Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Titans Go! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This week's episode:  The Cape

Let's take snippets from the "old" show and do a "Marvel Mash-Up" (or a PG version of Sealab 2021, whichever you prefer).

"Can they make their head bigger like this??"

"We can all do that, see!!!"

"How are you able to have your capes and hair blowing around when you're inside a building?"

(That last one was not in the clip; so seriously, watch the whole episode)

They should have done something like this for the whole series.

I've been chipping away at two years worth of DVRed episodes. Man, this is a fun series. Perfect for pausing as well, so you can get more jokes . . . like the time the Titans leased their stuff out, and Robin put out an ad for a crowbar. Only used once.

Also hysterical: Starfire's version of "mummy" is a harried single mother with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so she wraps herself in toilet paper for when she needs it.

Batman and Commissioner Gordon are totally a married couple, aren't they? I would have thought they would be more protests about that. 😛

• Love 2
On 3/27/2018 at 2:49 AM, johntfs said:

There are no words for the 4 part epic Night Begins to Shine episodes so I'll give you this:

Finally caught up with this. "Oh, so it's CARL Burnett. I was wondering why Carol Burnett would be into prog rock." Is that the genre? I mean, it's not heavy metal, but the looks of that universe look inspired by Heavy Metal (the comic magazine). And dang, that song grows on you the more you hear it. Funko even made "Pop" figures on that arc, including a few Cee-Lo Bears. No massive Fallout Boy (Fall Out?) mecha, though.

(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 10:48 PM, Lantern7 said:

Also hysterical: Starfire's version of "mummy" is a harried single mother with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so she wraps herself in toilet paper for when she needs it.

This show just has the best ever version of Starfire.  Sweet, kind, a little naive but smart in her own way but with a capacity to unleash terrifying violence on anybody who tries to mess with her.  And completely not into Robin.

Plus, the way you can just diddie-bop along watching the show and something hits you and go, "Wait a second.  Did they just do furries/vore/age-play/(insert weird and/or horrifying fetish) in that episode?"

Edited by johntfs
(edited)
7 hours ago, johntfs said:

This show just has the best ever version of Starfire.  Sweet, kind, a little naive but smart in her own way but with a capacity to unleash terrifying violence on anybody who tries to mess with her.  And completely not into Robin.

Her voice is what I hear for the character now . . . unless we're talking the original semi-hedonist from Wolfman & Perez's New Teen Titans. When it was announced a black actress was playing her in Titans, and I saw the resulting backlash, I heard TTG Starfire in my head. "Do not listen to the haters, for they are the butthurt." Or maybe she'd say "Hurting of the buttocks."

Anyone with a strong opinion on Bumblebee?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

New episodes next week on Cartoon Network, including another "TV Knight" installment.

I wound up catching the hour-long "Where Exactly on the Globe is Carl Sanpedro." If you ever played Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?, it will bring back so many memories. References to the computer game and the PBS game show. Great times.

Last year, they gave us an entire collection of holiday episodes; apparently, we are now doing a collection of team-up episodes.

Cartoon Feud

"Like, wow, Scoob.   Why does Robin not sound like me anymore??"

Ghost With The Most

"Hey, Teen Twerps!!  It's SHOWTIME!!!!"

Huggbees

"Much like Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, I, the wackiest superhero ever, have returned.   Wait, this is just for one episode???  Nut Bunnies!!!"

Superhero Feud

"Soooo .... Cartoon Network wouldn't allow you guys on "Justice League" fifteen years ago

because of so-called "continuality errors"; yet, despite you guys showing Wonder Woman as a full-grown adult,

and us showing you guys as little toddler tweens, Cartoon Network thinks THIS team-up is perfectly OK???????"

Space House, the one-hour (4 parts) Teen Titans Go! X DC Super Hero Girls crossover special premiering Monday, May 31 at 6 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network.

The teen superheroes accept a mysterious invitation to enjoy a vacation getaway among the stars. The Space House is equipped with enough state-of-the-art technology that even Batgirl takes notice, complete with a massive TV fit for binging every episode of Muffin Wars – a superhero favorite – plus a 3-D printer snack machine that can supply Cyborg and Beast Boy with enough burgers, burritos and burgerritos to last an infinity. But where is the Space House headed and who invited them on this vacation in the first place? Robin, Wonder Woman, Raven, Supergirl and the rest of the crime-fighting heroes from the two toons join forces to solve this ultimate intergalactic mystery.

Teen Titans Go!   9 a.m. ET/PT  

Saturday, May 1   “Zimdings” – When Robin selects the last font on the list for his presentation, it sets off the typocalypse.

Saturday, May 8  “Pig in a Poke” – The Titans are worried when Starfire says she has sent all of her money to a prince online, especially when it could be the clown prince himself.

Saturday, May 15  “P.P.” – While stopping a museum theft, the Titans encounter the P.P. Goblin, who uses the Titan’s pet peeves against them.

Saturday, May 22  “A Little Help Please” – When they receive a distress call from the TTG animators and artists, the Titans must tone down their actions and avoid big adventures.

Saturday, May 29  “Marv Wolfman and George Perez” – Marv Wolfman and George Pérez must pitch an idea for the new Teen Titans in 24 hours, so they brainstorm different concepts for the team.

Monday, May 31  “Space House” – The Titans set off on an adventure in space, only to find out they’ll be sharing their Space House with the DC Super Hero Girls.

• Useful 1

Well Titans, it's time for another multi-part adventure, this time with the DC SuperHero Girls.

Greetings, Titans!!!

Control Freak!!!  What are you doing here??  You're not even in this adventure!

I know.  It's just that the guy who is writing this wants me to point out how stupid this adventure is.

Well, both are you are wrong!!!  This is the greatest adventure team-up ever!!!  First off,

all the heros pick our bedrooms, and we give Bumblebee the crappy one.

Huh, that sounds familiar.

Um, yes, well, next, we go on a madcap adventure when Jessica loses her power ring and half of us

travel inside Zantana's magic hat to find it.

So, you go "inside" a magic hat and discover a magical land.  Once again, sounds familiar.

Well, um, never mind that. How about our "Lord of the Rings" and "Armageddon" parodies???

Great.  Two movies I'd rather be watching instead of this.

Hey, look!!!  Cameo appearances from Young Justice!!!

Speaking of stuff I'd rather be watching.

Beast Boy!!  Cyborg!!  Tell Control Freak why this adventure is the greatest team-up adventure ever!!!

BURGERITTO!!!!!!!!

A while ago, I had to explain why you guys suck so much.   I don't have to do that no more.

OK, I give up.  Let's go and watch "Young Justice" on HBO Max.

‘Teen Titans GO! See Space Jam’ Watch Party Coming Father’s Day

1054842-teentitansgoseespacejamkeyart-12

Teen Titans GO! See Space Jam, an 80-minute original movie that follows the DC Super Heroes as they watch and offer hilarious commentary on the classic 1996 live-action/animated sports comedy film, Space Jam, which stars basketball legend Michael Jordan, Bugs Bunny, and the Looney Tunes. The movie premieres Sunday, June 20 at 6:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network ahead of its digital release from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on July 27.

See for yourself!

In the film, the Teen Titans are visited by the Nerdlucks, the iconic Space Jam villains who tried to capture Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes. Astonished to discover his fellow Titans have never seen Space Jam, Cyborg organizes an exclusive watch party. Of course, if the Titans are watching a movie, don’t expect silence to be golden. Raven and Starfire provide the commentary, Cyborg presents the fun facts, Beast Boy points out the butt shots, and Robin…well, Robin doesn’t trust their new alien friends. Are the Nerdlucks here to attend an innocent watch party, or do they have more sinister motives up their sleeves? 

Following its linear airing, fans can watch Teen Titans GO! See Space Jam on the Cartoon Network app and VOD. The movie will also be available to purchase on digital starting July 27 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

• Useful 1

Teen Titans Go! has been renewed for Season 8 where they will reach 400 episodes.

Teen Titans Go! & DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse is a movie that will be coming to Digital, Blu-ray and DVD on May 24, then airing on Cartoon Network on May 28, then comes to HBO Max on June 28. Bonus content on the Blu-ray and DVD will include episodes "Teen Titans Go!: Season 2: Operation Tin Man", "Teen Titans Go!: Season 4: Titan Saving Time", and "DC Super Hero Girls: Season 2: #SmallVictories".

With the help of an ancient Kryptonian power, Lex Luthor unites the world's Super-Villains to capture all of Earth's Super Heroes, until ... only the DC Super Hero Girls are left to stop the Legion of Doom. Our heroes must cross dimensions to rescue their fellow Super Heroes from the Phantom Zone, but a fortuitous wrong turn leads them to Titans Tower - where they find much-needed allies in the Teen Titans. The young Super Heroes discover their combined strength - and usual comic relief - are essential to save the day in this blockbuster event!

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1

New episodes of Teen Titans Go! will be airing soon on Cartoon Network.

"Finding Aquaman" will debut on Saturday, May 14.

Then Teen Titans Go! will release a new episode every day starting on May 23. 

"Whodundidit?" on May 23

"Sweet Revenge" on May 24

"Porch Pirates" on May 25

"A Sticky Situation" on May 26

"The Perfect Pitch?" on May 27

The feature-length special, "Teen Titans Go! & DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse" on May 28.

• Useful 1
On 7/18/2022 at 1:40 AM, opus said:

I looked for this on HBO Max, but didn’t see it there.

I'm sure you probably found it by now, but it IS available on Amazon Prime (or VUDU).

One of the very few DC animated properties that are NOT on HBO Max

(especially odd considering the actual series is available on HBO Max).

Meanwhile, just another reason for Tara Strong to fight and argue ............. with herself.

(I remember that weird special they did a few years back which was just Tara Strong characters (including Raven).)

Jam     ---    The Gotham City Sirens  (Harley Quinn (voiced by Tara Strong), Poison Ivy, and Catwoman)

need two more members on their roller derby team, so they ask Raven (voiced by Tara Strong) and Starfire to join their team.

New episodes of Teen Titans Go! 

Mon., Sept. 12  5 p.m. Teen Titans Go! “Jump City Rock” 

Teen-Titans-Go-Jump-Rock-City.jpg— The Titans team up with Nandi and Thomas Bushell to take down The Joker.

Tues., Sept. 13  5 p.m. Teen Titans Go! “Natural Gas”— Outraged at the price they pay for water, gas, and electricity, the Titans go off the grid.

Weds., Sept. 14  5 p.m. Teen Titans Go! “50% Chad" — Having grown tired of their current villains, the Titans hold an audition for a new arch-nemesis.

Thurs., Sept. 15  5 p.m. Teen Titans Go! “The Score" — The Titans have a hard time dealing with their emotions when an evil composer changes the music in their show.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1

Teen Titans Go! New Episodes in February 

Looking for Love        Monday, February 6, 2023    6 pm

When they receive an alert that Love is missing, the Titans set out to find her using musical clues.

Teen Titans Action Part 1 & 2      Monday, February 20, 2023

The Titans learn that toys from comedy shows don’t sell, so they vow to become action heroes.

TV Night 8       Monday, February 27, 2023

Commissioner Gordon has to work, so Batman joins him at the GCPD for fun and crimefighting.

• Thanks 1
On 6/14/2021 at 7:51 PM, AnimeMania said:

Teen Titans GO! See Space Jam, an 80-minute original movie that follows the DC Super Heroes as they watch and offer hilarious commentary on the classic 1996 live-action/animated sports comedy film, Space Jam, which stars basketball legend Michael Jordan, Bugs Bunny, and the Looney Tunes.

Just sat and watch the ACTUAL "Space Jam" ...................

and NOW I KNOW why they did this.

Right after Michael and the Looney Tunes win the game, the Looney Tunes fly Michael back to the "real" world in the Nerdluck space ship.  They "drop him off" right in front of a crowd right before a baseball game he needs to play.   As Michael is stepping out of the spaceship,  YOU-KNOW-WHO starts to sing.

I can see the execs at Cartoon Network now............

"Hey, we want to show "Space Jam" some time this year on our network.  What do you think????'"

"WE CAN'T DO THAT!!!   You-know-who  sings his song after they win the game."

"Oh.............  Hey, what if there was a way we could, like, stop the movie right after they win the game????"

"I'm listening."