Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Clash of the Tritons

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica finds herself the target of a set-up when a secret underground society within Neptune High begins planting evidence to get her in trouble. Meanwhile, Veronica learns new information about Lilly's murder by eavesdropping on private conversations, and Aaron Echolls becomes concerned about his wife."

I really like that in this episode Veronica hears some of WHY Logan has become an "obligatory psychotic jackass" because from all of the flashback footage it did really appear he was a nice (if not a bit reckless) guy who she was actually friends with but the characterization from the voice-overs would have you believe he was always awful which is confusing. I am assuming that he was always somewhat awful in the way most normal popular kids can be, but wasn't as evil as he became after Lilly died. I don't know, but I mean she was legit friends with and dating people from this group, so were they always the absolute worst or did Lilly's death change the dynamic some? It appears that at least part of the dynamic changed when Lilly died, in "An Echols Family Christmas" Duncan goes on that tirade about how Logan is not who he thought he once was or whatever, so that makes me feel like most of this current jackassary is Logan acting out because of his anger and guilt about Lilly, because otherwise I can't figure out why either Duncan or Veronica would have ever been friends with him.

• Love 1

Yeah, he has plenty of reason to act out since. I'd believe Logan might have still been kind of a dick and mostly kept around because of Lilly (who wouldn't have cared about that so much if he was fun), though.

Liked this one; the Veronica/Wallace friendship is so much fun. The whole Triton stuff, though pretty silly, is totally believable for that school. Who was it who stuffed her in her car trunk, though? Rick and some buds we never saw unmasked? Because though I guess the Tritons sorta have motive and we're meant to think it at that point, no way would Duncan go for that, and to be the only sinister thing we see them do.

Also, the fact that Rick's locker is right under the mystery locker seems way too obvious; they should've picked up on that right away.

I guess Veronica is rocking a mega-ultra-SD card to be able to take all-day movies on her DSLR in 2005.

• Love 1

I was thinking about the memory of the camera as well. My initial thought was that there was some sort of motion sensor but then that wouldn't have worked because of the busy hallway. I don't know. I guess we're to suspend our disbelief there. 

• Love 1

Veronica sets the camera for time lapse photography. I don't remember how many seconds she sets the delay for but the camera is only taking one picture every so many seconds. It's not taking continuos video.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I wasn't sure who it was that stuffed Veronica in the trunk.  Either Rick and some of his friends dressed up or he told the real Tritons where she was.  Duncan was a recruit/pledge, not a full Triton, so he wouldn't have known about it, if it was the Tritons who actually did it.

Sneaky for Veronica to hear the other's counseling sessions and get some further info about Lilly's death.  I have gotten the impression from the episodes so far that Logan can be a decent guy (they did ok together making that Lilly tribute video), but he was mad at Veronica for her telling Lilly about the kiss and then Lilly's death.

This has me wondering more who raped Veronica.  It wasn't Duncan or Logan, I'm pretty sure, so I guess one of the other 09ers.