Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I bet she's Sara's love interest.

I hope not.  That bit about always thinking she's the smartest person in the room doesn't make her sound like someone I'd want with Sara.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I hope not.  That bit about always thinking she's the smartest person in the room doesn't make her sound like someone I'd want with Sara.  

I'm sure she'll thaw over the course of the season. The Klemmer comment in the video posted on the previous page about Sara's love interest just makes me think it's her. Especially coupled with the small clip shown of her and Sara in the trailer.

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

I'm sure she'll thaw over the course of the season. The Klemmer comment in the video posted on the previous page about Sara's love interest just makes me think it's her. Especially coupled with the small clip shown of her and Sara in the trailer.

Ugh.  Ugh ugh ugh.  I really disliked her from that clip in the trailer - she was obnoxious - but I didn't think she was someone I was supposed to like then. Nononononononono this is not making me look forward to this season.  :(

What did PK say? I can't watch the video .

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Ugh.  Ugh ugh ugh.  I really disliked her from that clip in the trailer - she was obnoxious - but I didn't think she was someone I was supposed to like then. Nononononononono this is not making me look forward to this season.  :(

What did PK say? I can't watch the video .

He said how Sara needs someone that gets under her skin. Also, "I don't think most people are good enough for her, and so our challenge was to come up with who would Sara Lance's ideal mate be, 'cause that's a tall order. It takes a person of substance to stand up to the White Canary."

12 minutes ago, Proteus said:

He said how Sara needs someone that gets under her skin. Also, "I don't think most people are good enough for her, and so our challenge was to come up with who would Sara Lance's ideal mate be, 'cause that's a tall order. It takes a person of substance to stand up to the White Canary."

I can kind of agree with him, but not if that "standing up to" is going to translate into the arrogant smugness I saw in that clip.  I did NOT like her.  At all.  

ETA:  I'm sorry. I know I'm being irrationally grumpy about this.  I'm not having a good day (will spare you the details), and, damn it, Sara's my favorite character.  I just wanted to like whoever they put her with. *sobs* 

I think maybe I need to put the internet down and go away.  Lol.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Yeah, I think the part in the casting announcement where they were saying her past relationships haven't worked out is kind of a flashing sign saying she's going to hook up with someone on the team, and the fact that they shared a scene in a trailer that had almost no new footage seems to indicate that the smart money's on Sara.  Personally, I could see them being an interesting match, under the right circumstances. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I can kind of agree with him, but not if that "standing up to" is going to translate into the arrogant smugness I saw in that clip.  I did NOT like her.  At all.  

ETA:  I'm sorry. I know I'm being irrationally grumpy about this.  I'm not having a good day (will spare you the details), and, damn it, Sara's my favorite character.  I just wanted to like whoever they put her with. *sobs* 

Aw, I'm so sorry you're having a bad day!

I'm sure it's a case of JM's character softening up before she gets involved with Sara - if that's indeed where they're going with this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

I'm sure it's a case of JM's character softening up before she gets involved with Sara

That's what I was thinking, too.  I feel like they have the makings of sort of a Pride and Prejudice-esque thing, which I think could be fun.  

I agree that I wouldn't want to see Sara with someone who looks down on her (well, figuratively, at least).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Aw, I'm so sorry you're having a bad day!

Thanks. :)

I know I'm overreacting, and I'll try to keep quiet about it after this.  It's not fair to judge before I've even seen it.  It's just....I guess I've put too much thought into what kind of character I could see Sara with, and this wasn't it.  And I've had more than one show ruined for me by ships I can't stand.  I'd just hate for this one to be next on the list.  :( But there I go, leaping to conclusions again.  *sigh* Zipping lips (er, fingers) now.

Edited by Starfish35
8 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Sorry you're having a bad day. 

I'd just wait and see what happens if she is for Sara. All we've seen is a short clip of her so far.

4 hours ago, yellowfred said:

That's what I was thinking, too.  I feel like they have the makings of sort of a Pride and Prejudice-esque thing, which I think could be fun.  

I agree that I wouldn't want to see Sara with someone who looks down on her (well, figuratively, at least).

I think Ava will be the face of the Time Bureau since Rip may not be around a lot so I'd imagine a lot of scenes between her and Sara. I think if done right this pairing could work as well. Personally, I'm intrigued by her based on the character description.

Access Hollywood just posted their interviews from SDCC. In this interview CL says about the love interest that so far she likes how it's playing out and building. We know by this point of this interview they had 3x2 finished and were filming 3x1 (Because of AD's schedule), so I'm leaning more and more towards Ava:

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

If it is Ava, then I can see the writers going with the antagonist turned ally cliche. The passion they show in their fighting will turn into lust. 

While I do think Sara has a unique ability to get people to care about her without changing her personality or what she believes in. Everyone she meets wants to protect her even though she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself. I can see Ava learning to respect Sara by Sara's actions. And i would love it if Rip sent her because he thought she was the one person that would not fall under Sara's spell (that's why he's not there) and she ends up falling in love with Sara. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Although I don't know how being with a woman is going to show Sara's Bi. She only hooked up with women last season. She'll need to  at least show an interest in men, even if her long term love interest is a woman. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Although I don't know how being with a woman is going to show Sara's Bi. She only hooked up with women last season. She'll need to  at least show an interest in men, even if her long term love interest is a woman. 

I think the show will acknowledge and possibly do something between Sara and Snart while he's back.

• Love 2

I'm not really sure we need to have Damien Darhk yet again as a regular. It sort of feels like overkill with the character. I didn't mind him last season with the Legion of Doom but do we really need to keep treading the same ground with him and Sara again?

Ava seems okay, I could see her as a love interest for Sara but I'd also rather it was Snart, whatever version of the character we're getting this season.

Between Sara, Amaya, Zari and Ava, at least the show is addressing the gender imbalance we've previously had with the series. 

I'd rather no romance with Zari and Ray. Ray just doesn't work in romance plots as we've seen with Felicity and Kendra in the past. I am looking forward to seeing his past and brother though. Zari also needs to fleshed out first as a character before seeing her in any kind of romance to be honest.

Really hoping they get Constantine, even if it's just for one episode. I miss that guy.

Good that Mari and her sister are appearing this season as well.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, darkestboy said:

Really hoping they get Constantine, even if it's just for one episode. I miss that guy.

Maybe he could be Sara's romance so the could do the "I'm shagging a (kind of) lesbian." from the comics.

I'm just going to wait and see on the romantic front. So far, I have not enjoyed any of the official romantic pairings. But that being said, it would be nice for them to have a couple that actually makes me want to root for them.

But seriously, what happened to Nick Zano over the break?? He no longer has a neck !?!

Haven't really been following the spoilers, but looking fwd to next season! That trailer had so much of why I love LoT!!

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Maybe he could be Sara's romance so the could do the "I'm shagging a (kind of) lesbian." from the comics.

Constantine in the comics is bi, so I doubt he'd be as biphobic as to incorrectly label a bisexual woman some degree of lesbian as some here feel the need to do.

This site posted their interviews with PK and the cast. Some new info:

http://legendsoftomorrowpodcast.com/episodes/legends-sdcc-2017-interview-phil-klemmer/

PK talks about AD's limited status this year. Sounds like it was his choice. PK says he'll at least be in a handful of episodes and it's the same situation with Wentworth Miller.

PK previews the first seven episodes as well. Sounds like one of the first seven will be a good Rip episode.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GreatAtBoats said:

Constantine in the comics is bi, so I doubt he'd be as biphobic as to incorrectly label a bisexual woman some degree of lesbian as some here feel the need to do.

Constantine in the comics is also kind of an asshole.  He'd label anyone as anything to get an advantage or just get a rise out of them.

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

What happened in the comics?

I don't recall the full context but there's a line of dialogue:

"I'm shagging a lesbian.  Do I win a prize?"

• Love 1
6 hours ago, johntfs said:

Constantine in the comics is also kind of an asshole.  He'd label anyone as anything to get an advantage or just get a rise out of them.

I don't recall the full context but there's a line of dialogue:

"I'm shagging a lesbian.  Do I win a prize?"

I'd rather they not use that line, even if it is comics canon because it is a genuinely awful line and the outcry they'd get would make the 100 stuff seem like minor fan grumbling. Plus Sara isn't a lesbian so he would be factually incorrect as well. I really hope they get him though, especially if they acknowledge his bisexuality. Sara didn't have a chance to talk with him (or practically anyone else) in S4 of Arrow. But MR is a very busy man.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Sakura12 said:

Well they could have her meet up and flirt with a version of Snart/hook up with a 1 episode man or just talk about her previous history with Oliver and other men (she's mentioned a carjacking high school boyfriend before).

Not looking forward to a Ray romance plot since BR is not usually at his best in them, although I liked the small scene flirting with Lily Stein last season. I guess a less stalkery/crazy eyes Ray would work with a hacktivist genius that isn't in love with someone else. I did wonder what the writers had planned for a potential Ray spin off in terms of family/ love interests so it will be interesting to see his past and maybe brother. Knowing these writers one of his LI's would have been Jean Loring sister/cousin of his tragically murdered fiancée Anna Loring who we saw for 5 seconds in S1.

I liked DD last season but I'm not a big fan of him returning as a regular. He was wearing out his welcome a lot on Arrow by the end of S4. Lets hope he's not the only player in town (Time Bureau being antagonists not villains).

Looking forward to Kuasa and Mari and Amaya dealing with that and not just her romance with Nate.

Edited by Featherhat
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Knowing these writers one of his LI's would have been Jean Loring sister/cousin of his tragically murdered fiancée Anna Loring who we saw for 5 seconds in S1.

Actually, although they never explicitly said it, it was kind of implied that Anna Loring was Jean Loring's daughter - Jean was played by Teryl Rothery, and she was also Moira Queen's friend and attorney during her trial.

• Love 2

Yeah she was likely 

50 minutes ago, marihunc said:

Actually, although they never explicitly said it, it was kind of implied that Anna Loring was Jean Loring's daughter - Jean was played by Teryl Rothery, and she was also Moira Queen's friend and attorney during her trial.

Yeah she was likely either a daughter or niece. I just thought maybe they'd have gone with some version of comics Canon and made a Jean Loring Jr, which would also satisfy these writers apparent need to create some pairings keeping it all in the family ala Sara and Laurel and Barry and Iris being foster siblings etc. The plus side is we might have gotten more Teryl Rothery.

7 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I'd rather they not use that line, even if it is comics canon because it is a genuinely awful line and the outcry they'd get would make the 100 stuff seem like minor fan grumbling

Hence the whole, "Constantine in the comics is also kind of an asshole."  As I recall it was more of thought balloon/fourth wall thing than an actual line of dialogue.  As far as "bi-phobic" stuff goes, Constantine's nature as a manipulative bastard who is (mostly) on the side of good/humanity is far more important in the comics than his sexual preference.

• Love 1
On August 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Miss Dee said:

@Proteus: Thank you for all the links!

Any other scoop on the first seven episodes? I don't dare hope there's anything substantial on Mick.

You're welcome. 

One of the first seven will visit a Victorian/Dracula type era and Rip will figure in to that episode.

Helen of Troy gets sent to 1938.

I haven't seen much about Mick.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Cheers, @Proteus - appreciate you letting me know!

At this point I'm expecting Mick to get killed 3 episodes in or something!

I'm sure Mick is not going anywhere.

Its more likely this is Steins last season. Garber says in the round table interviews that Stein wants to retire and be with his family but Jax wants to continue being a Legend so Stein agrees to go on this next mission. But they come to an agreement. I'd guess this being their final mission. If so who knows if it really will be.

Im also expecting Amaya and Nate to leave at some point, go to the 40s, and we then learn he's the other Vixens grand father.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2017 at 3:06 PM, Proteus said:

Klemmer talks about Snart's return. He says Snart will have undergone a philosophical alteration when he returns:

Ooh, could it be Snart as a Barry Allen-level good guy? I would LOVE to see how Mick reacts to that! Whatever he comes back as, I want just one Snart/Sara hookup, please.

ETA: I'm really not thrilled about Damien Dahrk being a regular. While I really like Neal McDonough (and hope against hope I'll get to see Dum-Dum Dugan in the Marvel universe again), I have a strong dislike for the character of Dahrk, and not in a "love to hate him" kind of way. As always, I'm reserving judgement on the rest of the new cast. I personally think it's getting too unwieldy, but what do I know.

However, a lot would be forgiven if the showrunners extended the olive branch of that Sara/Snart hookup. Just sayin'...  

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1

But would Sara *like* Snart as a good guy?? It has to be asked.

But you're right that the best possible version of Snart we could get right now is a goody-goody. I've said elsewhere: I want him to out-Palmer Ray Palmer. I'd be interested in both Mick's and Ray's responses to that. It might make Mick look at Ray in a new light, and Ray might finally be able to tap into the darkness within and develop that dangerous edge (you know it's buried in there; that's why all the bad boys like him).

I did not hear that about Stein in all the spoilers from SDCC! That's making me think that they're setting up Firestorm to be a recurring player in Central City. On The Flash these characters don't have to be in every single episode, whereas it's hard to explain their absence on the Waverider and therefore we get all the "we can't merge!" excuses. But between having other stuff to do in Central City and the fact Flash probably has a bigger budget, they'll be able to use Firestorm a lot more often than Legends is.

Plus these two characters are really the only two with a pressing reason to go home. Sara loves her dad but he doesn't need her and she has her own life; Ray and Nate sound estranged from their families; Amaya's relationships are all dead for centuries or on the Waverider; Mick's only sense of family is on the Waverider now that Snart's gone. But Martin has a daughter he has memories of but has barely interacted with, and Jax has a strong sense of responsibility towards his mom.

I'd be sad to have them leave Legends - no more sis/bro bonding with Sara and Jax; no more Mick schooling The Professor or singing "Day-O" with him except at crossovers; wah! - but honestly, this means no deaths; we keep the characters in another corner of the Arrowverse; Legends still gets to shake up their team; and last but not least, we have an excuse for getting Lily to show up more often. Big wins for both audiences.

• Love 4

Huh, he looks kind of like Grant Gus-

Holy shit, I have it. Barry and Iris have a baby, and Reverse Flash takes him and brings him back in time and dumps him with a criminal family....

Where's my Emmy?!

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Huh, he looks kind of like Grant Gus-

Holy shit, I have it. Barry and Iris have a baby, and Reverse Flash takes him and brings him back in time and dumps him with a criminal family....

Where's my Emmy?!

emmystatuette.jpg.86167b186d2e883259ade7d698457f55.jpg

20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I want to see Mick react to a dorky academic Snart. 

actor-wentworth-miller-is-photographed-f

I like him best older and with the salt-and-pepper hair (so basically as Cold) but great googly-moogly, is he ever pretty here. Umm...topic...topic...umm...Yes, dorky academic Snart would be acceptable to me. And you're right, he does kind of resemble Grant Gustin a bit here. Glad to see you got your much-deserved Emmy, Miss Dee! I'm glad we know now he's coming back, even if only on a recurring basis. It makes me look forward to this season much more than I would have otherwise. 

• Love 1
On 8/8/2017 at 4:24 PM, Miss Dee said:

But Martin has a daughter he has memories of but has barely interacted with, and Jax has a strong sense of responsibility towards his mom.

Martin also has a wife he supposedly loves. He actually spends way too much time away from her, even if he intends to return to shortly after he left, if that's still a possibility.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

THANK YOU! YOU LOVE ME! YOU REALLY LOVE ME!

(And if you get that without Googling: You're old.)

Crap.  In my defense, I only saw it in replays.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Deleted Mick/Amaya scene:

http://tvline.com/2017/08/11/legends-of-tomorrow-deleted-scene-mick-rory-amaya-season-2/

Scoop on next season:

As showrunner Marc Guggenheim told TVLine during our Fall Preview Q&A, “One of the things from last year that worked very well and we’re carrying forward is we’ve always really enjoyed the relationship between Amaya and Rory — the woman with animal powers who sort of controls the beast.”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 5

I'm glad they're continuing that friendship. As much as I would have supported them as a couple, I'm fine with their friendship. And it's sort of nice to see a "beauty and the beast" trope subverted with no romance.

I'll have to find somewhere to watch that video. I was curious as to where he slept too.

• Love 5