Type keyword(s) to search

SG:1 The Great Rewatch Planning Committee

Just popping in to mention that season 2 includes the 1969 episode, which many of us include in our lists of favorites, so maybe the subtitle could somehow reference it. It's also the first season of the Asgards and the first time Jack gets his head in the memory device.

• Love 1
Season Two:  The Martooth Cometh

Thanks for the warning.  Marteeth makes me nervous. I see those teeth taking on a life of their own after he goes to sleep.  Wandering the halls, peeking in bedrooms, climbing into the beds....<shudder>  I just freaked myself out!

• Love 1

Hello SG1 veterans! TWoP refugee here.  I am doing currently doing a re-watch of SGA, and I have NEVER seen an ep of SG1.  I decided to watch by buying season 1 on DVD to see if I like it.  Other than the lewd full frontal shots of Daniel's wife, I really enjoyed the first two eps.  I'm glad to infer that the nudity was scrubbed from the aired version.   I was hoping you would do a SLOW rewatch so I could keep up, but I will check in as best as I can.

• Love 1

Comtrya! (Welcome) Goldmoon! Please don't be intimidated by the speed of the seasons. The thought behind a thread for each season is so people can watch at their own pace. Please post your thoughts in the season threads, regardless of how old or inactive they seem. New posts tend to spark new conversation.

I came in to SG1 10 years after the fact, in to a TVWoP thread that was nearly 900 pages long, read most of the thread and sparked new conversation from my first-timer experience. These fine folks taught me everything I need to know. Check out the lexicon thread too, it's got all sorts of great info.

• Love 1

Hello rewatchers.  A little more than a month ago I was putting my hockey equipment away and I had to go all the way to the back of the scary under-the-stairs cupboard to do so.  While there I found DVDs of S1-3 Stargate SG1, a show I had never seen and was only vaguely aware of in a "hey that's MacGyver being Kurt Russell in a yay!sci-fi show I should eventually watch" way.  No idea how they made it into my house but I needed something to watch this summer anyway and I was pretty sure the DVD of the original movie was somewhere (found it in an under-the-stairs bookshelf, yes I have many stairs in my home), so thus my summer insomnia solution was born.  

So hopefully you won't mind another first time watcher horning in on your fun.  I am almost halfway through S3 right now.  I don't have many feelings yet but I do have thoughts and the occasional rage blackout to talk about.  Oh ye gods and little fishes thank Apophis that Emancipation is fairly universally reviled, they almost lost me forever.  

In conclusion, I can't decide who is prettier Sam or DanielJackson and I'm A-ok with that conundrum.  

• Love 2

Comtrya sunspot! The more the merrier!

Just wait until seasons 9 and 10, there will be an additional pretty to add to your conundrum.

Please post your thoughts, if you have in the season threads. 

(edited)

Please break up the discussion into seasons or even episode maybe? ...You have a whole forum, use it! :)

I'm not up for a lot of organized rewatching, but I happened to catch part of a season 3 episode last night and was wondering if there will still be a Season 3 rewatch thread for June? Maybe folks should just start threads for episodes as they happen to see them and have a plot point or two to discuss? What's the team's consensus? If the threads are started with the episode format box checked and the season and episode numbers correctly entered, then it won't matter if, say, an episode 2 of a season is entered after an episode 4. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Join in, please join in :-)  The more the merrier and the better the discussion.  

It's like that scene from Poltergeist.  "Come into the light! All are welcome!" Only no one is dead.  Or haunted.  Or a strangely short character actor with glasses the size of her entire body.  

So it's like that scene from Poltergeist in that...

Okay, it's nothing like that scene from Poltergeist, come to think of it.  Unless you are sitting atop a defiled burial ground.  In which case you might want to consider moving, but you'd still be welcome.  ;-) 

• Love 2

Not surprisingly, the re-watch fizzled out pretty quick. I find most people have seen seasons 1-5 a bunch of times through various re-watches but haven't watched the later seasons since the re-watches always die. So I propose for the month of June we start in season 6. I know it's the season of Jonas but it's only 1 season. Or we could start in season 7.

What say you?

Not surprisingly, the re-watch fizzled out pretty quick. I find most people have seen seasons 1-5 a bunch of times through various re-watches but haven't watched the later seasons since the re-watches always die. So I propose for the month of June we start in season 6. I know it's the season of Jonas but it's only 1 season. Or we could start in season 7.

What say you?

I like season 6 and Jonas but I know that's not that common. I would be glad to start with season 6.

It's also on Amazon.

It's back on Hulu, which makes it easier. I guess it's a sign of lazy old age, but I'm less likely to watch if I have to drag out DVDs.

Hulu you say? I guess I need to reactivate my HuluPlus subscription so I can watch it on my phone.

After researching all the ways Daniel died and came back, I realized I'd love to rewatch this entire series.  Strangely, I seem to the opposite in that I've seen the later season eps way more often than the early seasons.  I checked and all seasons are on both Hulu and Amazon Prime.   I've got no problem watching on my own, at my own pace, but thought I'd ask if anyone else is interested.  It's been over a year since this was last tried, and I wasn't part of that. :-D

• Love 1

I find myself jumping around but I'd be down to watch with you, or attempt to do so. I need something to watch at the gym. I'm actually just restarting Atlantis. I hated it the first time and am finally giving it a second chance.

Comet (a hidden digital antenna stations that's like Skiffy used to be) just completed the series, two episodes a night.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 1

Great.  I haven't actually started yet, last weekend being a holiday here and all.  I was going to start tonight, but remembered I want to start Medieval Combat Training tonight (not a TV show, real "combat" training).  So I think I'll start tomorrow, and the really be able to get into it this weekend.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, aquarian1 said:

After researching all the ways Daniel died and came back, I realized I'd love to rewatch this entire series.  Strangely, I seem to the opposite in that I've seen the later season eps way more often than the early seasons.  I checked and all seasons are on both Hulu and Amazon Prime.   I've got no problem watching on my own, at my own pace, but thought I'd ask if anyone else is interested.  It's been over a year since this was last tried, and I wasn't part of that. :-D

I've decided to rewatch too and have made it through episode 5 so far.  I do the same with watching the later seasons more often. The thing I've discovered as a result infrequent viewing of the first seasons is there are large swaths and entire episodes of season 1 that I don't actually remember.  So its like watching for the first time.  Some serious incidents of asking myself how I'd forgotten certain things when I know that I've seen the episode.

• Love 1

I own all the DVDs (of both of the series, SGU I prefer to treat as badly-written apocrypha), and I also have the replacement DVD for the disc containing Threads (the sole long-form episode, which demonstrated that they can pack 90 minutes of story into 90 minutes and keep the audience engaged).  Not re-watching this year though, because elections and a list of series to binge before New Year's.  Maybe next year....

Threads was originally broadcast as 90 minutes.  But there was a 45-minute version for syndication (sliced out an entire subplot and chopped up most of what was left).  The long version was supposed to be in the DVD set, but MGM's DVD department didn't give a damn, and only after massive fan outrage (for Stargate values of massive) was a replacement disk made available - you had to send in the proof-of-purchase to get it mailed to you).  

The big problem with Threads was that it very easily made the case that the show could do good long-form episodes, which in Season 7 was not what anyone appeared to want to do.

• Love 1

I'm going to start a re-watch (I own all seasons, including the above-mentioned replacement disc with the full version of 'Threads' and the re-worked 'Children of the Gods' pilot, which was released as a stand-alone DVD a few years ago), but I need to finish watching my DVDs of 'SG-Atlantis' first.  I'll be back and post when I start watching 'SG-1'.

41 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Dang it! I want that replacement disk. I love Threads!

I think the latest version of the disks is supposed to have the extended version, but I haven't gotten around to checking yet.   I only got the disks recently.  I've been gun shy on buying the whole bundle set because of the awful reviews about packaging on Amazon..  But I finally decided that $70 was cheap enough to take the risk to get the whole series and all the movies.

5 hours ago, marina to said:

I'm thinking of doing a season 7 rewatch since it was my personal favourite. It being the season of peak Daniel hotness IMO having something to do with that. Anyone else want to do the same?

I'm still re-watching--been a little distracted since I started re-watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine too--about five episodes into S7 right now. It's nice to have Daniel back on the team!