Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

How Mattie, Daddy and really most of these people can show their face after the sloppy way they act on this show is a mystery to me. On the after show, when Mattie sees clips of her crazy Martha self, there doesn't seem to be any shame or embarrassment whatsoever. She will indicate she doesn't remember any of it and just shrugs and laughs.  Daddy too.  My family would be dragging me to rehab or staging an intervention on me or something.  Family pride used to mean something in the South.  I'm probably over thinking it, but I hope these kids are the exception and not the rule.  Sometimes this show is a hoot and sometimes it's just alarming.

I kinda love that Tiffany and Lyle are the Martha whisperers. I think this is the farthest Martha's has gone in the leaving process. And how is Hott Dogg one of Mattie's closest friends by she's never seen Martha? Bullshit. I will say Mattie punching that shit-talking jealous chick was funny as hell.

Hott Dogg, STFU about Lil Bit! You don't know her and bringing her up again and again is not a good look. She's definitely feeling Daddy more than he's feeling her. Does this mean she's the Daddy and Daddy's the Lil Bit of this relationship?

I loved Murray (and Walt) apologizing to Hannah. This is why I adore Murray and really like Walt most of the time.

• Love 1

Well, they got their pool privileges back.  Baby steps, right?

It's quite something watching Daddy's decline.  I loved this quote:  "Jagermeister wins again."  He is totally aware that he costs himself, eg no pretzels in bed, yet he keeps hitting the power juice hard.  

What good is a sports bar if you don't care about sports?  

I was surprised TPTB didn't make more of the altercation with green shirt.  Mattie's shot to the head was impressive!  

So, isn't about time for their vacation trip?  They totally should go to Germany for the Jager factory tour.

Daddy and Hannah spend most of their time talking about "doing it," yet they never do. It's either Daddy's booze or producer manipulations.

Mattie walks like a linebacker. And green-shirt drunk never saw that punch coming.

The Martha schtick is just that, schtick for the cameras. I find it annoying.

I'll second the notion of an episode or a series of Walt and Murray going about their day, fishing and fixin' stuff and cookin' and trading intelligent banter. I'm over the endless drinking as entertainment.

Episode 8:

"Mixed Drinks and Mixed Signals"

Lyle pushes Walt to his boiling point, while Hott Dogg's feelings for Daddy boil over and emotions run high. To let off steam, the whole gang heads to Louisiana where a Martha storm is brewing.

Airs April 16, 2015.

I would hate partying with Mattie/Martha, because that crap gets old WAY FAST. Packing and threatening to leave home, crying, throwing things -- needy much? 

I remember one friend growing up who would always end up crying when she got drunk. It took 2 or 3 episodes before I opted never to drink with her ever again. 

I'd be pissed too if my family didn't show up when they said they would. Especially since Mattie was really excited for family day. That being said, Martha does get annoying.

LOVED Tiffany giving Hott Dogg a reality check. She needs to calm the fuck down.

And I liked Walt and Lyle squashing their beef quickly and simply.

Pretty sure events like the family reunion and the hot dog eating contests are the producers' ideas.

Lyle seemed like he regretted the idea immediately.

This was a classic PDS.  So much made more sense with our brief exposure to their rents.  If ever Martha had cause to rear up, this was it.  The no-show was very likely the hottest of hot button issues for her.  It is no stretch to imagine the bitter disappointments Maddie has suffered.

I liked seeing Walt getting real about Boudreaux's behavior causing him problems.  As much as I empathize with who he has become, Lyle is menacing as heck much too often.

I'm liking Hannah less and less.  She just wants to have her fun, regardless the cost to herself or the others.  It sure appears she was raised better.

It was nice to see them enjoying the pool again.

I think Hannah came in thinking she'd be hot shit, and the boys reinforced that at first. Now she can't understand why her looks and talking shit about Lil Bit aren't winning her friends (or Daddy's dick).

• Love 3

Episode 9:

"The Big Uneasy"

The gang heads to New Orleans where Mattie meets a new man, Daddy tries hard to impress Hott Dogg, and Tiffany receives news that may end her vacation for good.

Airs April 23, 2015.

So nice to see Hurricane Martha peter out into mild rain and a light breeze. Seeing the parents party with the kids was fun, especially Lauren's mom dancing with her and Lauren's shocked expression. And I especially liked Lyle's mom and Lauren's mom threatening to beat their asses for inappropriate behavior. I laughed and laughed.

And yay! Mattie got her some! And Daddy didn't have whiskey dick with Hott Dogg…less excited about that as I think it'll cause even more problems. I did love Lyle fist-bumping Mattie after she banged his friend twice.

Episode 10:

"Down This Road Before"

A fight is sparked between housemates after Hannah confronts Daddy about what will become of their romance once the summer ends. Also: while the gang gets dirty at a massive mud fest, Daddy gets out of control.

Airs April 30, 2015.

The guys ride in the pick-up was easily among my favorite moments in PDS.  It was a conversation millions of fellas have had with their buddies.  Daddy well understood they were not picking on him and we did not get the typical histrionics of a reality show.  It was just an age-old discussion about girls.  

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it was sad and a little scary to see Murray absolutely lose his mind at Muddy Joes.  

Hott Dogg's talk with Daddy was among the most unintentionally hilarious I have ever seen.  He kept insisting he was a loser, which was a noble thing to do and which happens to be true.  Then she listed the things that were true and bad, and said that he wasn't really that person and was awesome.   The human capacity to rationalize away truth is endless, eh?  

My roommate and I screamed at the tv every time Hot Dogg would say something to the effect of "i need to know how daddy feels about me" or "I need to know if we are MORE than just fun" OMG how many times does Daddy have to say "I'm not ready for a relationship".  Yeah yeah I know he leads her on and tells her she is so badass and loves her ass blah blah but girl - he isn't "feeling some type of way" and he's said as much several times.  

And really why in the world does she feel like he is such a catch anyways?  I know we only see what they want us to see and maybe he is really a sweetheart, intelligent, charming but I tend to believe him when he calls himself a loser.

• Love 2

I think Mattie explained Hott Dogg when she said Hott Dogg is never without a man. So Hott Dogg clings to Daddy because she's so sure he "feels some type of way" so she isn't lonely. But girl, when the dude's compliments are "you're bad ass" and "your butt is incredible", he's just looking for a booty call or friends with benefits. Those are not "I'm falling for you" compliments! Everyone can see that except Hott Dogg. Actually, I think she knows it too, she just doesn't want to admit it.

• Love 1

Episode 11:

"Bye Bye, Biloxi"

Mattie gets down-and-dirty at a mudding bikini contest; Hannah faces off with Martha; the gang blows it out on their final night as they say goodbye to Biloxi.

Airs May 7, 2015.

Lauren cracked me up when she was so sure she was cheering for Mattie even though the girl she was cheering for was wearing a hat and was about a foot shorter than Mattie.

I really enjoyed this season, especially this episode. Doddy-Walt and Walt-Doddy had me in stitches! Tiffany and Weiner were cute with their uncontrollable laughter and even Lyle-Mattie and Murray-Lyle were fun.

I really like this group. They just clicked by the end. I didn't expect that from the beginning but didn't miss the little chick, at all. I wondered how a "friend of a friend" would work out but it worked out fine, IMO.

My only gripe? Doddy's "problem" wasn't just large amounts of alcohol. I was their age once. I'm not stupid.

• Love 1

They have the reunion, I have it on my DRV, haven't watched it all yet.

Tiffany goes on about how at first she didn't like Hannah only hanging with Maddy and the boys.

Yes - I saw the fox too. Later on they talk about the fox when they see it in the yard, but I'd seen the fox run by behind Walt's shoulder in the scene earlier in the episode.

Yes - Walt and Daddy just talked and talked (and talked. ...) about Hott Dogg's smoking hot ass, and wanting to bang her. She is hot and they are redneck drunks looking to score all the time. Not a hard calculation.

And definitely yes - Tiffany and Lauren are so jealous and THIRSTY for attention. It's so pathetic. Lauren has fat girl syndrome, and Tiffany thinks she's a 10 when, in reality, she's barely a 6. She can't understand why she can't get laid. She can't get laid because she is a 2am, bars closing, grab what ya can, kind of girl. And even then .... if you sober up too quick, you're gonna run out before you want her to put out. Maybe you need to go take care of your dog or something at the last minute.

I can't stand how jealous and obnoxious Tiffany is overall. And not that her boyfriend in season 4 is anything special, but, maybe she finally got a guy AFTER she became semi-famous for doing reality TV?? I just can't see any other reason. She isn't hot, or even attractive much past an average. She's a little pudgy as well. But, what she lacks in looks appeal she does NOT make up for in personality. She is obnoxious and loud, and dumb as a box of rocks. But - she's wayyyyy too opinionated for all that dumb on top of all that, and it just piles on. You add up all her 'attributes' and you get a girl any normal man will always run from!!

And Lauren .... she's less attractive, more emotional, chubbier (ok, she's a 'fat girl' if we're being honest), and has the personality of 30 year old wallpaper.

And these two girls can't understand why a.) The roommates don't pay them as much attention as Mattie or Hott Dogg and b.) They can't get laid .......

Gee - I wonder why