Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E01: It's Survivor Warfare

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

The guy from Boston?  Just because of his hair, I am against him.​

To say nothing of his appreciation for BAHDY AHT, and the way he uses his sister's death (homicide?) as an opener with women!

Is there a Masshole quota on reality shows?

• Love 22

The postal worker.  Oh good god keep your clothes on.  He will be the first to go on that team anyway.  He said he wanted to be remembered, he won't be.

I don't know about that. It will be a long time before I get that image of him in his little speedo underwear out of my brain. Geez, Phillip in his faded red boxers didn't look that bad.

• Love 5

To say nothing of his appreciation for BAHDY AHT, and the way he uses his sister's death (homicide?) as an opener with women!

Is there a Masshole quota on reality shows?

In fact there is and he has filled that slot for the next 6 years.  

• Love 4

It's really nice to have people who've really paid attention to the show playing. And that expertise shows up in the first tribal is the sniffing out of the baldfaced lie.

And So was so proud that she's made all her assistants cry. I've worked in retail buyer's offices, and I ran into a few demigod buyers like her. It's nice to see her taken down a peg.

All in all a good first episode.

• Love 10

It was a huge mistake for So and Joaquin and Mike and Dan to mention the "honest" or "deceive" aspects of their choice.  All of the players are already primed to focus on trigger words related to deception, so using those words is almost guaranteed to make people distrust you.  They should have come up with some other story about a choice without actually saying "honest" or "deceive".  So has already been bitten in the butt by that boneheaded decision.  I wonder if Mike or Dan will face any more serious repercussions other than some of the women on their tribe thinking that they were lying even when they were being honest.  Although, Dan already has plenty of strikes against him anyway.

• Love 3

The 50 piece puzzle was incorrectly advertised as being easier. I can't blame the white collar tribe for picking it. They were misled into thinking they could safely plod through it and not risk bleeding a bunch of time. It was sensible for them, being in the lead, to take the slow but safe route. The problem was that the 10 piece puzzle was clearly as easy or even easier than the 50 piece word scramble. What was the 5 piece puzzle...put these 5 letters in alphabetical order?

• Love 2

What was the 5 piece puzzle...put these 5 letters in alphabetical order?

No, it was take these 5 oddly shaped pieces and put them into a square. It's the kind of puzzle that's standard on IQ tests or where they're testing for spatial relationship recognition.

• Love 3
Also, that Rodney guy pulling a Jonny Fairplay with using his dead sister to gain an alliance? I guess it was smart, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I'll be honest, I was thinking for a second that Rodney talking-head segment after that scene was going to be that he just got that tattoo as a Survivor ploy and that his sister either didn't exist or was alive and well.  That damn Fairplay has kept me from trusting anyone on this show.

Though So was a pretty poor player, I'm sorry she's gone solely from an eye-candy perspective.  It's too bad how Joaquin essentially torpedoed her game --- he was totally gung-ho on the 'deceive' bag and wouldn't take no for an answer, leaving her stuck.  Then the tribe immediately picked on her for the vote since apparently voting out a physical male player is verboten.  It already seems like the White Collars are setting themselves up for an early failure a la the Brains tribe or Malcolm/Denise's tribe by taking out a clearly strong player to keep others who are notably lesser.  The fact that Shirin got NO votes despite her obvious screwup tells me her tribe are either dummies or she's a real contender to win for avoiding that obvious target.

Tyler on the White Collar tribe looks like a dead ringer for a cleaned-up preppy James Hetfield.  Interestingly, he also played a few seasons in the NFL as a placekicker.

• Love 2

Welcome back, Show!!

White Collar:  I have to say while the premise was there (to pick the deceive then lie about it) - i wouldn't have picked such a dumb lie. it didn't even sound convincing. "there's a neutral box." Survivor never does neutral, ever, they force yo to make decisions, and I think anyone would have known that, even if they weren't a fan or watched every single season. the moment So said her little spiel, I'm like. "but there would never be a neutral box." three seconds later. Shireen: "there wasn't a neutral box."

What i would have said, if they felt so compelled to lie - was say it was a choice between food, and comfort, and I figured we would rather have food, than comfort. (fire would have been too much of a "are you kidding me?"  

So also did a Jerri, a Lindsey and many others by blatantly announcing her alliance. (and I think at that moment, Max & Tyler would have moved to Shireen/Carolyn, regardless, I don't know in a tribe of 6 if i wanted to make it that obvious if I were with people who flat out lied... horridly.).

Interesting that Carolyn told Tyler about the HII. I have to wonder if that was intentional or it came out while she was ranting (that would be my huge fear. getting so mad I'd just be all "BLEWAHA!" 

I think the 50 piece puzzle would have been harder to do (under stress), but i do like how Shireen did it (separate it by colour), but i think she was panicking that Joe was like blasting through the tree puzzle. I do have to admit, for me, I would have picked the 50. I suck suck suck suck suck, at puzzles in any shape way or form, but I could have at least figured out a big one like that. 

Blue Collar:  Dumb  (scorpian eating man), Eww (walking around in a black speedo. no. NO), and Grody. (picking people up with the fact your sister was murdered. or committed suicide?). i like ... the thin girl. not the Cruella de Ville girl...  or.  the other one. the thin one (the one who did the puzzle, but tapped out for Scorpian Eating Man). 

No Collar: Joe is cool (Malcolm-esque I think). Vince is weird, and creepy. how he was questioning Jenn "wait are you into Joe now? i don't believe you but give me a a hug" squigged me out completely. I do like seeing how everything is really bleeding. Joe is laid back, but he wants things done. Carolyn wants things done, and wants to lay back. Jenn? (the one who was all #wesmellbad (teehee)), is in between. I think I could dig this tribe, but it's gonna be more action at White Collar for a while.

Overall I think they are all gonna pump the titles, but it's obvious that you need an aspect of each collar to get along in life.  You need to know when to go with the flow, when to work hard, and when to take charge. at some point that's what every single winner has had to do. ( Ethan & Vecepia comes to mind almost instantly of the first two to do this, Vee more so in my opinion, though Ethan is right there. ). I am going to be curious who will use their particular "collar" to take advantage of this point, and then know when to ease in and out of trouble.

also. Jaquian: you learn how to make fire because you're going into the jungle you stupid moron. 

• Love 3

The 50 piece puzzle was incorrectly advertised as being easier. I can't blame the white collar tribe for picking it. They were misled into thinking they could safely plod through it and not risk bleeding a bunch of time. It was sensible for them, being in the lead, to take the slow but safe route. The problem was that the 10 piece puzzle was clearly as easy or even easier than the 50 piece word scramble. What was the 5 piece puzzle...put these 5 letters in alphabetical order?

I think it technically was "easier" in that it didn't seem to really require a lot of puzzle skills - each line of words was in a different color, and the pieces seemed to break mid-letter, and the border was pretty obvious.  That said, it was A LOT of pieces, and was going to take a lot of time to first sort out, and then to assemble.  I think the 5 piece puzzle could have been harder than it looked because it was all one color with no patterns or designs, and some of the pieces looked like they could appear to fit together in a few ways.  It could take a few minutes to figure out how to put those together, but I do think it would be faster than the 50 pieces.  I think the 10 piece puzzle was the best choice, especially because they could see what they were going to have to put together rather than going in to the other two blind.  I admit, though, that this opinion is based on my own puzzle strengths and weaknesses.  I expect the view of the difficulty of the puzzles varies a lot.  

That said, I think White Collar's ego got the best of them and they thought "Of course we're going to pick the one with the most pieces."  I suspect that attitude is what's going to bring them down again and again.  

That said, I think White Collar's ego got the best of them and they thought "Of course we're going to pick the one with the most pieces."  I suspect that attitude is what's going to bring them down again and again.  

I think so too Turtle. we saw that with the Brains group two(?) seasons ago, yah? like  they can't step back and go "what's the best way to win." it's "well we're smart so we're obviously gonna do amazing." I'm hoping that Max & Carolyn can stop that. they seem pretty realistic. (same with Shireen).  but Jaquian and Tyler may not sit to well with that. 

• Love 1
It took coconut vendor less than a day to lose his kumbaya vibe and go mad stalker.

If there're any other Black Sails fans here, please tell me that from some angles he didn't look a lot like Captain Charles Vane.  I think it's the too-close rat eyes.

d8b48ef524fa014dd36f7a050ff44de9.jpg?ito

tumblr_inline_n0skapY5yA1r0jzsb.png

Not sure if this is the rule where these guys are, but in africa it's the little scorpions you need to be wary of, as they are the most venomous.  I liked how that guy ate one for no particular reason, gurged, then claimed it as a solid game move.  Newsflash dude: sometimes what doesn't kill you doesn't make you stronger,  just hurt and weakened.  You're not a klingon, you're an idiot.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 10

And So was so proud that she's made all her assistants cry. I've worked in retail buyer's offices, and I ran into a few demigod buyers like her. It's nice to see her taken down a peg.

I own a retail store and do all the buying myself. I've noticed the most arrogant buyers when I attend trade shows are always buyers for the major retailers. You can spot them from across the room with the way they dress and walk. Seriously arrogant pricks. I hate them all. I wanted to punch So when she gleefully bragged about making her assistants cry. THAT'S NOT HOW YOU TREAT ANOTHER HUMAN BEING. BITCH.

At the moment I'm liking Joe for learning how to make a fire before coming on this show (and for stepping up and not letting weirdo feather guy waste their time and energy on building a bad shelter), Carolyn for being a hawkeye and finding the Immunity Idol, and the other chick on White Collar for calling BS on So and Joaquin's story. This is how you play the game!

The first Immunity Idol...is he playing golf?

• Love 11

I forgot to mention how pleased I was to see people actually take the time to learn how to make fire. I always thought it would be a no brainer to do learn that in the months prior to going on the show. I also thought someone ought to make salt. It takes time to boil the sea water, but those people have a lot of time on their hand and a little seasoning would help a lot with their food.

• Love 7

The first half hour made me cringe. The stupid posturing at the beginning of the game, and everyone living up to their collar stereotypes was just painful to watch. However, the last hour was excellent.

I loved the addition of the choices on the Immunity Challenge. I think I would have started off with the ropes immediately, even if there were more of them than locks. I've seen way too many teams on Amazing Race undone by the needle in a haystack type challenege of having to find the right key among many locks. Even if they get the right key, the pressure/heat of the moment causes them to fail in opening a lock. While the ropes could have gotten pulled into a tighter knot, I still think the ropes would have been a better choice to begin with.

Vince feather head is creepy. I swear every time he hugged a woman, it looked like he was trying to sniff her body odor. I got the same unhinged physco vibes from him as the younger, crazier Hantz. I'm actually afraid he's going to snap just like Hantz, and end up skinning the object of his desire/scorn. Or burn his Tribe and/or the beach to the ground.

The meat-head with the tattoo for his dead sister is also creeping me out. What sane person uses that as a way to get women to trust and like him? I missed about 2 minutes of this scene due to my local newscast interrupting the show to share pictures of the snow. While snow is uncommon in northern Alabama and can result in major accidents, this interruption was completely useless. It didn't tell us anything that we hadn't already heard several times.

I'm sort of rooting for Carolyn for no other reason than she found the HII in the first episode. Russhole Hantz can definitely STFU now about finding idols without clues if he hasn't already. Of course, it looks like production is back to practically leaving them out on a silver platter on the trail to the well for the survivors to trip over. Not that we ever got away from it being that easy, but I thought it was slightly harder last season with having to dig for it. Plus, she has boobs of steel (or balls if you prefer), for not playing the HII at TC. However, there was probably unaired footage that explains why she wasn't more worried.

I wanted to like the tall bearded guy (Max?) on white collar, but he comes across as way to hipster-ish for my taste. Plus, it looked like he too was zoning out into psychosis snap time during TC. With the rain falling on his bowed head, I had flashes to android Roy's death scene in Blade Runner, and to some war movie (Apocalypse Now perhaps?).

I sort of like the oil driller, but I really hope he doesn't eat any more creepy crawlies before he needs too. The "big guy" (Tyler?) also seems OK, but he too seems a little off. It worries me that he knows Carolyn has the HII.

So ("much drama") really didn't bother me, but she and most of the women all blend together. However, I *loved* the expression of complete bewilderment and joy on Jeffypop's face during her argument with Carolyn. He didn't even have to say a word to instigate anything like he normally does. That argument was a glorious finish to the episode.

That brings us to Dan, and his bikini briefs. I was surprised to see that broadcast on Survivor, but it didn't bother me. I knew the moment they showed him wearing that, there were going to be cries of revulsion from here and the rest of the internet. However, some actually like that body type. He represents a subset of the gay community called bears, which are characterized by a more masculine appearance with body/face hair and usually a bigger build, maybe even outright fat. While his facial hair was way too bushy for my tastes, I'd rather see Dan in bikini briefs than any of the blond bimbos falling out of their skimpy two piece bikinis.

But I also have to wonder if those bikini briefs are what Dan chose to wear on Survivor. I recall lots of people claiming that Production sometimes forces people to wear certain things, like Phillip and his pink briefs. If he chose to wear them, then he's got a confidence about his body people should admire and respect. If not, then the blame and ridicule should be leveled at Production and not Dan.

Personality wise, Dan gets on my nerves. He's loud, boisterous, and argumentative, and I almost never like those types. He reminds me of Rupert as well, but Rupert never bothered me until his last appearance (the first Blood vs Water?). He's definitely trying way to hard.

Anyway, I enjoyed the premier, and thought it was more entertaining than most season premiers.

• Love 8

Also, what the heck are the odds that Survivor would find another hairdresser named Lindsay, with weird hair? If she starts making fun of someone who's older, I may yell at the TV.

Isn't that exactly what she did with Dan tonight? So, yell away!

Nah - he reminds me of Coach.  And according to his bio, he can flirt and "use his sex appeal like Parvati" - as we saw tonight :)  Clearly he tells as tall of a tale.

I was sorta waiting for him to say he was Coach's son.  It was something about his eyes, and being off the charts delusional.  The feathers certainly didn't help.  In Coach speak, he was just too TRUE.   

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode.  Welcome back Survivor!

Vince is so creepy.  He seemed shocked that his tribe wasn't all over him.  The way he looked at Joe when Joe pointed out the weaknesses of Vince's shelter plan as well as when Joe was able to untie the ropes when Vince bailed on the keys/locks was very scary.  Vince also said something like 'my powerful attraction to women' which led me to believe that he thinks he can get any woman he wants and therefore when Jenn wasn't blindly in love with him he resorted to middle school with his 'do you like him more than me' questioning.  I imagine that he has cultivated his look and demeanor to be 'mysterious' and he probably doesn't lack for female company.  He may be in for a wake up call on Survivor.  I also wonder if he might start to fall apart as his special snowflake status doesn't appear to impress anyone.

I like Mike from the blue collar tribe.  I like that he tried to make Dan feel better.  However, he may be tainted with the 'they lied' label from the barrel racer.

As for white collar-Tyler was an assistant.  There's no way he 'makes' any rules.  Plus he's unemployed.  So, he may have been a better fit for the no collar tribe.  I like him as he seemed to be thoughtful about who to vote out and as he's the one who told Carolyn that the others were talking about voting her out.  Joaquin and So?  Yeah, nobody believed you.

• Love 4

I was really, really disappointed that So didn't cry on her way out, but the look on Joaquin's smug face sort of made up for it.  Just the way he walks makes me hate him.

Boston guy and Vince are like the two worst guys women meet in bars.  One trying to impress you with a too personal story and the other one hugging you way too long. Too bad they can't have tazers on the show.

• Love 16
I imagine that he (Vince) has cultivated his look and demeanor to be 'mysterious' and he probably doesn't lack for female company. 

I hope to god this isn't true - because, if it is, I will cry for my sisters who apparently have very poor judgement.  You can see that guy coming from a mile away, and not in a good way.

Maybe someone knows bamboo and can tell me if Dan was correct.  He was saying bamboo would not hold him because it is hollow, which it is, but my understanding is that bamboo is pretty strong and it has held people in the past.  So I'm not sure what exactly he was concerned about.

Edited by sadiegirl
  • Love 5

I thought it was interesting at least some people were skeptical about the Blue team guys selecting "Honest".  It makes sense, because everyone now assumes that any piece of parchment the show hands out has a HII-Clue in it.  But if the players could've predicted that level of skepticism and paranoia, they could've chosen "Deceive".  If people aren't going to believe you anyway, you might was well get the HII-Clue.

Meh, I don't think you even need a clue anymore. Just find something weird looking and out of place (funny-shaped tree, rock in shape of giant arrow, Vince's hair) and voila, you've found the idol!
  • Love 11
I'm sort of rooting for Carolyn for no other reason than she found the HII in the first episode. Russhole Hantz can definitely STFU now about finding idols without clues if he hasn't already. Of course, it looks like production is back to practically leaving them out on a silver platter on the trail to the well for the survivors to trip over. Not that we ever got away from it being that easy, but I thought it was slightly harder last season with having to dig for it. Plus, she has boobs of steel (or balls if you prefer), for not playing the HII at TC. However, there was probably unaired footage that explains why she wasn't more worried.

It couldn't have been that easy, the two who had the clue couldn't find it. Maybe they are not as Survivor savy and didn't have a feel for the types of places it would be hidden but Carolyn knew to keep an eye on both of them, look where they were going, notice what type of places they were looking at, and then find the idol. Russell has said in interviews that he spent all of his free time looking for idols and that they were not all that easy to find. He also pointed out that if a camera man left him alone when he was searching, he knew the idol wasn't there, which saved him some time in his hunts.

I would have preferred Joaquin gone over So because he really strikes me as a total douche but I am fine with So gone. Carolyn annoys me. Her voice is kind of grating and she is kind of smug in her talking heads. I am glad that she was able to work with Taylor to vote So out but I hope she doesn't make the merge. Max is going to be interesting. His knowledge of the game should help and he has some physical skill. Oh, and Carolyn's assertion that a woman had to go first to keep the tribe strong was very, very annoying. Why? Did Joaquin do something that was massively helpful in the challenge? So did. Why is she less useful then he is? Because she is a woman with less muscle mass? Just ugggghhhhh 

Vince is as creepy and as awful as I thought he would be based on my first impressions. His dependence on Jenn from day one is ridiculous. His jealousy of Joe is palpable. He is just creepy and annoying and kind of stalker like and I don't like him. Joe is all kinds of awesome.

I do not like the mean girls on the Blue Collar team. Just awful people. Yes, Dan was being kind of a dick but it went from trying to work through it to being mean and acting like a bully. I like Mike and think he is fine but I have a feeling Dan isn't long for the game. His social skills really suck and he is totally out of shape.

• Love 6

Meh, I don't think you even need a clue anymore. Just find something weird looking and out of place (funny-shaped tree, rock in shape of giant arrow, Vince's hair) and voila, you've found the idol!

Yes and the first thing I would do is get water alone and search the well area.  There is always one there.  

I hope to god this isn't true - because, if it is, I will cry for my sisters who apparently have very poor judgement.  You can see that guy coming from a mile away, and not in a good way.

Maybe someone knows bamboo and can tell me if Dan was correct.  He was saying bamboo would not hold him because it is hollow, which it is, but my understanding is that bamboo is pretty strong and it has held people in the past.  So I'm not sure what exactly he was concerned about.

Vince is way too needy to have women attracted to him.   He admitted he was obsessed with women and recognized that as a problem!  

Bamboo is as strong as steel.   Postal worker was dead wrong.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

So far I have at least one person to like on each tribe. On the no collar team I love Joe.  Good on him for learning how to build a fire and for quickly completing the puzzle.  I kind of like Jen on that tribe too if she can escape the attentions of crazy feathered coconut guy.  On white collar I like Carolyn for having the smarts to follow So and find the idol.  I can't believe she was confident enough to not play it though!  Blue is a little more problematic.  The big guy (Mike? not the postal worker) is the best of the group, but is he the one that ate the scorpion?  Idiot.  However he is a king among idiots.  The postal worker will run his mouth right off the tribe, Boston is a mysogynist, and the women are all overly suspicious.  Too bad because I really want to root for Blue.

Was it Mike who tagged in to do the puzzle?  He had to have been studying the pieces as Joe completed their puzzle so he could whip through it quickly.  Smart thinking.  (Eating a scorpion?  Not such smart thinking.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

I'm really excited about this season! The last time they did a 3-group division (BBB) I really enjoyed it, and I already have the same feeling about this season. Even though the divisions are kind of silly and not always accurate depictions of the people they pick for the teams, it still ends up being pretty interesting. I also liked how during the IC they gave options for the tasks, so you could try and pick something better suited to your skill set. I hope they keep that up. 

So far I like someone from every tribe, so I'm not strongly rooting for one group or another. 

On the No Collar tribe I really like Joe. Not only does seem nice and laid back around camp, but he's already kicking ass at challenges. He made up so much time when he stepped in on the knots, and then he saved them with the puzzle as well. AND he made fire without flint! Definitely an early contender. Vince on the other hand is a total creeper. And I'm just waiting on Will to make some sammiches ala the kid from Bad Santa. 

On the Blue Collar team I kind of like Mike. He seems like he has a very good attitude and is able to get along with everyone. I felt badly that he and Dan DID do the honest thing with the beans and no one believed them anyway. And Mike also did a great job with his puzzle, which really saved his ass since he flubbed the knots earlier. But he seems to be able to keep a level head, which will bode well for him. Dan.....Dan, Dan, Dan. He seems a little loud and brash, but for some reason I can't hate on him just yet. I didn't like that the girls and Rodney were so quick to form an opinion of him and weren't really willing to forgive him when he was clearly trying to let things go and start over. And Rodey - I do NOT like him! Between saying the girls all just want a leader out there, and then using the story about his sister to manipulate them, he can just go fall face first into a fire any time now. 

On White Collar, I kind of like Max. He seems smart and like he's really analyzing everything carefully. I'm not entirely sure yet, but he may be one to root for. And I like Carolyn. I liked when she said she knew Joaquin and So were lying, but so what? It's a game and she can't be mad at them. But damn if she didn't go ahead and snipe their II before they found it! That was awesome. Then she turned the tribe around on So and didn't even have to USE her II. Well played. 

Overall, very good opener and I am totally in with this season. 

edited: because it's early and I'm still not great with names. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10

CreepheadWhitefeather was off the charts for a first episode. Was it the staring? It looks like he's trying to devour your soul. And those feathers are going to get diiiiiiirty. LOL.

Speaking of dirty hair, So got a lot of airtime with her glorious waist length hair down so from her vapid perspective, probably better she went out before she looked like a drowned rat.

Speaking of things seared into my brain, zomgManInSpeedos. Seemed like 3 sizes too small and oh so tight. Why so tight postal dude? WHY?

• Love 2
It was a huge mistake for So and Joaquin and Mike and Dan to mention the "honest" or "deceive" aspects of their choice.  All of the players are already primed to focus on trigger words related to deception, so using those words is almost guaranteed to make people distrust you.  They should have come up with some other story about a choice without actually saying "honest" or "deceive".  So has already been bitten in the butt by that boneheaded decision.  I wonder if Mike or Dan will face any more serious repercussions other than some of the women on their tribe thinking that they were lying even when they were being honest.  Although, Dan already has plenty of strikes against him anyway.

I agree. I kept wondering why they didn't say it was a choice between two different foods. Or food and a blanket/tarp. Something like that.

Oh, and Carolyn's assertion that a woman had to go first to keep the tribe strong was very, very annoying. Why? Did Joaquin do something that was massively helpful in the challenge? So did. Why is she less useful then he is? Because she is a woman with less muscle mass? Just ugggghhhhh

Maybe I interpreted her incorrectly,but I thought she was saying that would be the tribe's reasoning, not that SHE actually believed that. 

Yes and the first thing I would to is get water alone and search the well area.  There is always one there.

Yup. Because it's an obvious landmark you can write a clue about, and it's also a good place for people to go to get away from the tribe. Never fails. 

• Love 4

I also thought someone ought to make salt. It takes time to boil the sea water, but those people have a lot of time on their hand and a little seasoning would help a lot with their food.

YES!  Long ago, a few meals at my grandmother's nursing home SHOCKED me with how bland and depressing food can be with zero seasoning.  They'd feel better if those pitiful little handfuls of rice were zestier. 

I was sorta waiting for him to say he was Coach's son.   

The recap was mad funny.  "Vince is like if Coach had a baby.  And then that baby was raised by wolves."

Edited by candall
  • Love 7

First impressions ...

Coconut vendor is creepy, majorly creepy.

Postal worker is trying too hard.

Glad that neither Joaquin nor so found the HII

After the exchange between the coconut vendor and his chosen target, my mind was screaming, "RESTRAINING ORDER!  STAT!"  He is scary, scary, scary - jealous actions, menacing tone, creepy way-too-long hug - wow, he is not giving me the vibe his tribe is supposed to be about, to say the very least. 

• Love 5

I'm bummed because she's so hot, and more likable than Carolyn.

Yes, but she had that confusing "wanna date her/hate her" thing going on. 

Speaking of things seared into my brain, zomgManInSpeedos. Seemed like 3 sizes too small and oh so tight. Why so tight postal dude? WHY?

The phrase "size of a postage stamp" comes to mind.

Vince is as creepy and as awful as I thought he would be based on my first impressions. His dependence on Jenn from day one is ridiculous. His jealousy of Joe is palpable. He is just creepy and annoying and kind of stalker like and I don't like him. Joe is all kinds of awesome.

I hope Vince lasts awhile because he's got the potential for hours of entertainment.

• Love 3
After seeing Carolyn not trust several people, I was really surprised she didn't play the idol-  I'm curious about what went down at camp that convinced her she was safe.

I feel fairly certain there was more that happened between her and Tyler and Max before tribal council that made her so confident that she was safe. Because it was clear those two, Tyler and Max, were deciding their vote together. And speaking of the idol, I too was surprised that Carolyn so quickly told Tyler she had it when she'd indicated that it was Max and Shireen she was close to. I wonder if that will come back and bite her. Tyler is right now one of my ones to watch. His talking heads kind of indicated to me that he's smart, possibly pretty sneaky and likely can play this game.

• Love 6

I was really, really disappointed that So didn't cry on her way out, but the look on Joaquin's smug face sort of made up for it.  Just the way he walks makes me hate him.

Boston guy and Vince are like the two worst guys women meet in bars.  One trying to impress you with a too personal story and the other one hugging you way too long. Too bad they can't have tazers on the show.

Is "Boston guy" a stock character on Survivor now, like "bitchy gay guy" and "older mom type?"

• Love 7

The ones standing out to me are Joe (no collar) and Tyler (white collar).   Too early to root for anyone but these are contenders. 

Easy first outs, Vince (feathers) and Dan (blue collar). 

I also think it is very possible white collar will lose again and Carolyn would go.  

• Love 1

HappyDancex2, thank you for CreepheadWhitefeather.  He made me laugh when he threw his little tantrum about not getting his way on how to build the shelter, and blasted the other guy for not being "collaborative," meaning not doing it HIS way.  He reminded me of a childhood friend of my daughter's who told us, "Sharing means you have to let me play with what you have."  But not the other way round. 

• Love 6

He voted with the majority and stayed quiet at tribal, two super important things this early in the game. 

I think he actually didn't stay quiet at tribal. Telling everyone you too would lie like So/Joaquin did but that you'd be better at it seemed deeply stupid to me. He didn't need to say that, but his arrogance got the better of him. He's very high on his ability and I think that might end up biting him in the ass. 

I'm disappointed Dan kinda ended up being awful because I loved his response to Jeff's casually sexist, 'these are your brothers,' remark.

I feel like Tyler is one to watch.

I didn't really like anyone. I'll give it time though.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

This was one of the best premieres i have seen great cast, lots of personalities and I see a lot of potential strong players here.  So Kim really disappointed me though I thought she was going to be a contender but she really screwed up.  Carolyn had me leap off my sofa when she found that idol I was like how awesome is that she found that idol without the freaking idol clue!  Dan seems cool but he needs to put a shirt on ASAP! Yuck.  Rodney had me in tears when he said we need to get Harry Potters grandfather outta here omg i was dying!!! Vince reminds me of coach and Joe reminds me of Malcolm. I thought Jenn would get on my nerves but I really liked her actually.  I cannot believe Mike ate that scorpion though I was like are you crazy but hey if they have a bug eating challenge this season he has sure gotten his practice I cannot wait for the next episode!

• Love 3
The fact that Shirin got NO votes despite her obvious screwup tells me her tribe are either dummies or she's a real contender to win for avoiding that obvious target.

I'm curious why the target fell on Carolyn rather than Shirin.  So's argument that "at least Shirin put herself out there" seemed like 100% pretext (of course, worded in the "white-collar-speak" that they've realized they have to give TPTB).  Maybe So will address this in a post-boot interview.

It couldn't have been that easy, the two who had the clue couldn't find it. Maybe they are not as Survivor savy and didn't have a feel for the types of places it would be hidden but Carolyn knew to keep an eye on both of them, look where they were going, notice what type of places they were looking at, and then find the idol.

I agree.  It's not completely accurate to say Carolyn found the HII without a clue.  So was, err, so obvious about the way she was searching for the HII, she basically conveyed to Carolyn the general location of the HII and the fact that it was in or near a tree.  I give Carolyn credit for keeping an eye on So, and for knowing how TPTB think in terms of hiding HIIs. But she definitely got a big assist from So there. 

I feel fairly certain there was more that happened between her and Tyler and Max before tribal council that made her so confident that she was safe. Because it was clear those two, Tyler and Max, were deciding their vote together.

I agree.  Given what former-talent-agency-intern-i-mean-"assistant" was saying at TC, he was either trying hard to convince So and Joaquin that he was still with them, or hamfistedly tipping his hand.  The fact that Carolyn didn't play the HII (given what she's shown to know about the show) suggests that they were solidly against So going into TC.

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 1

Speaking of dirty hair, So got a lot of airtime with her glorious waist length hair down so from her vapid perspective, probably better she went out before she looked like a drowned rat.

Does anyone know what they get in terms of personal hygiene/grooming products?  I mean the women must be provided with feminine products, right? But I would think they don't get anything else.  We've seen the results of a lack of razors and toothbrushes (based on using sticks instead).  But in the shower this morning (what, I do all my best thinking there!) I wondered if they got combs.  Because all that time spent in the ocean/salt water would mean seriously ratty heads of hair, yet the women's hair rarely looks that neglected.

• Love 1

I too was surprised that Carolyn so quickly told Tyler she had it

Thanks, I missed that due to my power going out. I will never for the life of me understand why people tell someone they have an idol so early in the game. When you are still feeling people out and getting to know them, I'd keep everything to myself until later when I have seen someone prove I can trust them.

They may have wanted to keep Shirin around for an easy fall guy/gal later. If she's that weak in a challenge again, they can give her the boot and save themselves.

Does anyone know what they get in terms of personal hygiene/grooming products?  I mean the women must be provided with feminine products, right?

No personal grooming products (unless someone brought a comb and was allowed to keep it) only medicines they are prescribed and have to take, and women get the necessary feminine products.

• Love 1
I do not like the mean girls on the Blue Collar team. Just awful people. Yes, Dan was being kind of a dick but it went from trying to work through it to being mean and acting like a bully.

I can't stand that Lindsey for saying Dan "doesn't fit in," like she's head cheerleader and his hair is frizzy.  Also for her laugh that sounds like somebody being spanked and for saying that raising her little girl is "really hard," but Lindsey can handle it because she's the strongest woman in the whole world.  That poor child, Lindsey talks about her like she's that wet haired girl from The Well.

• Love 7
Because all that time spent in the ocean/salt water would mean seriously ratty heads of hair, yet the women's hair rarely looks that neglected.

I thought So looked really beautiful, especially in that shot in the bra with her hair hanging down to her waist.  She definitely looked like she'd stepped right out of the make-up room for that confessional.

But, given that she was eliminated on Day 2 or 3, I suppose it's possible that confessional was taped after she was voted out and had a chance to clean up.

• Love 2