Recently, I’ve disagreed with the writers about which parts of the show are interesting and exciting. So with the way the second half of season four is going, I’m actually dreading this reveal.

Same. I know it won't be Mona leaving the Waverider (or Mona not joining the Waverider). I'm sure Sara, Nate, and Zari will be just fine. Charlie wouldn't be a big reveal at all whether she leaves or not. I don't think Constantine leaving would be a "Wait, what?" moment either. 

So that leaves Ray leaving the Waverider, Rory leaving the Waverider, or Gary joining the Waverider. Or something else unexpected that I'm not thinking about but surely I wouldn't be happy about.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Klemmer previews tonight's show. I agree with some of what he's saying but the show has made so many mistakes this season and that's a problem:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/13/legends-of-tomorrow-terms-of-service-preview/

Aske if this episode’s story was inspired by how the tide changed for Legends in the past couple of years, Klemmer says, “I think that like subconsciously there is something going on. There definitely is, whatever, art imitating life. I think the Legends as a group of actors and the Legends as a writers room and the Legends as characters all have a resonance. There is a sort of camaraderie and pride that’s predicated on the punk rock ethos of not being accepted by the mainstream and having that sort of ambivalence of wanting to be accepted but then defiantly wanting to reject it.”

He continues: “For us, it was totally surprising when everybody decided they loved Beebo. When we make those kinds of decisions, there is, in the back of our minds, this notion of, ‘People are going to hate this stuff.’ You start building the armor and being like, ‘If they don’t like, they don’t get it. They’re not sophisticated enough!’ But then when people do like it, it’s so surprising because, again, we, like the Legends, never expect people to accept us. So when it happens, you maybe get a little imposter syndrome and maybe you just want to keep yourself honest. The deepest fear is that you’d become complacent and rely on the same tricks. It would be so much better for me and the writers to be rejected for being idiosyncratic or whatever true to ourselves is, but if we got rejected for doing something that was expected of us or going to the same well too often, that’s the real fear. That’s a long way of saying I think you’re onto something by suggesting that’s where our impulse comes from.”

Edited by Proteus
  • LOL 1

Well I hope they are not expecting me to accept Gary after this because he chose to be evil and mind control people. The Legends not treating him as friend is not an excuse to control them.

When others on the team went evil they were the ones being mind controlled or possessed by demons. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Same. I know it won't be Mona leaving the Waverider (or Mona not joining the Waverider). I'm sure Sara, Nate, and Zari will be just fine. Charlie wouldn't be a big reveal at all whether she leaves or not. I don't think Constantine leaving would be a "Wait, what?" moment either. 

So that leaves Ray leaving the Waverider, Rory leaving the Waverider, or Gary joining the Waverider. Or something else unexpected that I'm not thinking about but surely I wouldn't be happy about.

Tala Ashe teased this a couple of months ago. I figure this may be about Zari:

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Well I hope they are not expecting me to accept Gary after this because he chose to be evil and mind control people. The Legends not treating him as friend is not an excuse to control them.

When others on the team went evil they were the ones being mind controlled or possessed by demons

Here's the thing; I get Gary's anger. I don't mind that he's pissed at the Legends. At the end of the day, they don't respect him and he shouldn't keep taking their behaviour toward him.

But, for me, that means that he should never join the Legends. They won't treat him with respect, which is fine, but that should mean that the Legends shouldn't just accept him into their lives, especially after he joined Neron.

The most that should happen is the Legends apologizing for their behaviour, Gary apologizing for his behaviour, and both going their separate ways.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Proteus said:

‘If they don’t like, they don’t get it. They’re not sophisticated enough!

I hate it when showrunners have that type of attitude. If that’s where they’re coming from, it explains a lot.

• Love 3

From Matt’s Inside Line:

Any more scoop on the Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 finale? –Derrick
As baaaarely hinted in our May Sweeps Preview Extravaganza, the May 20 finale will deal with pick up an old, seemingly abandoned thread. “We have not forgotten about Zari’s initial quest, to correct the place where she’s from,” EP Phil Klemmer told me. “We put that on hold for a very very long time, so while we really wanted to make our finale about a fight for the present, we also wanted those stakes to be able to affect the future where Zari is from.”

At a con recently I believe Tala said that Zari would be different next year. It would be nice if some changes in the present could make Zari’s life better. But I’m a little weary about changing her character. She’s pretty great now, so I’m hoping the changes are not too drastic, and that she still remembers the Legends. 

(edited)

Klemmer teases finale & season 5:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/16/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-finale-preview/

Additionally, you can expect the finale to resolve one of the show’s long dangling stories. “We wanted to sort of pull in all of the threads of Zari’s (Tala Ashe)dystopian future,” he says. “We’ve been promising to resolve that for two years now, [and] we didn’t want to push that until season 5.”

Speaking of season 5: “Hey, World!” will also set up the show’s fifth season in a substantial way. “It’s a big kick-off [for season 5], because the consequence of meddling in 2019 present day on a public stage is that you can’t go hit the reset button,” warns Klemmer. “We all felt there needed to be a completely different aesthetic to season 5, and in the closing minutes, we sort of announce, ‘Oh, we’re done with magic and we’re doing something totally different next year.'”

Edited by Proteus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Oh, we’re done with magic and we’re doing something totally different next year.

Well thank goodness for that at least.  But considering how this season has gone, I’m very wary.  I know the show’s become known for their crazy hijinks, but I feel like they’re losing sight of the characters. They need to dial the crazy back a bit and focus more on some serious character arcs for their main characters, that don’t have to do with their love lives.

And let Sara kick some ass once in a while.  What happened to this show?  In between losing their special effects/powers budget, did they also lose their stunt coordinator budget? 🙄

(Ok, I might be a bit grumpy tonight - sorry. ☹️)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Oh, we’re done with magic and we’re doing something totally different next year.'”

Good, can they get rid of the Time Bureau too. Ava can stay but the shared focus needs to stop. Last season the TB was just a minor thorn in the Legends side, this season it seems like the show changed its name to the Time Bureau. They should be in the background and the show should go back to being about Time Traveling super heroes. They handled the wacky with the more serious stuff better last season. I don't know what happened. 

For me LOT has had the same season 4 curse that the other shows had. I hope they can get back to the show I loved in season 5. 

• Love 5

FromCW press release:

As we reach the conclusion of season four, a demon named Neron has possessed the body of Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), leaving John Constantine (Matt Ryan) to wrest Ray’s soul from the hands of Astra Logue (Olivia Swann), the “innocent girl” he failed to rescue from Hell years all those long years ago. Meanwhile, up in our world, Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) and her girlfriend Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) must deal with a magical creature-fueled paranoia. Harvesting souls via an insidious Palmer Tech app, Neron is poised to “Make Earth Hell Again.” To make matters worse, Sara’s Timeship has been turned into a Noah’s Ark for various unruly monsters and magical creatures. Oh, and Ava’s Time Bureau was taken over by an evil Fairy Godmother. To defeat Neron, the Legends realize in the end that they will have to sacrifice one of their own. But it gets way worse… In attempting to change her future, Zari Tomaz (Tala Ashe) will accidentally change not just the past she shared with Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), but fundamentally change who the Legends are in season five. Can our team go back to who they were next season? Can a reformed arsonist turned romance novelist Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), a half-werewolf named Mona Wu (Ramona Young), and a punk rocker shapeshifter named Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) stop the literal Hell that Astra unleashes on the world in the finale? And what happens when the Legends awaken the original guardians of Time (no, not the Time Masters, sillies, that was season one!) who wish to erase everything the Legends have “screwed up for the better” over the past four seasons? Based on the characters from DC, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”), Phil Klemmer (“The Tomorrow People,” “Chuck”), Grianne Godfree (“The Flash”), Keto Shimizu (“Arrow”) and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Proteus said:

In attempting to change her future, Zari Tomaz (Tala Ashe) will accidentally change not just the past she shared with Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), but fundamentally change who the Legends are in season five. 

knew they were going to use this “Zari changes her past” plot to create relationship drama. 😡 Wtf has happened to this show? Last year I couldn’t wait for the show to return in October. Now I’m perfectly fine waiting until January for season 5.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

What makes me incredibly worried about that press release is that Mona is mentioned but not Nora. I swear if Courtney Ford isn't part of season five, I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

Klemmer did say this in the TVG article posted above:

Constantine's world," Klemmer explained. "She's been through some real stuff in her life and so we want to remind her and the audience that she hasn't shed all of the burdens of being Damien Darhk's daughter and having been a vessel for a demon last season and having been in a death cult and having grown up in an insane asylum. She's still got a couple of things to work through and we've got a pretty good cliffhanger for her that sort of sets up what we might be playing next season that's not what you expect."

• Love 1
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow Boss Confirms [ Spoiler ]'s Exit, Breaks Down Crossover Tease and Season 5's Big Bad

TVLine emailed Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer about Tala Ashe’s status with the CW series, what the crossovers’ Monitor was up to during his cameo, and more. Here are his answers.

TVLINE | Has Tala Ashe left the show/series regular status? Or is the story now about Nate re-finding Zari?
Tala will be returning to the show but Zari, the character we know and love, will not be. Nate is welcome to go look for her next season, but he will not be pleased by what he finds.

TVLINE | What are we calling the group of epic sinners that Astra has rounded up? Will they be Season 5’s Big Bads, scampering through time?
At the moment in the room prior to the breaking of Season 5 we are calling the historical baddies that Astra resurrects to wreak havoc throughout history “Encores.” It’s easier to say that either aberrations or anachronisms or “mythsteries,” so that’s nice. And no, they’re not the Big Bads, they are the episodic bads. I can promise that next year’s big bad will be nothing demon-related.

TVLINE | Will Season 5 be a biiiiit more grounded/serious than the magical creatures/squirming nipples?
I sense that there is a request for more groundedness in this question, so please don’t think that you’re just getting your way when I say “yes, Season 5 will be a bit more grounded.” More history, more growing up, more legit character stuff for the Legends in Season 5. What can I say? When you start the season with a murderous unicorn at Woodstock that secretes hallucinogenic goo, you’re bound to end up someplace wacky 15 episodes later.

TVLINE | What was The Monitor from the crossovers up to there in the stands, besides inhaling popcorn? Was he “taking notice” of the Legends and their skill sets?
I would say that the Monitor was taking notice of the Legends’ lack of skill sets. And yet somehow we got invited to participate in the [“Crisis on Infinite Earths”] crossover next season. Weird.

TVLINE | What else is on your to-do list for Season 5?
Make ‘em laugh, make ‘em cry, make ‘em give us a Season 6. And we promise no more squirming nipples.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Useful 1