Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Tempus Fugit

Those bastards!!

Heh - couldn't resist.

"They killed Benny!"

While I absolutely hate the reasons behind why we got such an awesome episode, I love that we got such an awesome episode. It did have everything I loved about Season 1 and hopefully the show will come back for a third season.

• Love 3

Whether it's renewed or not (and I hope it is...now), I'm so glad this episode returned Tom Mison with his exceptional acting ability.  That's been my biggest gripe struggling to keep watching the trainwreck of S2 CFD, the season that never was.  I loved S1 Ichabod Crane and all the nuance and energy Mison brought to the role.  He's been phoning it in all season, and who could possibly blame the man?  I hated the show for turning his character into someone I couldn't stand --- an inept, spineless fool, making horrible decisions and turning his back on Abbie at every turn.  Tonight, when his acting skills rose to the occasion of his tortured decision to kill the freaking witch, and as his eyes showed all the emotion he feels for Abbie, I remembered why I used to like him so much.  The man can act his butt off and S1 Ichabod gave him so much to work with.  Welcome back, Mison.  Please don't go away now.

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 10

Would it have killed Abbie to hug Ichabod?!?! He just killed his wife for cripes sakes. And they were just talking about hugging it out right before.

I have to agree in that it's totally within Abbie's character to have hugged Ichabod in this moment but with all of the talk of romantic subtext lately, it was a smart move by the director/writers. (I'm coming off crazy today because all of my comments have been about this but I swear, I'm not crazy) Had Abbie hugged him I'm almost positive there would've been all kinds of comments bringing up their chemistry or Yay! they love each other or Yay! move over Katrina.( I'm not talking about comments here but just among the average viewers). I think it was important to isolate his grief within his character. I think it would've taken away from the impact of his decision at that moment.  I can fanwank that Abbie gave him a great big hug and comforted him.

For the rest of the episode, loved it. 

Benjamin Franklin loving Abbie and she was actaully taking it in and enjoying it herself. Perfect.

The parallels from the pilot were great. 

Of course there's a video of Ichabod talking about waffles. His love of food is probably my favorite characteristic of his. 

Abbie kicking ass and taking names, so good. 

Sometimes all of the endless exposition of entwined fates and witness bonds tire me out; tonight I actually believed it. It was really well done. Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison sell this stuff really well.

I was basically on the edge of my seat this episode. I haven't felt that in a long time. 

Finally, Katrina is gone. I want to feel bad but I can't. I'm excited for where this story can go now without all of the Crane family drama dragging it down. At least she had grandpa son there to take her hand into the light.

ETA: Grace! How could I forget about Grace. She was just like Abbie but 250 years earlier. It was so good. Abbie's reaction to meeting her was perfect. She was so in awe but tried to keep it cool. I thought it was really done well.

Edited by archiesmom
  • Love 11

That was a perfect finale (whether series or season) for the fans and critics. It was a great nod to the good episodes and season 1. 

All the Crane scenes trying with the cell phone in the past. Trying to turn it on, sliding it to unlock, that entire scene was a win. The selfie video! Vrane's birthday being her password. Abby telling Crane which buildings were going to be Starbucks was a great nod to the future where he asks about them and why there's so many. 

The flashbacks!

Killing Katrina!

Then ending scene being Crane and Mills ready to work. All 4 of them together. 

It really ended like a finale if they chose not to renew.

• Love 3

I can't belive how universally happy everyone is. I really expected more complaining about the ending. I'm glad so many ppl see it the way I did. The ending leaves the door open for anything to happen and I love that. The writers can do anything - even a time jump. I am so excited. So very excited for a third season.

Edited by Blackhoney
  • Love 6

Sorry shippers, but I hope Ichabod and Abby don't get together, and I hope he doesn't spend a whole season moping about how he had to kill his wife. There's so much that could be done in the 3rd season, so let's hope it gets renewed, but this is Fox we're talking about so who knows? 

• Love 1

Oh and no way Crane would have done 08-18 for his birthday. He would have typed 8-18. Just saying. Human factors researcher here... I know this stuff, lol.

I was thinking he'd have typed day, rather than month, first (18-8), British style. 20 years in the U.S., and my English husband still has to remind himself to write dates the "American" way.

Totally agree with all who've called shenanigans on Goffman's (and, earlier, Kim's) claims that all prior bullshit was in service of this "plan." That said, they've managed to pull this show out of the crapper in which they placed it, so I'm on board (and crossing fingers) for season 3. Can't believe I'm saying this, but "whoo hoo!" to network interference.

I loved pretty much everything everyone else has already mentioned, most especially the callbacks to the pilot and the wonderful scenes with Grace Dixon. Definitely agree with Sarah Bunting's wig observation; there were a couple of hella bad ones on the minor players. I mean, I expect a schmancy powdered wig to look fake, but it always makes me laugh when the ones that are supposed to look like people's actual hair instead look like rusty Brillo attached with Scotch Tape. [Oh, and I haven't forgotten how, when Abraham became Headless, the Hessians shaved off his froufy wig. That shit was NOT his hair. They should have removed it and shaved the (already short) hair underneath. Sorry, I've been carrying that gripe around for the better part of a year.]

Extra special love for "Slide to unlock", but my favorite was the selfie video. For some reason that gave me the most feels of anything in the episode.

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 3

I'm trying to remember the last time I was this happy about a character death... I don't think I've ever been this happy about a character death. Sure, I was fist pumping when Joffrey, the little ish, choked on his pie, but even then I was also sad that the show was losing such a delicious character and brilliant actor. But now, I'm just unequivocally ecstatic.

• Love 3

It's still Monday here in California and we're already on page four! You guys were excited. I thought it appropriate that I watched Doctor Who while waiting for my husband to get home to watch SH tackle time travel.

THIS is the Sleepy Hollow I've been waiting for--the Season 1 level of crazy that made this show so delightful. So much was packed into it, this could have been a 90 minute episode. My only nitpick is that I thought undoing the spell was too easy. I wanted Abbie's trip back to have real impact on the future instead of the events being apparently fixed. I wanted Headless to kill Crane and have Grace Dixon preserve him this time and then turn Abbie into a statue because I liked that theory so much. But then I realized we were already at the final commercial break of the hour, so none of that would happen.

I really hope there's a season 3 now that the original gang's back together and Katrina is dead (I also sang "Ding dong the witch is dead" with you all). This show is at its best when it focuses on the journey of Abbie and Ichabod.

A few choice comments from viewing (i.e. things I shouted at my TV):

Oh snap, they killed Ben Franklin!

Crane chose Abbie over Katrina. (And while I am a bit of an Ichabbie shipper, I meant that in a platonic witness sort of way.)

There was also a bit of cheering when Crane stabbed Katrina.

I was thinking he'd have typed day, rather than month, first (18-8), British style. 20 years in the U.S., and my English husband still has to remind himself to write dates the "American" way.

I was totally expecting this, too. I also work with a lot of Brits.

Edited by Leia1979
  • Love 1

Grace Dixon interacting with Abbie was the best part of the episode for me. Yes, even better that Katrina's death, because no matter how relieved I am to see her go, even that was poorly developed. It's always been like this though, Abbie's connections, family and friends, never fail to connect on an emotional level. Something Crane's side of the story cannot dream to touch, no matter how many tears he sheds.

I have this nagging feeling that Crane is going to blame Abbie and possibly himself for Katrina's death. There is no way the show spent 2 seasons making him a liability to Abbie and humanity at large for her sake and making a fool of him incapable of keeping a conversation without mentioning her every two words, only to just accept her death. That's not the Crane I know and dislike. Goffman and his pals will make sure Katrina's presence is felt next season, whether Katia Winter is back or not.

I loved the Jenny and Frank cameo at the end and the promise that the four of them would be the core Team Witness. I also loved Abbie's resourcefulness and ability to save herself.

This past season (and a half) has been such a waste! Does the show have what it takes to sail full wind or will it remain docked by the fear of the chemistry and of its black lead? Will the writers give Abbie full credit and development or will they keep it FCO (for Crane Only)?

Anyway... the witch is dead and for now the show can breathe.

If the writers ar smart they'll skip Crane's man pain. No one wants to come back to a new season dealing with old problems. This is why I feel a time jump would be awesome. That way Crane will have mourned and the audience can be spared the needless drama. Season three needs to start with a bang and three words need to never be mentioned again: Katrina, Henry and Abraham.

• Love 2

I would be okay with the S3 premiere dealing with the aftermath of Crane killing Katrina (but no long term main pain/emo moping - they get one episode for that and then it's over!). Even though she went all crazy evil, that was fairly recent. In the timeline of the show, it's been, what, less than a week since he found out she had gone to the Dark Side. Even though they were briefly living apart prior to that, he still loved her while they were separated. Given all that, it's understandable that he would mourn the woman who he used to love and the wife she was before she decided to team up with Henry to start a new coven.

I felt like Crane killing Katrina was a weaker version of Buffy having to kill Angel in the S2 finale. Obviously different circumstances but I see the parallels. One thing I really liked is that Crane and Abbie just talked about their rules of being witnesses last week, one of which was that their bond had to come before all others and this week he proved that he was willing to put Abbie before Katrina.

I love how his reaction to meeting a woman from 2015 is just like "your a time traveler? Awesome! Hows the future? Which one of my inventions are still around? This is so cool!" like, instantly.

Ben Franklin was awesome. Between his excitement about all the info Abbie had about the future and the way he purred, "Bonjooooouuuur," when he met her, I loved him. So of course shortly thereafter I was like DUDE, YOU DID NOT JUST DECAPITATE BEN FRANKLIN!

Although the show still finds ways for Crane to learn about modern things, I loved the show going old school and having him struggle with a cell phone. It was also an interesting turn around to see Abbie trying to adjust to the past, but I am glad that we only had that for one episode. She was really smart about what she selectively chose to tell Crane so that she could convince him of the truth.

When Abbie told Grace her that her first name was Grace too and Grace's reaction was, "Oh, we're related!" I totally cracked up because Mr. EB has this joke that anyone with the same name is related.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

2 things gave me the feels:

1) Abigail finally using her real name Grace with real Grace and Grace knowing she was kin immediately.

ITA. I also agree with the poster on the 1st page (can't find your post!) who wishes Abbie would have had a chance to tell Grace that not only can all* Americans vote in 2015, but the current president is black.  *But not convicted felons who have served their time and are now law-abiding, tax-paying citizens, but that's another story.

And Crane's birthday is August 18th. That makes him a LEO. Because I am insane, this appeals to me. Mison is a Leo, Crane is a Leo, and I just happen to be a Leo. My heart just exploded.

Ichabod and I share a birthday! When he typed it in, I was like, "Shut up!"

I must admit, my shipper heart fluttered a little when Abbie told Crane that the code to her phone was his birthday. I guess that was the point of putting that in.

And yes Ichabod seems like a Leo. Great leaders, intelligent, but you can be arrogant little shits sometimes. No offense.

• Love 3

Sorry shippers, but I hope Ichabod and Abby don't get together, and I hope he doesn't spend a whole season moping about how he had to kill his wife. There's so much that could be done in the 3rd season, so let's hope it gets renewed, but this is Fox we're talking about so who knows? 

I agree. I recently rewatched all of the X Files, and it took them until Season 8/9 to finally put Mulder and Scully together, but their connection and affection (friendly) were evident throughout the full 9 seasons. It was wonderful.

SH has all the potential to be another X Files, which had a lot of episodes about different aliens/demons/wierdness wrapped around an occasional episode or two about the underlying conspiracy, which is how it managed to stay alive for as long as it did. This show could easily follow the same pattern. Fox would be stupid not not renew. After all, it's a different type of evil that Ichabod and Abbie are facing.

• Love 4

I have to say I honestly don't understand how Katrina, a good witch, suddenly turned into a bad witch so quickly.  I never saw the frustration she had of living in these present times.  Was she tired of not being able to use her powers out in the open?  Was she tired of isolation in the cabin?  Was she tired of being married to Ichabod?  How can she turn so quickly into the ally of the son that tried to kill her and her husband and bring about the apocalypse Moloch style?  It was definitely the contrivance of the Show's writers to do a reset.  But hell, Katia really acted the hell out of that and she made me believe that she truly loved Henry/Jeremy unconditionally and really hate Crane.  I thought last week's episode was great, but last night's episode was awesome!

I thought Benjamin Franklin was adorable!  Franklin was one of my favorite Founding Fathers.  I like how accepting of Abbie he was and that he called her the American Dream!  I read that Franklin was a rather open minded fellow and I liked the portrayal that Timothy Busfield gave as Franklin.  My jaw hit the ground when Franklin got decapitated! 

I love how strong Abbie was in spite of her circumstances.  She's one strong lady!  She was able to convince Past Ichabod to listen to her and she ably defended herself when that angry soldier came into her cell and wanted to harm her.  I'm so glad she met her ancestress Grace.  I also wish, like Abbie and Grace, that they would've had more time to chat and tell of the times they live in. 

I really didn't expect Katrina to die at the end.  I thought she made a pretty good villainess.  I guess the writers are just clearing out the old storylines so next season will be clean and hopefully bring better storylines.

I'm in the minority, but I will miss Katrina and Henry.  I like the ending when the dying Katrina sees a vision of Henry before she dies.  No dying thoughts at all for Ichabod; in the end it was all Henry for her.

Where is the Headless Horseman?  I'm glad they didn't kill him off.  I guess Headless will forever be Crane's nemesis perhaps until the end of this Show.

This season had a very strong finish.  I look forward to next season!

• Love 2

Okay okay I've got actual thoughts about the episode beyond just my celebratory statements. 

First Grace and Abbie, my feels broke the watershed right then and there, I realize the racial diversity of the cast is just one of those things for some who watch, but this relationship(s) between the Mills women is so vital important to me for viewers to see, between this and HTGAWM episode with Cicely Tyson last week, I can't help thinking how rare it is to see two black women talking together about things, their hopes, fears, pains, and joys. GAH it's everything and we need more more more. This scene more than any other won me back over to this cracky amazing show I never wanted to stop loving.

I didn't think I could love the one sided hug, but in context 1700's Ichabod is confused by such displays of "intimacy" and hugging it out, but I loved the way Mison played it like (I am enjoying this in spite of being confused and unsure, and I can not wait to get to 2015).I agree with whoever said Mison looked re-energized in this episode, to get back to an active, committed Ichabod, one who isn't merely Katrina's sop and stooge. 

Overall the fun is back, the feels are back and Ichabbie's chemistry was on fiyah. 

• Love 9

And Crane's birthday is August 18th. That makes him a LEO. Because I am insane, this appeals to me. Mison is a Leo, Crane is a Leo, and I just happen to be a Leo. My heart just exploded

When Abbie said her password was his birthday, my first thought was he's a Leo.  Leo definitely fits the character (warmth, leadership, loyalty, charisma).  It's nice to know Mison is also a Leo.  That is one good looking dude!  We Aquarian women love those Leo men!

• Love 3

Goffman's TVLine interview about the Finale...

http://tvline.com/2015/02/23/sleepy-hollow-season-3-spoilers-mark-goffman/

The lies he tells. 

Of course,  if Goffman did produce proof this was really his plan all along (a certified letter dated when SH first started, a contract with script attached signed by Kevin Reilly) and he really did play The Sting on us for over a year, heads would explode across the Internet. 

This episode was old school Sleepy Hollow. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 3

That episode flew by!  Loved it, loved it, loved it.  But since spoilers were all over the Internet, the biggest surprise for me was Headless chopping off Ben Franklin's head!  I guess this means Badass Headless is back.

My tea leaves were wrong and SH really did kill off Katrina.  I'm probably one of the few to shed a tear for her. I felt the last two episodes showed how to handle her character and I liked the change.  Washington Irving had the answer all along - pair her with Abraham and let it rip.

I wish I had more to say but this whole thing with SH has left me exhausted.  Now I'm just waiting for FOX to restore my wild, crazy Monday nights. 

• Love 1

I won't miss Henry, whom I feel was the big mis step for the show, but I do feel they could have found a place for Katrina.  The mistake with her was making her Crane's wife.  Team Witness does need a witch or someone capable of magic, but they may have solved that by giving them the "spell" books.  Does anyone remember if they kept Katrina's book, or did Abbie bring Grace's book back with her?  I have fast forwarded through so much of the season I can't remember if they found and kept Grace's book, or if it was destroyed. 

I enjoyed parts of the episode, but found myself kind of bored as they went down the checklist: 

Include some time travel humor (phone, selfie, etc.) Check   The sliding across the desk was funny

Include a historical figure ( Franklin) check 

Callbacks to Icabod's arrival/ Abbie's arrival in different place  check 

Let Abbie "save herself" or be powerful (a big complaint this season) check 

Grace Dixon ( check) 

Kill Katrina ( check) 

Redeem Irving , have the team together ( check) 

I personally felt somewhat manipulated all episode and that it was really written by the fans. Other than getting rid of the dead weight, I really saw no movement towards the future.  Even Headless didn't look like Headless for some reason.  

Everything was rushed while trying to pack in the aforementioned list.  Franklin and Dixon accepting someone from the future in two seconds flat.  Really? Could they not spring for a 2 hour final so that everything could be more developed, and to include Jenny and Irving more?  

I'm wishing for better writing and acting ---and sorry, no romance between Icabod and Abbie- for next year.   Sleepy Hollow is best in figuring out mysteries and having action fighting whatever the threat is as a team.  Interested to see who the other people are in town that know about the secret fight.  Part of what has been missing is the interaction with other people, which is why John Cho and some others were missed. They never developed the new captain, and I'm not sure Abbie even works at the police station anymore.  

• Love 1

My guess is that there is some tiny seed of truth in this finale always being the plan, like it was always planned to be a time travel episode or whatever. But I think that truth is being stretched far beyond capacity.

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 2

I failed to realize(up until this episode) just how much I'd been watching season 2 on auto pilot or out of duty. I would fall asleep and struggle to get through watching it later, but I did not want to admit how bad the show had gotten. I was just living on crumbs. Agree with many about the wasted potential with Katrina. Had fun watching her boss around Abraham and pretend mildness, particularly in the Colonel Sutton scene. Cause that's what I'd been missing. Fun. This eppy brought it back!

• Love 1

Well crap--another episode I skipped and clearly shouldn't have.  And yet, even knowing she dies, I still don't feel like dealing with any Katrina at all and probably won't bother watching it.  But I really hope it gets renewed now so I can start over and pretend Season 2 never happened.

Of course,  if Goffman did produce proof this was really his plan all along (a certified letter dated when SH first started, a contract with script attached signed by Kevin Reilly) and he really did play The Sting on us for over a year, heads would explode across the Internet. 

This episode was old school Sleepy Hollow.

. I remember reading that Fox wanted to know the entire outcome of s1 before agreeinv to the whole thing. Maybe Fox agreed this time too but once it was a total failure with CFD they stepped in to course correct once the numbers went into the toilet.

First Grace and Abbie, my feels broke the watershed right then and there, I realize the racial diversity of the cast is just one of those things for some who watch, but this relationship(s) between the Mills women is so vital important to me for viewers to see, between this and HTGAWM episode with Cicely Tyson last week, I can't help thinking how rare it is to see two black women talking together about things, their hopes, fears, pains, and joys. GAH it's everything and we need more more more. This scene more than any other won me back over to this cracky amazing show I never wanted to stop loving.

That was the most moving scene for me.  Who wouldn't want to spend time with their ancestors from centuries past?  It was made even more poignant because of all the history that happened between Grace's time to Abbie's time.  I loved Abbie's awe of Grace and Grace's pride in Abbie.  I wish the show had spent some quality time with the two of them.

• Love 3

I won't miss Henry, whom I feel was the big mis step for the show, but I do feel they could have found a place for Katrina.  The mistake with her was making her Crane's wife.  Team Witness does need a witch or someone capable of magic, but they may have solved that by giving them the "spell" books.  Does anyone remember if they kept Katrina's book, or did Abbie bring Grace's book back with her?  I have fast forwarded through so much of the season I can't remember if they found and kept Grace's book, or if it was destroyed. 

I enjoyed parts of the episode, but found myself kind of bored as they went down the checklist: 

Include some time travel humor (phone, selfie, etc.) Check   The sliding across the desk was funny

Include a historical figure ( Franklin) check 

Callbacks to Icabod's arrival/ Abbie's arrival in different place  check 

Let Abbie "save herself" or be powerful (a big complaint this season) check 

Grace Dixon ( check) 

Kill Katrina ( check) 

Redeem Irving , have the team together ( check) 

I personally felt somewhat manipulated all episode and that it was really written by the fans. Other than getting rid of the dead weight, I really saw no movement towards the future.  Even Headless didn't look like Headless for some reason.  

Everything was rushed while trying to pack in the aforementioned list.  Franklin and Dixon accepting someone from the future in two seconds flat.  Really? Could they not spring for a 2 hour final so that everything could be more developed, and to include Jenny and Irving more?  

I'm wishing for better writing and acting ---and sorry, no romance between Icabod and Abbie- for next year.   Sleepy Hollow is best in figuring out mysteries and having action fighting whatever the threat is as a team.  Interested to see who the other people are in town that know about the secret fight.  Part of what has been missing is the interaction with other people, which is why John Cho and some others were missed. They never developed the new captain, and I'm not sure Abbie even works at the police station anymore.  

Well the finale was split up over 2 eps so they did give it a 2 hour finale.  Technicalities aside, this 2nd part did cover an awful lot of ground and I would have enjoyed spending more time here, but the tight timeframe/pacing matched the urgency and time sensitive nature of undoing the time traveller spell.  And I agree that many parts of it seemed checklist driven (and rather obvious), but I feel it was necessary to clearly and unequivocally communicate to the viewers, critics and FOX that the S2 indulgences of TIIC (The Idiots in Charge) "got" that their vision was not selling.

Not sure about the Grand Grimoire - it wasn't shown with Katrina in part 1 of the finale when she popped up in triage, but it was shown with her in part 2.  When they popped back to the current time frame, I don't believe they showed Abbie or Ich having it after her death.  But given the nature of the book, I would assume they would secure it.

Grace Dixon's book was already in their position in the current SH.

Dead weight - funny!  SH is very bad about the dead staying dead.

I enjoyed the ep like most of you and I gave up on liking posts because I liked an excessive amount of them!

I found DarKatrina a smidge more interesting than Kantrina, but not enough to want her to stay around if they get a 3rd season. 

Interesting that Ben Franklin comes across as charming even in such a short period on my tv.  Well played Timothy Busfield!  And a decapitated Ben?  Did not see that one coming so well played SH!

And Grace knew that Abbie was a Witness?  Damn!  How?  I needs to know!

If they do get another season, they need to find another Big Bad.  Seems inappropriate to have the two Witnesses fighting minor monster of the week.

• Love 1
personally felt somewhat manipulated all episode and that it was really written by the fans. Other than getting rid of the dead weight, I really saw no movement towards the future. Even Headless didn't look like Headless for some reason
Everything was rushed while trying to pack in the aforementioned list. Franklin and Dixon accepting someone from the future in two seconds flat. Really? Could they not spring for a 2 hour final so that everything could be more developed, and to include Jenny and Irving more?

I don't see how it was written by the fans.  They went back to the dynamics that made the show appealing in the first place (Ichabod, Abbie and the rest of Team Witness) and got rid of the character they were suppose to have killed off in the pilot oringally.

If they never introduced the CFD or made it the focal point then Katrina as a possible sketchy antagonist could have worked. Or if Ichabod had been questioning and dubious of Katrina all along it could have worked. Or if they had her blame Ichabod from the beginning. But she was wishy-washy in not an interesting way. Henry as the sin eater was a good character but again the CFD was the problem. IMO

I had no trouble believing Franklin was like "Sure, come on in" considering all the stuff he invented that most in that time thought was probably impossible or of the devil.  And Grace especially since she already knew about supernatural things and practiced spell works etc. Why would she disregard time travel?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

I have to say while I mostly enjoyed the episode as it aired, overall I didn't like how meaningless it was in the end.  The only meaningful moment was Abbie getting to meet Grace (which was really good), but otherwise they could have easily cut out the whole episode and nothing would have changed.  

While I'm not a shipper (can we seriously have a show where the male and female leads are just good friends?) I'm glad we got rid of Katrina despite the whole thing making little sense.  No one knew what to do with her and she never really demonstrated any real usefulness at all.  

As for this being the plan all along, I do remember Orlando mentioning after the mid-season break that one character would not be surviving the finale at all.  I guess the plan may have been just Henry or even some other character but I think it was Katrina all along (with Henry possibly surviving and being the big bad next season).  That said, they really need to figure out some sort of arc for next season (if there is one) because part of the issue with the second half of this season was how directionless it was.

• Love 2

It looked like Franklin was in the process of creating a Kindred creature, and Abbie remembered the one she and Ichabod made.

Yeah, that was definitely a Kindred. <sigh> I miss that guy. I wonder where he's been. Hiding out in the Sleepy Hollow Starbucks?

• Love 2

I have to say while I mostly enjoyed the episode as it aired, overall I didn't like how meaningless it was in the end.  The only meaningful moment was Abbie getting to meet Grace (which was really good), but otherwise they could have easily cut out the whole episode and nothing would have changed.  

While I'm not a shipper (can we seriously have a show where the male and female leads are just good friends?) I'm glad we got rid of Katrina despite the whole thing making little sense.  No one knew what to do with her and she never really demonstrated any real usefulness at all.  

As for this being the plan all along, I do remember Orlando mentioning after the mid-season break that one character would not be surviving the finale at all.  I guess the plan may have been just Henry or even some other character but I think it was Katrina all along (with Henry possibly surviving and being the big bad next season).  That said, they really need to figure out some sort of arc for next season (if there is one) because part of the issue with the second half of this season was how directionless it was.

I think the sense of directionless came about because whatever plans Goffman had involved Katrina, Katrina and more Katrina which the audience, in general, was not responding to favorably and the ratings were tanking.  So the 2nd half was course correction which seems directionless but was really to put things back on track. Now next season, if there is one, will be the test as to what the show is doing.  I would think they can put it back to chasing down the other Horsemen since headlessHeadless lives..

• Love 4

I really enjoyed this episode and I can't wait to re-watch it tonight.

Glad Katrina died.  I like Crane better when she's not around. 

Loved Crane figuring out how to play with the cellphone.

Loved Abbie kicking that guy's ass.  He was really sketchy and I wasn't sure what he was going to do to her.

Loved Abbie's awe in meeting Grace Dixon.

Glad that Crane took Katrina out. 

I was okay with Abbie not hugging Crane after he killed Katrina.  I was thinking "don't hug him, he needs time to process."

Glad the gang is back together.  Hope the show gets renewed and excited for what a potential season 3 will bring.

• Love 2

Yeah, that was definitely a Kindred. <sigh> I miss that guy. I wonder where he's been. Hiding out in the Sleepy Hollow Starbucks?

The Kindred and Headless are playing cards in a cabin somewhere.  It's not a great game because they each have some "challenges" and both are sore losers.

Someone with a better memory than moi:  How did past Ichabod know to look for the Hessian with the mark on his hand? 

• Love 2

I'm going to have to rewatch this episode...I didn't think it was that great.  When it was revealed last week that Katrina had gone back in time to try to reset history and Abbie was swept up with her, I was really excited for the twist.  And hoping it would last longer than one episode.  The idea of Abbie having to convince Crane and then work in Colonial America was interesting for me and I thought could definitely go on for more than one hour.  And possibly more sympathy for Katrina's plight of losing her husband and then later her son.

In the end Katrina was trying to save her son.  I don't know if she wanted to save the henchman of Moloch or just have a do-over for his childhood.  I always thought that the story of Henry was incredibly sad. 

My issue with this show is definitely the writing, but not Katrina's character, rather, the over arching story has never been that well fleshed out.  The things I like, Crane's take on modern American life, Abbie's relationships with her sister, her chief of police and with Crane, have often been sacrified for action and story telling that is frenetic.

Oh show.  I watch for Tom Mison and his pronunciation of lieutenant as leftenant.  Not sure what else is left for me.  I'm not a shipper at all. I do like Orlando Jones, and I have always loved John Noble though I don't think he was used well here.  Perhaps Benjamin Franklin can become a regular cast member.  I've always loved Timothy Busfield.

The Kindred and Headless are playing cards in a cabin somewhere.  It's not a great game because they each have some "challenges" and both are sore losers.

Someone with a better memory than moi:  How did past Ichabod know to look for the Hessian with the mark on his hand? 

Wasn't it Washington who told him about the mark? Sometime after seeing that jewelry box the current day Hessians wanted, right?

A dead Katrina is the only kind of Katrina I like. And the best part? No body to clean up! Dust in the wind, as she should be.

I was all like "great, so they have to go dig a hole and hide her body now?" when she just vanished, no fuss, no muss.

As I said earlier, if Crane needed any proof that she was less of a human and more of a supernatural creature stuck in the wrong time, this should cover it.

I'm 99% sure that after Katrina died, Ichabod picked up her grimoire from the floor where it fell.

Yes, he did. It looked to me like he started to hand it to Abbie, then stopped, as though he wasn't even sure what to do with it. Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 2

Team Witness does need a witch or someone capable of magic, but they may have solved that by giving them the "spell" books.

I wonder if Abbie or Jenny will start to show some penchant for magic, if they were to explore the possibilities and try, given that their ancestor Grace had that gift. I think that would be very powerful to see. (Plus, I liked that Grace used her magic for good; there seemed to be a lot of love in her that came through her magic. I think that's a wonderful counter to all those who use magic for evil purposes, like Henry and Katrina.)

As I said earlier, if Crane needed any proof that she was less of a human and more of a supernatural creature stuck in the wrong time, this should cover it.

Part of me wondered if Crane thought for a moment, "I wonder if that's what will happen to me when I die someday? Since I am not truly of this modern time either. Will I simply vanish?" I didn't really mourn for Katrina, but that moment made me sad, thinking about Crane and how he's not really supposed to be there either. 

• Love 2

When it was revealed last week that Katrina had gone back in time to try to reset history and Abbie was swept up with her, I was really excited for the twist.  And hoping it would last longer than one episode.  The idea of Abbie having to convince Crane and then work in Colonial America was interesting for me and I thought could definitely go on for more than one hour.

Well, it was the season finale with no guarantee yet of a third season, so they had to wrap it up in one hour.  I would have been majorly ticked off if they had ended on a cliffhanger and then the show was cancelled.  That happened with the Tim Daly version of The Fugitive and also with a show called Now and Again, and it was very frustrating.  This episode of SH can lead us into season 3, or be the wrap-up of the series, a la Angel, in which the surviving members of Angel's team geared up to continue the battle against evil even though we didn't get to see it.  I'm hoping there will be a season 3 for SH!