Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Someone Pick Up My Pieces

(edited)

Oh no, I didn't think you were harsh at all. As an editor, I probably should have empathized with Avery, but I just saw him as making the age-old pushy mistake with an artist type. That almost never works, so the resolution rang false to me. The more you demand, in my experience, the worse the piece gets. :)

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

deepfriedcake

I think there was more I wanted to comment on, but frankly those few moments of Deacon in the glasses sort of pushed everything else out of my brain. I had no idea I was that shallow.

You, me and whole lot of other women want Deacon (Chip) in those glasses in other scenes. No matter what the guy does, (and it's just a pair of glasses) he can't get away from being the sexy Deacon Claybourne.

I'm getting a completely different view of Luke's son, Kohlrabi. Maybe he's not all bad after all. What happened to his sister, Cilantro?

Luke doesn't want her anywhere near his kitchen because he thinks she ruins everything. (He is wrong.)

• Love 1

It will be interesting to see if Luke can handle the everyday stuff with teenage kids. (I hope the series doesn't go down that path, because it will be another story line they don't need) His kids have been at boarding school from what the beginning of them attending school. He never wanted any kids living with him and Rayna full time that's why he suggested to Maddie/Daphne how about going to boarding school??? Putting up with your kids only on holidays and summer vacations is a whole lot easier then having them hang around 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Luke never came across as a guy who wanted to be involved in his kids everyday lives. Let someone else handle the problems and only call me if the problem is really bad.

It will be interesting to see if Luke can handle the everyday stuff with teenage kids. (I hope the series doesn't go down that path, because it will be another story line they don't need) His kids have been at boarding school from what the beginning of them attending school. He never wanted any kids living with him and Rayna full time that's why he suggested to Maddie/Daphne how about going to boarding school??? Putting up with your kids only on holidays and summer vacations is a whole lot easier then having them hang around 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Luke never came across as a guy who wanted to be involved in his kids everyday lives. Let someone else handle the problems and only call me if the problem is really bad.

Don't forget that their Mother shipped them off as well.  It sounded like Colt wants to live with Luke though, not her.  The Mother probably has primary custody due to Luke's travel schedule, but at his age .Colt should be able to choose where he wants to live.

We don't know anyting about Colt's mother was she Luke's first or second wife. It will be interesting to see if Luke agrees to have Colt live with him full time.

Avery would have looked more like a pro to me if he'd described the sound he wanted and then played around with how Deacon delivered it, rather than just shutting him down out of the gate.

I thought that Avery told Deacon what sound he wanted, and then let Deacon show him some alternatives, but then when Avery tried to get him to do what Avery had asked for, Deacon kept pushing his own idea, which he had presented the minute he walked in, without having heard everything else, if I understood the scene. I thought Avery was pretty patient with Deacon, but Deacon just refused to play the part how Avery had asked, and Avery finally got fed up. There was some dialogue about how many times they'd listened to Deacon lay out the track and how could he please just do it the way they asked him to.

• Love 1
(edited)

Loved Jeff being fired by Luke - he was out-dicked.

No easy task, that.

Does that really happen? No one needs to rehearse, or at least set the spotlights, (maybe that's how Daphne was cast into the shadows!), or hook up the microphones correctly? When Rayna went into Maddie's room - the night before, yes? - and told her she was going to be singing the next night, she was all smiles. But in real life, every teenager I know would have been "MOM! I have nothing to wear! I have a zit on my chin! You can't spring this on me like this!!!!!" Hee. At the very least, what about homework?!?!

I found it hard to believe that Maddie didn't have a meltdown about making her debut at the Grand Ole Opry without a minute's rehearsal time (at least none the writers thought to mention).

... Luke's son, Kohlrabi.

Hee!

Edited by Sandman

I don't get what they're trying to do with Sadie. Her plotline with her ex moves at a glacial pace with dramatic spurts where they expect us to care way too much about a very underdeveloped story we spend so little time on between everything else.

I still don't think Layla is a great character and they've made a complete mess of her (though her songs are great for that style of country/pop and she has one of the better voices on the show) but I did feel bad for her. I definitely sympathize with the kind of person who waits around faithfully and ends up with nothing to show for it.

How does Avery have time for open mic? And how is open mic a way to write songs unless it's all improvised? Forget it. I forgot to take off my logic hat for Nashville.

Aw, Deacon really is back. I mean, season 1 Deacon. The awesome supportive uncle and friend who was fantastic when he wasn't caught up in Rayna drama. The Deacon/Will scene was crowbarred in there but I don't care.

Yay, for Rayna's threat to Pete. I think that nostril flare means we haven't seen the last of him but I hope we have because he adds NOTHING.

So yeah, as soon as they cast an attractive young guy as the doctor, I knew they would try a romantic relationship with Scarlett. But it seems like they might also be working back to Gunnar/Scarlett. In season 1 I might have cared. Maybe when I was desperate in season 2. But now? I can't be bothered to even remember who Scarlett is with at the moment. Stop spending time on this, Nashville.

I know Hayden is sidelined for the most part (I'm really missing her songs) but Juliette and Avery are still the sweetest.

Teddy is an IDIOT.