Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Episode Eight

Fisher King

Has Showtime On Demand stopped making Episodes available before broadcast?  Usually the next episode is available on Monday, after Sunday night's first broadcast of the prior episode.  But as of last night, I still don't see Episode Eight available On Demand.

My Xfinity has this episode OD.

It's just no fun when Matt is mad at the world.  His scene with the teenage girls wanting a picture taken with him was hilarious though, as well as him trying to guess who the real estate lady was showing the house to.  STOKE!  Still as dumb as a rock and Matt's hatred of him is as deep as it ever was.

Bev ~ Watch out for Helen's golf cart from hell!

• Love 1

I love this show so much!! I don't want it to be almost over! This was a great episode, totally up there with the best the show has done. Matt's breakdown at the end was very well done, and I totally bought both his heartbreak and exhaustion and even depression, and that he would never let that stop him from copping a feel!

So many good lines, it's impossible to repeat them all, but the one that sticks with me right now is Sean's "Sorry won't get us to work in the morning." He knew he was being insensitive, but he really wanted the cars back!

Are they keeping these characters in each other's orbits only by being on the same network, or is a massive shakeup coming? I also liked Stoke trying to play the piano, and I'm glad they let him get out a few notes. Since, of course, the actor is a very talented musician.

Why would there ever be a week without Episodes?!

• Love 5

^ I don't know why either. This is one the best sitcoms on the air right now. 4 Seasons later and it's still laugh out loud hilarious. 

Poor Carol, she can never find the right boss. Helen's got some series anger management issues. It should be sad but I do love seeing people pleaser Carol walking over herself backwards trying to please her. 

As uptight as Bev is she's a good friend to meet Carol by the garbage dumpsters because she said so. 

I loved the Matt and Merc scene. Gotta love Hollywood, you can hate someone so much but go to lunch and pretend to be nice and civil while spouting thinly veiled insults and still walk out working together. 

Matt's drunk breakdown was great as was his copping a feel at the very end. 

• Love 1

This was such a great episode.  I love this show. It's so much fun. It's outrageous at times, snarky as hell, downright silly with Myra and her "dialogue" , but then we get some really lovely beats of geniune caring and emotion. 

Matt is still my favorite but Carol is right behind him.  I love Carol. She is so messed up but so nice and tries so hard all the time.  And she is competent but she doesn't believe in herself at heart which IMO is why she sleeps with the boss(es).   But Helen is the worst.  She is just plain mean and petty.

As uptight as Bev is she's a good friend to meet Carol by the garbage dumpsters because she said so. 

How about Bev's indignity that she's the one in love with Carol, and not the other way around? Especially the way she was mortified that Sean was just meh on it. Sean's right, it's not a big deal, but I can kind of see where Bev is like "why can't it be Carol who's in love with me???"

Argh, Helen was too good to be true. But I did love her and Carol getting the ultimate revenge on Merc by pairing him up with Matt.

This episode had lots of greatness in it: "I heard she broke up with you too..." "Yup, but it didn't cost me a penny"; Stoke's look and "Jesus..." when he saw how badly Matt aged; and Helen's "I swear on my little Swastika tattoo that this is nothing personal...". I can't believe this is going to be over soon!

• Love 3

One quibble:  I don't think Matt has aged "badly" -- he has simply aged, which apparently celebrities are not allowed to do.  ;-) 

Oh of course. But with how Stoke looked at him you'd think Matt was like totally unrecognizable from his Friends days. ;)

I wonder if the make-up department "aged" Matt heavily recently, because there seems to be a lot of material in the writing lately regarding how Matt aged, even from Matt himself.

• Love 1

I actually still like Helen, she's not osycho just possessive and jealous. She didn't mind being corrected by carol about how to pronounce the dead actors name. I thought saying it was a tragedy just after remarking how he'd lost weight was hilarious.

And I love their revenge on merc.

I don't want this show to end? Come on, give us at least 13 episode! I want to see the new show!!!

And we've barely seen some characters this year. I want more of crazy ex writing partner. More of morning. More more more!

Matts home was sort of a museum to the 90s though. And seriously, who wants a huge photo of themselves young like that? One portrait maybe but that was a bit much,

• Love 1

I don't think Matt has aged "badly" -- he has simply aged, which apparently celebrities are not allowed to do.  ;-)

I actually think he's aged really well. There's just a stark contrast between someone like Stoke who's just starting out in his career and Matt whose best years are (arguably) behind him. However, the Warhol-like painting of Matt is creepy as hell. And I'd have to go back and watch again but I'm pretty sure that's a different beach house than the one in Season 1 where Matt and Bev slept together, and were Sean and Matt had the big fight.

I really like the fact that no matter how mad he is at them, Matt still turns to Sean and Bev in his hour of need, because basically he has no other friends, and he knows that deep down. And Sean and Bev are really just big old softies when it comes to Matt.

Can't believe there's only one more episode! Why can't this show just be on every week, forever? 

• Love 1

Has Pucks officially been cancelled?! After the big boss picked it up just to spite NBC, I don't recall them shooting any episodes. At least after Sean and Bev had to go back to the US. The last 3 episodes hasn't mentioned Pucks at all.

They've shot episodes... they had Matt showing up not knowing any of the lines and, hell, they're still at the studio which is how they all keep interacting around craft services and what-not.

But little else is being made of it.

I agree that this is one of the best - if not the best - shows on TV. I am appalled it doesn't get more recognition.

I think if you are Matt's age and thought he was hot in Friends when you were both in your 20's/30s, then you absolutely think he is still hot now when you are in your 40s/50s.  But if you are a 20-something who never saw Friends, you would look at current Matt (or anyone pushing 50) as old, and find it hard to believe he could ever have been young.

I have a hard time with Stoke after watching Nashville. Sam P is pretty good at playing 2 such different characters though.

• Love 2

I have a hard time with Stoke after watching Nashville. Sam P is pretty good at playing 2 such different characters though.

OH MY GOD!! Stoke is Gunnar!! I did not even realize until you wrote that.

Good Lord...

• Love 4