Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Secrets of Storybrooke/Darkness On The Edge Of Town

• Start Topic

No one is on the West Coast?  I just started the recap, and I already want to throw something against the wall.  Eddie just said they started the whole thing when they were discussing how frustrating it would be to be the Evil Queen. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Love 1

Apparently, the world lives on the East Coast. I don't live on the West Coast either, but the Mountain Time Zone is never remembered, so I join you in your frustration. On a positive note, reading earlier commentary allows for aggravation avoidance since I can tell when I'll be pissed. 

(edited)

At least the behind-the-scenes stuff is keeping the recap special slightly more fresh.  I'm not sure how coherent this would be for someone who doesn't watch the show.

Adam: "Often, we start with a concept."  And end with one, apparently.

It's painful watching the Season 1 Henry... he was so awesome.  Reminds me how much they've destroyed him.

Season 1 took up half of this recap.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

I find it amusing that the "recap" part basically encompasses the entire first season and then it's here we are today. Seriously, more than halfway into this special and we're still in Season 1. The last two and a half seasons are like nothing to see here, folks.

(edited)

Another great Eddie quote.  "For us the evil Queen wasn't just evil.  She was tortured."  

I know the narrator is Emma, but when she said Regina was "a gangster we all couldn't help but love"?  Oh god.

Regina's transformation gives a lot of us hope.  Operation Nuanced Villain is a success.  Whoever wrote this is delusional.

This is making me really dislike Eddie.  He's positively glowing about how people were upset Regina didn't get invited to the party at the end of 2A, and how it shows they succeeded.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well yeah. When the woman who had literally just tried to kill them doesn't get a friendly reception at the party to celebrate their return, we should all weep with her. Do you remember you showed her slaughtering an entire village a few episodes later, Eddy? Or murdering the father of a child because the kid wanted to go home? I'm sure that won Regina more of the pity vote too. Nuanced Villain, my ass.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3

When the entire Writers' room laughed at the thought of killing Emma and Hook?  Yikes.  The whole "What if..." approach is how they operate, just as we imagined.

Only Regina got testimonials about how the audience loves her.  I was surprised there was nothing about Robin and Marion having to leave Storybrooke.

The only relevant event shown from "Heroes and Villains" was Belle forcing Rumple over the town line.  Not even Operation Mongoose.  Which means this upcoming episode is going to have a whooooooole lot of exposition.

Previously on Once Upon a Time...We pissed off pretty much every one of our fans with a nonsensical and lacklustre finale.

Seriously, a powerful sorceress and a sea goddess would be worried about a couple of dogs why?

• Love 2
(edited)

Seriously, no mention of Eddie's "Can we show Regina's death? LOL, just kidding!" He underestimates how many people wish he wasn't just kidding.

The whole "What if..." approach is how they operate, just as we imagined.

To be fair, all writer's rooms do that. The problem with this one is that nobody second-guesses the "What if" ideas or checks if they are consistent with what's already been established on the show.

I always like the first few episodes...its the latter half of the season where they tend to lose me

Agreed. Neverland was about the only exception, for me anyway.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2