Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Episode 2 is called "Witch Hunt".

I hope the writers remembered that Sara was time scattered to Salem back in the S2 premiere, accused of corrupting the women in the village, was about to be hanged, and she was NOT happy about it.

Caity also mentioned doing wire stunt for this episode. The script cover page has a wand on it, maybe Cinderella's fairy godmother showed up and Sara got to fly, lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lurker22 said:

I hope the writers remembered that Sara was time scattered to Salem back in the S2 premiere, accused of corrupting the women in the village, was about to be hanged, and she was NOT happy about it.

That said, the women of Salem seemed quite happy to be ... "corrupted" by Sara.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The guy looks more like a stand in for Mick.  It would be ironic for someone to try and burn him to death.  

Especially since suspected witches were never burned in the Colonies.  That was strictly a European practice (and even there, it was only done on the Continent),  The Colonies always hanged suspected witches, just as was done in England.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Especially since suspected witches were never burned in the Colonies.  That was strictly a European practice (and even there, it was only done on the Continent),  The Colonies always hanged suspected witches, just as was done in England.

Maybe they’ve time travelled to France. Joan of Arc was burned at the stake right? My knowledge of European history is terrible.

7 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

Maybe they’ve time travelled to France. Joan of Arc was burned at the stake right? My knowledge of European history is terrible.

Except that the tweet expressly says they're supposed to be in Salem.  But you are correct about Joan of Arc.

Its weird that they got it right the first time they were in Salem. Sara was going to be hanged. 

Or maybe this is one of their screw ups. Maybe a some magical fugitive told the townspeople to burn witches instead. 

• Love 1
(edited)

https://tvline.com/2018/07/26/hawaii-five-0-season-9-spoilers-steve-danny-expendables/

Can Legends of Tomorrow fans look forward to any new romances this season? –Dee
There’s sort of “new” one — in that EP Phil Klemmer told me there is a plan to establish a romance of Constantine’s that presumably took place between the end of his eponymous NBC series and the character’s arrival in the Arrowverse. That relationship, with a man, will have had tragic overtones, and as such still haunts John.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Proteus said:

https://tvline.com/2018/07/26/hawaii-five-0-season-9-spoilers-steve-danny-expendables/

Can Legends of Tomorrow fans look forward to any new romances this season? –Dee
There’s sort of “new” one — in that EP Phil Klemmer told me there is a plan to establish a romance of Constantine’s that presumably took place between the end of his eponymous NBC series and the character’s arrival in the Arrowverse. That relationship, with a man, will have had tragic overtones, and as such still haunts John.

Just so long as it's not Gary.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, Maverick said:

The guy looks more like a stand in for Mick.  It would be ironic for someone to try and burn him to death.  

The vikings already tried to burn Mick. But the blue god spared him (through Snart's hand).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lurker22 said:

The vikings already tried to burn Mick. But the blue god spared him (through Snart's hand).

And how did Mick thank the blue god for that?  By burning him in front of the Vikings because he hates puppets!

• Love 2
On 6/20/2018 at 11:12 AM, Miss Dee said:

If this "optimistic dreamer" ends up being a love interest for Mick in the same season a "cynical bad girl" becomes the love interest for Ray: I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh. Laugh bitterly, but still.

BTW, "laugh" really looks like it's spelled wrong when you use it over and over and over.

Either way its another opportunity for the CW to pair a WOC with a white dude... Cuz apparently none of them are ever interested in MOC... At least not on-screen...  I mean iris had barry and Eddie...  Kendra had Carter and Ray..  Amaya had Nate and Hour and.. And she was chummy with Mick first a bit.. Hell even Zari only seemed to hit it off with Jonah "Half a face" Hex... I guess Jax and Wally( apparently the CW's version of  Oil and water cuz they could never manage to be around each other) weren't appealing enuff

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Either way its another opportunity for the CW to pair a WOC with a white dude... Cuz apparently none of them are ever interested in MOC... At least not on-screen...  I mean iris had barry and Eddie...  Kendra had Carter and Ray..  Amaya had Nate and Hour and.. And she was chummy with Mick first a bit.. Hell even Zari only seemed to hit it off with Jonah "Half a face" Hex... I guess Jax and Wally( apparently the CW's version of  Oil and water cuz they could never manage to be around each other) weren't appealing enuff

Wally had Jesse.

Edited by Proteus
23 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Wally had Jesse.

Not by the time he was on the waverider...she had been dumped him( by way of her dad and the breakup cube)  then he kinda kept drifting further and further into the background because apparently Barry needed to babysit a slovenly corrupt ex cop and force him and all his bad jokes, insecurities and casual mysoginy into becoming a hero.. I assume because wally wasn't good enough... A bit like Kara deciding she needed to fix Mon-el even tho she had James who, even before his suit was risking his life to save ppl... I'm guessing that kind of thing sells ads cuz I keep seeing it

• Love 2

I wonder: is this where the schism in the team starts? Nate is unhappy with decisions made about the Magical Fugitives and joins the Time Bureau because they're more in line with his sensibilities?

Or does he have to join for a mission, ends up understanding the Time Bureau and their motivations a lot better, and ends up clashing with the Legends when he goes back? It's interesting, because I wouldn't have pointed to Nate as the catalyst for the infighting, but it's an interesting turn for his character if they go that way.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I wonder: is this where the schism in the team starts? Nate is unhappy with decisions made about the Magical Fugitives and joins the Time Bureau because they're more in line with his sensibilities?

Or does he have to join for a mission, ends up understanding the Time Bureau and their motivations a lot better, and ends up clashing with the Legends when he goes back? It's interesting, because I wouldn't have pointed to Nate as the catalyst for the infighting, but it's an interesting turn for his character if they go that way.

Sounds interesting but what who would side with who... I imagine mick will follow sara's lead... But will her thinking be influenced by Ava or will this be a point of contention.... Zari would prob side with Sara... No idea what personality this new character Maisie is playing has... If it is predicated on how the time bureau wants to handle whatever is happening.. Maybe Nate and Constantine ( whatever his methods... He's usually a a hard-liner when it comes to results and vanquishing magical threats)  Ray I'm not sure but that may depend on what's going on with Nora.. But I feel whichever approach is less of a threat to her is the side hes on

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

All I've wanted for Nate is his own independent story arc that has nothing to do with romance. So I think it would be quite interesting to have him grow as a character. We know Nate grew up in entirely different circumstances than everyone else and I feel like they forgot about his more nerdy side in favour of turning him into a fratbro character. So, in that sense, I could see him relating to the Time Bureau more than anyone else on the ship. 

• Love 4
(edited)

They said Nate is going to spend more time in the real time of 2018 with his arc about his Dad, hence, leaving a free bunk on the Waverider for Constantine. So maybe he temporarily joins the Time Bureau.

Also, Tala and Maisie have both said they're going to be against Constantine and his "capture all magical fugitives" way.

Episode 3 is called "Dancing Queen". I hope we finally get to see Sara dance. Caity did post a short clip of her practising a spin (don't really know what it's called, lol) on her IG story.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 3

So will an Abba song title episode be a thing each season now? 

Dancing Oliver Queen is the first thing that popped into my head as well ;p 

It might be cool to see Nate in the time Bureau. I wonder if he's just trying to seem legit to his Dad somehow? 

• Love 2

I'd prefer Abba in this one lol but it does sound like another fun music themed episode like the Elvis one we got last season.

I think the main pairings this season are likely to be Sara/Ava, Ray/Nora and John/Gary (here's hoping).

I think they'll avoid Charlie with Nate but wouldn't rule out her and Mick maybe.

Not sure who Zari or Alaska will get paired with, if they do at all.

• Love 1
On August 3, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Miss Dee said:

I could see Zari and Mick. Anyone able and willing to spin him like a tornado when he misbehaves is likely to turn him on, eventually.

I was thinking maybe Mick/Charlie.

The Legends in a rock band:

• Love 3
On 31/7/2018 at 7:44 AM, Proteus said:

I wonder if Nate is joining the Time Bureau:

As a latent Nate fan, I was a little concerned with the spoilers about him taking off to do his own thing, and leaving a spot on the Waverider for Constantine, but I was willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. Well, this pic seals it. Nate at the Time Bureau with Ava and Gary? Sign me up! That would allow him to exist in 2018 "regularly" and interact with his father (a storyline I'm excited about) but also keep interacting with the team (as I assume Ava and Gary will too). So I'm looking forward to see how this plays out. Plus, that trio seems like it could be fun(ny) in even mundane interactions.

On 31/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, Miss Dee said:

I love that theory, but I also have to admit I'm thinking that it might be a touch too soon for the schism to fully manifest (they're filming, what, episode 3?), and that maybe Nate's predicament is more about him losing Amaya (and Wally!) and needing some time to himself. Or, and I do completely agree with you on that, maybe the Time Bureau needs an assist and he's the obvious choice because he's actually from the "present" (our present, at least) and he has the knowledge and skillset to assist them? That said, I can definitely see Nate "siding" with the Time Bureau on this subject later on, when the rift expands.

On 31/7/2018 at 5:12 PM, Lady Calypso said:

All I've wanted for Nate is his own independent story arc that has nothing to do with romance. So I think it would be quite interesting to have him grow as a character. We know Nate grew up in entirely different circumstances than everyone else and I feel like they forgot about his more nerdy side in favour of turning him into a fratbro character. So, in that sense, I could see him relating to the Time Bureau more than anyone else on the ship. 

I agree. I first started genuinely liking Nate during that episode with the moon landing and his grandfather. Nick Zano played all that emotion very well, and I also liked the other characters feeling for him (even Mick) when they saw his "father" (the younger version) at mission control. Also, Nate has always shone as a friend, not so much as a lover, and anything that keeps him away from potential love interests is a win in my book. Not to mention, we've got Tom Wilson playing his dad. I'm here for the exploration of Nate's daddy issues, is what I'm saying.

• Love 4

Legends is casting a "wolf creature". It's probably for the Alaska character. Wasn't she like a werewolf or something in her audition sides? And if this new character becomes another regular, that would make a total of 11 series regulars, unless they lose someone. The show is fast becoming Grey's Anatomy in terms of its huge cast, lol.

4 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Legends is casting a "wolf creature". It's probably for the Alaska character. Wasn't she like a werewolf or something in her audition sides? And if this new character becomes another regular, that would make a total of 11 series regulars, unless they lose someone. The show is fast becoming Grey's Anatomy in terms of its huge cast, lol.

Someone's gotta go if this character becomes a regular because this is getting ridiculous.

Im worried about how much screen time characters will be getting this season since the cast always seems to be on vacation these days.

Edited by Proteus

I'm wondering if Maisie's new character is a full time member. Also it seems like Nate is on a separate storyline with his dad and the time bureau. So we'll probably get split teams and storylines. 

Yeah, maybe this wolf character will be there when Alaska is not. I mean instread of just doing Cgi they will costume-makeup another physical actor and we'll get an Incredible Hulk kind of duality. 

I think this wolf character could be part of Alaska's backstory, as part of her tribe or something, if she really is a werewolf.

I think Charlie will become a Legend, Brandon hinted at it at one of the SDCC interviews. And I'm guessing she joins in Episode 3 because Maisie described her as a punk rocker chick.

I'm expecting lesser screentime for the characters due to the large number of cast members and new members. I noticed Caity had more vacation time last season compared to S2, and this season seems to be the same. We'll probably get episodes focused on Alaska/wolf character, Nate/his father, Charlie, Time Bureau, Constantine, Nora, Zari again (2042 spoiler), and whatever new character they add along the season.

Edited by lurker22
2 hours ago, lurker22 said:

I think this wolf character could be part of Alaska's backstory, as part of her tribe or something, if she really is a werewolf.

I think Charlie will become a Legend, Brandon hinted at it at one of the SDCC interviews. And I'm guessing she joins in Episode 3 because Maisie described her as a punk rocker chick.

I'm expecting lesser screentime for the characters due to the large number of cast members and new members. I noticed Caity had more vacation time last season compared to S2, and this season seems to be the same. We'll probably get episodes focused on Alaska/wolf character, Nate/his father, Charlie, Time Bureau, Constantine, Nora, Zari again (2042 spoiler), and whatever new character they add along the season.

This wolf creature has a series regular option for a potential season 5. I can't imagine the show having two wolves as regulars so I'm thinking what others are saying and this is just the show casting Alaskas wolf form, not additional character.

The show has always had a big cast so right now I'm just waiting before getting concerned about lesser screen time for everyone.

• Love 1

Episode 5 is called "Tagumo attacks!!!". Funny that they even have graphic artists design these script covers - I love the giant octopus grabbing the 'L' away from "Legends", lol.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 1

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2018-season-premiere-spoilers/#!12/the-virgin-gary/

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Yep, in vanquishing Mallus, the Legends did what they do best — “created a new problem,” says EP Keto Shimizu — by opening our world to hobgoblins from “a broad spectrum” of “myth, legend and fairy tale,” and now the mission is to “hunt ’em down and bag ’em up!” Alas, this new wrinkle arrives just as Sara is “finally starting to have a life” (with girlfriend Ava included), Caity Lotz notes, “and all of that gets jeopardized pretty quickly.” And though Amaya bid the team adieu in the finale, Maisie Richardson-Sellers is back as “a mythical fugitive” who will keep the Legends guessing as to whether she is friend or fiend. Similarly, now that Courtney Ford is a series regular, Nora Dahrk is poised to segue into a “complicated ally.” Lastly, with Nate parked in 2018 to tend to a “very real story” involving his dad (Back to the Future’s Tom Wilson), that frees up a bunk for Constantine. And free he will be! “He doesn’t like to wear a lot of clothing going to and from the shower…,” EP Phil Klemmer previews.

BONUS SPOILER!: A former Legend will be returning in an unexpected form to try and kill the team.

RETURN DATE: Monday, Oct. 22 at 9/8c (The CW)

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 3